map save at shutdown

Started by westie v8, January 14, 2014, 11:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

westie v8

Hi all...having set the map to my location, when i shut down then restart up the map isn't saved where i set it....also can't we still not rotate the map....(updated from 3.13 to 5.00.065)

Runway 31

Westie,

It works just the same as previous versions.  Do you close down using the red X or do you use File/Exit, use the latter, that saves all.

Have you set your Home Location in Preferences/Home Location or did you just have the map set to cover your area, if you closed down correctly it should open up where you left it.

Alan

westie v8

thanks for the reply...it doesn't matter which way i shut down.....when i was using 3.13 i used the red x, then it started where i left off....

RodBearden

On this subject, could we please get rid of the "Save changes to...map?" dialogue whenever we switch between full-screen and normal views, and when closing the program? It slows things down a lot.
Rod

westie v8

yes i get....the " do you want to save changes" every time i shut down

Runway 31

#5
Cant say I have seen that dialogue and the map always opens up where I left it.  So much so that if I have been looking elsewhere on the network I make sure that I go to home location before closing down.

Rod for my info, how do you get full screen view?  Forget it just put it into full screen and back and no dialogue came up

Alan

RodBearden

#6
It happens every time when I switch to and when I switch from map full screen view - and I use that a lot, as well as when closing down. It's done this ever since the first Beta.
Rod

RodBearden

Rod

Runway 31

#8
Thanks Rod, 

I see that you have saved your screen to Benelux.ml4 at some stage, may have something to do with it.  If you change to the default screen what happens.

Alan

Runway 31

#9
Westie, does it open up at a random location or the same place each time and what map does it state in the dialogue box.

Alan

RodBearden

Just changed to World - makes no difference - still get the Dialogue box each way
Rod

RodBearden

Ah - just changed to Default and the message has gone away - so that message might be a feature, not a bug!
Rod

Runway 31

Rod, Sorry, I changed world to default in my previous post can you advise?  Noted your last post, I presume that it is a prompt to save changes to your preferred map if you move away from the default.

Alan

westie v8

it opens up to the east coast, but if i press home it corrects itself......cheers rod

Runway 31

Westie, what map does it state in the dialogue box? and does changing to the default map have any effect?

Alan