Main Menu

Merge Database

Started by Spaice, June 23, 2009, 08:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Spaice

I need youre advice on the best way to merge the databases, I have around 7,000 records in the RB v2 software and now that I have installed RB V3 in a seperate folder I have around 1700 records on V3.  What is the best way to combine the database from version 2 into version 3?


Regards

Stephen

Allocator

Stephen,

There isn't really an easy was of merging the databases.  You can copy the following 2 files from your old installation to the new one if you wish:

NavData.db3 - this is your source database of aircraft information

MyLog.db3 - this is the historic record of the aircraft you have picked up in the past.

Spaice

Thanks Allocator, if I copy the files across from RB V2 this would overwrite the information allready gathered in  RB V, allthough thats not a great deal at themoment and I guess I would soon pick most of them up again anyway.



REgards

Stephen

jgrloit

An set of Export and Import via CSV files would make a lot of sense.
It would also enable users to sort the table during the reload process, and do batch edits on the CSV files - to correct known errors on Shortform of Aircraft type - etc.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Spaice

Perhaps this could go on the wish list for the the next version, this would make it a simple process.