Database Update Requests

Started by orkney, April 08, 2015, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 128 Guests are viewing this topic.

X

Alan

Based on the above I assume all the Afghan Hercs are miscoding former USAF hexes and will be as follows

74-665   AE0309   C130H   Afghan Air Force
74-675   AE0311   C130H   Afghan Air Force
74-677   AE0312   C130H   Afghan Air Force
74-689   AE0317   C130H   Afghan Air Force

X

Runway 31

Ian,

The Windows 8.1 ones on the support page work fine with W10, with most people upgrading having no issues with them http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

Follow this if required

1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2. Click 'Change PC Settings'.
3. Scroll down, and click 'update and recovery'
4. Click 'recovery'
5. Click under advanced start up and restart now
6. Click 'Troubleshoot'
7. Click 'Startup Settings'
8. Click Restart 
9. When Win8 restarts type the number next to \"Disable driver signature enforcement\"

For Windows 8 drivers please download:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

Instructions:
1- Download the file above;
2- Unzip it to a folder on your computer;
3- Disconnect your RadarBox USB cable, wait a few seconds and connect it again;
4- When Windows prompts you to find the proper RadarBox driver browse the folder where you have extracted your drivers to;

If the above Windows prompt box does not appear:
1- Go to Windows Control Panel - Device Manager- USB Controllers - RadarBox - Driver -  Update Driver
2- Point at the relevant folder and install the drivers;


Failing that contact [email protected] for assistance but with an upgrade instead of a fresh install there should be no problems

Alan

Runway 31

X

AE0309,1665,4604,Lockheed C-130H Hercules,Afghanistan - Air Force (Miscode)
AE0311,1675,4640,Lockheed C-130H Hercules,Afghanistan - Air Force (Miscode) in d/b since September 2015
AE0312,1677,4643,Lockheed C-130H Hercules,Afghanistan - Air Force (Miscode)
AE0317,1689,4681,Lockheed C-130H Hercules,Afghanistan - Air Force (Miscode)

Alan

X

Alan

Thanks, just been informed, as you noted above, now Afghan Hercs all carry the 16?? rather than the 74-6?? I put in earlier.

X

Hawkeye

"Hi Alan, HELP please if you can. I have now updated to windows 10.1 but I cannot use ANRB as there is no drivers available for the software. The windows 8 drivers do not work. Has anybody else had this problem?

Ian"

Doesn't help Ian with his problem I know, but I find  the driver issue rather odd. Why do some users have a problem and others don't?
Although I was happy with Win7, I was advised to install Win10 before the 'free issue' deadline date and wasn't looking forward to having to go through the driver update procedure that Alan details.
I was more than pleasantly surprised to find  that I didn't need to install the Win8 drivers as my R/Box cracked up and ran without any trouble.

Syd













jacobite

Quote from: Hawkeye on August 06, 2016, 01:15:24 PM
"Hi Alan, HELP please if you can. I have now updated to windows 10.1 but I cannot use ANRB as there is no drivers available for the software. The windows 8 drivers do not work. Has anybody else had this problem?

Ian"

Doesn't help Ian with his problem I know, but I find  the driver issue rather odd. Why do some users have a problem and others don't?
Although I was happy with Win7, I was advised to install Win10 before the 'free issue' deadline date and wasn't looking forward to having to go through the driver update procedure that Alan details.
I was more than pleasantly surprised to find  that I didn't need to install the Win8 drivers as my R/Box cracked up and ran without any trouble.

Syd

Hi Syd, this game of drivers is becoming a pain in the you know where. The widows 8 drivers worked fine for me in windows 10 but not in windows 10.1 which I am now using. I think it's a bit much that AirNav systems cannot be bothered to update drivers when they are needed. It's now over a year since windows 10 came out but no updates to ANRB.

jacobite

Quote from: Runway 31 on August 06, 2016, 11:13:44 AM
Ian,

The Windows 8.1 ones on the support page work fine with W10, with most people upgrading having no issues with them http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

Follow this if required

1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2. Click 'Change PC Settings'.
3. Scroll down, and click 'update and recovery'
4. Click 'recovery'
5. Click under advanced start up and restart now
6. Click 'Troubleshoot'
7. Click 'Startup Settings'
8. Click Restart 
9. When Win8 restarts type the number next to \"Disable driver signature enforcement\"

For Windows 8 drivers please download:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

Instructions:
1- Download the file above;
2- Unzip it to a folder on your computer;
3- Disconnect your RadarBox USB cable, wait a few seconds and connect it again;
4- When Windows prompts you to find the proper RadarBox driver browse the folder where you have extracted your drivers to;

If the above Windows prompt box does not appear:
1- Go to Windows Control Panel - Device Manager- USB Controllers - RadarBox - Driver -  Update Driver
2- Point at the relevant folder and install the drivers;


Failing that contact [email protected] for assistance but with an upgrade instead of a fresh install there should be no problems

Alan

The windows 8 drivers do not work in the latest windows os (10.1) I have tried several times so something needs to be done re updating the drivers for ANRB.

CYYZGUY

#6727
Hi Alan, not sure if it is in the database or not..

Because of the "0" in front?

EVA030

No Routing

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA30

And is there a name or company attached to this?

Mode-S C0A585

Flight ID: CIKRS

Also,

C07F39  Nothing else


regards,

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

neroon79

Ian,

WIN10 aniversary update:

If you did a complete new install WIN10 will block all unsigned kernel drivers, although they are installed they won't be executed/loaded. Unless AirNav sent the drivers to microsoft to get them signed it will be impossible to get the classic ANRB hardware to run.

As per microsoft: On all already existing Systems (updated to WIN10 in the past twelve month) the blocking of unsigned drivers will stay deactivated (for now).

kernel drivers: Drivers that need to directly communicate with hardware, which afaik is the case with the RB Hardware.

The signature enforcement can be bypassed, if secure-boot is deactivated. Unfortunate I don't know how to do that.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

neroon79

Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

jacobite

Quote from: neroon79 on August 06, 2016, 02:22:12 PM
Ian,

WIN10 aniversary update:

If you did a complete new install WIN10 will block all unsigned kernel drivers, although they are installed they won't be executed/loaded. Unless AirNav sent the drivers to microsoft to get them signed it will be impossible to get the classic ANRB hardware to run.

As per microsoft: On all already existing Systems (updated to WIN10 in the past twelve month) the blocking of unsigned drivers will stay deactivated (for now).

kernel drivers: Drivers that need to directly communicate with hardware, which afaik is the case with the RB Hardware.

The signature enforcement can be bypassed, if secure-boot is deactivated. Unfortunate I don't know how to do that.

Ingo

Thanks Ingo, I can't see the drivers ever being updated at this moment in time so I am stuck in limbo with an absolutely US ANRB until it is sorted out. AirNav are happy to take your money but fail to provide any updates.

Ian

Runway 31

#6731
What did Airnav advise when you contacted them?.  My new laptop with W10 installed that I bought 3 months ago works fine and had no problems installing ANRB6 and getting it going and that is with a new install of the O/S and not an upgrade.

Alan

CYYZGUY

SWA5775

No Routing

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA5775

I also have a SkyRegional flight coming up missing some info/incorrect

E48363
SKV7665  (Showing a Brazilian Flag)  Should be Canadian I believe.

No Reg or Aircraft fields populating, also here is the routing info.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKV7665

regards,

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Runway 31

Jason,

The leading 0 makes no difference as it is discarded by the route routine.  It didn't show because it wasn't in the database.

The owner of C-IKRS is Sport Plane Inc

C07F39,C-GWEQ,4490,De Havilland Canada DHC-8-Q402 Dash 8,WestJet Encore,

Thanks again

Alan

Runway 31

Hi Ingo,

3D3828,D-ETNC,28-8116312,Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II

Many thanks

Alan