How does Radarbox24 choose which stations data to present

Started by JimK, December 24, 2013, 04:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JimK

I'm interested to know how Radarbox24 chooses which station data to show.

I'm pretty close to Heathrow and i can see far more flights on my Radarbox screen than on Radarbox24. I'm keen to understand how this works.

Jim

Jim

Twickenham
London

AirNav Support

Hi Jim,

RadarBox24 doesn't know your location but usually uses the latest timestamp from the aircraft message that has been received in your area. That means if there is 4 people covering one aircraft and have very good reception of it can be 1/4 chance that its using your data at that time. On each message that is received it uses the last timestamp.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

JimK

Ahh Ok get it, thank you.

Other part of the question was around why there are less flights on Radarbox24 than on my own Receiver. Is there some filtering going on?

Jim
Jim

Twickenham
London