AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.11 Beta - Released

Started by AirNav Development, November 23, 2009, 01:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Colin

Polar plot is improved, except its obliterating detail in the middle area.
I'm not having the old blind spots, but am having all the map detail get clobbered.
See the picture. Its drawing lines all the way to the centre of the plot, and since the lines are right beside one another, it wipes out the center area of the map.

Roadrunner

Quote from: Fenris on November 25, 2009, 10:05:17 AM
Quote from: lambertw on November 24, 2009, 10:12:29 PM
Screen shot of shutdown message.

That's the same thing I'm seeing, although I had not expanded the details.

Airnav: there is no anrb.elf file to send you, however what I did notice on starting RB this morning is that the vastly expanded polar diagram from yesterday is not saved so maybe the crash has something to do with that.

I'm going to reset it and see what happens.


Roadrunner

Fenris,

Because I get the error message every time I shut down ANRB it does not save any changes I have made during that session - this would also apply to the Polar view I would suggest.

Mike

Fenris

Yes, that's inevitable until the plot fills up and no longer consists of a large number of radial lines. Best to turn it off and only look at it occasionally until this happens.

More aircraft! That's the solution....

Fenris

#79
Quote from: Roadrunner on November 25, 2009, 12:27:55 PM
Fenris,

Because I get the error message every time I shut down ANRB it does not save any changes I have made during that session - this would also apply to the Polar view I would suggest.

Right, which is a pretty annoying bug. It may have been this way for some time, I only noticed because I was out yesterday and had a vastly expanded range from the location I was at, then when I looked this morning the polar plot had not expanded.

At least this should point Airnav in the right direction to correct it.

Also noticed that the polar diagram is not properly refreshed as it builds up, I find that a change of map scale clears out the incorrect display, it seems the points at the edge of the pattern are known but the old ones nearer the centre of the pattern on the same bearing remain when they should be removed.



tarbat

Quote from: Colin on November 25, 2009, 12:21:44 PMPolar plot is improved, except its obliterating detail in the middle area.

Just move the map a fraction and you'll be able to see the detail again.  Or click on the home button.  In fact anything that forces the map to redraw will remove all the lines and just leave the outline.

It's a small feature/bug I reported a while ago during beta testing.

AirNav Development

Rgd users reporting a crash when the application closes we need to confirm which application feature were being used at the time of the app close:

1- Network flights;
2- FTP Upload;
3- Share data on 30003 port (with connected clients);
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

vonsmalhausen

Quote from: AirNav Development on November 25, 2009, 02:36:51 PM
Rgd users reporting a crash when the application closes we need to confirm which application feature were being used at the time of the app close:

1- Network flights;
2- FTP Upload;
3- Share data on 30003 port (with connected clients);

i have network running at shutdown.
i have done a little test myself by closing RB with network disconected, and the first time the program did close properly, so i thought ; BINGO , .... but i repeated this a couple of times, and everytime ( network connected or disconected ) i got the error message again.

as for points 2 and 3 ; i'm using non of them.

AirNav Development

Fenris/Thomas: we've just sent you an email.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

Quote from: AirNav Development on November 25, 2009, 02:36:51 PM
Rgd users reporting a crash when the application closes we need to confirm which application feature were being used at the time of the app close:

1- Network flights;
2- FTP Upload;
3- Share data on 30003 port (with connected clients);

The crash I saw yesterday morning happened when I did not have network flights enabled, I was not uploading to an ftp site and I did not have any port 30003 clients connected.

scouserman

okay guys im a complete numpty when it comes to computers. could someone give me a bit more information about how to download the file and copy it to the correct folder and get it working ? thanks

Fenris

Where do you have RB installed? Are you using Vista, and if you are did you install outside the Program Files directory tree?

Once you have that information, and assuming you are *not* installed in Program Files on Vista, find the RB directory and then copy the anrb.exe in it and save it as anrb.exe.old or similar.

Then, download the 3.11 anrb.exe from the first post in this thread and save it with that name in the same folder, when asked to overwrite the existing file select yes.

Restart RB and look for 3.11 beta on the splash screen before the window opens.

ACW367

I have a seperate issue with 3.11with mylog.  When I close it using the file/exit button, the beta closes normally.  When I reopen normally it it has not retained any new info in mylogs and it starts again for the first recorded log of the day.  All mylog aircraft recorded from before I changed to the new beta are retained in mylog. Just new flights recorded today are not saved to it on closing. 

Vista 32-bit with network flights enabled.

Mike_Tassy

How do I get the plots to remain on the map for more than a few minutes.  I would like to see permanent plots from source to destination.  I have set the "time to remove trail lines " to 9999 but it only leaves about 10 mins
Mike

RodBearden

There's no way of doing more than you've done, Mike.

AirNav say that the processing power to remember all the plot points of all the flights would be too much of an overhead for RB, so they've set the limit at that. I always notice that when things are quiet, I get much longer trails than that anyway.

Rod
Rod