Database Update Requests

Started by Marpleman, May 26, 2010, 09:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

BOM1

Alan,

OK, I see your point.  I've done as you suggested.

Thanks

Steve

andrewarles

Hi,

0A401D / 7T-WHA / C130H / 4997 / Algerian AF needs to be added.

The tie up was from GAS.  I thought that if an aircraft was not found in the main AirNav db, it automatically searched the GAS db, but obviously not?

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Runway 31

Andrew,

7T-WAH added.  No the database doesnt search GAS if it doesnt have it.

Alan

Runway 31

Sorry Terry, I remember doing it as the company name ends in AB instead of Ltd.  Must have forgotten to press the commit change button.  Done it again and pressed the button this time.

Alan

typist

"ms" – 888036
"co" – Jetstar Pacific Airlines (ICAO: PIC, IATA BL).

this isn't very helpful for an update request...I am really new to this, so I have few clues where to find missing data such a registrations. I tried airframes.org - nothing there yet. Any other places I could search? None of Jetstar Pacifics planes seem to be in the database, the airline itself is also missing.

Runway 31

Hi Typist,

888036 VN-A192 Boeing 737-4Q8 now in database.

You can forward hexcodes into this thread or send them to me by PM and I will input them into the database

EK01

Quote from: typist on August 28, 2010, 11:24:42 AM
"ms" – 888036
"co" – Jetstar Pacific Airlines (ICAO: PIC, IATA BL).

this isn't very helpful for an update request...I am really new to this, so I have few clues where to find missing data such a registrations. I tried airframes.org - nothing there yet. Any other places I could search? None of Jetstar Pacifics planes seem to be in the database, the airline itself is also missing.

Typist,

Give Libhomeradar a go. In many repects it is better than airframes as it supplies more information.

typist

#442
Quote from: Runway 31 on August 28, 2010, 12:28:22 PM
888036 VN-A192 Boeing 737-4Q8 now in database.

indeed it is :) (attached). thanks! I will send you a batch of hex codes in a few days, next time I look through the log.

Quote from: EK01 on August 28, 2010, 01:56:27 PMGive Libhomeradar a go.

so far, the libhomeradar aircraft database identifies fewer of my local flights than the airnav database, but I agree, it has some interesting functions.

Runway 31

Send me the unidentified codes and we will soon have your local flights up to sctratch.

Alan

EK01

Typist,
Another for you. Try www.airfleets.net. Enter Jetstar Pacific in the search box and then click on Jetstar Pacific and all the information you require will come up including aircraft types currently in use including registrations. You can even click on pictures of the aircraft concerned via airliners.net.
Hope this helps.

Ian

Runway 31

Everyone, 

Dont keep these unknowns to yourself wondering what they are, send them in and we will try and find out and get them added to the database for everyone to benefit.  Its nice if you know the full aircraft details but even the hex code is usually sufficient for us to get the details onto the database.

Alan

typist

Quote from: EK01 on August 28, 2010, 07:56:55 PM
Typist,
Another for you. Try www.airfleets.net.

Ian, thank you, very useful! next time I'm near the airport I'll try to match the registrations and hex codes for those few regular scheduled airfcraft that are still missing from my vn database :)

EK01

Typist,

Glad to be of help. Did you also notice that if you click on a particular aircraft, it will show you the complete history of that aircraft upto its present owner.

Ian

besty

#448
Just found MS 44033D showing as an unknown on my screen, from earlier today A4EF29  N417LP showing in my reporter as unknown.

Stuart

Runway 31

44033D = OE-FFB Cessna 510 Citation Mustang
A4EF29 = N417LP Piper PA28-236 Dakota

Both now in database.

Alan