XRANGE stopped working

Started by dor4x, October 25, 2025, 06:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

abcd567

#30
I do not use XRange, instead I use Radarbox24's FlightStick for reasons listed below.

(1) FlightStick (US$ 50) is much cheaper than XRange (US $400)
(2) FlightStick can be plugged directly into usb port of Windows 8/10/11 PC and run by AirNav software ANRB version 6.003 installed on Windows PC
(3) As my Windows PC does not run 24/7, I have purchased a Raspberry Pi (Model 4B 4GB RAM, complete kit, for US$105), which I run 24/7, and have installed on it Radarbox24 provided software "rbfeeder". The FlightStick directly plugs into usb port of Raspberry Pi.

The total of FlightStick + Raspberry Pi Model 4B 4GB Complete KIt:
US$50 + US$105 = US$155

The (FlightStick+Raspberry Pi Model 4B) setup noted above costs a total of US$155, which is much cheaper than XRange-2, which costs US$400.


FlightStick:
https://www.airnavradar.com/store

Raspberry Pi 4 B, with 4GB Memory (RAM), Complete kit.
https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-starter-kit?variant=20336446079038




jwyman

Quote from: dor4x on November 09, 2025, 06:20:43 AM
Quote from: jwyman on November 07, 2025, 05:43:08 PM
support says they can't see my unit online but i can reach it using my local IP...

Did you try to keep it running and connected in the past few days?

No i have not...I will re-connectup to my network to see if they can get to it...

dor4x

No i have not...I will re-connectup to my network to see if they can get to it...
[/quote]

My uneducated guess, it might not be a problem with your unit itself.
Please send an update over your side. Thanks

jwyman

Quote from: dor4x on November 09, 2025, 06:06:43 PM
No i have not...I will re-connectup to my network to see if they can get to it...

My uneducated guess, it might not be a problem with your unit itself.
Please send an update over your side. Thanks
[/quote]

"Please send an update over your side. Thanks"

what does that mean?

dor4x

I just wonder if you box came to life too

jwyman

No.....no activity but network lights flashing