RadarBox ads-b FlightStick with Raspberry Pi5

Started by oldboy, January 01, 2025, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oldboy

 Hello all, is there anyone able to help with the problem of the flightstick, messages not getting through. it is shown as connected, gone thru every setting in the setup menu, I'm trying to connect to virtual radar server. TIA.

Runway 31

Cant help with VRS, if it was RB I could probably help

Alan

oldboy

Hi All, Have spent hrs & hrs, trying g to set this up on the Pi5, to say its not forgiving is an understatement, so I have used the instructions from the Bake a Pi post, but to no avail. there are no instructions where the data is stored where to look on the system or if the will unit flash/blink when connected, there must be a way around this, I really am disappointed in this, I dont think its beyond my capabilities. so what do I have to do to get it connected to Airnav, nothing but airnav. many thanks. 

Runway 31

#3
Linux is quite hard for us old guys, you need to use syntax to give instructions and is not for the faint hearted

Thankfully when I set mines up using the instructions on Bake a Pi and it basically worked right away.  The Pi has a red power light and thats it.  If you are using an airnav flightstick it has a light when powered up,  You can only view your output on https://www.airnavradar.com/.. Where are you located?

If you have a flightstick you can connect to the usb port of your windows computer and using the V6 software https://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60003Setup.exe and the drivers it will work as the original box did https://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe


Alan

oldboy

Hi Alan, thank you for your prompt reply, I'm just outside of Norwich NWI / EGSH being my local airport. I diid take some time doing some research into updating and moving away from the wins, with the view of usung a Pi, I had come across these in the late '70's they were called SCSI's, only dealt them with as an interface, not any writing. I also did some programming in BASIC, nothing exiting. I tried and tried more times than I can remember several sources to set the Flightstick up, so I'm tad frustrated with it, it's good to know you used Bake a Pi, and you are happy with it. Regards Saj

oldboy

Hi Alan, I forgot to ask you which route did you go down to set your Pi up? was it the burn the sd card, or use terminal? Many thanks Saj

oldboy

Update on previous topic, well the flightstick is up and running thanks for your support Alan! In fact I had pinged the server on the the 4th of Jan, but not realised it, as there was no indications to indicate that it had happened, there were also two days of pings on the server, it wasn't until Alan mentioned that you have to view the airnav maps to confirm!!!, so thank you Alan, didn't realise that, I was looking for confirmation locally anyhow all sorted - thank you..

Runway 31

I see you now, good coverage.  Glad its working OK

Alan