Main Menu

Radarbox Heaven

Started by Canonjohns40D, May 31, 2009, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Canonjohns40D

Hi all
Yes this is the life sitting in the garden clear blue skys, BBQ, glass of wine and the radarbox fed live to the laptop so still connected to the outdoor aerial. Binoculars in hand to aid identification plenty off traffic overhead what a great way to enjoy this hobby.

Hope you are all enjoying the good weather.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

malc41

Yes, British weather at its best.

Pass me another strawberry
15 Miles East of EGNJ

prbflight

Woke up this morning to 5 cm of snow on the ground.  Lot's of traffic overhead today but couldn't spot a thing if I tried.  So much for my day off.  I didn't even have any beer in the house.   Go figure.

Paul@cyyb

flightchecker

QuoteYes this is the life sitting in the garden clear blue skys, BBQ, glass of wine and the radarbox fed live to the laptop so still connected to the outdoor aerial. Binoculars in hand to aid identification plenty off traffic overhead what a great way to enjoy this hobby.

Hope you are all enjoying the good weather.

Would you mind if we change places for a while John ? Weather here's fine too, but you would have to forget about the rest :-(

Karl

malc41

John

You just can't please everybody ;-)
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Squad 701

Radarbox Heaven at 05.57  :-)


drskeptical

Doing the same here in the North West of England.
My only complaint is that it is too bright to see my lap top screen even under my sun brolly.
Never mind another excuse to go in and cool off,  pass the fridge at the same time for another "Hob Goblin"

Andy

Canonjohns40D

Hi All I'm enjoying it again today and  glad to see others are also. Love the shot of the trails 701. Anyhow lets try and  keep up the "hard work".

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

malc41

Am stuck inside working, glad some of you are having fun.

Having said that watch three NWA or is it Delta now, 2x330 1x777 this morning while having breakfast
15 Miles East of EGNJ

WAL 2T

Was doing some portable VHF work up in the Welsh mountains back end of last week and over the weekend. Superb contrails but no camera and no radarbox. One of these days, when not quite as heavily loaded I will take the RB and laptop with me and see what the coverage is like from 2000-3000ft asl :)
Chris

Under the EGGP 27 Centreline & 15nm from EGCC

malc41

Chris

An opportunity missed.
15 Miles East of EGNJ

WAL 2T

Malc. you're right. We forgot the wine :(
Chris

Under the EGGP 27 Centreline & 15nm from EGCC

cornish rebel

Hi ya lads I'm sat out side with my computer enjoying the sun for change got my scanner with me tuned in to Shannon EINN all I need now is the radar box and cold beer and I will be a very happy man anyway enjoy all
Located in Limerick Ireland about 20 odd miles from Shannon airport EINN

dl1812

One of the few advantages of recuperating from a broken hip is watching the skies while trying hard not to smirk while the Wife mows the grass (I'm not that brave....).
She did cuss a bit though when I asked her to throw another serf on the fire as it was getting a bit nippy sat there on the patio in the shade....

Mark Coles

#14
Quote from: drskeptical on June 01, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
Doing the same here in the North West of England.
My only complaint is that it is too bright to see my lap top screen even under my sun brolly.

Andy

what I do when I'm out and about in the car is take a cardboard box, maybe the one the laptop came in but you might want something a little deeper, stick it on its side and in goes the laptop, works pretty well

hth
Mark

Logos for SBS and Radar Box
http://freespace.virgin.net/m.coles/logospage1.html
daily or weekly updates for your database
www.dbpop.co.uk