Main Menu

Russian F15??

Started by besty, August 17, 2010, 06:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

besty

USAF F15 showing with Russian Flag? I'm guessing its off the mode s code but why? I've noticed this several times lately.

DaveReid

Quote from: besty on August 17, 2010, 06:44:54 PM
USAF F15 showing with Russian Flag? I'm guessing its off the mode s code but why? I've noticed this several times lately.

If you miss the last octal digit off an F-15's 24-bit address, you end up with a Russian hex code.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

besty

thanks for that Dave, thought it was a bit unusual, what's missed the last digit off? radarbox or aircraft?

DaveReid

Quote from: besty on August 17, 2010, 07:32:08 PM
thanks for that Dave, thought it was a bit unusual, what's missed the last digit off? radarbox or aircraft?

Aircraft miscoded.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ACW367

The ones I have recieved had hex codes that started 15C or 15E and had last three numbers matching machines that are based at lakenheath. I think the first part is deliberate and relates to whether it is an F-15C or F-15E.  Therefore I reckon they are deliberately doing tactical miscodes in the 15C and 15E russian series instead of the AE0 USAF series they should be using.

DaveReid

Quote from: ACW367 on August 17, 2010, 09:57:17 PMThe ones I have recieved had hex codes that started 15C or 15E and had last three numbers matching machines that are based at lakenheath. I think the first part is deliberate and relates to whether it is an F-15C or F-15E.  Therefore I reckon they are deliberately doing tactical miscodes in the 15C and 15E russian series instead of the AE0 USAF series they should be using.

Interesting theory.  What would 15C59E equate to ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

viking9

Please tell me you're not really Pat.
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

DaveReid

Quote from: viking9 on August 18, 2010, 07:54:48 AMPlease tell me you're not really Pat.

Must be - it's the only explanation I can think of :-)

Quote from: AirNav Support on May 12, 2010, 07:49:07 AMWe have added extra spam protection to our forum now so hopefully the vast majority of spammers won't get through.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

Its hard to stop the human spammers, unless we spend all our time vetting each forum user.

The system we use does block a lot more through email, ip, username checking as well the as the normal email activation check.

I think you would agree, we would rather spend our time helping customers then vetting customers on the forum.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Runway 31

Dont know about F-15's but there has been a Russian An30 Open Skies serial 01 Black flying about up here in Scotland most of the afternoon and was last seen heading south, low level at 1600. 

Not showing on SBS

EK01

I thought Open Skies used B757's
Lol

Ian