Main Menu

Airnav & Vista

Started by Bigyun2000, September 03, 2009, 12:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AirNav Support

Can you run internet explorer (no addons) -

Start menu -> then under acceserioes and then system tools you should fine internet explorer (no addons). Run that instead of the i.e 8 your running and tell us if you have issues with RadarBox.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bigyun2000

Just done that. Still same problem.

Faulting application ANRB.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x2a425e19, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03821, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000afaf8, process id 0x2728, application start time 0x01ca4aa93b597f90.

tarbat


Fenris

Quote from: tarbat on October 11, 2009, 08:05:39 PM
Some help on ntdll.dll failures at http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htm

Reading that, my money would be on a device driver. It's the same ntdll.dll version that I have, 1,204,224 bytes, 10th April 2009 23:27 on the details tab of the properties dialog box.

I have tried opening IE8 with add-ons and RB just carries on going.

Bigyun2000

OK folks.  I think at last I have it.
My HP laptop has some HP Security system monitoring.  It seems to monitor the Bios and can also scramble the HD.

I uninstalled it and so far so good.  Airnav running 100% for the past 6 hours.
THANKS
for everyone's help and information.
Tony

Sean4444

Hi all. I have been running ANRB on Vista 32bit for over 12 months with no problems. However I have another laptop with Vista 64bit on. I can load the software ok, but I cannot get the device driver to load. I get error 30. Anybody got any ideas? thanks in advance.

AirNav Support

Vista 64bit drivers will be out soon Sean4444.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

Quote from: Sean4444 on October 13, 2009, 09:41:14 AM
Hi all. I have been running ANRB on Vista 32bit for over 12 months with no problems. However I have another laptop with Vista 64bit on. I can load the software ok, but I cannot get the device driver to load. I get error 30. Anybody got any ideas? thanks in advance.

It's not a signed driver, so you need to tell it not to require drivers to be signed.

In the slightly longer term Airnav are waiting for Microsoft to send them signed drivers for 64 bit Windows, however it's not a quick process. You can use something to turn off driver signing like EasyBCD.

Sean4444

Thanks.... I am pleased with the quick & solid info. Once again many thanks.

Bigyun2000

Hi all.
OK folks i have found the culprit for all the problems with Airnav shutting down.
I thought it was the HP Security software but it is a program i use for cleaning the computer.  PC Tools Desktop Maestro.

It scans and cleans the registry and also gets rid of the dead wood surfing collects.  So i would appear that it must do something to the registry of ANRB.  I noticed as soon as i run it then run ANRB as soon as i select IE8 then ANRB stops working.

I uninstalled Desktop Maestro and re-installed ANRB and ANRB running perfectly.

So question Please AirNav Support?

Is there any registry cleaner and internet cleaner that will work with ANRB please?

Thanks
Tony

AirNav Support

We don't know, we are not sure why its touching RBs registry details in the first place. How does it determine its not needed.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bigyun2000

Not sure.
I run the clean registry once run if i try to open IE then ANRB stops responding.  I have another program so will try that.
Thanks
Tony

Fenris

Quote from: Bigyun2000 on October 15, 2009, 10:45:00 AM
Not sure.
I run the clean registry once run if i try to open IE then ANRB stops responding.  I have another program so will try that.

Presumably you could export the ANRB registry section, then run the cleaner and export again and compare the results.

If it doesn't touch the ANRB registry then it must do something to the IE8 settings, I'll bet those are well documented....<cough>....

Allocator

I use the free CCleaner with XP on my PC's - run manually every now and then and it does't affect the RB installation.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

abrad41

I have used IE8 before and what a load of rubbish, I went back to using IE7.

I also use Ashampoo WinOptimizer 6 for my cleaning and this has not affected the RB installation, this is at a very small cost, think it is about £12.

Andy