RB on a Netbook - Preferences Box too big to apply chanhes!!

Started by Tramline, March 20, 2009, 10:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tramline

Thanks to the forum members I was able to load my RB onto my Advent Netbook and even more amazingly, it actually works!!

However, the screen is obviously much smaller than my normal laptop and try as I might the Preference Box is too big for the screen and I cannot hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the Preference screen.  Can anyone tell me how this Preference page can be reduced in size or tell me how I can reach the bottom of the page?  My Netbook runs on XP so could someone instruct me exactly how I can do this in Technophobe speak!

Many thanks,

Paul
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Allocator

Normally there is a screen opton that allows you to see just the Netbook screen - usually a "letterbox" view, a scrolling view of the whole 4 x 3 screen where the bit of screen you can't see moves up/down as you move the mouse - or a compressed (distorted) view of the normal screen on your letterbox view.

My Asus eeePC has an icon next to the clock at the bottom right of the screen with the options being accessed by right clicking.  Nor sure how yo access these options if they are available on your Netbook.

AirNav Support

Try changing your fonts to small fonts in your display settings.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

Hmmm....been into Control Panel and clicked on Display, found the Font Size button but options are 'normal', large or X large.  No small font option!! How can that be?

No obvious letterbox option either Allocator......this is so frustrating, as it stands I cannot use my RB on it!
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

AirNav Support

In the Font size options, is there a custom option, if there is you can reduce the size of the fonts.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

Hi AirNav, in Control Panel there is not a custom button, but there is an advanced which shows all the active/non active screens, title bars and options to reduce fonts to 6 but having played with it I still cannot get the Preference text to reduce and so it remains hopeless.  There must be a way, i cant be the only one who uses XP on a notebook and has this problem?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Allocator

Tramline,

Right click on the Windows desktop, select Properties > Settings

What Screen Resolution is the desktop set at?

What other options are available using the screen resolution slider?

Also, is there a link to your graphics card via Properties > Settings > Advanced?

Reducing the text/font size is not going to work if the screen is too small to show the Preferences window.

tarbat

You need to look for a tick box in your computers Display Properties / Settings / Advanced / Monitor preferences called "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display", and untick it.

You'll then be able to select a monitor resolution of 1024x768, and the screen will scroll down within the physical display when the mouse reaches the bottom of the screen.

Tramline

Thanks Tarbat, I think i'm just about there now.  I unclicked that Monitor hide thingy and I can now scroll to the bottom of the preferences page.  Is it normal that now the standard AirNav page needs to be scrolled to reach the top and bottom of the page as well? Its difficult not knowing what to expect to see displayed when you have not done this sort of computer stuff before.

Thanks to AirNav, Allocator and Tarbat for their help and patience.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

tarbat

Yes, that's one unfortunate side effect.  What I do is use 1024x768 to set preferences, etc., and save them by exiting RB.  Then change the resolution back to the native resolution, and run RB in that resolution all the time.

kdt1

Support can you fix this font issue in the next Release?

Thanks

AirNav Support

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

Quote from: kdt1 on March 20, 2009, 02:27:02 PM
Support can you fix this font issue in the next Release?

Thanks


Surely it's not a FONT issue, it's a fixed window size issue?

kdt1

Quote from: Allocator on March 20, 2009, 02:36:51 PM
Quote from: kdt1 on March 20, 2009, 02:27:02 PM
Support can you fix this font issue in the next Release?

Thanks


Surely it's not a FONT issue, it's a fixed window size issue?

I dont care what it is Just fix it.


Thanks Support

Tramline

Hi just a quick update.  Thanks to everyones help on this thread I'm now up and running, so thanks very much.

Just one thing AirNav support, would it be possible to adjust the size of the alert pop-up screen to prevent losing so much screen?

Just a thought...
Located 2 miles South of LHR.