Station sharing key recovery

Started by matt4054, September 21, 2025, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

matt4054

Hello,

The SD card of one of my stations (RPi) sharing data with AirNav got corrupted and I had to rebuild it from scratch. Unfortunately, I don't have any backup of its associated sharing key. It's easy enough to recover it from other ADS-B flight tracking services like FlightAware, FR24, ADS-B Exchange, Planefinder etc. but AirNav doesn't seem to provide any way to get the sharing keys for the stations already claimed and associated with my account.

I have contacted support through the website contact form last Tuesday, but didn't get any reply so far. I will try again directly to [email protected], but I thought maybe some experts here know about a secret trick to list sharing keys while logged in?

Of course I could just get a new key and claim it, but I'm afraid to end up with a "ghost" offline station for the rest of my account life... is there at least some kind of expiration mechanism in place for inactive stations, or is my fear somewhat justified?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Matt

Runway 31

#1
Have you checked your spam folder.  For an inactive station support will be able to delete it and they should be able to provide your key

Can you confirm when you emailed support you got an auto reply, if not they have not received your email.  Support try and return your contact within 24 hours after receipt

Alan

AirNav Support

We didn't get an email unfortunately, can you resend or PM your station that you need the key for.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

matt4054

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply. I just re-sent my request to support directly via email, and I got the acknowledgement for the ticket this time.