HOW TO ACTIVATE THE MLAT FOR RADARBOX24

Started by medlege, December 10, 2019, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greytech

Reboots is how I kept MLAT running for the past year when it randomly stopped, but no amount of reboots or "sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder" would fix it when MLAT quit about a month ago. I had an error message when running "sudo systemctl status rbfeeder" to the effect:
"File "/usr/bin/mlat-client", line 108, in <module>
adsbexchange rbfeeder[642]:     open(pidfile, 'w').write(pid)
adsbexchange rbfeeder[642]: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/run/mlat-client.pid'

This error cleared when I applied the patches in my post above and MLAT then started working. One can now restart the process with "sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder" and "sudo systemctl restart mlat-client", MLAT now happily restarts without a reboot.

abcd567

#46
@Greytech
That patch was for BUSTER, and worked for you because you have Buster. For those who have BULLSEYE, following is the patch:

To install mlat-client package on RPi with 32-bit Raspi OS BULLSEYE


wget https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package/releases/download/v1/mlat-client_0.2.11_BULLSEYE_armhf.deb 

sudo dpkg -i mlat-client_0.2.11_BULLSEYE_armhf.deb 

sudo apt-mark hold mlat-client 




Greytech

Thanks for that - I will file this for the future in case I do upgrade...
Cheers Tony

AlphaWarrior

I want to ask a question on MLAT but everytim I post the logs this BB says it is spam... help..

Runway 31

Are you attaching the log ot posting it on the thread, whatever way you are doing it try the other

Alan

RZEE

Quote from: AlphaWarrior on May 05, 2023, 04:37:26 AM
I want to ask a question on MLAT but everytim I post the logs this BB says it is spam... help..

This forum software is 8 years out of date, quite risky to visit this. They try to workaround with a terrible spamfilter ''cleantalk'', all it does is making a normal conversation inpossible on this forum. I gave up on it for this. see also https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=103651.0

gerfie

Hello!
I am new to Radarbox.
I installed RB Feeder and Mlat (Bullsey version with 32 bit) on my Raspberry 4 with OS Bullseye 32 bit.
Everything seems to work fine, except Mlat.
It shows Mlat is working. When I watch it I can see that Mlat synchronize with other stations in intervall and not permanently. I do not know why. When I look to other stations with Mlat it seems they synchronize permanently. Seen on green points on the map. Mine are there for a few seconds and disapear. A few minutes later they will apear again on the map for one minute or so.
Also the amount of Mlat pakets on my Pi are relativ low against others.
I was trying everything what I could find in this forum.
I have no idea what to do, for getting it work permanently.
Maybe the expierienced ones of you will have some ideas what to do?

sorry for my english

Kind Regards
Gerry

Runway 31


gerfie



Runway 31

Can you post your ini file minus your details

Alan

gerfie

meanwhile I have tested FlightAware and ads-b exchange
the best working site is flightaware. there I can see all planes in realtime, even MLAT planes are shown. this is not the case with radarbox24.
the only real advantage RB24 has, is the beautiful look of the site. this is really good made.
But what should it bring when when parts of the software is not working well (mlat) and I can see a delay in data also. Everything compared on one screen with Flightaware and ADSBexchange parallel to each other, Radarbox shown planes are several seconds behind in their location.
As I could see in Forum posts , the problem with Radarbox exist a longer timespan right now and is not to be solved in the next time. It seems that they are not interested helping to solve the problems. Otherwise all feeder deliver data to Radarbox without of cost for them.

Runway 31

You dont want to help yourself, I asked you to post your RB ini file yesterday to let me have a look at it to see if anytihng need changed

Have you added your exact lat/lon as you have no syncs so there is someting wrong there but unless you post your ini we cant see

Alan

gerfie

Hello Alan!

update: meanwhile I am using a multifeeder (ADSB.im) and oh wonder everything is working !!
Even in Radarbox is MLAT now working without problem
that is a clear sigh that a mistake is build in in Radarbox software for Pi

Kind Regards

Runway 31

There is no issue with the MLAT Client, it was fixed in 2022 and myself and many others have it working with no issues.  Normaly the issue for MLAT not working for a user is an issue with their ini file but glad you now have it working

Alan