Main Menu

Outlines

Started by RodBearden, April 06, 2012, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RodBearden

I'll have a look at those soon...
Rod

RodBearden

Meanwhile, a new French outline:

Bergerac Dordogne Périgord, aka Bergerac-Roumanière - LFBE
Rod

fossie1

Hi,
Is there a outline available for Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland?

Thanks

Stephen
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

RodBearden

Hi Stephen

Lough Neagh comes with the high-res outlines of northern Europe done elsewhere.

PM or email me (links on the left) if you want a copy.
Rod

fossie1

Ok will do.

Thanks
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

RodBearden

Jason's requests:

CNM4 (Stratford Municial - now CYSA)

CYCE (Huron Airpark - Centralia/James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome)

CYGD (Goderich)

CNY3 (Collingwood) I've already done this: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6887.msg103682#msg103682

CYVV (Wiarton)
Rod

RodBearden

By the way, Trenton's image in Google Earth has just been updated, but it hasn't transferred to Google Maps yet - it normally takes a few days, so I'll do it when that happens

As to Mountain View, in the GE image dated May 2012 it looks to be abandoned - is it still actually in use these days?
Rod

RodBearden

Back in February, Carras320 asked for a new Alicante outline. The GE image has at last been updated, so here it is - a replacement for our current one:

Alicante-Elche - LEAL
Rod

CYYZGUY

Hi Rod, CFB Mountainview is definitely still in use.  It is the graveyard for old Canadian Forces aircraft.  Some interesting pictures online of it if you google it.  Tons of old F-5 Freedon Fighters, Tutors and T-33's lined up there..

regards,

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Runway 31

From Wiki re Mountainview

The main use of CFB Trenton Mountain View Detachment is the storage and overhaul of older aircraft. This facility belongs to the Aerospace and Telecommunications Engineering Support Squadron (ATESS) based at Trenton. In September 2000, 8 Wing Trenton opened the Canadian Parachute Centre's (now the Canadian Army Advanced Warfare Centre) drop zone at Mountain View. The Mountain View facility is also used by Central Region Gliding School (CRGS) for Royal Canadian Air Cadets glider training.

A new gravel runway was constructed in 2006 to train Canadian Forces CC-130 Hercules aircraft crew in landing on unprepared landing strips. A CC-177 Globemaster III demonstrated similar capabilities in 2009

Alan

RodBearden

Hi Chaps

Yes, I read the Wikipedia page (I always do), but the last news is from 2009. The GE image is from 2012, and there isn't an aircraft in sight, and there are no runway markings. The five Panoramio photos show some interesting planes parked, and a glider, but they were all uploaded in 2009. Every external link on the page is dead, which isn't encouraging.

Airliners.net has just one photo of a Herk doing a parachute drop there earlier this year, but again, the photos of all the aircraft parked there date from 2009 or before.

Still, If Jason reckons it's still an active airfield, I'll do the outline soon - it shouldn't take long ;-)

BTW I see that Pickton Airport, just down the road, doesn't have any runway markings to speak of either - must be  a Prince Edward thing...
Rod

Runway 31

Cheers Rod,

The aircraft that Jason mentions were there to be scrapped and I believe are long gone. 

From what I can see the airfield is now solely for civilian use.

Alan

RodBearden

And here it is:

CFD Mountain View - CPZ3

I did come across an area of apparently dumped aircraft (mainly Canadair Tutors, I think) in the eastern corner of the airfield.
Rod

CYYZGUY

Yeah those are definitely tutors there.  I have a friend who lives out that way and says planes are coming and going all the time.  Not too long ago it was loaded with F-5's, T-33's etc....I guess they move them around...

2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

CYYZGUY

Hey guys check out this link of Mountainview...

Some interesting pics!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dollsanddistopia/sets/72157594485933007/
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver