Could someone be using my station?

Started by Jhosua1, August 23, 2025, 08:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jhosua1

Alan, Yes, I received an email stating that the ticket had been created, and then a message from a support operator asking if I'd changed my location. I told him no and explained the strange situation with screenshots. Now I'm waiting to see if they reply again.

Jhosua1

Abcd567, I'm going to try the same thing you told me and let me know what I see next. Thanks for the help. I hope it works out that way.

Runway 31

Have had a reply back from the Developer, they will look into it tomorrow

Alan

AirNav Support

Quote from: Jhosua1 on August 26, 2025, 05:34:40 PM
Alan, I've already sent them an email explaining this problem, but they haven't responded. I don't know if it's because they have so many inquiries, but the support service isn't very efficient or quick. I'll wait for a solution.

This doesn't help at all when we are trying to help. We have been responding to you and you have replied to our response. Please refrain from insinuating that no one has responded to you.

There are chances of a key being duplicated, users use dockers and other tools which mean the generated key is sometimes already in use. In most cases if someone is already sharing the server will block any other connection, in your case as you weren't sharing it started showing aircraft from another feeder.   
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Jhosua1

Abcd567, that process has already been completed, and they've sent me a new key and a new station. Is it normal for them to change it, or should I have received the same key and station? Is it possible they removed it because it was out of service for a few weeks?

Runway 31

#20
I am advised that contrary to what you stated, support has been in conversation with you and the developers are going to look into it tomorrow

Alan

Jhosua1

I'm sorry, Alan, for not being more explicit about technical support earlier. I meant I've been waiting for a response since last night, but I omitted the fact that they'd contacted me by email. Now that the server has given me a new station number, I don't know whether to leave it as it was or just stay that way. Mainly to avoid further complicating things with the help desk. In any case, I don't know how long it will take for this new station number to appear on my dashboard because even though I've restarted the smartphone app, the old station is still showing up.

Runway 31

It will be worked on tomorrow as advised earlier, have you restarted your Pi

Alan

abcd567

#23
Quote from: AirNav Support on August 26, 2025, 07:09:42 PM
There are chances of a key being duplicated, users use dockers and other tools which mean the generated key is sometimes already in use. In most cases if someone is already sharing the server will block any other connection, in your case as you weren't sharing it started showing aircraft from another feeder.

This was exactly my conclusion, but I did not want to say it without any proof. I know they have some code in rbfeeder's installation through docker on Ubuntu (amd64 / x86_64) on a Laptop or PC to spoof mac address of RPi, and this spoofed one may coincide with an actual RPi's mac address. That is why in my last post above I suggested to @Jhosua1 to comment out key and sn entries by placing a # mark at start of these two lines in file rbfeeder.ini and restart rbfeeder.



abcd567

#24
@AirNav Support

Users running Linux on a PC or Laptop reqire a rbfeeder package for amd64 x86_64 architecture. As AirNav RB24 supplies rbfeeder package only for RPi (armhf and aarch64), these user are forced to use dockerised rbfeeder, which creates this nuisance of spoofed mac address and two different users using same key.

The Flightradar24 and Planefinder supply their packages not only for RPi (armhf & aarch64), but also for amd64 x86_64 as well. As a result rarely any of their feeders use their docarised feeder packge.

I strongly recommend that AirNav / RB24 make available their rbfeeder package for architecture amd64 x86_64.


Jhosua1

Sorry I didn't give you any context last night, but it won't let me reply on the forum. It keeps telling me to use anti-spam and blocking my posts.

Jhosua1

I think there are some words that aren't allowed here, and that's why it's blocking my posts. I'm waiting for help at the moment. I left my station running last night, but with the same issue. To inform you about what abcd567 was saying, I don't use Docker, but rather a Linux installation of rbfeeder. I'll keep you updated. Thanks.

Runway 31

I see a bit of an update as your own aircraft are now showing but the indonesian ones are still showing, a little bit of progress

Alan

abcd567

Quote from: Jhosua1 on August 27, 2025, 12:36:59 PM
To inform you about what abcd567 was saying, I don't use Docker, but rather a Linux installation of rbfeeder. I'll keep you updated. Thanks.

I did NOT mean YOU are using docker. I meant the Java guy is using docker with a spoofed mac address which accidentally is identical to real mac address of your Pi.

The main reason people spoof mac address of Pi is that their dockerised rbfeeder is not rinning on Pi, but on an amd64 / x86_64 Computer with a Linux OS for that architecture, and such computers have mac addresses completely different from RPi. If real mac address of their machine is used, RB24 servers will detect it  is not a Pi and will refuse to issue a key.

Jhosua1

Hello again. It seems the problem I was having is now resolved. The Malaysian planes are no longer visible on my dashboard, and only the ones I receive within my coverage are displayed. Also, when I turn off my station, it appears Offline, which is correct. Thank you very much for your help. At least we've discovered a new issue that could happen to any of us. Best regards.