Very slow running on laptop

Started by GreekSpy2001, June 05, 2009, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GreekSpy2001

Hi

I have a Lenovo T61p laptop running Xp sp3 and the radarbox 2009 sw is running very slowly.  Screen updates are approx every ten seconds.  Would have expected alot better with this reasonably modern high spec laptop.  It's processor is an Interl Core 2 CPU T7550 @2.2Ghz with 2GB of RAM.  The only thing running of significance is the Symantec Endpoint AV Sw.  I,ve stopped processing photos, not colleecting network data. Still running very slowly.  If I go into File/preferences the screens take for every to change. changed the processing to 2000ms and back to 1000ms with no sinificant difference.

Can someone advice what is going on here?

Also frequently all flights are timed out and the screen is refreshed.  Something is not right here.  Have none of these problems on my desktop PC.


graham

tarbat

Does turning off network flights improve performance?

malc41

Graham

What virus protection, if any have you got running.
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Brian

If you don't have many ADS-B aircraft's on the map. or don't care for the map. 
You can 'Right Click' and Turn off the MAP.  That will speed things up.....

AirNav Support

This does sound like the anti virus is kicking in.

Have a read of

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1764.0

It should be similar.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GreekSpy2001

Thanks for the replies been away on business for a few days.  Can confirm that switching off network flights does not improve performance noticeably.  I am running a corporate version of Symantec Endpoint AV and could not see an option to exclude the RB2009 dir.  Will look again though.

Graham

GreekSpy2001

OK Found the setting but as it is a SEP corporate edition I do not have the access rights to add exceptions.  Am I stuffed or is there anything else I can do?

Graham

malc41

Get some other virus protection if you can?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

GreekSpy2001

It's a company laptop so I can't remove it or change the config as I'm not given Admin rights.  So unless there is a work around looks like my usage when travelling is not going to be possible.

AirNav Development

BTW this incompatibility problem is corrected in V2.10.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GreekSpy2001

Can't wait for V2.10 :-)

Thanks

Graham