Incorrect positions and altitudes on ground.

Started by andrewarles, October 09, 2010, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andrewarles

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding altitudes on the RadarBox.

- I loose aircraft going in to my local airport LFML at around 400 feet, but they then reappear on the ground.  The approach to the runway is over water so there are no obstacles in the way.  Why is the signal lost for the last 400ft and then reappears on the ground?

- Once on the ground there are two problems.  Firstly the positions are not accurate – sometimes the aircraft are sitting outside the airport, and secondly aircraft are often indicating altitudes at high flight levels, see attached screen shots.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

andrewarles

16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

AirNav Support

Sorry we missed this yesterday. Just as FYI this forum is not a direct support forum. If you need direct support contact us.

- Aircraft Over water:

If there is nothing blocking you what is known to happen on occasions is that the signal bounces of the water and reflects and in certain positions this can cause the signal to corrupt it self when being recieved by the RadarBox.

- Aircraft Wrong positions:

Some aircraft use INS systems rather than GPS which need to be repositioned on the ground otherwise they drift. This can cause wrong positions.

We will investigate the altitude on the ground issue.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

andrewarles

Thanks AirNav for your reply.

Now that I have spotted the altitude problem, I realize that it's not a one off error but it happens most of the time.

How do I know that I require direct support?  Do you consider the problem to be a hardware or software issue?

Thanks

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

andrewarles

Too add to my last post.

- The altitude problem is not related to one airport.  Screen shot of an A340 on the ground at FL78 at LFMI.

- I often have the altitude displayed in a format like 00-25.  What does this mean?

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

AirNav Support

If your getting negative alitutudes your local QNH is not set.

Set the QNH for your local airport in the SmartView Tab, that should help sorting out the alitutudes.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Zillie

The problem of wrong position is indeed noticed with many elder aircraft, still using INS, as indicated by Airnav Support. However, the altitude problem is constantly there after landing. I see many aircraft get on the ground, indicating zero feet and all seems ok untill suddenly the plane is "catapulted" to an altitude of 38000 feet, before it times out after 5 or six seconds.

Harry


Zillie

I am fully aware that this problem has been noted (5 months ago), however it would be nice to know, if and when a solution will be available to make the software work as it should.

Harry

Deadcalm

Careful, Zillie, you'll get yourself banned...
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

Deadcalm if you don't have anything helpfull to say and just here to cause trouble please do not post.

Zillie the new software is under development and once we have news we will pass it to our customers. Rest assured it is being worked on as well the other bugs listed on the bug page.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Southwest

Zillie

You will notice that there are many problems that were reported 'months ago' that Air Nav are looking into.

There are many here who are frustrated by what appears to be a lack of urgency in fixing these problems however, I'm sure the good people at Air Nav will let us know when they are fixed.

tarbat

#12
Anyone can check the status of bugs on the bug tracking system at http://www.airnavsystems.com/bugs/

To be fair, since they started using the bug tracking system, Airnav have logged 19 bugs, of which 10 have been resolved.  Not many software companies are quite so open with their list of bugs.

But I do share people's frustration - it would be nice to have a rought estimate of the timescales that Airnav are working to in resolving these bugs.

Southwest


Southwest

Hold on a minute, just noticed Number 7, Route display incorrect showing as closed!

This is still a major problem so why is the status showing as closed?