3.0 Beta Patch 1 : Satellite images

Started by tarbat, July 09, 2009, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

tarbat

So, do we all like the new version of satellite maps?   Didn't see that mentioned in the release notes!!!


RodBearden

#1
Ooh yes - a big imporvement in colours and, therefore, detail. Nice surprise.

BTW have you noticed the new right-click options in the MyFlights grid? Dev say they can't implement them for network flights yet :-(

Rod
Rod

tarbat

Yes, there's a few extra suprises in the beta!!  Just a shame that squawk code lookup couldn't get included in the end :(

EMA

The satellite view is a BIG improvement!

tarbat

#4
EMA, glad you like it.

Airnav, see, my ideas are sometimes good ideas!!  Now, about the squawkcode lookup ;)   Sorry, couldn't resist it!

Allocator


AirNav Development

Tarbat: we will die in middle of all these requests!!! :-)
If you knew what we are preparing for V4.0...
A small request: could you post that Satellite image shot to the public forum area?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tallyho

Quote from: RodBearden on July 09, 2009, 06:47:44 PM
BTW have you noticed the new right-click options in the MyFlights grid? Dev say they can't implement them for network flights yet :-(
When I right click and do these lookups the wrong tables are selected by default...
e.g. it just populates the Text to Find Box but you have to manually change the Select Table and Field Combo Boxes to make the query work, can't these be set as well?

RodBearden

Tallyho - they're working fine for me...

Rod
Rod

tarbat

Tallyho, have you added any extra tables to the Navdata database?  If you have, and they're alphabetically BEFORE the standard tables, then you'll see the problem you're describing.

For example, I've added an extra table in NavData to store routes derived from FD6.  I've renamed it to z..... to fix the problem you describe.

tarbat

Quote from: AirNav Development on July 09, 2009, 09:56:12 PMA small request: could you post that Satellite image shot to the public forum area?

Done.

Sorry about going on about squawkcode lookup.  I just think it will be easier to do squawkcode lookup in Radarbox than try to get Andy's Squawkbox addon working!!

Tallyho

Quote from: RodBearden on July 09, 2009, 10:05:22 PM
Tallyho - they're working fine for me...
When I right click on the data table and select a flight entry with the "Locate Mode S Code in Database Explorer...
the Database Explorer window pops up with the following set...
Select Table = actype (wrong should be aircraft)
Text to Find = 4CA56D (correct)
Condition = BY (not sure what BY does I always use IN)
Field = AT (wrong should be MS)

or

when I right click on the data table and select a flight entry with the "Locate Flight ID in Database Explorer...
the Database Explorer window pops up with the following set...
Select Table = airports (wrong should be aircraft)
Text to Find = MON729 (correct)
Condition = BY (not sure what BY does I always use IN)
Field = p4 (wrong should be FN)

am I missing something?

tarbat


Tallyho

Quote from: tarbat on July 09, 2009, 10:11:04 PM
Tallyho, have you added any extra tables to the Navdata database?  If you have, and they're alphabetically BEFORE the standard tables, then you'll see the problem you're describing.

Thanks TARBAT that worked...

I didn't add a table but the sql lite tool I use appeared to have created a table called XP_PROC which I deleted and all now seems well.... however thats a bit of dodgy programming surely it should be done on specific table and field names rather than choosing a position out of an array... come on AIRNAV :o)

Nice feature though, when it works!

tarbat

Quote from: Tallyho on July 09, 2009, 10:33:25 PMhowever thats a bit of dodgy programming surely it should be done on specific table and field names rather than choosing a position out of an array... come on AIRNAV :o)

I guess Airnav didn't factor in the fact that some of us would add extra tables to their database.  I can't see they've done anything wrong really, and I'd hate to see them waste time/effort changing this when there's more important things to do!!