Deleting browser history in Win 10

Started by lenow, December 28, 2015, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lenow

Deleting my Browser history in Win 10 caused ANRB.exe to stop working.
Anyone else had this? And found a solution?

CoastGuardJon

Hi Lenow, I don't know if this would have a different effect, but I've got my PC set to delete browser history as soon as the browser is closed, and this has never affected RB program at all - are you sure you've only deleted browser history and not anything in the Registry, which could affect RB?  HTH Jon
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tommyg

Lenow. I don't know if there has been a windows update that has affected ANRB, but I have lost my Desktop autostart on my WIN10 laptop and now have to access ANRB via the App frame and start manually now.
Tommyg

CoastGuardJon

Earlier on today, there was at least two other replies to this topic, where did they go?   One was someone who's not been able to get their RB up and running with Win 10 - is there some censoring going on?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

Jon

There was a server problem earlier - for a while, the forum reverted to November 20th 2015, so some posts must have got lost during the recovery process. I don't think there's any conspiracy afoot ;-)

Hppy New Year!
Rod

Runway 31

No conspiracy Jon, as Rod states I can confirm that we had issues on the server yesterday due to a hack attempt which unfortunately saw a few posts lost.  Before I became fully aware of the issue I had made some amendments to the database which were lost but fortunately I had kept a note of them and was able to reapply the changes after the repair work was complete.

Alan

lambertw

It would be interesting to know how many ANRB boxes are not working after they upgraded to Win 10,mine has been dead since the upgrade only green light on and a few flashes of blue from the usb when I plug it in I have tried everything.

Runway 31

So far it would appear to be only yours, no other reports on here that I am aware of.  I note that you state when you plug it in, have you tried keeping it plugged in when you go through the W8.1 advice on the sticky?

Alan

tommyg

#8
Folks. Mine has now stopped working on WIN10. Gets as far as Optimsing Data then stops. I then try and close programme and get error message ANRB.exe not responding.

Happy New Year (Not!) :(

P.S. Have now got it working by right clicking on the App and running as administrator. Still have to start manually as autostart function has disappeared.
Tommyg

Runway 31

What has changed on your computer since yesterday Tommy if it was working OK until then?

Alan

tommyg

Alan. Just updated as above. Haven't used this computer since 27th as weather bad and i've been at work. I did have a windows update happen just before Christmas and have had problem since.
Tommyg

Runway 31

I thought that there may have been an update issue Tommy.

Alan

lambertw


Runway 31

#13
I have no idea why it appears that only yours is affected in this way.

Can you confirm that you have a clean install of the software or an upgrade and that you installed outwith program files.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

Thanks Rod and Alan, my PC on Win 10 sometimes freezes, and I get the BSOD with the circling worm, telling me to wait whilst information is gathered, I've found this occurs every time that Win 10 updates come out - I've tried unsuccessfully to turn off updates - can't access Win Settings either - it's a right royal PITA!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!