Main Menu

Auto populate?

Started by Markus48, June 30, 2015, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Markus48

 Seems the last 4-5 days the auto populate feature is no longer
working on my AirNav system.
Is server down somewhere? Have made no changes.

Runway 31

#1
I will find out.  The database update facility is working OK.

Alan

neroon79

Hi Alan,

I've to tell, that the manual populate function isn't working either. Non of the posted airframes as populated. That includes the airframes that I've posted yesterday.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

I have advised Airnav and am waiting on a reply

Alan

neroon79

Maybe the server wants a re-boot...

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

The server is fine so I think it must be the software link, they had an issue with the server on Friday night so presumably this problem stems from that.

Alan

neroon79

The populate funtion is still not working as it should. Any new information?

Thanks Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

Nope, got a reply overnight that I have replied to so maybe get a reply tonight.

Alan

shouriken

Any news about this issue?
Still not working :(
Liviu
A.net JetPhotos.Net
RadarBox
2xRTL USB + Franklin+Collinear antenna + PlanePlotter

Runway 31

The server software is being completely re-written so I wouldn't expect any change until it is finished

Alan

shouriken

Should I understand that they are running "work in progress" software on a production server???
Liviu
A.net JetPhotos.Net
RadarBox
2xRTL USB + Franklin+Collinear antenna + PlanePlotter

neroon79

I'll hope that it won't take too long. Meanwhile there might be several re-postings of  unknown (MIL) airframes, as I run a db download on each saturday  early morning.

Regards Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

Liviu,

I wouldn't think so.  I am no computer geek but I would imagine that the code will be written on another computer and when it is ready to go online the server would go off line and come back up running on the new software. 

I don't have first hand knowledge but as far as I am aware it will take a couple of weeks.

Ingo,

I wouldn't worry about that.

Alan

neroon79

Alan that's one risky way to do a transition from one sw release to another...

The more safe way is to set up a new server hardware (or back-up server hardware) with new SW version, after it is running with no errors in test mode, take "old" server offline and take "new" server online. Old server remains running as a fall back for some time. If it works with new SW on new server, the older server could be switched off after a couple of days and new SW can be installled on "old" server hardware. This server is then used as back-up server until next SW update.

That's the procedure that I am using for the measurment severs in my work life...

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

Ingo,

As I said I don't have a clue they could be doing anything but I think what you have said is what I meant but I know nothing about that side of computers.  I just know that they will not be working on the code on the live server, that's really asking for bother, even I with my limited knowledge knows that.

Alan