Amazing website - http://casper.frontier.nl/

Started by sandhl, December 05, 2009, 08:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sandhl

This has to be the best ADS-B based website I have ever seen. It is live. Based in Holland/Amsterdam. Even lets you playback flights from the last 5 days in fast speed.

http://casper.frontier.nl/
-----------------------------------------
Also, some others I have found:

For Switzerland: http://radar.zhaw.ch/radar.html

For Scandinavia: http://www.flightradar24.com/

Marpleman

Wow!!

Really like the map detail it gives on all functions, especially satellite - something I've never found too good on Radarbox - there's a hell of a lot of detail on there

wonder what they are using??

Good find sandhl

Regards

Rich

sandhl

Thanks Rich.

I would love Airnav to produce something as elegant as this. If they did I suspect they would want a huge fee for it. Nothing is free with them (unlike this website).

EK01

Switzerland, Scandinavia, Netherlands. It's always the same. Now if a free site featuring live traffic was to appear for the UK, AN could be in bother.

Marpleman

Horses for courses I suppose - I actually prefer the info set up with "ours" but the map detail on the Dutch site is rather splendid - hint hint  ??

Personally, I couldn't be withoutour vertical tracking view, which this lacks

I suspect the aircraft pictures are generic by type and airline, as I cannot see any ref to hex codes anywhere other than the scandi site - looks very sleek though

Marpleman

Quote from: EK01 on December 05, 2009, 09:45:36 PM
Switzerland, Scandinavia, Netherlands. It's always the same. Now if a free site featuring live traffic was to appear for the UK, AN could be in bother.

ha ha!!

Wouldn't it just!

Reckon it could be handy as back up when network expires, as it's going to show most European departures heading the way of the UK, which I always find handy to gauge when I can do other things than this absorbing hobby,such as sleeping,eating,etc etc............rather than staying glued to my laptop screen all day, much to wife and kids dismay!

Rich

hofs

hello
I suppose nobody has seen how much you have to pay for a suscribtion for this radar screen € 2000.- ( pro version ), This free version only works for 1 hour.
As far as i can see nobody wants this because a lot of people on this forum are already complaining  about the subscribtion of radarbox  which is alot cheaper

Fred

Bell 407

Hi All,

Now that is a brilliant 2D interface with a fantastic mapping tool. The ability to spatially reference yourself with aircraft is what ANRB needs to think about in the future.

If this were available in ANRB I would not even bother considering the 3D version.

Really cool.

Deadcalm

Careful - if they think they'll lose sales of the 3D version with comments like that, it's more unlikely to be included in the existing version.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

klm

Quote from: hofs on December 06, 2009, 01:34:07 PM
This free version only works for 1 hour.


Fred

This is not true you can watch all day far as i can tell.
i'm watching hours  anyway