Just Bought a 3D radarbox :)

Started by Pat_UK, May 02, 2011, 11:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pat_UK

hi guys

Just bought a used 3D radar box thats a few months old, waiting for it to be delivered now.

What would be the best subsription to have to start with, I have planes fling over my house all day as we live 2 miles form a small airport, so would be nice to get more info on them.

Thanks in advance

AirNav Support

You already get a delayed subscription included for a year.

So best to wait and see how that works for you, you can then decide whether you want realtime or to continue with the delayed.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Pat_UK

Delayed is a good idea to get my head round it all, although eventually I would prefer live, as it will be a bit pointless seeing the details 10 mins after the plane has gone past and landed ;)


Runway 31

Remember it is only the network flights that are delayed.  The stuff you see in Myflights is live.

Alan

eyeinthesky

Quote from: Pat_UK on May 02, 2011, 11:05:23 PM
hi guys

Just bought a used 3D radar box thats a few months old, waiting for it to be delivered now.

What would be the best subsription to have to start with, I have planes fling over my house all day as we live 2 miles form a small airport, so would be nice to get more info on them.

Thanks in advance


Pat.
Forget about the delayed stuff, buy a good aerial and a good coax system i get a range of 100 miles to 200miles and its live not old data.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

Evanelpus

Get yourself a decent outdoor aerial and get it as high as possible.  That way, MyFlights (ie your flights) will have sufficient coverage to put up with the 5 minute delay.

Even when I run my RadarBox, I always have flightradar24 on as well.

Pat_UK

I've  been looking only at the network flights doh.
The my flights is great , I'm using the standard ariel and was showing a 172 miles away plane, that 180 miles away mon591 g-ozbp

Pat_UK

Who knows what I'll see with a good ariel

Evanelpus

Quote from: Pat_UK on May 04, 2011, 12:41:36 PM
I've  been looking only at the network flights doh.
The my flights is great , I'm using the standard ariel and was showing a 172 miles away plane, that 180 miles away mon591 g-ozbp

That sounds pretty good with the bog standard aerial, where do you live and what is the surrounding area like?  No hills, flats etc?

Pat_UK

Totally flat, nothing but fields for miles

Evanelpus

Sounds idyllic, spot on RB country!

RodBearden

Unless you live on top of a hill :-)

Shame about the bigger hill on one side of me, though :-(

Rod
Rod

anorak

Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.