Thinking of getting radarbox

Started by RobinB, April 18, 2010, 11:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RobinB

Hello

I am thinking of getting radarbox.

I am located just outside Alicante in Spain so on the inland flightpath of airport.

Is there a way to see where receivers are in Spain before I commit to purchase box & software. ?

Also how easy is it to connect to other networks other than the one provided ?


Many thanks

RodBearden

Hi RobinB

There's a live network user map here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/network2.php

I don't do it myself, but from what I rea don this forum it's pretty easy to connect to other networks, such as PlanePlotter - check out the many PnenePlotter threads.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

RobinB

Thanks Rod.

Thats helpful, several in Spain.

None in UK (guess they are all gone outside and switched) off computers for a few days :-)

RodBearden

There are of course hundreds in the UK and northern Europe, but with nothing to report, the AirNav map obviously doesn't record them :-)

Rod
Rod

Jeremy

Not sure the network locations is working. I can't imagine that nobody is watching in the UK. I am for a start and am not spotted.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

RodBearden

Jeremy - I'm pretty sure that the AirNav map is just showing boxes that are sending information, not boxes that are online and set to share data. With no data to share, the boxes that are online just aren't showing up.

Rod
Rod

Jeremy

OK. Hadn't thought about it like that. Logical.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

AirNav Development

"I'm pretty sure that the AirNav map is just showing boxes that are sending information"

This is correct.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Mike_Tassy

So, I dont have a network subscription, and I am sharing data.  My location doesnt show on the map  - TASMANIA, AUSTRALIA.    Does anybody see my data at all ??

Mike

RodBearden

Hi Mike - yes, we are getting data from Tasmania. Can't tell who its from (maybe there are other RB users around??). Many thanks for sharing, anyway!

Rod
Rod

Aerotower


RobinB

I have been looking at different makes/model of receivers.

It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Anyone actually have to do this ?

Thanks

Robin..

Allocator

Quote from: RobinB on April 19, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
I have been looking at different makes/model of receivers.

It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Anyone actually have to do this ?

Thanks

Robin..

Nope, my USB connection on 3 PC's works just fine :-)

This problem is usually down to PC power saving settings or automated Windows updates in the middle of the night.

juangelb

Hi RobinB

I have two Radaboxes running 24 X 7 here in Brazil feeding real time Radar and audio at http://www.maquinasvoadoras.com.br  Select RADAR and choose one.
(needed Internet Explorer)
I never had the problem You are talking about.
I.E never need to reboot something but the windows updates.

Cheers : Juan

AirNav Development

Quote from: RobinB on April 19, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Robin first of all welcome to the forum. We have RadarBox units working H24 on remote locations and managed/working for professional aviation companies airlines and some of them aren't rebooted for periods longer than 1 month.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]