Main Menu

Another Question

Started by dazwilly, April 19, 2009, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dazwilly

Hi Guys, I got questions if anyone can help:

1, I have asked this before and got some advise but i`m still stuck, I Luv Military aircraft and i`m not being about to track them on the map but they show on my log, is there away to get them on my map.

2, I want to add on the database and after reading some post i want to know am i wating my time? i`m adding photos and the CN code.

3, I`m using 3 internet on a dongle when i`m out but i find the radarbox freezes when i`m online any advise.

4, My Home location wont move or auto detect when i`m out.

Sorry for all these question but i`m sure you guys can help

Thanks in advance

Yours
Daz

EGNXR

Hi Daz,

Q1 No 99% of Mil are not ADSB equiped the few that are, are transport types Gulfstreams, Airbus and Boeings.

Q2 Not sure what you mean

Q3 Can't answer I have not been mobile on the net.

Q4 Has two options 1) If you look at first pic below. Enter the airfield ICAO code in the circled box and click locate that will center the map on your location. If you want the radar rings to show go into preferances and uncheck the tick above reset polar diagram and will display as in pic.

2) If you have sat nav you should be able to find the co-ordinates for your location. Enter these in the Home Station Data tab in my Preferances and click apply this will move your home position to your current location. see 2nd pic.

Tip if you use option 2 I keep a record of all the places You have been in the back of your notebook as a quick referance for when your out.

HTH Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

bearcat

Hi

With regard to your mobile internet, I once "played" with a pay as you go mobile internet where the speed was more like a dial up connection, rather than a full speed broadband connection. This may be the cause of your freezing.

Regards

Bearcat

dazwilly

Thanks John and Bearcat.

thanks for the replys

no 2 is i`m adding my own data to the database explorer is this worth doing?

and any ideas on how long before i could track Mil otherwise i`ve wasted my money

Yours
Daz

RodBearden

Daz - I think that the military don't want you tracking them - it's not likely to happen :-(

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

dazwilly

Thanks Dave, i just downloaded that, i`ll have a look.

so there's no other way to get Military aircraft showing apart from my log??

sorry to be a pain

Daz

tarbat

They also appear in your "My Flights".  By looking at the altitude and squawk code you can start to get a clue about where the aircraft is flying.