Slow starting program, db3 too big ?

Started by G0HWC, July 04, 2010, 09:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

G0HWC

Hi all,

my AirNav software seems to take a age to start up these days.
its when it is validating the mylog.db3 file. From my location here I am
under one of the busiest air spaces getting over 1500 craft a day via
my antenna. So I guess my logs could do with a trim, or could I just
delete them ?

Paul
http://g0hwc.com/airnav.html
My AirNav Live HERE:
http://www.g0hwc.com/airnav.html

Want to join the "Aiir Navigation Webring" ?
Infomation HERE
http://www.g0hwc.com/airnav_webring.html

Join me as I drive around UK in my truck with Live images
http://www.truckcam.tv

tarbat

In MyLog, consider using the menu option to "Delete Old Data".  If you accept the defaults, it deletes all flights older than one month ago, but still retains all the aircraft details in the log.

GlynH

#2
I get the same slooow loading issue Paul.

Takes 6 minutes to load a 155MB MyLog.db3 log with 15834 aircraft started in March this year...this on a Dual 3.2GHz Xeon PC

I see @3000 aircraft a day here...

When it does load it is painful to near impossible trying to find my way round MyLog...I have to give up as the response is so slooow...not sure if you see this problem on your system also?

I hate to ask but do you have slow menus and/or the sleepy pointer hanging around when navigating the menus after it has been running for some time?

I might give the Delete Old Data a try Chris...thanks for the tip.

I was always worried that it might delete everything!

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

G0HWC

My log is around 150MB here. and takes around 3 mins to load
I can't find the del old logs bit ??? When running the program runs fine
with no slowing or hanging. my system is Windows 7 32bit, Intel Core 2 6300
@ 1.86GHz and 3GB Ram. uploading the images to the net.
3000 a day, is that all from your antenna ? During the day here at any one time
I have around 150 - 200 showing.

Paul
My AirNav Live HERE:
http://www.g0hwc.com/airnav.html

Want to join the "Aiir Navigation Webring" ?
Infomation HERE
http://www.g0hwc.com/airnav_webring.html

Join me as I drive around UK in my truck with Live images
http://www.truckcam.tv

GlynH

Hi Paul,

It is almost hidden but if you open MyLog go to the Tools menu on the bar and you will find it there...

All from my antenna...I don't use the Network at all.

I currently have 464 in MyFlights...

-=Glyn=-

sherlock holmes

Please help,
I have a log of 5600 flights. I found the delete record button, but is there a way to delete the whole log instead of deleting them one by one?

Thanks

imropes

Quick set box on right-click all time

sherlock holmes

Hi,
I see it but I can still only delete 1 record at a time?

sherlock holmes

I have no problems with start-up. I was just looking to delete the old records before it becomes an issue.

tarbat

sherlock, firstly go into "MyLog".  On the MyLog menu bar, select "Delete Old Data".  It will ask for a date, accept the default and it will then delete all flight records older than a month,

sherlock holmes

Hi tarbat,
When I go to the MyLog menu bar, the only delete option I see is ( Delete record) . There is no (delete old data). Maybe I have an older version?

RodBearden

Sherlock

Your investigative skills need honing ;-)

Look in the top left-corner.

Rod
Rod

sherlock holmes

Hi Rod Bearden,
Not so elementary My Dear Watson! If it were any more obvious, it would have hit me in the face. I finally see it and I thank everybody for their help. Have a Happy 4th of July!

Sherlock Holmes

RodBearden

You're not the first person to need help finding the Tools menu in MyLog!

Happy 4th July yourself!

Rod
Rod

G0HWC

I also could not see it but felt stupid to ask   LOL
all sorted now.

Thanks Rod and all the rest of replies...

Paul  G0HWC
My AirNav Live HERE:
http://www.g0hwc.com/airnav.html

Want to join the "Aiir Navigation Webring" ?
Infomation HERE
http://www.g0hwc.com/airnav_webring.html

Join me as I drive around UK in my truck with Live images
http://www.truckcam.tv