Problem with tracking - it is tracking on PP

Started by QF1, April 26, 2010, 03:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mjleprix

Tarbat/Dave
Thanks for your imput. I have the starter Flightroute.sqb in the log file along with
database.sqb but nothing still shows in routes.
Mike

tarbat

Have you setup the directory preferences in Planeplotter to point to the folder containing the database.sqb file?

mjleprix

Yes I have ,Tarbat. But do you need to point something to the Flightroute.sqb which is in the same folder
Thanks
mike

QF1


I have basically moved my posts on this subject to the thread "The Black Hole of Singapore", as that is approx where I am this week and it seems that flights disappear from the aircraft list when they are 2N of the equator, (but still appear on PP).  This would appear to be an AirNav software problem, which I will wait for them to address.

As I am not normally in this area it is not really a problem for me. I don't want to start any arguments here but I also still maintain that my Basestation picks up flights earlier and displays them for longer tham my AirNav unit, with same aerials etc etc.  I do not know enough about how the AirNav decodes data but believe that it is all done in the computer itself, so maybe I need more"computer power" to be able to decode all the flights as quickly as Basestation.

Cheers
M

tarbat

Quote from: mjleprix on April 28, 2010, 08:05:02 PMYes I have ,Tarbat. But do you need to point something to the Flightroute.sqb which is in the same folder

I can't remember.  You would probably get an answer on the Planeplotter forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/planeplotter/

mjleprix

Tarbat .Just to close out my query. I now have routes appearing- used new version and re did the wizard install and 'hey Presto'.
Many thanks for your input.
Mike