Main Menu

D008.dat update

Started by Runway 31, May 14, 2013, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Runway 31

It was brought to my attention that the D008.dat file we are using in now out of date meaning some flags havent been showing.

Please find attached an updated file which will hopefully see the flags showing as required.  I have been running it all afternoon  and havent found any problems with it but if see any let me know and I will correct.

Just replace your existing one with this one and I would suggest that you close down before hand.  The file is located in your data folder.

Alan

vonsmalhausen

many thanks for this update Alan,
one thing does trouble me : "old" file = 97,5 kb, "new" one is only 28,9 kb ; seems a BIG difference to me,
i'll install the new file, but shure will make a backup of the "good old one" , ..... just in case ;-)

Runway 31


RodBearden

#3
Many thanks, Alan.

The updated file is now in the flags zip available on my downloads page here: www.rodbearden.com/RadarBox/Downloads.htm

BTW - the old D008.dat file is the same size as the new one, give or take the odd few bytes - I wonder what happened to your old one, vonsmalhausen.

Rod
Rod

vonsmalhausen

i've no idee wat happened to that file, but i rechecked the size of the "old" one, and it does say : 97,5kb
used the new file, and all is well :-)

jgrloit

Montenegro line in file is missing the first field,   
reads:-
Montenegro,01010001011000----------

John
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Runway 31

Yes it is corrected on the update I am working on.  It should read MP,Montenegro,01010001011000----------

I wont answer the other thread

Alan

flygfantast

Alan

The following should be added also:

SW,Sweden Mil_102005,010010101000001000101010

Niklas
Antenna: External WiMo GP-1090 (~10m over the ground)
Pre-amplifier: AS-1090 with AS-1090BT
Cable: Ecoflex-10 (10m+1m)
Location: Motala, Sweden, 250km from ESSA & ESGG
Nearest airports: 50km from ESSL & ESCF (military)
My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/flygfantast/

Runway 31

Thanks Niklas, got it in

Alan

EK01

Alan,

Before updating, is the Union Jack what I would call the 'faded' version or the 'distinct' better version ?

Ian

Runway 31

#10
Hi Ian,

I have just about finished the dat file and testing it to make sure all is well and am just starting to look at the flags.  I will make sure that its is the more colourful UK flag that is in the file.  Rod has made me 3 or 4 new flogs for inclusion in the update.

Alan

EK01

Thanks Alan,

I remember having to upgrade to the better flag before. The faded one looks like it's been in the wash too long !

Ian

tarbat

I see the SBS1 community created a new country.dat file on 15 January.  If it helps, I can put this through my normal spreadsheet procedure and generate a new up-to-date D008 file this morning.

Runway 31

Hi Tarbat,

I have a new one on test at this time but many thanks for the offer.  Hope to have it posted later today along with a new flag file.

Alan

tarbat

#14
Okay Alan, I've done the work to create a new one if you want to use it (attached).  Adds 100 new entries, now 774 entries.  Also includes new flags for:
    UK
    Turkmenistan_Mil
    Nigeria_Mil
    Malta_Mil
    Indonesia_Mil
    GE (Guernsey)

So make sure you include all the new entries.  The SBS1 community are very good at keeping this up-to-date, and in the past we've just replicated what they produce to generate a new D008.dat file.  If we're going to diverge from the SBS1 version, then someone will need capture any changes needed and keep this up-to-date going forward.