Database Update Requests

Started by Marpleman, May 26, 2010, 09:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Runway 31

Hi Chris,

I was up early this morning to go diving.  I twas a cracking day nice and sunny and clear and had a couple of great dives in Loch Fynne.

My database doesnt support the C130 theory.

It shows :

00B897 as ZS-VKO, Rand Robertson KR-2 c/n 1BR
00B896 as ZS-VKN with no further info
00B893 as ZS-VKK Cosmos Cronos c/n C4409.

A2DD1A isnt in the database either by accident or design.  I dont suppose that it would do any harm to post the misscodes as others may want to put them on their personal database.

Regards

Alan

Chris11

#766
Regarding the C130's - the information you have is based on the allocation of Mode S codes to aircraft registrations - not on actual fact.  We do not have enough codes allocated to South Africa by ICAO to cover all the registrations ie there are not enough codes available to cover the ZA-AAA to ZS-ZZZ and ZU-AAA to ZU-ZZZ. That means there are also none for the military. As there are no surplus codes the allocation to the military becomes a bit random as the SACAA has to use allocated codes. The registration/Mode S code list is an indication but cannot be used as final confirmation. The SACAA does not publish a list of the Mode S codes allocated.

There is no aircraft on the register ZS-VKN and I doubt VKO and VKK have applied for Mode S codes.

The three C130's were seen and matched with the codes - we do just not have tail numbers as they were operating with military call signs.

I can assure you that you can delete VKO, VKN and VKK off the database but you might want us to confirm the tail numbers of the 3 Mode S codes of the C130's. It will be a matter of time. Military aircraft do give us some grey hairs as you have to match a code with a visual sighting which is fairly difficult.

Trust the diving was great.

Runway 31

Hi Chris, the diving was brill.

The Red Wings is already on the database so clicking on it should have autopopulated the data.

Re the Hercs I would appreciate it if you could get the serials to match the hex codes as I dont have the info.  I didnt put the details i posted on the database as i hoped that you would get back to me.

Appreciated

Alan

mikek

Not populating:
89505F callsigns RBA77 and 78

airdata

#769
Quote from: mikek on September 27, 2010, 04:50:42 AM
Not populating:
89505F callsigns RBA77 and 78
Saw this in AKL this morning - V8-BLF  B772  Boeing 777-212ER  c/n 30869/366  Royal Brunei
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

Runway 31

89505F now in database.  I think this would be about its first revenue flight, ex 9V-SVD.

Thanks again

Alan

Runway 31

Chris,

I am picking up 00B0DA ZS-SMJ on the Joburg area, do you ahave any further info on this aircraft.

Alan

Chris11

Quote from: Runway 31 on September 27, 2010, 08:51:48 AM
Chris,

I am picking up 00B0DA ZS-SMJ on the Joburg area, do you ahave any further info on this aircraft.

Alan
Must be a new registration,  SACAA is allocating in the ZS-S?? range at the moment (previously reserved for SAA aircraft). The CAA only updates once a month on about the 3rd or 4th of the month. I will let you know as soon as it comes out, or if I get any other info.

knight01

Not in the database:

Mode s: 4063F0
Reg: G-CGPT

Runway 31


Chris11

ZS-SMJ is more than likely ex 5Y-BXL Boeing 737-33A c/n 23634 / 1423

I would wait for the official register before taking that as 100% correct

Runway 31

Cheers Chris, I will await confirmation.

Alan

andrewarles

Morning Alan,

A/c not populating
064057 / 5N-RSG / ERJ-135BJ Legacy 600 / 14500891 / State of Rivers
4D02FE / LX-GET / Falcon 900EX / 217 / GEDEAM TOURISM S.A.
394DA2 / F-GTNC / SR20 / 1701 / AERO CLUB DU COMTAT VENAISSIN
A4B02D / LJ40 / 45-2096 was N40083 reg'd to OY-RED although 45C8A4 is assigned to OY-RED ?
4B2B49 (Callsign HBQKF)
38125A / F-WWDT Airbus test registration
47061B / HA-CID / SR22 / 3214

A/c name, cn and owner missing
3D08CB / D-EBOT / A210
384D8D / F-BTMN / BEECH 36 / E-43 / JEAN-MARIE SAGET
398A4B / F-HCSL / HAWKER 800XP / 258385 / KING AIRSHARE SA
43E852 / M-TNTJ / LJ55 / 55-087

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

DaveReid

This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Runway 31

Morning Andrew,

Thanks as usual. OY-RED is in the d/b under its allocated hex of 45C8A4 instead of the one for its former identity.

Alan