New Navdata.db3 - 20130422

Started by orkney, April 22, 2013, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

orkney

Hello

Once again, The new Navdata Installer can be downloaded from the link below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20130422.exe

For checking your installation this one has 196,276 records.

Thank you

Andrew

54901 - Jim

KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Runway 31

That will be correct Jim, I think I passed the wrong number to Orkney

Alan

tommyg

Thanks guys, yet another stirling effort.

Tommyg
Tommyg

imropes


nortonbeak


Northern Watch

Thanks again for all the effort, it is greatly appreciated.

NW

dantheman

Many thanks for your hard work.
Dan.


Kenny

Thanks to all who help update the db..


ANRB 3km north of VTBD

jacobite


Sketco

oookay...I think I'm in trouble. I downloaded the update, rechecked several times that the .db3 file is in the correct folder (running ver 3.13). Showing 84468.  I've obviously mucked up somewhere.

Runway 31

Sketco,

I presume you have more than one version of Airnav on your computer.  If you installed from the disk and then upgraded to V3.13 you will have both on your computer and it looks like the update went to the correct one.

Two questions for you. 1. What version of Windows ae you using.  2.  Did you install to the default location or somewhere like C:\Airnav.

Use Windows search to look for all instances of NavData db.3.  When you find them you have two options.  You can either download and install to the corect folder or you can moves the new NavData.db3 file to the correct data folder replacing the one there.

Alan

Sketco

Cheers Alan,

re: questions 1&2

OS: Windows Vista SP1

File:             NavData.db3
Type of file:  DB3 File (.db3)
Located:      C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data
Size:            50.1 MB (52,603,904 bytes)
Created:      ‎Saturday, ‎3 ‎December ‎2011, ‏‎1:43:51 AM
Modified:      ‎Monday, ‎22 ‎April ‎2013, ‏‎3:04:32 PM

Installed Db update using updater package to C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009
updater completed the \Data transaction.

Now Showing 84468, not the 196,276 I was expecting. the NavData.db3 has updated  (been modified)to the right place, but for some reason I'm not showing an increase in records. I've done this once before on an update, but cannot remember how I resolved it.

Runway 31

Sketco,

As you detailed C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data there lies your problem. As your first post detailed you are using version V3.13, you have 2 versions of Radarbox on your computer. 2009 is the original which came on the disk with the box and V3.13 is the upgrade which you downloaded from the Airnav site.

The update went to the data folder of the disk version 2009 not the data folder of the updated version V3.13.  You will have a Navdata.db3 in each of them but it is reading the older one which is giving you the 88,468 records.  You require to find the other data folder and within it you will find the correct Navdata.db.3 file which will then require to be moved to the V3.13 data folder.

As you appear to have used the default install V3.13 will probably be installed to c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\Radarbox\Data.  Note V3.13 doesnt have 2009 afeter Radarbox.

Alan

Sketco

Thanks Alan,

3.13 Launches from C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009, and the old elf files from Ver2009 are stored there from the program update.

But anyway, relaunched the updater to c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\Radarbox, which is the other folder.

I now have 84473 instead of 84468, but they would be additions to the database from the box itself.

Does it matter that I haven't updated db3 files sequentially?.

Sorry to be a pain, it probably doesn't matter at the end of the day, but it would be nice to solve the problem.

As i say it has happened before, I just don't recall how I fixed it last time. I recall it took a bunch of steps, just dont remember them.
Cheers