Main Menu

Mlat progress

Started by DaveG, December 23, 2010, 12:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DaveG

Hi there,

Just a quick question for support to ask if there is any update on mlat coming to Radarbox as it seem Radarbox is now the only box not currently able to do Mlat'ing?

Cheers
Cornwall, UK

satcom

Quote from: DaveG on December 23, 2010, 12:01:38 AM
Hi there,

Just a quick question for support to ask if there is any update on mlat coming to Radarbox as it seem Radarbox is now the only box not currently able to do Mlat'ing?

Cheers

Thats not quite true  DaveG

None of the present virtual radar boxes can "do Mlat'ing"
They can however give the user access to raw data ,either directly or through an interface/sw , which when fed through "another network" can be used to support multilateration

So I suppose there are two questeions....

When will Radarbox have its own Mlat Network for Radarbox
users?

and/or

When will Radarbox users be given access to raw data in the correct format to allow them to benefit fully from the existing third party Mlat network ?

DaveG

Thanks satcom for breaking that question into the two correct parts.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

Unfortunately the answer is the same as it has always been: keep waiting for news as our team work never stops. As we've told we have 5 brand new projects for 2011.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

Thanks for the vague reply, would have been nice for more info as your reply does not hint if Mlat is even one of those five or for that matter if Mlat will work, when released with my current unit?  So I guess it could be up to another 12 months before we find out!

Thanks.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

I'm sorry Dave, we cannot disclose any details at this time.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

okay no problem, just seems a shame now that "all" your competitors have this feature in place giving minimal details could not harm your solution.   

Take it then as a current long standing RB user if I want Mlat as part of my setup it will now mean dropping Airnav and moving to another solution.

Going to push my luck here and hope you can answer at least one minor question.  Would it be possible to flash the firmware in current RB to allow raw data in correct format for RB to mlat via third party (see post two above

Thanks once again for replies.
Cornwall, UK

RobinB

Quote from: AirNav Development on December 23, 2010, 05:39:13 PM
Unfortunately the answer is the same as it has always been: keep waiting for news as our team work never stops. As we've told we have 5 brand new projects for 2011.

I hope the now well overdue mater of updating the existing software is well in hand and that we all can expect an update on that very soon in the new year.



sandhl

I don't think Mlat will ever happen on Airnav. It's beyond its technical capabilities.

NF2G

I am one tax refund away from buying a competitor's box and selling my RB.  MLAT is one of the two major features that would pull me from the Airnav network in favor of another solution.

The other feature is GPS compatibility, but I think that requires a hardware update as well.

anorak

Hi NF2G, if you do want to sell your RB put it on the forum I`m sure you will have plenty of offers.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Thehall

Quoteif you do want to sell your RB put it on the forum

I tried this a while back and nearly got banned for it - You are not aloud to sell on the forum.

AirNav Support

#12
You won't get banned for trying to sell, the post will just get deleted and you will be explained why.

As the rules state we don't allow selling of any kind on the forum. This applies as well to dealers as well as customers selling boxes and even people trying to promote software.

Also as per the other posts, when we have details we will release them, till then we cannot say a word I am afraid :) We also do have techincal skills sandhl, we were the first to have a network for ADS-B and we have many new projects coming out this year. Have a little a faith in us :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

anorak

Okay so sell it some other place, I`m sure it wont hang around.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Tonka

Quote from: NF2G on January 09, 2011, 09:42:13 AM
The other feature is GPS compatibility, but I think that requires a hardware update as well.

The other product is GPS compatible, just needs a GPS receiver.

Alex