Route database

Started by John Racars, February 19, 2010, 11:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

John Racars

Hi All,

Is it possible to copy (by SQL) my route database from the "old" version 3.13 in to the "new" 4.x 3D version?

I think it is not recommended to copy the old "Navdata" into the new because I see other diffrences.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

tarbat

I simply used my old navdata and mylog databases from the previous version - no problems that I can see.  What "other differences" do you mean?

I guess if you really want to, you could export the route data from navdata using SQLite Maestro, and then import that into the 4.03 navdata database.

Allocator

I've copied my old MyLog.db3 and Navdata.db3 (and logo's, flags, outlines and D008.dat) across to the 3D version without any problems.

John Racars

Quote from: tarbat on February 19, 2010, 11:49:44 AMWhat "other differences" do you mean?

Hi Tarbat,

I see there is a "new" table "anlv_photo_asdi"......
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

DaveReid

Quote from: tarbat on February 19, 2010, 11:49:44 AM
I guess if you really want to, you could export the route data from navdata using SQLite Maestro, and then import that into the 4.03 navdata database.

You could indeed, but there would be no point.

The NavData.db3 database shipped with RadarBox 3D is identical to that shipped with V3.13, so you have nothing to lose by simply copying your existing NavData.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

DaveReid

Quote from: John Racars on February 19, 2010, 11:56:53 AM
I see there is a "new" table "anlv_photo_asdi"......

That table is also in V3.13.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

Quote from: DaveReid on February 19, 2010, 12:08:57 PMYou could indeed, but there would be no point.

Unless, like John, you've made lots of updates to your routes table, and don't want to lose them!!

DaveReid

#7
Quote from: tarbat on February 19, 2010, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: DaveReid on February 19, 2010, 12:08:57 PMYou could indeed, but there would be no point.

Unless, like John, you've made lots of updates to your routes table, and don't want to lose them!!

John has made lots of updates to his V3.13 routes database.

V4.03 doesn't have any routes that weren't also in V3.13

Ergo John can safely copy his V3.13 routes table, in fact the entire NavData database, to his V4.03/3D installation, without losing anything.

QED.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

John Racars

Quote from: DaveReid on February 19, 2010, 12:10:20 PM
That table is also in V3.13.

Not with me and it is gone now in the new 4.x version but the program runs anyway.  How do I get that table "anlv_photo_asdi" back?
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

DaveReid

Quote from: John Racars on February 19, 2010, 12:29:32 PMHow do I get that table "anlv_photo_asdi" back?

I wouldn't worry about it, John.  

I don't know what, if anything, it's used for (AirNav?) and anyway that table only has 159 rows and 3 columns: CO (ICAO airline designator), AT (aircraft ICAO type code) and AR (aircraft registration).

And some of those values are invalid :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour