AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released

Started by AirNav Development, November 05, 2009, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

YXUphoto

Quote from: AirNav Support on November 17, 2009, 10:24:30 PM
Find the Navdata file you copied across and right click on it and check that its not read only. If for some reason when you made a backup copy its become read only that would explain why records are not being saved to it.

I checked all the permissions, and WRITE permission was enabled.

Closed the Editor, waited about 10 mins before closing RB.  Restarted RB and all new data is gone.

Checked the date on NavData.db3 file and it is back to Oct. 10 2009 date.  (Just before I closed it, it was saying current date of Nov. 17 2009).

MyLog.db3 is still fine at Nov 17 2009 date.

Allocator

A Vista virtual store problem maybe?

Just been making changes to NavData.db3 and the date for this and MyLog is 17 Nov 2009

YXUphoto

So....I'm starting to narrow down the symptoms of this issue.

It appears that the NavData.db3.BAK is getting loaded, not the actual NavData.db3

When I exit RB the saved NavData.db3 has new date (17-11-2009).  When I open RB the date goes back to the same one as NavData.db3.BAK (20-10-2009).

YXUphoto

Quote from: Allocator on November 17, 2009, 11:03:49 PM
A Vista virtual store problem maybe?

Just been making changes to NavData.db3 and the date for this and MyLog is 17 Nov 2009

My RadarBox 2009 isn't installed in C:\Program Files.
I put it on separate drive and different folder D:\Radar Box 2009

I was under the impression only Software installed in C:\Program Files has to deal with the Vista Virtual Store.

Fenris

Yes, you have indeed installed it in the place you should.

No clear idea on why you are suffering this way.

If I think of anything I will comment further. You might look for software that can monitor the files a program has open, the mode they're opened in etc. I could give you a clue....

Aerotower

#185
  repeated flights in the report

 3410C7  IBE3105  LEMD-LPPT       EC-FDB  A320  Oneworld (Iberia)    2009/11/17 21:08:32 
   3410C7  IBE3105  LEMD-LPPT       EC-FDB  A320  Oneworld (Iberia)    2009/11/17 21:32:24 
   3410C7  IBE3106  LEMD-LPPT       EC-FDB  A320  Oneworld (Iberia)    2009/11/17 19:30:03 
   3410C7  IBE3106  LEMD-LPPT       EC-FDB  A320  Oneworld (Iberia)    2009/11/17 21:30:24

Fenris

That happens if the flight timed out and then reappeared after the remove time.

YXUphoto

Quote from: Fenris on November 17, 2009, 11:36:15 PM
Yes, you have indeed installed it in the place you should.

No clear idea on why you are suffering this way.

If I think of anything I will comment further. You might look for software that can monitor the files a program has open, the mode they're opened in etc. I could give you a clue....


Maybe you could recommend software that would help me track this information.

Fenris

#188
I don't know any off the top of my head, not sure if you can still get the SysInternals tools any more, they were bought up by Microsoft.

Correction, you could look here and see if Process Monitor will do this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896642.aspx

or maybe Diskmon.

I'd try the former, it's been updated recently and appears to be able to show file activity.



YXUphoto

I downloaded the utility.....I got it working and now I'm monitoring ANRB.EXE.

Out of curiosity...what are the MyLog.db3-journal and NavData.db3-journal files that open up during RB operation?

So far everything looks OK...but then again not sure what I'm looking for.

All the files I'm concerned about are opening up just fine.

msteen

I'm trying to download the beta, but only comes up with this page:

The file or page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

    *

      Make sure you entered the correct address
    *

      Open our home page www.airnavsystems.com and try to look for links to the information you want
    *

      Click the Back button on your browser and try another link
    *

      If the problem persists please contact us

Can anyone come up with a solution for this ? Has the beta been removed for some reason ?

radarspotter10

Quote from: msteen on November 18, 2009, 08:29:56 AM
I'm trying to download the beta, but only comes up with this page:

The file or page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

    *

      Make sure you entered the correct address
    *

      Open our home page www.airnavsystems.com and try to look for links to the information you want
    *

      Click the Back button on your browser and try another link
    *

      If the problem persists please contact us

Can anyone come up with a solution for this ? Has the beta been removed for some reason ?
i have ask this to, got no answer, still waiting airnav
from pat

AirNav Support

We are aware of this. We should be releasing a newer version soon so just holding back at the moment with this one.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

radarspotter10

#193
Quote from: AirNav Support on November 18, 2009, 12:03:52 PM
We are aware of this. We should be releasing a newer version soon so just holding back at the moment with this one.
thanks airnav.
thursday????? i like surprizes
from pat

YXUphoto

As mentioned before, I'm trying to solve my own unique problem with RB.  Anyone know what the flies MyLog.db3-journal and NavData.db3-journal are used for while RB is running? (they seem to disappear once the program is closed).