New Navdata.db3 - 20110313

Started by AirNav Development, March 14, 2011, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AirNav Development

A new navdata.db3 installation is now available:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20110313.exe

Changes: New/Updated aircraft table;

One more time this has been the result of an amazing work developed by our database updaters volunteer team.

Notes:
1- This installer copies your existing navdata.db3 file to navdata-backup.db3 so you can keep a copy/backup of your previous file;
2- It then replaces your existing database with the new one;
3- A new updated airport database is included;
4- It is important to note that these periodic navdata.db3 releases do not intend to replace the work we will do on the RadarBox client application which will include an auto-update feature and some other requests made by our users and database updaters team;

Hope you enjoy it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bob SEN

Will this 3RD version work with 3D?..........

cheers

Bob
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

.

AirNav Development

It has been beta tested to work with any RadarBox version.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bob SEN

Quote from: AirNav Development on March 14, 2011, 03:37:32 PM
It has been beta tested to work with any RadarBox version.
Thanks, I will wait awhile then...........
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

.

Marpleman

Dev

Great to see a further release!

Hopefully this further update will herald a regular release of the work from the updating team, as corrections and further additions are worked through?

Hats off to the guys from the team once again

Regards

Rich

RodBearden

The first time I used the updater, I drilled down too far - to the Data folder, and it created a new subfolder of that, called Data, where it put the updated file.

Still, in this version, it does the same thing. The second screen shows me it's going to do that, and says "Click the Back button to review/change settings" but this still doesn't work, so it keeps doing the wrong thing :-(

PLEASE get this working for the next update.

And I still can't choose to not update my Airlines table.

Not a happy Rod
Rod

54901 - Jim

The new navdata.db3 file installed in the correct folder, but nothing displayed onscreen other than the Mode S info from the box. No data displayed when opening the Database Explorer.

Using the back-up navdata.db3 and all is normal again.


Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Runway 31

Jim,

Did you have radarbox off when you installed.  If not, switch off run the installer and switch back on radarbox.

Radarbox needs to be off when installing the update and the installer should advise of this.

Alan

54901 - Jim

I did shut down the program when doing the initial install. After your response, I decided to give it another try. I shut down the program again. This time, I looked in the Task Manager and noticed the ANRB.exe process was still active. Don't know why, but decided to reboot 'cuz it's been awhile. After the reboot, I did not start the ANRB app, but instead repeated the navdata.db3 install. I started the app and all is well with the new database. Must be one of those Windows things???

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Runway 31


bratters

Please can anyone tell me whether this latest version will replace all my hard-earned routes again?

Blincodave

I just can't get this to work and I would prefer to avoid a re-install as Marpleman suggested on another thread based on his experience.

I'm running Win 7 on a nearly new laptop. Radarbox was not connected when I installed. After installing I simply get the same number of frames - just over 80K. The Navdata.db3 file is in my datafolder and is 46758 kb in size.

Help gratefully received!

Dave

Runway 31

Bratters, yes.  As already advised by Airnav until the next version comes on line, the new Navdata over writes everyting.  If you dont want anything over written dont install the update.

Alan

bratters

Thanks Alan. Glad I asked but you've got to admit that this is confusing:

Quote "A new navdata.db3 installation is now available:
Changes: New/Updated aircraft table;" Unquote

Further down there is this: "A new updated airport database is included;"

Writing straightforward unambiguous instructions in plain English seems to be a lost art.



tarbat

Quote from: Blincodave on March 14, 2011, 06:20:03 PMI'm running Win 7 on a nearly new laptop. Radarbox was not connected when I installed. After installing I simply get the same number of frames - just over 80K. The Navdata.db3 file is in my datafolder and is 46758 kb in size.

What folder is Radarbox installed in?