AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.

Started by MW0CVW, April 15, 2012, 05:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MW0CVW

Hello Everyone,

Does anybody know of any Hardware to Firmware updates for the AIRNAV SYSTEM pending or ready to be released to add functionality to there existing system.

I know the focus has been on AIRNAV SHIPTRAX SYSTEM which has now been released.

The hobby seems to be moving to additional connectivity for example SBS-3.

Kind Regards

Paul

MW0CVW

EGGP/EGNR

Bethsalem

As Airnav promised to sort out the existing bugs with a new firmware/software update after the release of ShipTrax, I'm sure an announcement isn't too far off, MW0CVW.


MW0CVW

Bethsalem,

I hope an official announcement will be released ASAP.

Regards

Paul

MW0CVW

EGGP/EGNR

CoastGuardJon

Quote from: Bethsalem on April 15, 2012, 06:08:59 PM
I'm sure an announcement isn't too far off, MW0CVW.

I'm not going to hold my breath though!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Mike589

Hi, I have recently purchased AirNav RadarBox 9.
It says on the box, "this product is eligible for a FREE upgrade to RadarBox 10".
Is there a link for me to do this upgrade?
Rgds,
Mike589

Runway 31

Mike,

The latest version is available here.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/403/ANRB403Setup.exe

Also dont forget to update to the latest database version here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/dbupdater/ANRBDBUpdater20120127.exe

A completely new software version is in build at this time

Alan

bratters

Quote from: Runway 31 on April 16, 2012, 07:14:06 AM

A completely new software version is in build at this time

Alan

What grounds do you have for saying that Alan?

John

Runway 31

If you go back over previous posts on the subject and the replies received from Airnav, they are completely rewriting the software as opposed to updating the current version. 

I know its not the best but the search facility should assist.

Alan

bratters

Rather think they're bows under with ShipTrax at the moment judging by the ST forum.

Runway 31

Very little on there to suggest that and wouldnt think the mapping issue being worked on by one programmer will have any impact on Airnav development.

Alan

tarbat

#10
Quote from: bratters on April 16, 2012, 10:33:56 AMRather think they're bows under with ShipTrax at the moment judging by the ST forum.

The only issue I'm aware of with ShipTrax is the maps problem, and that's a server side problem caused by a change in the way OSM maps are delivered.  I can't imagine that will impact on RB development significantly. In fact, I would imagine that getting OSM maps working will feed into RB development anyway.

Otherwise ShipTrax has been remarkably bug free.

bratters

I'm a bit more lost than usual here guys.

"Completely re-writing the software" I assumed to be a reference to new software coming for the current box. What is Tarbat's RB2 please or is that simply the name given to this software exercise?

bratters

Bump. Can anyone enlighten me on this RB2 please as per the post above? Thanks in advance.

tarbat

Sorry for the confusion, I shouldn't have used the phrase "RB2" - I'm probably a bit out of touch with current status.  AFAIK, software development is ongoing, but I've had little contact with Airnav over the last few months due to medical issues.