AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released

Started by AirNav Development, November 05, 2009, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fenris

Quote from: ANDREJ767 on November 10, 2009, 08:28:52 PM
I did switched back to old version of RB till the new one will be a bit better .....

The old version requires server access in just the same way as the beta does.

spikem

Just downloaded 3.08 and installed on vista. Straight replacement of exe file. Runs fine with no errors for me. i may be one of the few but there we go.

Fenris

Yes, me too. I suspect that the problem cases are to do with file location, permissions and possibly UAC.

Jollygreen

Since we now have a signed driver I decided to upgrade from 3.01 to 3.08. Downloaded the new driver and then downloaded the new 3.08 'exe'. Guess what, I also get the dreaded 'rb.dll not found' message.

Just got back from Brussels, it's late, I'm tired..... help

Nigel

Fenris

Quote from: Jollygreen on November 10, 2009, 11:04:07 PM
Since we now have a signed driver I decided to upgrade from 3.01 to 3.08. Downloaded the new driver and then downloaded the new 3.08 'exe'. Guess what, I also get the dreaded 'rb.dll not found' message.

Where do you have RB installed? I assume you have 64 bit Vista or Windows 7.

What did you do with the 3.08 .exe file? It needs to be saved over the 3.07 exe, you may not have the permissions to do that.

Ensure that the program object is pointing to the correct place. It could be that Windows has moved the file to the virtual store and there is no rb.dll file in that directory.

Jollygreen

Brian

I never loaded 3.07. So do I have to install 3.07 first or do I just copy 3.08 exe into my 3.01 directory

Nigel

Fenris

I believe that it should work in the 3.01 directory. AFAIK there is only the one changed file, the .exe.

Where do you have it installed? On what OS?

Jollygreen

Brian

I will try again tomorrow when I am more awake : -)


Nigel

Fenris

OK, will try to be available if you still have problems.

BMcL26

Just installed Windows 7 (Ultimate) 64bit tonight had to do a clean install and naturtally ANRB was one of the fist programmes I resinstalled v 3.08 beta,  Installed the 64 bit drivers and off we went been running for over an hour now without any problems.

YXUphoto

I have couple of issues.  I upgraded from the 2.01 to 3.06-07-08 beta version.  Since I use Vista, I installed outside of Program Files folder.  After installation I transferred my DB files over to the 3.0x Beta folder.  When I start ANRB.exe it finds the .DB3 files just fine, but tells me they are corrupt and it can't use them.
These files still work fine in the 2.01 installation.  Any ideas?  I have lots of codes that I have painfully added to the DB and wouldn't want to lose them.  The MyLog.db3 seems to function fine.

Second issue:  Is there a way to transfer my Alerts from 2.01 to 3.08?


DaveReid

Quote from: YXUphoto on November 11, 2009, 01:00:35 AMSecond issue:  Is there a way to transfer my Alerts from 2.01 to 3.08?

If you're refering to the list of hex codes/registrations/Flight IDs/etc that you have set up as alerting parameters, then yes, it's s simple process to transfer these.

Just start up 2.01, then copy-and-paste the hex code list, etc into Notepad.  Shut down 2.01, start up 3.08, and paste the data back into the appropriate places.

Job done.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

Quote from: tarbat on November 10, 2009, 04:52:40 PM
Quote from: Manuel Mendes on November 10, 2009, 04:43:10 PMHi. I'm using ICAO LPFR.

I'll test when Airnavs METAR server is back up - it appears to be down at the moment.

Okay, tested and works okay with LPFR.

Aerotower

#118
My database is being discarded by the database server. Appears only registration, aircraft type and the hex code. Anybody know what's going on?

P. S. I'm losing my database.

EK01

When I click on the mode S code in the interface (MY Flights or Network) in order to populate any missing fields, it appears to be working ok apart from not populating the aircraft types field. It just comes up as '...'. Obviously the silhouette field which is related to that is therefore also not populated.