rtlsdr: error opening the RTLSDR device: Device or resource busy

Started by ea5xq, December 25, 2024, 06:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ea5xq

Hi

I have installed rbfeeder and works fine. I added fr24feed and adbsexchange and only if teh Raspberry Pi (3b+) reboot rbfeeder faces problems to access the SDR (radarbox original), I have to stop rbfeed, fr24 and adsbsexchange, switch off/on the SDR and starts only rbfeeder and thereafter the rest. It seems that a process is taking the control of the device before Rbfeeder. How could I control it? thanks

sudo systemctl status rbfeeder
● rbfeeder.service - RBFeeder Service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rbfeeder.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2024-12-25 19:01:39 CET; 9s ago
    Process: 22121 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir /var/run/rbfeeder (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Process: 22122 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown rbfeeder:rbfeeder /var/run/rbfeeder (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 22123 ExecStartPre=/bin/touch /var/log/rbfeeder.log (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 22124 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown rbfeeder:rbfeeder /var/log/rbfeeder.log (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 22125 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown rbfeeder:rbfeeder /etc/rbfeeder.ini (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 22126 ExecStartPre=/bin/setfacl -m u:www-data:rwx /etc/rbfeeder.ini (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 22127 (rbfeeder)
      Tasks: 10 (limit: 1595)
        CPU: 698ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/rbfeeder.service
             ├─22127 /usr/bin/rbfeeder
             └─22136 /usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/bin/mlat-client --input-type dump1090 --input-connect 127.0.0.1:32457 --server ml>

Dec 25 19:01:42 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22168]: usb_claim_interface error -6
Dec 25 19:01:42 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22168]: rtlsdr: error opening the RTLSDR device: Device or resource busy
Dec 25 19:01:45 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22218]: Wed Dec 25 19:01:45 2024 CET  dump1090-rb 1.0.10 starting up.
Dec 25 19:01:45 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22218]: rtlsdr: using device #0: Generic RTL2832U OEM (AIRNAV, ADSB_1090, SN 00000010)
Dec 25 19:01:45 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22218]: usb_claim_interface error -6
Dec 25 19:01:45 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22218]: rtlsdr: error opening the RTLSDR device: Device or resource busy
Dec 25 19:01:48 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22257]: Wed Dec 25 19:01:48 2024 CET  dump1090-rb 1.0.10 starting up.
Dec 25 19:01:48 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22257]: rtlsdr: using device #0: Generic RTL2832U OEM (AIRNAV, ADSB_1090, SN 00000010)
Dec 25 19:01:48 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22257]: usb_claim_interface error -6
Dec 25 19:01:48 RaspiNOAA rbfeeder[22257]: rtlsdr: error opening the RTLSDR device: Device or resource busy

Runway 31

I would suggest that RB feeder is trying to uses its internal 1090 but as the stick is already in use with the FR24 1090 is cannot connect.  Can you post your ini file with your details redacted

Alan

ea5xq

Thanks

here is the rbfeeder.ini

[client]
network_mode=false
log_file=/var/log/rbfeeder.log

sn=EXTRPI657091

#device=00000010

lat=39.917340000000003

lon=-0.0071050000000000002

alt=13

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1

[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/bin/mlat-client

[dump978]
dump978_enabled=false

And the fr24feed.ini

receiver="avr-tcp"
host="127.0.0.1:30002"
bs="no"
raw="no"
mlat="yes"
mlat-without-gps="yes"


Thanks

Runway 31

Under Client, change network_mode=false to network_mode=true

Had a look at EXTRPI657091 and you are showing aircraft

Alan

ea5xq

Thanks!, it worked like a charm, now I am able to feed three aggregators

bvb40170

Hi!   I'm having the same problem.  I've changed the .ini under client to true (from false).
This didn't change anything and I'm still offline.  My station is EXTRPI025073

Help, please!

abcd567

Please post output of following command:

pgrep dump -l