Main Menu

OSM Layer

Started by Peter, March 02, 2012, 03:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Peter

Satellite layer was back when checking @ 2130gmt on 30th March. OSM layer still broken.

Peter

tarbat

#16
Confirmed.  OSM still broken.  Checked wireshark, and the calls to the Airnav server look okay, so there's something on the server that isn't working correctly when doing the lookup on the OSM service.

My advice to Airnav - switch to using Google Maps.  Instead of trying to convert PNG images to JPEG, you'll be able to continue to use JPEGs, and all you need to do is:
    1. Subtract ONE from the ZOOM parameter (cz)
    2. Divide by TWO the CHART WIDTH (cw)
    3. Divide by TWO the CHART HEIGHT (ch)
    4. Use SCALE = 2 when calling http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=[lat],[long]&zoom=[cz]&size=[cw]x[ch]&scale=2&format=jpg&sensor=false

For example - http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=57.678632,-4.02597&zoom=10&size=598x547&scale=2&format=jpg&sensor=false

patcarty2


Lou

I`ve not had OSM for over a month now,and today the Satellite layer is not responding so all I`ve got is a blank screen,the interface is updating so I know it is not my setup.

AirNav Development

Both the Satellite Layer and OSM Layer problems are totally corrected at this time.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Lou

Hi AirNav, how come I have neither at this time?

Peter

I haven't got access to OSM or Satellite maps either, 3D is the only option now working.

Peter

Lou

I`m using saved satellite layers at the moment,however if I move the map to follow a particular ship the layer does not update I have no OSM layers at all.

tarbat

#23
OSM is still not working.  It is now delivering a PNG image of the correct area to the ShipTrax client.

Using Wireshark, I see ShipTrax send this reqest:
www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/anlv_sv_user.dll?UsOSMLayer=0&lat=0vvyvT2sTyBAkhik&long=yv%2FyvDSvQiZAmh6l&z=1v0%3D&w=1v3ltQ%3D%3D&h=1vzkvA%3D%3D&skip_attr=on&format=jpeg&usverify_name=t4udy1bUSyVEkB%2Bl&usversion=ANSH128

This delivers a PNG image, NOT a JPEG.  I thought Andre said that you were going to convert from png on the server and output to jpg to Shiptrax as before.

I still think it would be simpler to use the Google Maps API !!

AirNav Development

Stby while we repass this one to our programmer.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

Looks like this is now fixed.  I'm seeing OSM maps downloading, and using the new OSM format.  Well done development.

                                NEW                                                                   OLD


Lou

Working here also, the projection is not correct in some sections in my area and its a bit washed out but great to have it back,Thanks Airnav

tarbat

Quote from: Lou on April 21, 2012, 11:22:51 AMWorking here also, the projection is not correct in some sections in my area and its a bit washed out but great to have it back,Thanks Airnav

Lou, do you have an example of the projection being incorrect?  And what Projection Method do you have selected in MENU - MAP - PROJECTION?  I use Mercator, and that should be okay, unless you are zoomed out to a large area in which case it can be impossible to completely map OSM onto the Airnav globe.

Lou

Hi Tarbat I`m also using Mercator, its a bit like when you transition Google Earth to Street view the map seems to fold over, it only happens on the central London section so I`m not to bothered.I live just over a Nm north of Blackwall Reach on the river Thames so I`m mostly zooming in to the many small docks and piers that the small coasters pull in to,at the moment I`ve got 74 targets on screen

Peter

#29
OSM layer not working again. Tried 3D, that is just a black screen. A little frustrating when I have 199 ships in my own area due to the exceptional lift conditions.

Peter