Reporter emails stop sending after a few days

Started by N9JIG, May 12, 2011, 12:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

N9JIG

I am running ANRB 4.03 on a Win7-64 box 24-7. I set it up to send a daily (0000UTC) report to a Yahoogroup. It works fine for 3 or 4 days and then seems to just stop sending the emails. I check the YahooGroup and the messages are there for the 3 or 4 days and then they stop. I restart the application and it works again for a few days before it stops sending the messages.

The application itself is still running and collecting/displaying data, it just isn't emailing it out. The reporter log seems to erase itself after restarting the program.


AirNav Support

Anyone else experiencing this? Especially if they are using Windows 64bit?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

andrewarles

AirNav,

I've been having this problem for the last month (Win 7 - 32bit).

For me, it seems to have started around the middle of April.  These are the dates that reports were not sent.

10, 15, 18, 20-22, 25-30 April
1-2, 4-5, 9, 11 May
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

AirNav Support

Thats very helpful information, we will check to see whether anything has been going on the servers during that time.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

SpeedWagon

May 6 was my last emailed log, previous to this I would miss one every so often. Location: Victoria BC Canada, UTC -7.

AirNav Development

We are checking this problem. Expect a resolution in 48 hours.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Col

Have you had any luck finding a solution for this? I am also using Win 7 64bit and have issues with the e-mail stopping working.

Col
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire

AirNav Support

The server software has been updated as per another thread on the forum today. We hope this will have an affect in making the reports more reliable. This will be monitored over the next few days.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

N9JIG

I restarted my computer running the RadarBox the other day and it worked again for a couple days (20 and 21 May) then failed to send yesterday (23 May). I will let it run untouched a couple days more and see if it sends today or tomorrow.

Previously it worked after a restart on 15 May thru 18 May and failed 19 May.

Does the Reporter function rely on the RadarBox server or the client machine for mail operations like this?

AirNav Support

RadarBox connects to our server (not via POP3 or SMTP) and passes the reports/alerts data and our server then sends it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

N9JIG

Ah, OK, that explains a lot then!

I appreciate the support guys, thanks!

Runway 31

I send my reports manually as this allows me to check for missing entries.  Occasionally the sending fails and a message comes up on the bottom stating that it may be the fault of my security suite set up.  I usually leave it until the next morning and it then goes ok.

Alan

N9JIG

Well, it seems to be working now, whatever you did on the server seems to have helped.

Thanks!

N9JIG

Spoke too soon...

It looks like it stopped sending my reports after May 30. I sent one at 0037UTC manually on May 31, and no reports were sent out on June 1 or 2. According to the internal log in the Reporter window they were sent out at 0000 UTC each day.


neroon79

Quite the same over here: Auto-Report from June 1st: Sent and received. Auto-Report from June 2nd: nothing received.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3