Is it possible that i receive some planes in delay?

Started by Jordan, July 20, 2009, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jordan

sometimes when i go to the airport and im taking the box with me, it seems like with the 75 and 76 i receive them with delay..
even after the plane already passed over me and hes on the ground taxiing, I still see it on the radar as it still descends onto the rwy..
does it happen to anyone else?

DaveReid

Quote from: Jordan on July 20, 2009, 02:22:56 PM
sometimes when i go to the airport and im taking the box with me, it seems like with the 75 and 76 i receive them with delay..
even after the plane already passed over me and hes on the ground taxiing, I still see it on the radar as it still descends onto the rwy..
does it happen to anyone else?

Are you connected to the network at the time ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Jordan

Nope, and it doesnt matter since i dont have any user in my area...

AirNav Development

Totally impossible from ma technical point of view unless you are getting them from the network.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Jordan

its with a laptop outside so it is impossible for it to be connected to the Internet.
what could it be then? maybe theres an option that is ticked by accident that  delayes it by something like 20-30 secs?

AirNav Support

As mentioned there is nothing to delay it whatsoever on flights picked up by your antenna.

You mention in your first post "with the 75 and 76". I assume you mean 757s and 767s.

If that is the case a few older models of these send out data which is offset by a few miles due to INS drift. This can probally explain the confusion that your seeing.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

jango13

Jordan I am on live about 11 hrs a day sharing my network, but if you look on Active Locations I don't exist. I am just south east of Leeds, so there maybe more in your area.

Allocator

Quote from: Jordan on July 20, 2009, 05:11:48 PM
its with a laptop outside so it is impossible for it to be connected to the Internet.
what could it be then? maybe theres an option that is ticked by accident that  delayes it by something like 20-30 secs?

I use a Mobile Broadband 3G USB modem, so I can be connected to the Internet almost anywhere :-)

As for the 'delayed' live traffic, not a chance, I sit and watch the traffic on the RB, then watch the Heathrow inbounds through the binoculars - 100% real time - fantastic!

jgrloit

Jordan - are you using JUST the RB software, or are you using another program to display the output from the Ports?

The Port feeds, even for locally received traffic is delayed on the Beta Version.
For realtime display using the Port feeds you need to be using Version 2.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Jordan

Quote from: jango13 on July 20, 2009, 07:34:54 PM
Jordan I am on live about 11 hrs a day sharing my network, but if you look on Active Locations I don't exist. I am just south east of Leeds, so there maybe more in your area.

Doesnt matter because im 100% not connected to the Internet, trust me...

Quote from: Allocator on July 20, 2009, 07:39:27 PM
Quote from: Jordan on July 20, 2009, 05:11:48 PM
its with a laptop outside so it is impossible for it to be connected to the Internet.
what could it be then? maybe theres an option that is ticked by accident that  delayes it by something like 20-30 secs?

I use a Mobile Broadband 3G USB modem, so I can be connected to the Internet almost anywhere :-)

As for the 'delayed' live traffic, not a chance, I sit and watch the traffic on the RB, then watch the Heathrow inbounds through the binoculars - 100% real time - fantastic!

I didnt say all aircraft are delayed, only the 757's and some 767's, the problem is not the offset which im femiliar with, its the fact that its actually delayed, after the plane passed over my head and touched down, i see it on the box at 400ft descedning.

Quote from: jgrloit on July 20, 2009, 07:45:37 PM
Jordan - are you using JUST the RB software, or are you using another program to display the output from the Ports?

The Port feeds, even for locally received traffic is delayed on the Beta Version.
For realtime display using the Port feeds you need to be using Version 2.

Although Im prety sure it happend before I upgraded to V3 I will chwck that out next time.

AirNav Support

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Jordan

I actually think that all of them, but mostly ELY

AirNav Support

Jordan,

As you can see from the lack of responses from other customers agreeing with you this isn't case however when it comes to following certain security methods ELY has always been very different.

We haven't noticed any delays from ELY in Europe but it would be intresting to see whether maybe they do in other areas.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

Quote from: AirNav Support on July 21, 2009, 08:55:27 PMWe haven't noticed any delays from ELY in Europe but it would be intresting to see whether maybe they do in other areas.

It's hard to believe that El Al would go to the complication and cost of implementing a delay mechanism for ADS-B messages.

If they were concerned about the security of the Extended Squitter, they could simply turn it off.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]