Anybody picking up any interesting live tracks? Here's one of mine for starters.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2317540903_99d72a4b13.jpg)
And another one:
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/2317621111_be1bb23e41.jpg)
A good day today
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2317638567_d210f31ed8.jpg)
They just keep popping up!
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/2317643315_a112da8700.jpg)
Of course, no positions for these aircraft as they are not transmitting position information.
SNAP:
(http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9194/ppql1.jpg)
Still only getting 7 characters though - I did see 8 that one time when I posted the screenshot. AirNav say it is down to 3rd party processing algorithms, but I'm not convinced, especially when it's live traffic.
Found it, see below, definitely 8 characters (including the space) - I'll annoy AB again to see if we can get it fixed :-)
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2060/2284645408_ae57f7a8d8_o.jpg)
dont know how to do the shots you used soheres a couple
ur-82008 a124 antanov design burea 50801c
yl-bbf 737-584 air baltic 502c30
Quote from: pcochrane12 on March 08, 2008, 10:09:22 AM
dont know how to do the shots you used soheres a couple
ur-82008 a124 antanov design burea 50801c
yl-bbf 737-584 air baltic 502c30
Thanks for that. I take a screenshot, crop it and then upload to Flickr http://www.flickr.com/
Then post the link in the message here like this but using [] and not () - () used so you can see the link instead of the picture.
(img)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/2317643315_7de56133c4_o.jpg(/img)
Just picked up a Canadian Air Force plane for the first time so thought I'd post it. It also gives me chance to try out the flickr tip from Allocator:
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/99965396@N00/2321210388/)
Hmm, that didn't work.
The link you have put in is not correct
"http://www.flickr.com/photos/99965396@N00/2321210388/"
It should have a ".jpg" at the end at the least.
Quote from: DaveR on March 09, 2008, 02:04:18 PM
Hmm, that didn't work.
Don't forget that you need square brackets around your picture link. You've put the link to the page rather than the picture.
The correct link is below the picture when you go to "All Sizes" - looks like this
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2317638567_924f99b313_o.jpg
I personally prefer to use www.imageshack.us as you can post thumbnails as well - eg
(http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9194/ppql1.th.jpg) (http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ppql1.jpg)
Or a full image:
(http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9194/ppql1.jpg)
Ok, I'll try again
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2321210388_ab0d1ee005_o.jpg)
Thanks for all the tips. I was watching the footy but to continue would be torture for me as a Teessider. So perhaps while I'm on a role
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2320534267_07f1af1bc1_o.jpg)
Right better knock it off now unless I see something really good.
Dave, do you think you could get the picture a bit bigger? :-)
Well done! In Flickr you can post a smaller picture, then post a link to the big picture like this.
(http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1044/614260988_01be75b669_m.jpg)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1044/614260988_56952f9c33_o.jpg
My favourite interesting aircraft with callsign HELIMED2 is out saving lives again today:
(http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6795/pp2bx7.jpg)
I've had a close-up experience with this one - see http://tarbatness.blogspot.com/2007/07/scottish-air-ambulance.html
I used to go to Uni in Newcastle and lived near the RVI, I overlooked the common and quite regularly had Sea Kings etc landing about 50 yards from my window. Explains why I'm not a millionaire now I guess :)
Also one day was walking back and I saw a civil heli land with a large number of police cars around, I didnt think anything of it and continued walking down the path they then set off and had to drive onto the grass to get past and then I spotted Prince Charles and Princess Di in the back having a good laugh to themselves.
I wish I had that room again, aircraft spotting in the warm!
Allocator,
I liked your 4 pictures and I see you left the best aircraft to last :-) :-)
Not seen one of these before...
(http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08111/747dl123.jpg)
There are 2 at least of them and they are used to transport aircraft parts from Iltay to the USA. Have been regualr in the skies over Uk for at least the last year. Try finding a picture of one just to see how anazing they are :-0
Interesting one this evening:
(http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9440/ppun4.jpg)
Is this the aircraft you expected to see or should it have found a picture of Irish Air Corps 252 ?
Quote from: Roadrunner on March 10, 2008, 08:29:25 PM
Is this the aircraft you expected to see or should it have found a picture of Irish Air Corps 252 ?
Quite right. Looks like ANRB has the wrong aircraft details :(
Quote from: tarbat on March 10, 2008, 09:03:17 PM
Quote from: Roadrunner on March 10, 2008, 08:29:25 PM
Is this the aircraft you expected to see or should it have found a picture of Irish Air Corps 252 ?
Quite right. Looks like ANRB has the wrong aircraft details :(
No, it's airliners.net with the wrong details - do a search for registration 254 and see what comes up :-) (whoops, my mistake, dhould have been 252 - but you get the idea)
Just not enough of a registration to be unique! These are just a few of the aircraft that come up.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/2325306000_0de228a36b.jpg)
Quote from: Allocator on March 10, 2008, 09:29:14 PM
No, it's airliners.net with the wrong details
So why has ANRB got this aircraft listed as owned by the Bulgarian Air Force, and of type Sukhoi Su-25K - surely that information doesn't come from airliner.net does it? GAS has:
(http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8316/ppyg2.jpg)
The early database on the server would already have some detail stored to match up with pictures, in this case it had this.
When nothing is found on that database it then calls GAS to update.
Another point worth mentioning. If you have registrations that just consist of numbers (as with 252) there is no guarantee that there is only one aircraft registered with that number in the world, also it could be a construction number. What I do when this happens is do a manual search airliners net and narrow down the oporator with the registration and that almost always finds the correct one. Then file save as and use the correct fiel name for the aircraft and it will overwrite the info in the RB photo file sao that next time it appears you get the right one. With German Airforce I change the MyLog registartion to (eg 10+21) and change the image file to the same name. A bit fiddly but it gets the job done.
Regards
Mike
Excuse all the spelling errors in the above - I will have to stop having a drink with my lunch :-)
Found another DreamLifter today:
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/2337458052_b3776c0367.jpg)
Looks like it would be interesting in a crosswind!
Yankees!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2348674856_76b570cbae_o.jpg)
At least
Quote from: Allocator on March 20, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Yankees!
At least the YANKEES got all their wheels on the ground!!
(http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6528/ppql5.jpg)
Just had a look through My-Log today and amazed at some of the planes flying in my "local" airspace. Picked up 2 Airbus Beluga's as well as the Dreamlifter posted earlier, several foreign Awacs, the Met police Heli (must of been a hell of a car chase to pick it up on Teesside).
I've also had plenty of American, French, Canadian, Ukrainian military flights.
Just goes to show what we might have missed before they got MyLog Working!
Quote from: DaveR on March 27, 2008, 06:16:42 PM
the Met police Heli (must of been a hell of a car chase to pick it up on Teesside).
We do have a loan air ambulance at MME while our regular one is away.
See
http://www.dtvmovements.co.uk/
for what is flying nearby.
Thanks for that and welcome to a fellow Teessider.
The heli I picked up was G-MPSA, guess another personalised reg. I wonder if it's like car's you have to pay a fortune for a personalised plate?
Well the DVLA of the sky's have to ,ake their money some how!
These prices look better than those for car number plates :-)
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=122&pagetype=90&pageid=138
And no road tax either!!!!!
Another nice one - in the list only, no position.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2363/2378198602_86f1a31c9e_o.jpg)
It has been a busy few days for USAF heavy metal. A total of 5 E3TF AWACS have been about plus 74-0787 is one of 2 of these around. AirForce One 82-8000 went to Europe around 17:30-18:00 today all for the big European meeting later this week.....
Picked up XH558 (G-VLCN) on my logs today, very worried when I heard they had declared mayday but understand everything was ok in the end, landed at Cottesmore.
Quote from: Really on April 14, 2008, 06:08:09 PM
Picked up XH558 (G-VLCN) on my logs today, very worried when I heard they had declared mayday but understand everything was ok in the end, landed at Cottesmore.
A spurious fire warning light. There's a good video clip of an interview with the captain on the BBC website - I can't post the link as I can't see what it is! Do a search for Vulcan and it it the most recent video clip.
I hate the new BBC website layout - ugghhh!
Another interesting Aircraft
[attachment deleted by admin]
These are regular visitors to Bristol Filton but still very interesting. Reminds me of days at Southend as a child watching the Carvair car transporters from Southend airport - also a very funny shape.....
Got four of these FR Aviation (http://www.fraviation.com/mt.aspx) aircraft in the air at the moment, presumably in support of a training exercise by some French Navy pilots for Exercise Joint Warrior 081. The radio exchanges between the bombing range controllers and the French pilots is hilarious - "do you have facility for guns"........."pardon?".........."have you got a gun?!!!!"
(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8607/frako4.jpg)
Pallmall68
Do you have any idea do the beluga's only go to Bristol, just that I picked one up the other day heading towrds Liverpool, thought it might be on the way to Warton?
It was probably going to Hawarden Airport (Chester), thats where the Airbus factory is.
That would explain it. Thanks very much
Quote from: tarbat on April 23, 2008, 09:40:45 AM
Got four of these FR Aviation (http://www.fraviation.com/mt.aspx) aircraft in the air at the moment, presumably in support of a training exercise by some French Navy pilots for Exercise Joint Warrior 081. The radio exchanges between the bombing range controllers and the French pilots is hilarious - "do you have facility for guns"........."pardon?".........."have you got a gun?!!!!"
(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8607/frako4.jpg)
Those Falcons are based at Teesside Airport and left for that exercise at Kinloss on Monday.
http://www.dtvmovements.co.uk/2008Months/200804Apr/Apr21.htm (http://www.dtvmovements.co.uk/2008Months/200804Apr/Apr21.htm)
Quote from: tarbat on April 23, 2008, 09:40:45 AM
The radio exchanges between the bombing range controllers and the French pilots is hilarious - "do you have facility for guns"........."pardon?".........."have you got a gun?!!!!"
Yep, done that one with the USAF - many years ago.
"XXXXXX squawk standby"
"Say again sir"
"XXXXXX squawk standby"
"Say again sir"
"Strangle the parrot"
"Ahh, Roger Sir, squawk going off"
Shame the Boss was standing behind me and only heard my last transmission. Cue the debrief about using standard phraseology!
Does this aircraft make a regular appearance around these skies?
[attachment deleted by admin]
this one comes on a lot
[attachment deleted by admin]
I wonder what this aircraft is for ?? . Keeps popping up most days on my box.
[attachment deleted by admin]
ASTOR is Airborne Stand-off Radar - battlefield surveillance - the equivalent of the US JSTARS Boeings. 5 Squadron will be getting 5 of them - eventually. They were all due to be in service by September 2005, but the last one, currently being fitted out by Raytheon at Broughton, won't be up and running until December this year.
Well, you did ask!
Rod
Thanks Rod. i will know the next time
'Metman' visited Shannon today. It's due to make a 4hr oceanic flight later tonight. Interestingly it was the first 146-300.
[attachment deleted by admin]
The bad weather over the UK - except for Shropshire - has resulted in loads of military traffic today. Here's just one snapshot of the sort of traffic I've been getting today!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2548399642_b11c70035e.jpg)
See the full MyLog list below - a couple of unknowns there if anybody can help. Note the new C17 too, ZZ175.The aircraft I didn't see in the aircraft list, I've heard on the scanner - what a fun day :-)
XS709 43C2EF H25A Hawker Siddeley HS-125-2 Dominie TRAF
XS712 43C2F1 H25A Hawker Siddeley HS-125-2 Dominie TUK - Air Force
XS727 43C2F3 H25A Hawker Siddeley HS-125-2 Dominie TUK - Air Force
XS728 43C2F4 H25A Hawker Siddeley HS-125-2 Dominie TUK - Air Force
XS737 43C2F8 H25A Hawker Siddeley HS-125-2 Dominie TRAF
XS739 43C2F9 H25A Hawker Siddeley 125 Dominie T1 Royal Air Force
XV105 43C0A7 VC10 Vickers VC-10 UK - Air Force
XV107 43C0A8 VC10 Vickers VC-10 C1K UK - Air Force
XV109 43C0A9 VC10 Vickers VC-10 UK - Air Force
XV202 43C10B C130 Lockheed C-130K Hercules C3P (L-38UK - Air Force
XX289 43C43C HAWK British Aerospace Hawk T1A UK - Air Force
XX303 43C444 HAWK British Aerospace Hawk T1A UK - Air Force
XX337 43C461 HAWK British Aerospace Hawk T1A UK - Air Force
XZ304 43C0D7 GAZL Westland SA-341B Gazelle AH1 UK - Army
ZD953 43C1C4 L101 Lockheed L-1011-385-3 Tri UK - Air Force
ZG993 43C389 BN2 Britten Norman BN2T Islander AL1 Army Air Corps
ZH877 43C136 C130 Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 UK - Air Force
ZH887 43C025 C130 Lockheed Martin C-130J He UK - Air Force
ZJ703 43C1E2 B412 Bell 412 Griffin HAR2
ZJ707 43C1E6 B412 Bell 412EP Griffin HT1 UK - Air Force
ZJ708 43C1E7 B412 Bell 412EP Griffin HT.1 RAF - FBH
ZK450 43C1F3 BE20 Beech Super King Air 200 UK - Air Force
ZK453 43C1F6 BE20 Beech Super King Air B200 UK - Air Force
ZK454 43C1F7 BE20 Beech Super King Air 200 UK - Air Force
ZZ175 43C04E C17A Boeing C-17A Globemaster III UK - Air Force
43C1D5
43C3C9
This Open Skies Boeing is somewhere within 200 miles of me right now - first time I've noticed it.
Rod
Yes Rod picked that one up from Teesside as well
On a different scale, here is a genuine Cherokee bumbling along south of Sweden showing full position. Can't find much about it - why would it have full ADS-B?
Rod
Dreamlifter passing over Northern England - too far to the north of me for a visual, unfortunately.
Shame about the EIA flight ID - could have glossed over it as a genuine Evergreen freighter!
UPDATE - looks like it's heading for Prestwick.
Rod
And another (fairly) interesting one - There are only two Boieng C-32B's - used by the USAF's Foreign Ememgency Support Team, and virtually unmarked so that they can fly into trouble-spots without drawing too much attention to themselves to evacuate US nationals.
Rod
Just found an unusual aircraft, for me anyway, a Canadian?? RF-8G Corsair. the airlines shows it as US Marines, but mode s is C2B369.
Besty,
www.airframes.org shows this as a Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604 reg 144617
See here:
http://www.airframes.org/reg/144617
sounds better, must be something screwy in my database. thanks for putting it right for me
reg 144617 still on my system as cl64 but showing pics for vought corsair with same reg. at 36000 ft and us marines, typical just posted this and it disappears.
The problem is that the registration is duplicated on www.airliners.net
Just do a search for 144617 and see what comes up. RadarBox just grabs the first 2 photos, it has no way of knowing which is the right one.
You can overcome this by manually downloading 2 of the correct thumbnail picutes and saving them in your /Photos directory as:
144617.jpg
144617,2.jpg
Another unusual aircraft is flying over northern England - the Evergreen Supertanker firebomber - wonder where it's been.
Rod
Over my house the rain we have had recently! :-)
I regularly see this light aircraft flying around, but did not realize it was part of Greater Manchester Police...
A beluga....funny looking things are those!
[attachment deleted by admin]
A British Army helicopter...
(sorry this only seems to let me do 1 attachment at a time with a 300kb limit)
Just to note that the Evergreen Supertanker is flying again over England - wonder what's going on...
Rod
RAF Hawk "Test 000"
Here's one I'm seeing a lot of lately. Delivered at Inverness in April. This brand new F406 for the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency looks rather resplendent in its new colour scheme.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2636689779_554b464eec_o.jpg)
An even better picture at http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image14088.html
These two just did a low level drop on the Tain range having first buzzed our house at 250ft!!!!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2654561633_ec6251fb92_o.jpg)
Hunter XF995 Mode S 43C2EE in the list at the moment. On contract to the Empire Test Pilot's School at Boscombe Down.
And another one :-)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/2655647313_acd33be2a4.jpg)
Another one...
Anyone catch any of the flypast at Fairford today? Lots of opportunities for RAF codes.
Does anyone know why this Islander could be flying round the North East? It shows as Northolt station flight but has been around here since 17th June until now, always showing same callsign.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3084/2658802604_0233b4dbdb.jpg)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3121/2658802612_6666e534fa.jpg)
Quote from: besty8 on July 11, 2008, 02:45:58 PM
Does anyone know why this Islander could be flying round the North East? It shows as Northolt station flight but has been around here since 17th June until now, always showing same callsign.
ZH536 is used for communication monitoring, so it's probably monitoring your Radarbox!!!
Also rumoured to have some involvement in CIA Rendition flights - see the story entitles "Islanders Ahoy – Spies in the Sky!" at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan-turnbull/cia-rendition.htm
cheers for that, hope he enjoys the coverage.
Do you reckon it's sending out spoof ADS-B info? - look at this extract from MyLog (we get it regularly showing up here in Lancashire too).
Rod
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/2680108626_aefd3eaf63_o.jpg)
Okay, maybe not the most interesting aircraft in the world, but I've spent all morning listening to these trainees do landings at Kinloss. It's great listening on the Kinloss PAR frequency as the controller talks them in. Some of their approaches haven't exactly been text-book, but the controller still keeps a very calm voice as he/she says "go around"!!
I'm used to seeing Nato and RAF AWACS around here but something a bit more unusual is this French AF one, more than likely training up around Newcastle airport and the Northumberland area.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2692538972_7dc2e6243b.jpg)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2692538972_a656cfc83c_o.jpg
Must be getting some practice for the airshow, we have an RNEthAF F16 doing some runs. Also just got the 2 RN Sea Kings for the role demonstration off RFA Lyme Bay.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/2700651641_88783c538b.jpg)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2701208702_50c7c7036a.jpg)
I saw the Dutch F16's at Teesside Airport last night.
Just spotted a new Nimrod with RAF serial but with UK civilian mode s code. Along with some other RAF types.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2735605230_e265cd352f.jpg)
Yes, I saw (and heard) that Nimrod (400010) with registration ZJ518 back in June out of Kinloss. Believed to be an MRA.4 testing with BAE Systems before delivery to the RAF, hence the non-RAF code.
I thought it must be testing for Bae, thanks for the confirmation.
Hi
When i select Company I do not have UK Navy on the options. Am I missing something.
Quote from: dudbaker on August 05, 2008, 03:54:45 PM
Hi
When i select Company I do not have UK Navy on the options. Am I missing something.
Have you read this:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=645.0
The company search is only as good as the data in the database. Try setting the quickfilter to:
ModeS = 43C*
This will show all British Military aircraft in the list - they won't show on the map as they don't give out their positions.
Hi Allocator
I have been play with wildcards like 43C* but because things are running so slow it is difficult to see the results. Until I saw the comment above, by Besty8 I did not realize, Filter - Show all - ADS only, excisted. Now I can switch filters of without re booting. OK 43C* works - Thank for that. My on going concern is about slow operation and hanging up. So when I saw UK Navy as an option that I do not have I again wondered about my system. I am now at 6500 aircaft again but I am not sure that is my poblem as deleting them does not fix it. Re loading does - for a while. Re loading causes mem usage to be in the order 40000K. Over time this increases to 140000 to 155000k and things get very slow. Thanks again for the help so far.
hello all, just to let you know I've just identified my first Typhoon, it was cruising along quite happily at 37000ft under the control of CRC Boulmer.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2742066564_f9504351bf.jpg)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2742066564_a905e1ffef_o.jpg
If anyone can fill in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated.
Congratulations!! That's the one I had a possible visual on in June - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.msg7923#msg7923
Back then it was an UNKNOWN in Radarbox.
Only been using the RB for 5 days and seen plenty of Hercs, VC10's, C-5's and other heavies but just got my first 'decent' military track:
UK Army Apache ZJ233 tracked from 19:37:20 - 19:45:12
Wonder what he was up to?
ISF53ZS is a Belguim Air Force A310 with ADS- B. Presumably enroute IRAQ at 080856ZAug.
Quote from: besty8 on August 07, 2008, 05:33:28 PM
hello all, just to let you know I've just identified my first Typhoon, it was cruising along quite happily at 37000ft under the control of CRC Boulmer.
If anyone can fill in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated.
Nice one besty,
I don't know about anyone filling in the blanks as you seem to have done well yourself but can I ask how you know it was at FL370 under the control of CRC Boulmer?
Probably a simple answer...:-)
Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
It was squawking 5111 which is a code for the crc at Boulmer, it was up today under Scampton again by the squawk code.
First time I've had one of these in Radarbox - very stylish.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2747890338_3cc5122c4c_o.jpg)
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Piaggio-P-180-Avanti/1176724/L/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Trammel-Crow-Netherlands/Piaggio-P-180-Avanti/1226680/L/
nice one didn't see them live, just checked my log and they're on there too.
I picked up this between 18:29 and 18:33 UTC on the 8th Aug. This OC-135B Observation Aircraft supports the Open Skies Treaty. The aircraft flies unarmed observation flights over participating parties of the treaty. More info from here-
http://www.milnet.com/pentagon/aircraft/usaf/oc135b.htm
Had this one this morning but not seen it before..
I hear that two B-2's will be stationed at Fairford this week. It will be interesting to see if anyone spots them.
Picked up ASTOR4 (ZJ693) of 5(AC) Sqn out of Waddington at 43000ft on squawk 6443 (Swanwick military radar), has now moved to squawk 6401 and 44000ft. I've had this on MyFlights for about 6 hrs.
You can see it's my day off! Just picked up the Airbus Beluga F-GSTC
The B757 (G-OJIB) that Iron Maiden hired for their 2008 world tour is just flying south over Stafford.
Quote from: Bethsalem on August 11, 2008, 12:26:59 PM
Picked up ASTOR4 (ZJ693) of 5(AC) Sqn out of Waddington at 43000ft on squawk 6443 (Swanwick military radar), has now moved to squawk 6401 and 44000ft. I've had this on MyFlights for about 6 hrs.
I got that as well at 14:10:23 when it had moved to 44000ft. At the same time there were also 2 Hercs (XV299 and ZH867) and a US C17A (07-7171) around as well.
I
Quote from: Bethsalem on August 11, 2008, 12:03:28 PM
I hear that two B-2's will be stationed at Fairford this week. It will be interesting to see if anyone spots them.
It is very unlikely that they will be seen even in the list on RB. None of the B52,s are fitted and there is a B1 at Mildenhall at present that also did not show up when it arrived.
Off topic I know, but this is one of the most interesting vehicles I've seen today:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2756445441_3336504cf8_t.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/2756441299/sizes/m/)
So Google Streetview (http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/) has even made it's way to the far north of Scotland.
tarbat,
Does that mean that you are going to be appearing on Google Streets :-)
Do you think that they will "fuzz" your face out? I'm sure I saw this wagon in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago.
Probably. A picture of me hanging out of the window taking a photo of the camera car!!
First one of these that I've seen. Shame I've no idea where it's landing!
Rod
Rod,
The IACO code for this aircraft should be DC93 and it was probably Mildenhall or Northolt although they also overfly quite a lot.
Thanks, RR - just checked MyLog and see that I've logged six of them!
Must spend more time in the log and less time staring at logos!
Rod
I picked up ASTOR4 again today. There seems to have been quite a lot of RAF activity in the Midlands over the last few days. Mainly C130's and VC10's but the HS125's and a BAe146 of theirs have been around a lot as well. Is there an exercise going on at the moment?
Quote from: testmonkey on August 13, 2008, 06:36:17 PM
Is there an exercise going on at the moment?
No major exercises planned in August. You can always check at
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/AirSafetyandAviation/LowFlying/LowFlyingExercisesAndEvents.htm
Hello all, just found this unusual visitor showing as it travelled up the east coast.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2785995015_33844ca2b3.jpg)
larger view at -
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2785995015_a9421eabd0_o.jpg
And he's heading SW now.
Some interesting info. on these E6's - http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2006/q4/061201b_nr.html
I see the Vulcan was up again this afternoon...
Pity he doesn't transmit his speed, height & position etc...I could understand it if it was still a military aircraft carrying his 'cargo' of Blue Danube, Yellow Sun, Blue Steel, WE177B etc. but it would be great to see him on his way to a rather more mundane (but just as exciting:-) role at a local air display.
Actually I have just checked and his altitude is picked up in the Alert notification boxes that pops (3980) up but not in MyLog.
Is this normal or have I missed something?
<sound of eggshells cracking>
Regards,
-=Glyn=-
[attachment deleted by admin]
Glyn,
You only get the height stored in MyLog if the aircraft has a callsign. Look at all the other aircraft you have in MyLog, some will have height and time information - and a Flight ID or callsign - and some won't, those that weren't transmitting a callsign.
FlyBe are a case in point, they never have the callsign set. Same for Aer Arann, but Ryanair and British Airways always do.
As far as the Vulcan transmitting full ADS-B position information, it doesn't have to and it would probably cost more to fit the kit to do so. Maybe if you made a donation of the required Nav kit, then we would all be happy :-)
I wondered why some did and some don't...
I donated to help restore her.
I donated to put her in the sky.
I donated to keep her flying.
And now I have to donate for full ADS-B?
I'm running out of money here...;^)
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Without people like you, it never would have happened.
It is amazing !!
JA854J Japan Airlines Boeing 787-846 Dreamliner !???
Quote from: kiyo on August 23, 2008, 06:17:11 AM
It is amazing !!
JA854J Japan Airlines Boeing 787-846 Dreamliner !???
Amazing indeed - that will be news to Boeing ... :-)
It's actually a so far unidentified mis-code.
Quote from: Allocator on August 22, 2008, 07:28:08 PM
Without people like you, it never would have happened.
Yeah...right...my couple of hundred quid is gonna make all the difference in the world right? ;^)
I have always had a soft spot for the Vulcan - I remember my Dad taking me to Gaydon Air Show which was where as a young boy it frightened me to death...
The Lightning also sticks in my mind - thundering down the runway before standing on its tail and going vertical like a rocket - a rate of climb only just matched by the F-15 apparently...
I believe there are a couple or three Lightnings flying in South Africa and a project underway in the US to restore XS422 to flight. A kid I grew up with is the UK Project Manager but there has been no news now for a few years...:-(
Both iconic British Aircraft...
Anyway to keep this on topic has anyone had any other contacts with the Vulcan?
I am guessing he was travelling to an air display somewhere as it was close to the weekend.
Next time I am at Brunty I'm gonna ask about ADS-B...
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Quote from: GlynH on August 23, 2008, 10:05:14 AM
Anyway to keep this on topic has anyone had any other contacts with the Vulcan?
Nope. Logged it first time yesterday and will be keeping a close eye out for it in the future.
Just witnessed a race between 2 Thomsonfly aircraft going into EGBB. Heard the first one (767) coming in low and fast over my house and watched my screen as he threw the anchors out big style late on to drag the speed off. Checked the screen again just as I heard the second one (757) overhead coming in higher and slower to drop in behind and then descend more rapidly to get back on the glide slope. I can just imagine the company freq now - 'After you', 'No after you', 'No it's okay after you', 'No please I insist, after you' :)))))))))
GlynH,
is that the USA lighting based at Biloxi ? (Anglo American?) - if it is then it should be flying by next year.
Hi Paul,
Yes I believe so. That's the Stennis, Mississippi one right?
It's just that their website hasn't been updated for between 3-5 years...:-(
Anyway I'm getting a little paranoid about keeping this on topic and although it comes under the category "Interesting Aircraft" it has little to do with RadarBox and I seem to have rattled too many cages as it is...
Take care.
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
I see The USN E-6B is up doing his rounds again off the North East coast, must like the weather. He's been up into tabats neck of the woods earlier today.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3095/2798624155_c944048070_o.jpg)
oh, this is a nice one :)
It's my turn, with all Awacs I've seen since the beginning of my RB's life:
(http://i33.tinypic.com/2hrfhwg.jpg)
I have the habit to shoot all interesting aircrafts I 'box' , here is the US one (sorry, shot with a 1000mm lens, so it's bad quality)
(http://i38.tinypic.com/z245x.jpg)
another one: it was during an airshow near my house:)
(http://i37.tinypic.com/14vr236.jpg)
bonus from myself during the event :
http://lflx.free.fr/album/thumbnails.php?album=108
Picked up this old bird last night*
9G-AXA McDonnell Douglas DC-8-63(F) - Air Charter Express (Ghana)
* there's a joke in there somewhere ;)
Unusual to see a glider. This one's been on my aircraft list for over 2 hours this afternoon.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3235/2805578993_2dfdf26c3f_o.jpg)
I see the BBMF Lancaster has finally got its ICAO24 code;
PA474 Avro Lancaster 43C392
I still have a few gaps in my Alert List for the following if anyone has them;
P7350 Supermarine Spitfire Mk Ia BBMF
PS915 Supermarine Spitfire Mk PRXIX BBMF
LF363 Hawker Hurricane MkIIc BBMF
G-BEDF Boeing B-17G Sally B
Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
Great to see a genuine 707 flying!
Rod
This is an interesting one. A German Police Puma with full ADS-B showing via the Network :-)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2848306055_9a0218e29e.jpg)
Here's another interesting aircraft spotted by my friend Terry...hi mate :-)
ADFEBA 99-0004 Boeing VC-32A 757-2G4 B752
This particular aircraft seems to be used in a US Diplomatic role and can count amongst it's passengers First Lady Laura Bush, Condaleeza Rice, John Negraponte, Colin Powell
There is also a 99-0003 listed in much the same role.
Investigating a bit further there are also references to 99-0001 also referred to as Air Force 2 which has carried Dick Cheney amongst others and 99-0002 but www.airframes.org make no mention of the latter...although there are references to 98-0001 & 98-0002 which I believe are the same aircraft.
Plenty of pictures on the Internet though...
Might be worth adding into your Alerts list...
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Quote from: GlynH on September 18, 2008, 07:35:09 AM
and 99-0002 but www.airframes.org make no mention of the latter...plenty of pictures on the Internet though...
Do you mean 9
8-0002 ?
Quote from: DaveReid on September 18, 2008, 07:45:02 AMDo you mean 98-0002 ?
I did and I had already edited my post...
Thanks Dave.
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Another interesting catch today,ADFEB9-99-003.BOEING C-32A(757-2G4).Another diplomatic aircraft,which according to airframes.org.has carried many U.S.diplomats,including the President.
And another just caught ADFEB4 E-4B(742-200B).This seems to be the favourite craft for Defence Sec. Mr Gates as he has used this aircraft very frequently.
Regards Terry.
This one caught my eye this morning. Glad I wasn't on-board!
Hey Tarbat,
That ones Economy class,rumour has it the food on there is not fit to eat,Haw!Haw!.Take it,it never got to Edinburgh then?
Okay, not so much interesting aircraft as what aircraft - or even just what?
Just let one of my cats in and there was a bmiBaby 737 going over inbound to EGBB rwy 33. At the same time I spotted a red light in the sky, looked like an aircraft but bright orange / red, coming the other way (heading south) at what I would estimate was probably 12-15k ft or above. My first instinct upon seeing it was an engine fire due to the colour but almost immediately 2 more similar lights came into view. The 3 lights were line astern but no more than a mile between each one and all travelling at a similar speed. I put the colour down to possible atmospheric conditions and had a quick look at the RB to see what they were but they weren't being picked up. Went back outside to have another look but they'd vanished. However there were now 2 more of the same side by side where I originally spotted the first 3 coming the same way. Kept an eye on them and whilst they were out of sight behind a neighbouring house one of them dissapeared. The other dissapeared shortly after becoming visible to me again. Needless to say neither of these appeared on my screen either. I turned the scanner on but got no transmissions that would have linked to them and no other chit chat referring to them either.
So the question is what were they? Military traffic maybe (possibly helos judging by the light source if they were lower than they appeared)? The JetMan appreciation society? Anyone any ideas?
......and no, I haven't been drinking :)
No direct connection to testmonkey's post, but does anyone know what USAF aircraft carry out flights using the callsign "Shadow XX". A couple of weeks ago on HF, another USAF a/c was asking Andrews AFB, if there were any "Shadow" missions on - the reply was that the only had recently landed at Ramstein AFB, then Friday night Andrews was transmitting blind for Shadow 42 to contact any Global HF station.
The callsign "ShadowXX" is used by fixed-wing gunships in support of special operation ground forces. Closer to home, certainly up until summer 2005, the USAF 352nd Special Operations Group based at Mildenhall used that callsign for their C130's.
CoastGuardJon,
Try this site,its a long one."www.Panix.com~clay/scanning frequencies/military/mil callsign.text".It gives all ops callsigns of active ops around the world.Hope this helps you.
Regards Terry.
I haven't seen any recently on MyFlights, but they were common a few months back, and I did a logo for the unofficial SHA callsign showing a Hercules gunship.
EDIT - the actual designation of the Shadow is MC-130P last one I registered was using the callsign SHADO 62 at the beginning of September.
Rod
Thanks Terry and Rod.
One for our friends down under,just caught R.A.A.F B-737,7CF85C,A36-001,this aircraft was just nearing Melbourne (i believe)on the Network.
Regards Terry.
P.S. Flight I.D. EVY55.
Hi again,
I`ve noticed in "my log" that there are two U.S Diplomatic aircraft using the same registration.
mode-s AE11F6+AE11F7
Both are using the registration 01-0041,Wonder if anyone would or could shed some light on this,as there is an entry for each individual craft. Is it the same craft using the different mode-s codes I ask myself,any theories Glyn?
Regards Terry.
Quote from: Terry on October 01, 2008, 06:52:34 PM
Both are using the registration 01-0041,Wonder if anyone would or could shed some light on this,as there is an entry for each individual craft. Is it the same craft using the different mode-s codes I ask myself,any theories Glyn?
Most transport aircraft have two transponders, normally used on alternate flights. In an ideal world, they should both be transmitting the same code :-)
Hi again,
Just found the answer to my question,the craft has been sending the wrong mode-s signal,wether or not on purpose is another matter.
Regards Terry.
Picked up ZE432 Today A BAC 111, the photo in RB shows the 111 with ETPS written on the side anyone any idea what this aircraft is used for ?
Hi there,
yes it stands for Empire Test Pilots School.
regards Terry.
Here`s one i picked up yesterday,
Its a lovely old bird,A179EC-N1944A,Douglas Dakota DC3,the U.S.model with BBMF stripes on it,Superb............
Quote from: Terry on October 01, 2008, 08:37:09 PM
Here`s one i picked up yesterday,
Its a lovely old bird,A179EC-N1944A,Douglas Dakota DC3,the U.S.model with BBMF stripes on it,Superb............
Ahh, the Dakota. My wife booked me a seat on G-AMPY on it's last day of passenger operations in July. Living only a few miles from Coventry I regularly get to see it (and G-AMRA) flying overhead and Atlantique's DC6. The Elektra's are in and out almost every night performing freight operations as well.
I breifly saw an old Polish Air Force MiG on the network flying over Greece last night but it timed out before I could get any details. Did anyone else notice it?
How lucky you are,
I`m not too far away from you to the south about 20 miles and i do see them coming over now and again.I caught G-AMRA on the 30-9th,and caught g-ampy on the 27-8th,beautiful birds.Ihave a very soft spot for all DC3s because my father was in the 1st.Airbourne Division during the war and used to jump from them so hence if i see one i stop dead and look in awe.
Regards Terry.
Hi Again,
I have a Greek Mil Mig in My Log but it conflicts as it states East German Air Force-4681E4-484,This may be the one,but i`m not sure,maybe someone else caught it and can confirm the details.
Regards Terry.
Quote from: Terry on October 01, 2008, 09:43:26 PM
I have a Greek Mil Mig in My Log but it conflicts as it states East German Air Force-4681E4-484,This may be the one,but i`m not sure,maybe someone else caught it and can confirm the details.
That code belongs to a Greek Air Force Embraer ERJ-135.
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the correction,maybe GAS has tried to match the nearest aircraft in its database,but never mind,appologies Testmonkey.
Regards Terry.
Don't think that's the one Terry.
I saw it on the network and double clicked on it to find it's location and it was definitely over central Greece and showing as Polish Air Force. I've just done a quick check on the web and looked through my Photo folder and can confirm it was a MiG-17, registration 418. Almost as soon as I'd clicked on it it timed out though and I wasn't able to capture the ModeS code.
Quote from: testmonkey on October 03, 2008, 07:11:28 PM
Don't think that's the one Terry.
I saw it on the network and double clicked on it to find it's location and it was definitely over central Greece and showing as Polish Air Force. I've just done a quick check on the web and looked through my Photo folder and can confirm it was a MiG-17, registration 418. Almost as soon as I'd clicked on it it timed out though and I wasn't able to capture the ModeS code.
The Polish Air Force must be in a bad way if it's still flying 50-year-old fighters ...
Must admit it did take me by surprise a little when I first saw it!
Anyway, done another search for info and it's a Poland Air Force PZL-Mielec Lim-5 (MiG-17F). The photo was taken on June 24th 2007 at Florennes (EBFS) Belgium when the plane was there taking part in celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the base.
I can only assume it was on its way to a display somewhere in Greece or the surrounding area. Either that or it really is tough times for the Polish Air Force and I spotted it just before the missile hit :)
Quote from: testmonkey on October 04, 2008, 12:19:32 AM
Must admit it did take me by surprise a little when I first saw it!
Anyway, done another search for info and it's a Poland Air Force PZL-Mielec Lim-5 (MiG-17F). The photo was taken on June 24th 2007 at Florennes (EBFS) Belgium when the plane was there taking part in celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the base.
I can only assume it was on its way to a display somewhere in Greece or the surrounding area. Either that or it really is tough times for the Polish Air Force and I spotted it just before the missile hit :)
I think you will find that this is a preserved, non-airworthy Lim-5. It usually lives in the Armed Forces Museum in Brussels:
http://milair.info/Picbase/v/Dbase/Europe/Poland/AirForce/Mig-17/418.jpg.html
Quote from: DaveReid on October 04, 2008, 09:11:34 AM
I think you will find that this is a preserved, non-airworthy Lim-5. It usually lives in the Armed Forces Museum in Brussels:
http://milair.info/Picbase/v/Dbase/Europe/Poland/AirForce/Mig-17/418.jpg.html
Well that photo was taken in December 2006 Dave and the one on airliners.net was June 2007. It looks airworthy in the 2007 photo although it could have been on static display. Either it's been returned to the air, another aircraft also has the serial 418 on it, the database is wrong or the aircraft that appeared on the network was sending an incorrect ModeS. The last 2 scenarios being the most probable explanation.
As I said it did seem a little out of place at the time.
Quote from: testmonkey on October 04, 2008, 05:21:06 PMEither it's been returned to the air, another aircraft also has the serial 418 on it, the database is wrong or the aircraft that appeared on the network was sending an incorrect ModeS. The last 2 scenarios being the most probable explanation.
Yes, I think you're right, it sounds like a database mis-match.
Looking at the photo on airliners.net, I would expect it was roaded to Florennes for temporary display at the TLP. There are a few clues in the photo to indicate that it hasn't joined the very few remaining flyable Mig-17s (lots of corroded fasteners, for example).
It's a shame you didn't get a Mode S code so we could positively ID what you saw on the screen.
Quote from: DaveReid on October 04, 2008, 06:59:43 PM
It's a shame you didn't get a Mode S code so we could positively ID what you saw on the screen.
Indeed! Our best hope is that the person who's box actually picked up this aircraft spots this thread and is able to check their logs to supply the ModeS code is question. Will probably turn out to be a 737 or something which would never get classed as 'interesting aircraft' for this thread anyway :)
An RAF aircraft with ModeS code of 43C140 with callsign WOMBLE69 on Squawk 0031. Any ideas?
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2917610457_81ef843275_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/2917610457/sizes/o/)
Quote from: tarbat on October 06, 2008, 10:14:54 AM
An RAF aircraft with ModeS code of 43C140 with callsign WOMBLE69 on Squawk 0031. Any ideas?
Interesting - that squawk is allocated to "aircraft receiving a radar service from D & D centre".
Whatever-it-was looks to have proceeded southbound according to PlanePlotter, last picked up about 45 minutes ago by a Worcs user. descending through FL100 from FL220 (presumably a turboprop of some description).
Here is a couple of interesting aircraft that popped up this morning an hour apart of each other,Two U2s.
AE094C/68-10336
AE0962/80-1089
Dont know if they were en route to EGVA or just passing through?.
Terry.
I missed catching this one live yesterday :(
Oh - I see I've got that in MyFlights, too.
With that and the U-2's, there's a lot of high-altitude activity going on - wonder what's happening up there!
Rod
It has been a very interesting week military wise for me as so far i have picked up a USAF G5 with ADSB flying over on Sunday, plus I have also recorded on MyLog a Polish AF Mig 29 , a Qineteq Alpha Jet and a RAF C130 flying over Sussex at 1600ft (confirmed by my son who was at his girlfirends house when it flew over.) amongst the many other regulars
Yes Tommyg its been manic down this way too,
I think this has been a truly fantastic week,I`ve had all sorts,even 2 Sea Kings go over my house followed 20 min later by 2 Harriers at very low level doing a mock strike on a school a mile away,i watched them for 10 min before they took off back down the NATO corridor,then 1 hr later i had the squawk 7003 and 30 sec later over went the Red Arrows(superb).I`ve had this RB since July(i and my mate Glyn bought one each)and "My Log" has already got nearly 11,000 entries, this is a fantastic hobby my friend.
Regards Terry.
Hi again,
Thought this one was a bit funny.
A36D13/MAGIC32/N32MJ
The MJ shoud give it away,i started to laugh when i saw the following:
"Magic Johnson Entertainment" should have stuck to basketball?
Hi Terry
I saw the Magic Johnson plane back in March - hope you got the "spoof" logo that I did for it - it was released with RB Version 2!
Rod
Thats what made me laugh Rod.
The photo does him a bit of justice,but avery comical pose.
Terry.
I`ve just noticed 6 aircraft over UUDD in Russia,looks as though a station has popped up there,or i haven`t noticed it before?
Terry.
P.S. Just caught 2 aircraft going over Washington,another RB fired up i ask?.
Quote from: tarbat on October 06, 2008, 10:14:54 AM
An RAF aircraft with ModeS code of 43C140 with callsign WOMBLE69 on Squawk 0031. Any ideas?
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2917610457_81ef843275_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/2917610457/sizes/o/)
This callsign belongs to a Tornado GR4
The NASA WB-57 is somewhere over central UK at the moment :-)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/2934979062_7ffdf89c95.jpg)
I logged it between 17:54 and 18:30 today over the West Midlands.
Unfortunately not with a callsign or ADSB, however over Southern England I just recieved A7D9DD N605AL DC8-70 of ATI decending through 18000ft. Possibly on a Military charter into Mildenhall??
From the fire areas in Cailfornia -
I heard two pilots coming into KVNY Van Nuys on Unicom - one of them flying a Gulfstream V, say that it was interesting being instructed to actually descend on route for the first time for clearance of a UAV coming south 'around' FL400.'
Nothing showing up on RB except a recent NASA T-38 Talon intermittently out at about 113 miles north (if the range can be taken seriously) but I did hear a fire helo pilot here talking to fixed-wing air tanker operations (a DC-10) advising that the TFR was being raised to 8000 feet and that Ikhana (assuming the Ikhana/Predator B UAV from Dryden) would be too 'high' over the fire areas to be a traffic factor.
No mention of it on Drydens or NASA's site as far as flight plan though so I don't know. Be cool to catch a Predator in the logs!
Turns out Ikhana did not fly yesterday - checked with a friend at NASA. No idea what the UAV was then. Probably usual testing at Edwards or nearby.
AE094B Registration 68-10331 A/C Name: Lockheed U-2S USAF
FL600, Squawk 4444
The one and only Vulcan flew right over my house this morning (aprox 1145 Hrs BST north hampshire). Absolutely nothing on RB. Anyone know why?
The Vulcan should appear in the MyFlights list, but it will not appear on the map.
Of course, it is possible that the Mode S transponder was either switched off or not functioning.
It was MyFlights list I was referring to. Obviouly conserving power in this green age. Pity - I would have like to have had a record of it on RB.
Have you checked MyLog for today just in case you had any filters set in the MyFlights aircraft list?
Also, make sure that the aircraft didn't appear without the details - I can't remember the Mode S hex code, but it might be there without the registration and aircraft details.
Edit: I think that the Mode S code is 40109F
INSERT INTO aircraft (MS, AR, AT, AN, AC, CN, PT, LK, PT2, LK2) VALUES ('40109F', 'G-VLCN', 'VLCN', 'Avro Vulcan B2', 'Vulcan To The Sky Trust', '12-XH558', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);
COMMIT;
Is that really the only Vulcan remaining? Or figure of speech? Man she is stunning!
Hi Oceans 777, XH558 is the only one that is certified airworthy - following a multi-million rebuild, funded mainly by vountary and public subscription - the RAF couldn't justify the cost. There are others on the ground, like our (British public owned - BA only paid something like £1 per aircraft) Concordes, unlike the French A/C which I understand could be put back into service very quickly and easily. Ours are being left to rot - am I bitter, you bet the hell I am! One of the Vulcans was actually being flown with a Concorde Oympus 593 engine strapped to its wing - the sound of that was pretty fantastic, but nothing could touch 002 (British prototype)
Wow that is amazing. A shame to let the Vulcans go, nothing else like it on earth. Surely some wealthy private investor (from South Africa of course) will step in and restore more...
Thanks for explaining it to me CoastGuardJon.
The XXH558 was on its way from Brize Norton(after fitting a new engine)home to Bruntingthorpe but there are fears due to sponsorship,that she will not fly again?
Regards Terry.
Quote from: Terry on October 16, 2008, 02:42:59 PM
The XXH558 was on its way from Brize Norton(after fitting a new engine)home to Bruntingthorpe but there are fears due to sponsorship,that she will not fly again?
Regards Terry.
I think it's gone to Farnborough and is going back to Brunty on Saturday.
Thanks tarbat, I put G-vlcn into the registration and there she was. How I missed it I simply don't know. Overwhelmed by the visual sight, no doubt.
Hi All,
Untill sofar unknown reg flying around overhere in Europe: OK-TEC. Anyone any idea about this?
Hi John,
I've got this as a Reims F172K.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Tec-Air)/Reims-F172K/1289647/L/&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=26&sok=WHERE__(photo_date__%3D_%27March_31,_2007%27)_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&prev_id=1290557&next_id=1281405
Quote from: Allocator on October 18, 2008, 09:12:14 AMI've got this as a Reims F172K.
Hi Allocator,
Thank you, and so it is in the ANRB database as well with "..." as aircraftcode,
But the OK-TEC I see is flying with CSA flightid's all the time so that suggest it is a pax jet..........
Now I check my records I see that you are correct John!
http://www.airframes.org/ has 49D0A3 as a B737 reg OK-XGC and so does the GAS database at http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modeslookup.asp
I think that I'll do a manual update here :-)
Currently showing 2 KC135's at 26000 & 26500 both squarking 4610.
This from Hexham in the Tyne Valley.
Just entered MyFlights over the Midlands. Reg A6-HLA Douglas DC-8-63CF, Mode-S 8960BE, Callsign DUB010. Registered to HVL - Heavylift International, built 1969.
Quote from: Bethsalem on October 18, 2008, 05:42:48 PMReg A6-HLA Douglas DC-8-63CF, Mode-S 8960BE, Callsign DUB010. Registered to HVL - Heavylift International, built 1969.
No - it's C-130 Hercules A6-QFY.
I think you might be mistaken DaveReid. This DC-8 is usually based in the UAE, but visits ATC Lasham near Basingstoke for periodic maintenance.
Quote from: Bethsalem on October 18, 2008, 10:24:50 PM
I think you might be mistaken DaveReid. This DC-8 is usually based in the UAE, but visits ATC Lasham near Basingstoke for periodic maintenance.
C-130 A6-QFY landed at Dublin shortly after 1900 local this evening, departed again about an hour later. Logged overflying the UK on both legs at FL180/300kt and FL190/350kt respectively.
If it was a DC-8 there must have been a helluva headwind up there ... :-)
I think your both right,
Go look on "Airframes.Org",put in Mod-S code and three a/c are using that code and are active?
A6-HLA DC8
A6-MAH Hawker 800XL
A6-QFY C-130H
All use the Hex 8960BE.
Regards Terry.
I'm a comparative newbie, so be gentle with me if this is a stupid question. Why aren't unique codes used - surely any duplication (triplication in this case) could give rise to confusion and potentially dangerous situations?
CoastGuardJon,
I was thinking exactly the same as you,but i thought with Bethsalem and DaveReid having different A/C for that code i`d take a look on "Airframes .Org",and thats what came back,but i`ve had 2 sensitive A/C(Military)both using the same code,strange but there you go,maybe there`s an RB user who can enlighten us both on this subject out there?
Regards Terry.
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on October 19, 2008, 12:24:18 PMsurely any duplication (triplication in this case) could give rise to confusion and potentially dangerous situations?
Yes it can and no it shouldn't happen. National CAAs and military authorities are supposed to ensure that, at a given point in time, a specific code is only used by/allocated to a single aircraft.
Sometimes the system breaks down.
Hi All,
After all KLM MD-11's fitted with ADS-B equipment now it looks the GEC (Lufthansa Cargo) MD-11's are coming up now.
My first GEC MD-11 tonight on the anrb-screen: D-ALCJ as GEC8211 KDFW-EDDF.
Hi,
Just caught a nice little A/C in W.Australia,
Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Australia
Beech Super King Air
VH-FDG/BB-1172
Hex-7C192C
looking at the right place at the right time ,
Regards Terry.
Just got my new RadarBox installed last night, and the second aircraft I picked up was MAGIC32, a corporate jet owned by Magic Johnson, the ex NBA star. What a way to initiate my RadarBox.
Hi and welcome, Ruegway!
Good start, eh? - hope you liked the special "logo" that I did for him!
Rod
Yeah, that was neat with his picture imedded in the logo. I think I'm going to like this new toy, even if I am in the middlle of the US, far from any major airports.
Wayne
That wasn't you, near Albuquerqe, was it?
Rod
No, I am in Southern Indiana, near Evansville. I was only on about an hour last night, after downloading software and logging on for the first time. I am using an Imac, and it made the install more......interesting! No problems encountered, however. Tonight, I try and run ACARS with Radarbox--we'll see what happens.
Wayne
We'll watch out for you, Wayne - Good luck!
Rod
I was lucky enough today to catch the NASA WB-57F high altitude research aircraft returning from a sortie to RAF Mildenhall. Only two examples of this aircraft exist. It's a highly modified version of the English Electric Canberra bomber, built for NASA by the Martin Aircraft Company. Click on the links below the thumbnails for larger versions.
(http://www.viking9.co.uk/NASAWB57F_tn.jpg) (http://www.viking9.co.uk/NASAWB57F_1_tn.jpg)
http://www.viking9.co.uk/NASAWB57F.jpg (http://www.viking9.co.uk/NASAWB57F.jpg)
http://www.viking9.co.uk/NASAWB57F_1.jpg (http://www.viking9.co.uk/NASAWB57F_1.jpg)
Tom
Very nice pictures Tom. I've picked this up on RB, but haven't been lucky enough to see it in the flesh.
Excellent Tom, brings back memories for me.
Kevin
Great pics, Tom - thanks for posting them.
Rod
Hello Tom
You Lucky standing on the outside, I work on Mildenhall base and I can see it in the hanger, but if i was to take a camera near it, they would shoot me.
Nice Photo's Tom
Andy
Excuse my ignorance but how long is the NASA WB57 here for and why is it here?
Thanks.
Quote from: Tailwinds on November 13, 2008, 10:27:39 AM
Excuse my ignorance but how long is the NASA WB57 here for and why is it here?
A flight crew from Johnson Space Center in Houston arrived at Mildenhall on Oct. 8 to begin a monthlong operation, which involves sending a two-man team in a WB-57 aircraft to an altitude of 50,000 feet to capture the microscopic particles.
See NASA at Mildenhall to trace space dust (http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=58244) - the worlds most expensive vacuum cleaner!!!
tarbat....
thanks for your answer and for providing the link. Interesting stuff indeed.
Quote from: tarbat on November 13, 2008, 10:38:27 AM
A flight crew from Johnson Space Center in Houston arrived at Mildenhall on Oct. 8 to begin a monthlong operation, which involves sending a two-man team in a WB-57 aircraft to an altitude of 50,000 feet to capture the microscopic particles.
See NASA at Mildenhall to trace space dust (http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=58244) - the worlds most expensive vacuum cleaner!!!
Shame Concorde's not aloft anymore, could've done the job 4x faster! :-)
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on November 13, 2008, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: tarbat on November 13, 2008, 10:38:27 AM
A flight crew from Johnson Space Center in Houston arrived at Mildenhall on Oct. 8 to begin a monthlong operation, which involves sending a two-man team in a WB-57 aircraft to an altitude of 50,000 feet to capture the microscopic particles.
See NASA at Mildenhall to trace space dust (http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=58244) - the worlds most expensive vacuum cleaner!!!
Shame Concorde's not aloft anymore, could've done the job 4x faster! :-)
And far cheaper, with passengers on board?
Interesting Registration. Landed at Inverness.
The same operator also has Avantis D-INKY and D-IIVA ...
Had a couple of Bulgarian Air Force Aircraft on the screen today:-
First showed as an SU-25K Mode S 342197
Second showed as a Mig-29 Mode S 3F4C31
Has anyone else seen these - Wrong country showed on the MyList report - Spain?
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay in replying. My PC failed to start after an overnight Vista update. My Ghost backup CD wouldn't boot and I had to rebuild everything by hand. :-(
I understand that NASA926NA is due to return to her base on Saturday but one can never be sure with that bird. Thanks for your kind comments on the photos.
Tom
Hi Jgrloit
I looked up the "Mig-29" 3F4C31 on airframes.org - turns out to be a German Air Force Canadair Challenger!
I suggest you look up the other one there as well.
Rod
The NASA WB57 ACD5A1 N926A is up again squawking 6407 at FL470 - just changed squawk to 5013.
Thanks for the headsup - now tracking N926A on Planeplotter. I wish it would head a bit further north.
Just reviewing my log & guess what's popped over the me too :)
Quote from: nbquidditch on November 16, 2008, 10:56:00 AM
Just reviewing my log & guess what's popped over the me too :)
A/C Type (ICAO) is WB57, BTW.
She's on her way home to the States.
Tom
I tracked her from Bucks, next week I go on holiday to TX and will visit Ellington field, hope to see her there.
Lucky man :0)
Tom
Just picked this one up :-)
Just picked up a RAF VC10 squawking 1321, callsign 8GG60, code comes back as NATO air policing(air defence priority flights) any ideas what that lot means?
Quote from: Allocator
Just picked this one up :-)
Are you near STANTA? One flew over my house towards STANTA this morning. I understand there is an exercise on at the moment.
Tom
I'M UP ON THE north east coast near Sunderland, we get the VC10's but not showing callsigns, and the squawk code is different too. Could be for the ex though.
Quote from: besty8 on December 11, 2008, 10:38:52 PM
I'M UP ON THE north east coast near Sunderland, we get the VC10's but not showing callsigns, and the squawk code is different too. Could be for the ex though.
My question was for Allocator.
Tom
sorry my mistake
Quote from: viking9 on December 11, 2008, 10:35:57 PM
Quote from: Allocator
Just picked this one up :-)
Are you near STANTA? One flew over my house towards STANTA this morning. I understand there is an exercise on at the moment.
Tom
No, I'm in NW London at the moment, near Uxbridge.
Quote from: besty8 on December 11, 2008, 10:19:11 PM
Just picked up a RAF VC10 squawking 1321, callsign 8GG60, code comes back as NATO air policing(air defence priority flights) any ideas what that lot means?
I believe a VC10 is maintiained on alert at BZN, at I think 30 mins notice to launch, to support Tornados and Eurofighters on Quick Reaction Alert flights that intercept unidentified aircraft. This may be one of those.
I have a Nigerian reg a/c over North Devon with mode s of 0640A9 & flight I/D SBI belonging to S7 Airline (?) Any one got any ideas?
http://www.airframes.org/reg/5nblc
Formerly S7 B735 VP-BSV, test flying from Lasham where it's been for the last year.
Thanks, nice to have friends. Must learn how to send sceenshots to save my typeing.
CBEE3C T.17-03 B703 2008/12/12 11:10:00
This was a little earlier
Just had a brief hit in the north London area with Mode S 738A4A indicating Israel Mil.
Nothing on GAS or airframes.org, so no idea what this was
Hi
Don't now if anybody got any details this lunch time, Air Force One Landed @ Mildenhall with Mr Bush on board, took on some gas then off it went, think it was there about 1 hr
Andy
Hi Andy,
Yes I got it in my log:
ADFDF8, c/s AF1, 82-8000, Boeing VC-25A (747-2G4B), first time 13:57:07, last time 14:18:50.
Tom
Yep I got this!
Quote from: Allocator on December 15, 2008, 07:10:49 PM
Just had a brief hit in the north London area with Mode S 738A4A indicating Israel Mil.
Nothing on GAS or airframes.org, so no idea what this was
The mode S yahoo group has this as Israel Air Force GLF5 Nachshon 679 which according to that site visited Heathrow Royal Suite this afternoon.
Thanks for that. I'm just north of Heathrow and picked this up in the evening, so that would tie in with its departure later in the day I'd guess.
Quote from: ACW367 on December 16, 2008, 01:29:35 AMThe mode S yahoo group has this as Israel Air Force GLF5 Nachshon 679 which according to that site visited Heathrow Royal Suite this afternoon.
Landed just after 7pm, due out 11:30 tomorrow (Wednesday) according to the LHR List.
HTH
Dave
Got this today! One of my favourite Aircraft!
Nice catch. Was she in England?
Tom
Yes! I'm literally smack in the middle. About 10NM from EGBE (Coventry) :)
Possibly on her way to Exeter for her annual maintenance checks.
Tom
Interesting combination still onscreen, looking North from Hexham - Tyne Valley.
2 KC135 and a DC10 Extender, been onscreen at approx FL300 for last 15 mns or so.
Probable AF1 flotilla around!!!!
Hello jgrloit
Can you tell me how you get 2 KC135 and a DC10 to show on your screen
Cheers
Now lost previous tankers, but gained a Stratotanker varient on KC135.
Looks like a large number of movements somewhere over the pond!!!
I was just watching the local input.
As I said I have a good view North from Hexham, Tyne Valley.
Normal range of view at FL370 is Beyond Glasgow on the West coast to Arbroath on East Coast.
I run with NO filters selected and watch Myflights.
I use the supplied aerial indoors, in a window, Stone Building, View mainly North.
Usually catch Civil flights as they pass Penrith, and Teeside.
Ok jgrloit
I work at Mildenhall and got worried I might just be busy this afternoon on my late shift.............lol
Andy
IL76 VDA4832 RA-76951 out of Stanstead (I think) with full ADS-B - nice :-)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/3150988301_b3aec5f7ac.jpg)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/3150988301_84b2c7f33c_o.jpg
That lovely little Cessna 172P Shyhawk2 G-BRZS with full ADS-B is up an about at the moment showing on the map just to the west of WAL heading towards the N Wales Coast at 1,140 ft and 110 knts.
If only all light aircraft owners would fit ADS-B :-)
Excellent to see a GA aircraft using ADS-B. Lets hope thats the first of many to come.
" I wish all light aircraft would fit mode S"
I have a share in a D-Reg B209 Monsun,we fitted a Trig mode S six months ago ,including the fitting and paperwork it came to £2500 !.Contary to popular opinion most flyers at the light end are not wealthy and tend to fly very cheaply (typicaly the casts are £90 per month and £50 to £60 per hour for a share in a small aircraft) We chose to fit mode S because our old Mode C had stopped reporting altitude (which makes ATC nervous when you are close to class A airspace) We like to fly to europe and some european countries that dont have a history of light aviation try to restrict non mode S aircraft.
Additionally some light aircraft are unable to be fitted with ModeS due lack of power supply or space or weight constaints.
As time goes by more pressure will be applied by the airlines who wish to fly to smaller airfields without class A airspace to have more aircraft fitted because it is compatable with thier TCAS.This will restrict the variety of GA you see now
Nick
Hi there,
I`ve been tracking a USAF C-37A for a while now,its west of S/Ireland at the moment,its in the a/c list on the network,wonder if anyone else is tracking it.C/S SPAR 70.01-0076.F/L 430.
Regards Terry.
P.S. Looks like a diplomatic flight going back to the states.
Hi Terry,
Yes, saw it overhead Compton westbound an hour earlier. This is my second recent USAF military C37 (Gulf 5) using full ADSB and hence plotted on the radar screen - saw 99-0402 c/s SAM3943 also westbound on 27/12.
Regards, Roger
Nice one Roger,
Its nice to see mil a/c showing up on full ADSB,one can only hope the mil top brass put more of them on it?
Regards Terry.
Here's one:
Rod
Rod,
Are you sure he was transmitting full ADS-B, there is not enough info in your picture to show that. I track these WC/RC-135s a lot and have never seen one give positional data. Normally it's just the smaller comms aircraft of the USAF that transmit positional data.
Tom
No Tom, Mode-S only.
On a related topic, do you know why the E-6 Mercuries regularly do use full ADS-B - it's very nice of them, but it goes against convention.
Rod
Hi Rod,
No, I have no idea why the Mercuries do that. Considering their role I'm amazed that they do. Some of the othe USN aircraft do too e.g. the C-9 Nightingales.
I had a C-17 in my area RCH3113 a few minutes ago which has disappeared. London Mil have been calling him on the Guard freq but he is not replying. I've heard MARHAM56 calling him too.
Tom
Four interesting aircraft on 15 Jan over Southern England
04C044 KQA738 CYYR-EGLL 5Y-KYE B738 Kenya Airways -delivery
AD5C41 N906BB N960BB (to be EY-777) B738 Somon Air - delivery
09E066 CUB441 LFPO-MUHA S9-DBY B763 STP Airways
5080DE UR-65556 T134 Ukraine Air Enterprise
I also picked up all five A380s that transit UK in one day
76CD61 SIA318 WSSS-EGLL 9V-SKA A380 Singapore Airlines
76CD64 SIA322 WSSS-EGLL 9V-SKD A380 Singapore Airlines
8960E3 UAE3 OMDB-EGLL A6-EDB A380 Emirates
8960E4 UAE1 OMDB-EGLL A6-EDC A380 Emirates
8960E5 UAE202 KJFK-OMDB A6-EDD A380 Emirates
Hi Folks
Two firsts for me and I think worthy of note.
088003 5V-TGE Boeing 707-3L6B Republique of Togolaise
AA90AO N780BA Boeing 747-409(LCF) Dreamlifter.
Hope this is of use I certainly rate them as good catches.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 17, 2009, 01:52:56 PM
Hi Folks
Two firsts for me and I think worthy of note.
088003 5V-TGE Boeing 707-3L6B Republique of Togolaise
AA90AO N780BA Boeing 747-409(LCF) Dreamlifter.
Hope this is of use I certainly rate them as good catches.
John
Did you see them? I also saw both on 'My Flights' but never saw them! :-(
Nice to pick them up though....
5V-TGE has been re-registered TZ-TAC and is now with the Government of Mali. It is still using the wrong mode S code from its time in Togo. You may with to update your Navdata log.
Still a great catch with its new identity though.
Cheers ACW367. It is a nice catch indeed the 707 is still a classic airframe. Thanks for the update.
John
Was this the 707 - at Brize. From another forum
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/jonesy1275/NY0L4065.jpg)
I saw G-LSAB Jet2 757 at FL18 descending into BZZ this morning but no 707!
Hi There,
Anyone caught this a/c,Saudi Ministry of Defence,A340,C/N004.HZ-124,its just north of birmingham at present.
Regards Terry.
I caught Dreamlifter N780BA several times. Last time was yesterday (17/01)
Route : LIBG (Grottaglie) to KCHS (Charleston Afb/Intl).
Hi again,
Just caught NATO-05 AWACS/LX-N90442/4D03C0.Anyone else catch it?
Regards Terry.
There's been a Nato AWACS broken at Mildenhall for about the last 6-7 day, Could have been that one. They were working on it last night to get it ready.
Many thanks for the info Andy,saw a B52 go over here yesterday from Fairford heading N-E at altitude,i`m in N.Oxfordshire and see many craft going into and out of Brize,Benson and Fairford.
Regards Terry.
Yesterday I caught the new Qantas Airbus A380-842 (VH-OQC) on the route EGLL-WSSS-YSSY.
Can anyone confirm it's the first flight on this route ?
Many thanks in advance
Hosch
Yes, OQC was the first QF fltight into LHR yesterday, saw it depart on 27R past my office window. VH-OQA was the one that operated todays (18th) service.
For info Thai A340's operating into LHR this month as well
I cannot confirm this,but someone surely will.I flew on one of Singapore airlines A380s in November from LHR to Changi,wow what a plane,very quiet,smooth and the pilot made up one and a half hours.Boeing definetely has some competition now.
Regards Terry.
Thursday's events also demonstrate the robust nature of the European as opposed to Boeing products?
Without Boeing and Airbus our RB screens would look empty ;-)
Hosch
Just tracked and saw RA67216 CL604 Tatarstan Govt travelling N.E over LHR :-)
I`ve picked it up,off the East coast now.
Thanks for that one Tramline.
Regards Terry.
A couple of pics I took yesterday of one of two B-1B Lancer bombers of the USAF, 86-0109/DY and 86/0124/DY, taking off from RAF Mildenhall. Both aircraft had been there since landing at 01:15 on Friday morning. The aircraft had been unable to RV with two KC-135 tankers over the Atlantic at around 21:00 due to extreme turbulence and plans were made for another RV at ARA8 off the east coast but a series of fronts moving through the area put paid to that and the tankers returned to Mildenhall at 00:30. The Lancers continued on their way to their original destination (rumoured to be a sandy place) at 12:15 yesterday.
Sadly, you'll never catch these aircraft on your RB.
http://www.viking9.co.uk/b-1b4.jpg
http://www.viking9.co.uk/b-1b2.jpg
The B-1B is about the loudest aircraft I've ever seen, the displays at Mildenhall were quite amazing in that respect.
Quote from: Fenris on January 25, 2009, 05:44:01 PM
The B-1B is about the loudest aircraft I've ever seen, the displays at Mildenhall were quite amazing in that respect.
Hi Brian, to say that you could never have heard Concorde 002 - that you could feel as much as hear!
Superb couple of photos Tom, you jammy b*gger.
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on January 25, 2009, 08:14:17 PM
Quote from: Fenris on January 25, 2009, 05:44:01 PM
The B-1B is about the loudest aircraft I've ever seen, the displays at Mildenhall were quite amazing in that respect.
Hi Brian, to say that you could never have heard Concorde 002 - that you could feel as much as hear!
Superb couple of photos Tom, you jammy b*gger.
I only ever saw the production Concordes, the prototypes were never around where I was in the early 70s. They production aircraft were much quieter because of the improved secondary nozzle mixing cool air into the exhaust on takeoff.
I suppose that the lower thrust of the B-1B's F101 engines was made up for by the proximity, I've only seen Concordes at greater distance, with the exception of the final departure from Birmingham International but then the aircraft was so light that reheat was not used for the departure.
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on January 25, 2009, 08:14:17 PMHi Brian, to say that you could never have heard Concorde 002 - that you could feel as much as hear!
Great memories of a Concorde at an airshow in the early 70s doing low passes - awesome.
Very interesting aircraft flying over Luxembourg for the whole day :
Boeing E-3A Sentry (707-300) Registration : LX-N90453
Of course no position indication (29000 feet)
Hope to have a photo taken some day !
Hosch
Hosch,
That's a frequent visitor to these shores, sometimes doing circuits and bumps and landing at EGUN.
Tom
What about our good friend the Vulcan and English Electric Lightning,when Gaydon was operational the Vulcan was a regular visitor as too the lightning on their show day,both would shake your stomach and one could feel the friction fropm the movement of air around your ears,RAW POWER!
Quote from: Terry on January 26, 2009, 06:34:08 PM
What about our good friend the Vulcan and English Electric Lightning,when Gaydon was operational the Vulcan was a regular visitor as too the lightning on their show day,both would shake your stomach and one could feel the friction fropm the movement of air around your ears,RAW POWER!
Terry,
You can still experience the Lightning at full reheat on open days at Brunty and hopefully the XH588 will be on the display circuit this year. There's also the Victor for full power runs at Brunty.
Tom
Thanks for the info Tom,
Will keep an eye out for the dates,Also i remember the Lightnings having a race with 2 Phantoms and 2 Voodos down the runwayat Upper Heyford ,by the time the USAF had turned at the bottom of the runway the Lightnings were up at 10,000ft.After this the announcer(American of course) disqualified the R.A.F on the grounds they were flying too fast,turned out they were only just sub sonic going down and back up the runway
Although probably common in Cambs, I saw KC135 63-8879 at FL350 tracking right overhead my house routing overhead LHR - Lands End ( or down that part of the world). I saw 63-8879 alert in My Flights and was staring up at the sky to see this 'this squat 4 big engined' bird - and to my shame I thought it was a A380 but lo and behold.....
For me, she was an interesting A/c. Perhaps she was off to Lajes? Do many track overhead LHR enroute the 'Hall?
KC-135s and other aircraft departing EGUN for Lands End would not normally go near Heathrow but rather the DIKAS- GITUS route. However, with tanker operations, as with all military aviation, there may be times when they would do so.
Tom
In the good old days inbound and outbound to EGUN used to route over LHR. Still occasionally do. Couple of years back we had a tanher and LN F15s. Last autumn the Italian Typhoons routed over here. ALso the set of B1s that went east from EGUN departed over LHR. So yep on rare occasions you can see them.
Also at the moment I have a hex code of 000000 with a squak of 1001. Is this someone testing a Smode transmitter. Leave near Fairoaks where it is remoured they are fitting SMode to Navy and Army Lynx
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on January 29, 2009, 03:05:39 PM
In the good old days inbound and outbound to EGUN used to route over LHR. Still occasionally do. Couple of years back we had a tanher and LN F15s. Last autumn the Italian Typhoons routed over here. ALso the set of B1s that went east from EGUN departed over LHR. So yep on rare occasions you can see them.
I'm located in Staines so we probably see the same stuff. An Apache flew low near me and never showed up at all.
Also at the moment I have a hex code of 000000 with a squak of 1001. Is this someone testing a Smode transmitter. Leave near Fairoaks where it is remoured they are fitting SMode to Navy and Army Lynx
Graham
Spotted this kicking about on a Friday evening thought it was a little strange.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3239157379_d57e575b82.jpg)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3239157379_d57e575b82_b.jpg
I picked him up at 11000feet through to 29000.
Yes, I have caught that chap yesterday and today. :-)
Quote from: besty8 on January 30, 2009, 10:09:32 PM
Spotted this kicking about on a Friday evening thought it was a little strange.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3239157379_d57e575b82.jpg)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3239157379_d57e575b82_b.jpg
I picked him up at 11000feet through to 29000.
R1? Doesn't that mean someone has to come and shoot you now you've seen it?
I've picked up one of the two A10's (81-0966) that night stopped at Mildenhall last night, this morning at 10am.
I'm listening to the A10 on Radar/PAR to Leeming at the moment.
Excellent - I have picked up A10's before when they've been over, but not for a long time.
Hi there,
Just caught 2 Japenese Air Force 747s, JAF 001,87C000,20-1101 & JAF 002.87C001,20-1102, 01 is off the polish coast & 02 is over NE Germany at this time.
Regards Terry.
Boxer45 USAF B73B 02-0202 FL320 just passed LHR to CPT - No trail though
400D98 G-SIRA E135 09/02/03. It's operated by Amsair (owner Alan Michael Sugar, hence the SIR-A registration) Outbound from BHD George Best Airport using c/s TWIN JET 2.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 03, 2009, 07:34:50 PM
400D98 G-SIRA E135 09/02/03. It's operated by Amsair (owner Alan Michael Sugar, hence the SIR-A registration)
Now that's just plane ostentatious!
AE147A CNV4303 166693 2009/02/03 saw this USAF Boeing C40-A similar I believe to Tramline's Boxer 45 above.
John
Sorry re CNV4303 above as I see it is a US Navy flight thanks to Rod Bearden's excellent logos. CNV - U.S. Navy Reserve Logistic Air Forces
John,
Just for info - the CNV stands for 'Convoy', so his callsign is actually Convoy 4303.
Tom
RAF unusually busy for a Friday night, WAD 51 Nimrod R1(XW665) and E3D (ZH106) both flying tonight.
Nimrod c/s is Vulcan 51. He's working the East coast, training.
Tom
There's a Saudi Air Force Gulfstream IV HZ-103 descending thro' 5,000' on my RB squawking 5745 (Orcam - Geneva).
Tom
Thanks for that Tom, you got him on freq? where do you live? I'm not picking up the Saudi here.
just spotted your location on your post.
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
No, I haven't got him on the radio. He is in MyFlights. I'm in Bury St Edmunds, see sig block below.
Tom
Stuart, sorry, I did have the Nimrod earlier on London Mil.
Tom
Hi Tom spotted your location on your previous post just as i sent my reply. Nice website good looking pics. Not to worry maybe another day.
Stuart
From the plot in MyCircles (admittedly not very accurate) it looks as if the Saudi might have gone in to Northolt or Heathrow. I lost him at 4,000 ft.
Tom
Quote from: besty8 on February 06, 2009, 10:47:33 PM
Hi Tom spotted your location on your previous post just as i sent my reply. Nice website good looking pics. Not to worry maybe another day.
Stuart
Thanks Stuart. Wherever he's gone he'll probably be up tomorrow.
Tom
Another interesting one - Gulfstream 550 N676RW at 26,725. Squawking 7630 but transmitting no other info. Owner is shown in airframes.org as TVPX / Stallion Acquisitions. USA reg info says 'Aircraft Type - Government'. Suspiciously like one of those MIB types.
Tom
Anyone thought how the rich relax in flight?, take a look at this a/c, ROJO3-ROYAL JET-A6 AIN-89650B,AT THE MOMENT IN N-E IRAQ,Oh to hit the lottery,in my dreams ha! ha!
Regards Terry.
The Bundespolizei Super Puma is out and about again - with full ADS-B information :-)
Another interesting one; 484607, Dornier 228-212, PH-CGN c/s NCG01 currently flying along the Dutch coast at 955 ft.
Just checked his squawk, it's 5177 which is the Control and Reporting Centre at RAF Boulmer.
Tom
Airforce 2, carrying the US Vice President is descending to Mildenhall at this time. Mode S is ADFEB8 Boeing C-32A 98-0002.
Tom
I hope this isn't a stupid question, I noted the Mode S code ADFEB8 (todays date) is this a unique code created for this flight/day or remains the same and is just a coincidence?
John
AE189A - C/S SPAR12 a C-40, 737-7DM BBJ currently somewhere over Scotland. Any ideas of destination?
Mode-S not yet on RB Servers!!
John - well spotted!
I'm sure it's pure coincidence - I guess it must have had that Mode S code since it was delivered - unfortunately for the theory, in May 1998 (according to Airframes.org)
Perhaps, like the British Queen, it has, as well as its delivery date, an official birthday, and today's the day!
Rod
Quote from: viking9 on February 06, 2009, 11:08:16 PM
Another interesting one - Gulfstream 550 N676RW at 26,725. Squawking 7630 but transmitting no other info. Owner is shown in airframes.org as TVPX / Stallion Acquisitions. USA reg info says 'Aircraft Type - Government'. Suspiciously like one of those MIB types.
Tom
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=676RW
N676RW Belongs to the COCA COLA Company I've got a photo of same @ Luton (EGGW) but that just might be a cunning disguise :o)
YR-BIC just heading westbound over southwest. Shows S mode as 4A0923. Any ideas as to what aircraft this is ? Any help much appreciated.
Regards
Rural Outpost
A Google search shows this:
http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b737ng-33019.htm
Allocator,
Thanks for your reply
Rural Outpost
I've just had a US registered helicopter on London Mil and on PlanePlotter. It was an Augusta A119 Koala, modeS A04E7C, reg N119JT. Two sharers were showing him, one in Essex and one in Suffolk at 400 ft. He didn't show up on my RB.
Anyone got him before or have any idea why this aircraft, registered to Skyrunner Aviation of Wilmington DE, USA is swanning around the Suffolk countyside on a Sunday?
Tom
Hi Tom,
The usual legal device which permits a foreigner to own a N reg aircraft is to register a trust in Delaware which legally owns the aircraft. In this case I believe the Augusta is based at Binham near Fakenham.
Cheers
Keith
Keith,
Many thanks for that very useful piece of information.
Tom
New one - also an error somewhere.
3B77FB - showing flight ID of CTM1011 Heading for Edinburgh - at present -
Airnav servers show as South African Buccaneer
Airframes details as a French Air Force A310.
the photo however is not a south african bucc but an s2 cant see if its an a b or cbird but def not southafrican
The US Navy E6s are up and about at the moment - 4 at once, and all of them over the USA, three of them around Pax River.
Rod
New one for me both Aircraft and owner /operator. 4CC1BC TF-NPA Icejet Avcraft 328-310.
John
Just had one E6 over Iraq,but just lost it.
Quote from: RodBearden on February 15, 2009, 06:59:20 PM
The US Navy E6s are up and about at the moment - 4 at once, and all of them over the USA, three of them around Pax River.
Rod
Rod,
29CBB8 164409 departed Mildenhall this morning, so he must have just got back home when you recorded him.
Tom
Yes - he flew within 5 miles of me, FL280, at 12.30 this afternoon - it baffles me that military assets that important broadcast their position. Still, mustn't grumble!
Rod
498426 CEF05a Czech republic Air Force canadair CL600 near RAF Valley in Wales a short while ago
Quote from: RodBearden on February 15, 2009, 09:26:35 PM
Yes - he flew within 5 miles of me, FL280, at 12.30 this afternoon - it baffles me that military assets that important broadcast their position. Still, mustn't grumble!
Rod
An operating E6 radiates a lot of radar energy, so I can't imagine the opposition find one hard to locate!
That's military opposition BTW.
Just picked up one of the new Sentinel R1 aircraft to the north of London ZJ692 Callsiggn Astor 3 Mode S 43C09D, also ZE705 L1011 Flight ISF37MU and Hawker 900XP M-ONAV
Not especially interesting, perhaps, but a new one. G-EZFC 405F0B c/n 3808 Easyjet A319-111. Delivered yesterday and seen operating the EZY2163 LTN-AMS this afternoon.
Also, routing Finkenwerder - Keflavik (delivery flight?), N790MX AAB92E c/n 3790 Mexicana A319-111.
On my box now, mode S 478120 Portuguese CASA C-295 s/n 041 @FL330 squawking 6232. Except it isn't. It's a Falcon 20 ECM of the Royal Norwegian Airforce.
Showing now on my box AE1290 Sinex03 87-0024 MC130-H
John
HI
Two more MC130H
AE12AC Talon 72 88-1803 and AE12BO 88-0191
John
On the network over California A3E54E N350FD an AS50 Squirrel. I have never seen a helo that small on the network with full ADS-B. The datablock shows it is owned by Honeywell, which may explain the fitment.
Showing now on my box AE1290 Talon71 87-0024 MC130-H
John
On my box now, 472005 HA-TCO Antonov 26B City Line Hungary. Hi Rod if you're receiving can you consider a logo for this one please?
John
I've got it too, John. Unfortunately it's not showing a flight ID, so the logo won't show, but I've done one anyway - see the logos thread.
Rod
Cheers Rod thanks I hadn't thought about it not showing the flight ID doohh!!!
John
It may be that the famous Flybe bug applies to this aircraft too, so it may show up in version 2.1 - fingers crossed!
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on February 21, 2009, 01:25:18 AM
It may be that the famous Flybe bug applies to this aircraft too
It looks like that may be the case, it was showing CNB230F on both PlanePlotter and SBS.
On my box now AEO12C Spar 10 73-1681 VC9 (DC9)
on my box now 43CIC3 RAF ZD952 L-1011 Tristar KC1
Showing now on my box AE1290 87-0024 MC130-H tonight as Talon 72. just noted on my log he is showing as SINEX03.
USAF Special Ops Flight Boeing C-32B 02-4462 has been flying over Europe this evening and is currently over the North Sea, and was heading towards Northern England, but has suddenly swung North. Unusual callsign, too - HIPPY77
EDIT - 22.36: it's now turned North-West and is descending towards Newcastle.
EDIT 22.49 it's heading north again, about 40 miles off the NE coast - surely this is strange behaviour?
EDIT 23.02 timed out levelled at FL250, having speeded up from 350kt during the descent, to 400kt. Heading 349, squawking 6152. Very strange.
I haven't yet got a C-32B in MyLog. Wonder if I will tonight?
Rod
He's meeting up with a tanker QUID 83 for a refuel. In fact he is probably on the boom now. This is one of only two C-32Bs with an FR capability.
Tom
Blimey - I never knew that they could do that!
Many thanks for the info, Tom
Rod
Rod do you mean 24452 instead of 62
The reg was 02-4452.
Tom
Yes I did - sorry guys!
Rod
Does the HIPPY callsign tell us anything?
Rod
Had a contact: @ 28000 420kts Not Allocated Mode S -200007 Call sign - GOTO FMS
ADS-B Military I suspect.
Is this a standard call sign GOTO FMS? I have seen this before.
Quote from: kdt1 on February 22, 2009, 02:30:09 AM
Had a contact: @ 28000 420kts Not Allocated Mode S -200007 Call sign - GOTO FMS
ADS-B Military I suspect.
Is this a standard call sign GOTO FMS? I have seen this before.
GOTO FMS is a default flight ID, mostly used by USN Boeing E-6 Mercury aircraft. If it was plotting, it was almost certainly one of those - 163918 has been know to use this particular mis-code.
Quote from: RodBearden on February 22, 2009, 01:30:40 AM
Does the HIPPY callsign tell us anything?
Rod
Probably only to the crew, Rod. I've seen heard them use 'Biggy**', 'Terra**' and 'Torn**'. They have used Terra71 and Herz72 when visiting Mildenhall. There's also records of them using 'Peoples Express**', 'TOCC**' and 'Burma75'.
It was very interesting tracking him last night. First time I'd tracked an ac on AAR. He finally departed the western Scottish coast over Fearnmore at around 23:40. The tanker Quid83 landed back at Mildenhall a few minutes later.
Tom
If its of any help,I tracked "HIPPY" across N.W Germany and through Holland last night,at around 8-45pm but had to go out,the last time i saw him he was heading N.W across the channel,i thought he was heading for Mildenhall?.Hope this helps.
Regards Terry.
Terry,
Have a look at last night's posts in this thread.
Tom
Thanks for that Tom,
Should have looked through the threads first,so appologies for the wasting of time,now back to the amateur foundation licence book,i`m getting too old for this radio stuff,but i`ve been hooked since 1974?
Regards Terry.
On my box now, 3CE600 D-COKE FAI Airservice learjet 35 It appears to be an Airambulance?
John
Quote from: Terry on February 22, 2009, 02:18:50 PM
Thanks for that Tom,
Should have looked through the threads first,so appologies for the wasting of time,now back to the amateur foundation licence book,i`m getting too old for this radio stuff,but i`ve been hooked since 1974?
Regards Terry.
Terry,
No apology needed, my friend. I thought you might be interested in the subsequent whereabouts of the ac and I was just saving myself having to write it out again :-)
Tom
All good stuff Tom,
Many thanks for the prompt,nice to see the a/c tracked a fair distance,we need a station out in the Atlantic on a ship,then things would really happen.
Regards Terry.
Quote from: Terry on February 22, 2009, 05:01:25 PM
All good stuff Tom,
Many thanks for the prompt,nice to see the a/c tracked a fair distance,we need a station out in the Atlantic on a ship,then things would really happen.
Regards Terry.
Now that
would be great Terry.
Tom
Hi was on my box approaching Dublin Eastbound i think then disappeared. AE118A PAT63 02-1863 C37 (GLF5) FL410.
John
AE118A PAT63 02-1863 C37 (GLF5) FL410.
Seen it again approaching Wallesey noticed a few lines of "purple rain" in the area not sure if it was associated with this one?
18.34 it is associated with this flight now over wales on screen heading SE
On my box now 145OA1 VDA4812 Volga Dnepar Airlines An124 ruslan.
John
Hi,
VDA 4812 FlyteComm shows it as inbound Frankfurt Hahn (EDFH)
Cheers John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 22, 2009, 06:32:12 PM
AE118A PAT63 02-1863 C37 (GLF5) FL410.
Seen it again approaching Wallesey noticed a few lines of "purple rain" in the area not sure if it was associated with this one?
18.34 it is associated with this flight now over wales on screen heading SE
'Purple rain'? Can you explain without a mention of Prince.
On my box now 508015 UR82027 AN124 Ruslan Antonov Design Bureau.
John
Hi Tramline, who's Prince??? I have seen reference to this on the site in more detail than I can give, I'll try and find the relevant entry. However it is a series of what look like the aircraft trails lines, purple in colour, but they jump all over the map. The other explanation is better I'll have a look.
John
Hi Tramline this should help with the purple rain, the thread is :
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=671.0
Hi all,
Two new airbus showing on network
380F9A F-WWBV AIB802B just north of Dortmund and
3C1250 D-AVYH AIB822A heading towards Denmark
Quick search on the net and D-AVYH maybe C/N 3822 for Indian Airlines
Can anyone tie these up?
Cheers John
ASTOR 1 & 5 showing on my box. Just like policemen, don`t see 1 then 2 come along and look to young.
A new one for me on my box now A44973 N3755P Prescott Support Hercules all white paint scheme.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 24, 2009, 12:31:51 PM
A new one for me on my box now A44973 N3755P Prescott Support Hercules all white paint scheme.
Spooky ... :-)
Now you've done it Dave, there'll be a black Omega car at your front door any minute...
A light helicopter in California - another first?
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/AS50.jpg)
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on February 24, 2009, 06:29:51 PM
A light helicopter in California - another first?
Rod
Rod
See my reply #362, this one has experitmental inscribed on the cabin door and is owned by Honeywell. Looks to be testing Honeywell ADS-B products for the light aircraft market.
Well, I did put a question mark after it! Sorry - I'd forgotten your earlier post!
Rod
On my box now AE12BD Shado61 69-5832 MC-130P.
John
How the other half live....
7101F7 HZ-WBT7 B744
Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal's 747 seen coasting in at Dover (11:45) and descending into Stansted (12:15)
http://myaviation.net/?pid=01518242 (http://myaviation.net/?pid=01518242)
But is he happier than you or I?
On the network I have a USAF C-32A 97-0401 flying over Mongolia... no hang on, he's now over Hungary. Oops, I tell a lie, he's now north of Java. Up to their usual tricks.
Quote from: viking9 on February 25, 2009, 12:29:55 PM
On the network I have a USAF C-32A 97-0401 flying over Mongolia... no hang on, he's now over Hungary. Oops, I tell a lie, he's now north of Java. Up to their usual tricks.
The random tracks seem to be specific to RB - on SBS he was plotting normally from just E of Harlow to overhead Ghent.
I think you mean C-37A, by the way (GLF5).
Dave
Quote from: DaveReid on February 25, 2009, 12:59:51 PM
The random tracks seem to be specific to RB - on SBS he was plotting normally from just E of Harlow to overhead Ghent.
I think you mean C-37A, by the way (GLF5).
Dave
Dave,
You are right, it was a C-37A, slip of the finger (or brain more likely).
The fact that the false positions is specific to RB is very interesting The same thing happens with E-6 Mercury ac as well sometimes.
Something for AirNav to investigate?
Tom
I don't think it is specific to RB though we will check, sometimes these aircraft broadcast normally and then suddenly start spoofing there positions, sometimes when they get over land and then return to normal again.
That doesn't sound like a regular fault but something deliberate.
Hi Guys all on my box now
Ae12BB Shado 68 69-5828 MC130P
AE12BO Talon 71 88-0191 MC130H
AE12AC Talon 72 88-1803 MC130H
John
Got them also, at low level (210ft and 1500ft). So must be local to me. On the comms as ASTRA71 and ASTRA72.
On my box now the return of AE12BB Shado68 69-5828 MC-130P. US Mil comms also on 282.625 not sure if it is this one though.
John
Interesting flight level for an aircraft with a max altitude of 65,000 :-)
Quote from: JRS98 on February 27, 2009, 07:34:42 AM
Interesting flight level for an aircraft with a max altitude of 65,000 :-)
What type of aircraft?
Tom
Just left Edinburgh and tracking south east. Mode S code is 40589B. Does not tie-up anywhere. Have checked GAS site. Any ideas ?
Miscode for 40588B (G-LCYC) according to http://www.airframes.org/reg/glcyc
Always worth checking unknowns on http://www.airframes.org/
Thanks Tarbat.
Cheers,
Ian
Landed at Mildenhall today.
AE08F9 c/s ARGUS03 RC-12K Huron 84-0173 US Army 13:52
AE08F4 c/s ARGUS03 RC-12K Huron 85-0149 US Army 14:36
AE08F6 c/s ARGUS11 RC-12K Huron 85-0152 US Army 14:50
Callsigns are according to AirNav. Ac reg may not match ModeS as these aircraft are known to frequently swap boxes/codes.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on February 27, 2009, 10:21:35 AM
Quote from: JRS98 on February 27, 2009, 07:34:42 AM
Interesting flight level for an aircraft with a max altitude of 65,000 :-)
What type of aircraft?
Tom
Tom,
It's a Global Hawk.
Tom or JRS or anybody - call you please tell me the Mode S or Reg of the Global HawK?
Rod
Rod,
I don't have any ModeS codes but you will find registrations in this database:
http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/
You need to scroll down the page to the serial lists. I think 1995 is the first serial year for Global Hawk.
Tom
Hi a bit late I know but it's been a hectic day!! Anyhow I have this one logged today. AE0941 61-2667 USAF Boeing WC-135W using COBRA 67. I went looking for details of the aircraft and found this.
The WC-135W is a modified C-135B . It is an extensively modified former EC-135C Looking Glass aircraft. The Constant Phoenix's modifications are primarily related to the aircraft's on-board atmospheric collection suite, which allows the mission crew to detect radioactive debris "clouds" in real time. The aircraft is equipped with external flow-through devices to collect particulates on filter paper and a compressor system for whole air samples collected in high-pressure holding spheres.
The interior seats 33 people, including the cockpit crew, maintenance personnel, and special equipment operators from the Air Force Technical Applications Center. On operational sorties, the crew is minimized to just pilots, navigator, and special equipment operators, in order to reduce occupational radiation exposure to qualified mission essential personnel.
The Constant Phoenix WC-135 aircraft serves as an aerial collection platform for the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), supporting the detection and identification of debris from nuclear weapons detonations. Two Constant Phoenix aircraft, WC-135W (serial number 61-2667) and WC-135C (serial number 62-3582) are currently assigned to the 45th Reconnaissance Squadron, 55th Wing at Offutt AFB. This mission was previously conducted by WC-135W 61-2665, which was retired in September 1996. Previously, as many as ten WC-135B weather reconnaissance airplanes flew in support of weather analysis, nuclear detection, and other scientific research.
Does anyone know anything about it is this still it's role etc?
John
Nice A/c there John!
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 27, 2009, 11:34:35 PM
Does anyone know anything about it is this still it's role etc?
John
This was the last remaining WC-135B aircraft of the 55 Weather Reconnaissance Squadron based at Offutt (The pole vaulters) they were used to monitor the ice cap.
Kevin
John,
Its callsign suggest it's working as a Cobra Ball but you never can be sure with these aircraft. They are often used to test surveillance and recconaisance equipment which will eventually be fitted to RC-135V/W Rivet Joint aircraft. They, and the Rivet Joints and Cobra Balls are fairly frequent visitors to RAF Mildenhall.
Tom
HI Tom/Kevin
Thanks for the information. Boy have I a lot to learn but that is what this hobby is about and why this forum is so good. I was well pleased though as it is a very unusal one for me.
John
John,
Watch out tomorrow, 1 March, for KC-135s using callsigns QUID**. They should be taking off from Mildenhall around 11:00 to refuel aircraft, possibly B-1B Lancers, over the Atlantic.
Tom
Tom
I presume the Sunday morning curfew still exists at Mildenhall until 11am?
Hi Tom thanks for the heads up. On my box now is AE0233 USAF HOIST95 KC-10A Extender.
John
Hi I've got Hoist 95 and ARGUS 68(AE03F9) DUKE 28(AE0401) and ARGUS 11(AE08F6) all in my area at the moment.
Stuart
Quote from: Blackthorn on February 28, 2009, 04:54:24 PM
Tom
I presume the Sunday morning curfew still exists at Mildenhall until 11am?
Hi Kevin,
Sorry for the late reply - shopping with the wife intervened! No, there hasn't been a curfew at Mildenhall for a long time. In fact Sunday mornings are often the busiest times.
61-2667 WC-135W is on the ground there now, so perhaps he'll be off tomorrow morning.
I'm off to watch the Rugby on TV.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on February 28, 2009, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: Blackthorn on February 28, 2009, 04:54:24 PM
Tom
I presume the Sunday morning curfew still exists at Mildenhall until 11am?
Hi Kevin,
Sorry for the late reply - shopping with the wife intervened! No, there hasn't been a curfew at Mildenhall for a long time. In fact Sunday mornings are often the busiest times.
61-2667 WC-135W is on the ground there now, so perhaps he'll be off tomorrow morning.
I'm off to watch the Rugby on TV.
Tom
Cheers Tom
I remember waiting for the curfew to end on Sundays during the 1980's and watching an endless procession of aircraft taxiing out, sometimes I got lucky with the SR71 :-)
Kevin
On my box now AE085B USAF 80-0316 KC-135R.
John
I've got USAF ADFEB8 - 98-0002 B752 US Mil 2, and AE07E3 - 94-0069 C17 US Mil 1, showing, but no idea where they are or bearing
John,
98-0002 is the same aircraft that was using the c/s Airforce 2 when it landed at Mildenhall Februay 8th. It left the States this morning and is probably carrying the US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton. See my photo here:
http://www.viking9.co.uk/images/Airforce%202%2098-0002%20VC-32A.jpg
Currently on my RB at FL350.
Tom
Thanks for that Tom, just found another US Navy AE04D8 165830 Boeing C-40A Clipper US Mil 1.
He took off from Mildenhall about an hour ago and was routing via Brize Norton.
Tom
On my box now 7101D1 HZ-AFU GLF4 Saudi Arabian Special Flight Services.
John
Suspect he came in from Europe, and as I lost him at 8000ft - he may have fuelled at Turnhouse (EGPH) had a sqwark showing origin Geneva region.
I just noticed a AsianaB744 routing over Blackpool usinc callsign AAR587 I never realised they route this far North or is my RB playing up?
Michael
I think your RB is probably fine - I've only got four Asiana hits in my 10-month old log - they're pretty rare up here in Lancashire.
EDIT - I've just noticed, Asiana Cargo is a different matter - plenty of them!
Rod
Going to be a few interesting Aircraft come the end of this month when the G20 meets.
Would Airforce 1 land at Heathrow?
Here's one now on my box United Nations Learjet 55 D-CMAX 3CDFC7. Rod is this a case for a flag?
John
This is the first time I've seen a Boeing 777 Freighter on the network:
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/B77F.jpg)
EDIT - I've been investigating, and I don't think that the code B77F (presumably from GAS) is valid - I think it should just be a B772.
EDIT AGAIN - GAS has it as a B772 - I wonder where "B77F" came from.
Rod
John - how do you know that D-CMAX was operating for the UN? According to airframes.org it's operated by FAI Air Service - we've already got a logo for that. Did it have a UN callsign?
Rod
Ahh!!! Nno the loaded picture had UN titles didn't get it on the scanner. A false alarm then?
Well, I'll have to leave it for the moment. Interestingly, the UN doesn't seem to have its own ICAO code, at least according to Airframes.org. Anyone know any different?
Rod
Rod,
I know the answer, having served with the UN for two and a half years. Generally, all UN aircraft belong to individual member countries and are usually painted white overall with UN in large letters in blue or white. Some aircraft are in camouflage with UN painted in white. All the bizjets that I have seen used by UN officials were leased.
Tom
Over my house at 2,000 ft on its way in to Mildenhall yesterday, this unusually painted AWACS:
4D03C1 LX-N90443 Boeing E3A Sentry c/s NATO06
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Luxembourg---NATO/Boeing-E-3A-Sentry/1484798&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=1&sok=WHERE__(reg_%3D_%27lx-n90443%27)_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&prev_id=&next_id=1481600
Tom
Manston is busy this morning 2 Cargolux B744 on the approach CLX717D and CLX719 LX-UCF and LX-YCF. They arrived just minutes apart.
Hi there,
Just caught this A/C over N.E France:
Taiwan Air Force
Reg 1485
Flt CTM 0001
Type AIDCF-1A Ching Ho
Any ideas as i`ve looked on airframes.org but no joy.The picture downloaded was a mil fighter.
P.S. It was decending when i caught it.
Regards Terry.
Quote from: RodBearden on March 02, 2009, 10:11:55 PM
This is the first time I've seen a Boeing 777 Freighter on the network:
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/B77F.jpg)
EDIT - I've been investigating, and I don't think that the code B77F (presumably from GAS) is valid - I think it should just be a B772.
EDIT AGAIN - GAS has it as a B772 - I wonder where "B77F" came from.
Rod
Rod,
This aircraft has just passed over Central Scotland today as AF6400 en route to Chicago from Paris. The registration shown was F-GUOC as you have quoted. According to Airlines 2008, Air France have 3 aircraft registered F-GUOA/B/C and the aircraft type is given as Boeing 777-F28 ! hence the reason they are showing as B77F.
Cheers,
Ian
F-GUOC is indeed a freighter. In fact she is Boeing's first 777 freighter. She was handed over to Air France on 19th Feb and left Paine Field for Paris on 20th Feb as AFR380V, arriving about 9:30 on the 21st
Pic here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34080950@N04/3280663438/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34080950@N04/3280663438/)
It's just that I like to make sure that the short names are valid ICAO codes - if you check here: www.icao.int/anb/ais/8643/index.cfm (http://www.icao.int/anb/ais/8643/index.cfm) there's no such code as B77F - GAS and Airframes.org list it as a B772, so that's what I've changed it to.
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on March 03, 2009, 04:13:36 PM
It's just that I like to make sure that the short names are valid ICAO codes - if you check here: www.icao.int/anb/ais/8643/index.cfm (http://www.icao.int/anb/ais/8643/index.cfm) there's no such code as B77F - GAS and Airframes.org list it as a B772, so that's what I've changed it to.
The 777 Freighter is based on the 777-200LR and as such shares the same ICAO code
B77L (ICAO doesn't normally allocate specific codes to freighter variants of Boeing types).
Thanks, Dave - I'll change it again!
Rod
Quote from: Terry on March 03, 2009, 02:45:45 PM
Hi there,
Just caught this A/C over N.E France:
Taiwan Air Force
Reg 1485
Flt CTM 0001
Type AIDCF-1A Ching Ho
Any ideas as i`ve looked on airframes.org but no joy.The picture downloaded was a mil fighter.
P.S. It was decending when i caught it.
Regards Terry.
Terry,
Congratulations, that is indeed a rare bird you got there. It's an indigenous fighter built when ROC was refused F-16s by the US govt. They have around 100 of the A model and 28 of the B model. The name is actually Ching-Kuo in memory of the late President Chiang Ching-Kuo.
Tom
Terry
1485 is an A319 of the French Air Force. CTM is the ICAO code for the French Air Force.
It shares a numbers only registration with the Ching-Kuo. Hence airliners net dragged through the photo details for that. You could also have ended up with details for a retired US Coast Guard HH-3 which also shares this registration.
This is a common problem with airforces that use number only registrations like France and Ireland and Norway, where the number used in the registration is shared with the registrations of more exotic military birds from other air forces. Other examples I have seen are an Irish Air Corps CN235 coming up as an East German Air Force Mig 23.
If you change the entry on your database to read F-RBFA instead of 1485, then airliners net will upload the correct photo/details next time you log it.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Air/Airbus-A319-115X-CJ/1455257/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Taiwan---Air/AIDC-F-CK-1A-Ching/1282048/M/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Coast/Sikorsky-HH-3F-Pelican/1488973/M/
AirNav Support. Is it possible to start a sticky covering how the airliners net search process deals with mil aircraft with shared number registrations and the fact that airliners net photo search also takes the German Mil Iron cross as a 'plus' in search terms. This seems to be a common problem for new users.
Many thanks Tom and ACW367 for your time and the posts,
I thought it a bit strange,but you guys are certainly on the ball.thanks agaih.
Regards Terry.
In my log for yesterday:
4B0EDF VH-OWP Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia Pilatus C-12/47E 2009/03/03 11:12 FL 280 Squawk 3260
Tom
Two unknowns both using the same callsign of ALLIED 1 - ADFE51 and BB7F16
Quote from: tarbat on March 04, 2009, 10:44:26 AM
Two unknowns both using the same callsign of ALLIED 1 - ADFE51 and BB7F16
Tarbat,
Both miscoded boxes. Aircraft landed at Mildenhall yesterday and visually identified.
16:48 BB7F16 94-0324 c/s PAT924A C-12
16:50 ADFE51 94-0322 c/s PAT296A C-12
Tom
Hi
Milsacnners Yahoo group report them as both US Army C-12s on TDY at Mildenhall
BB7F16 94-0324 ADFE51 94-0322 they are using PAT callsigns apparently
Interesting the BB7 hexcode
Graham
Thanks for the idents.
Interesting one on my box now - not yet on Airframes.org:-
3EB5DE Flight GAFBU81 @ 9800 ft Sqwark 1761
This is from the Tyne Valley with the best signals from the North of an East-west Line.
Quote from: jgrloit on March 04, 2009, 11:02:20 AM
Interesting one on my box now - not yet on Airframes.org:-
3EB5DE Flight GAFBU81 @ 9800 ft Sqwark 1761
This is from the Tyne Valley with the best signals from the North of an East-west Line.
Had him in my area yesterday. It's a German Air Force Tornado but don't have a serial for him.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on March 04, 2009, 11:10:31 AM
Quote from: jgrloit on March 04, 2009, 11:02:20 AM
Interesting one on my box now - not yet on Airframes.org:-
3EB5DE Flight GAFBU81 @ 9800 ft Sqwark 1761
This is from the Tyne Valley with the best signals from the North of an East-west Line.
Had him in my area yesterday. It's a German Air Force Tornado but don't have a serial for him.
Tom
OK thanks - from the heights he is probably in OTA - usually have NATO troops on the Area at this time of year - other possibility would be using Spade for Electronic warfare and training for Afghanistan!!!
What exercises do we have on at present?
GAFBU81 - as previous,
45F425 Danish CL64 Sqwark 6236 at 35000,
3 USAF tankers - lowest at 10000 - at same time.
I have NOT seen Danish AF here before!!
Quote from: jgrloit on March 04, 2009, 11:43:23 AM
What exercises do we have on at present?
GAFBU81 - as previous,
45F425 Danish CL64 Sqwark 6236 at 35000,
3 USAF tankers - lowest at 10000 - at same time.
I have NOT seen Danish AF here before!!
KC-135s are up from EGUN every day. You may be picking them up on their way to the Flamborough AARA.
KC-135 c/s QUID93 has recently departed EGUN and is on his way out into the Atlantic, waypoint RATKA. Should be meeting up with a B-1B Lancer.
Tom
Quote from: jgrloit on March 04, 2009, 11:43:23 AM
I have NOT seen Danish AF here before!!
Your Danish Challenger departed Birmingham at around 11:23.
Tom
One in My Flights at the moment,
Italian Air Force Alenia C27J Spartan
CS-X62219
33FFB8
Regards Terry.
P.S as requested,location N.Oxfordshire.also just seen and picked up 43C5C0-ZJ561-D-AJ.
Hi All,
Posting info about interesting aircraft would be more useful if posters showed their location in their signature. It does not have to be exact, just a rough location.
Tom
Hi Tom,
Is ther an exercise on as i`m catching a lot of mil A/C around.4 Hawks,2Alpha Jets,aTornado(TURPITZ1),2 Pumas,3Apaches,2Gazelles plus -130s,C-17s and L101s.
Regards Terry. N.Oxon
hello mate not sure but there is a military forum you could check it out on.
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/index.htm
Interesting site full of useful information, just register and you'll find out all sorts of stuff.
Stuart
Quote from: Terry on March 04, 2009, 02:52:38 PM
Hi Tom,
Is ther an exercise on as i`m catching a lot of mil A/C around.4 Hawks,2Alpha Jets,aTornado(TURPITZ1),2 Pumas,3Apaches,2Gazelles plus -130s,C-17s and L101s.
Regards Terry. N.Oxon
Terry,
I have not heard of any exercises on. A lot of those aircraft are up somewhere over these islands every day. There will inevitably be some increased traffic due to the NATO summit. In fact there are a couple on their way from the States now: ADFEB8 98-0002 VC-32A c/s SAM4333 and AE0406 99-0402 C-37A c/s SAM4393. They are due to be coming our way around 18:00, so keep a lookout.
Tom
99-0402 in in the descent but showing over the Antarctic Ocean! Now he's showing over Kent coast at 15,000ft. Watching now for Mrs Clinton's ac 98-0002.
Tom
CASK 21 (AE0941) 61-2667 Boeing C135 currently showing on my RB at 34000ft.
North East England between EGNT and EGNV.
Stuart
hi
3EB5DE is 45+69 GAF TORNADO
Cheers Mark
Hi on my box now AE04BF USAF 58-0123 KC-135R.
John
I just saw FDX36 flying south over London towards France. Its destination was Stansted. It was at 8000ft so no idea what it was doing there?
Hi 3B77E6 French Airforce A319-115x F-RBFB on my Box now westbound over the Atlantic I think. John
Quote from: E14 on March 05, 2009, 10:32:20 PM
I just saw FDX36 flying south over London towards France. Its destination was Stansted. It was at 8000ft so no idea what it was doing there?
FDX36 flies Indianapolis-Stansted-Paris CDG. You probably saw it outbound from Stansted.
Recently picked up Hawk XX285 CARBON1 FL430 around the London area.
Hi on my box now 43C3A2 NATO04 ZH104 E3D Sentry.
John
Bangor Northern Ireland.
And on my RB now AE11EA SHUCK80 80-0137 E-3C Sentry at 4,000' squawking 0402 on descent to Mildenhall runway 29.
Tom
Hi on my box now 43C3A2 NATO04 ZH104 E3D Sentry he seems to have been around and about for a while now. Also AE05A7 USAF 62-3544 KC-135. Perhaps together?
John
Bangor Northern Ireland.
An interesting altitude!!!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3335/3332728291_c38a5d5c6b_o.jpg)
SoS Clinton on her way back home ADFEB8 Callsign S4333 98-0002 B752, 34,000' Squawk 6606
A couple rare tails logged here late Friday night.
0500z (504DD9) level 39k callsign on RB (MLD 9015) Republic of Moldova.
0521z (4A8199) Swedish Air Force GLF-4 reg. #102004 climbing up13k to 39k
Mark
Maryland USA
00AFA0 707 ZS-SAH showing now on RB FL160 never saw it...does it really exist?
airframes.org has it as a Hawker 900XP - the only photo that airliners.net has for this registration is the B707, so I guess that the registration has been reissued.
Your query for aircraft registration ZS-SAH.
Registration Manuf. Model Type c/n i/t Selcal ICAO24 Reg / Opr built test reg delivery prev.reg until next reg status
ZS-SAH Hawker Beechcraft Corp Hawker 900XP H25B HA-0026 L2J 00AFA0 Islandsite Investments 2007 2008-01-10 N32926 active edit
Thanks Allocator. I knew I was being optimistic, I was wearing my rose tinted sunglasses hoping that it hadn't been scrapped and was about to fly overhead LHR area.
Note to self. Be realistic when a 707 pops up....
Quote from: Tramline on March 08, 2009, 11:32:43 AM
Note to self. Be realistic when a 707 pops up....
Lots of them flying with the USAF. They are called KC-135s. :)
I recorded a real 707 at lunchtime on 24th Feb. She was a 707-330B AC1DC6 N88ZL, unfortunately not ADS-B equipped. Also I quite often see a Ghanian registered DC8 freighter (044028 9G-AXB)
Quote from: Keith L on March 08, 2009, 12:03:12 PM
I recorded a real 707 at lunchtime on 24th Feb. She was a 707-330B AC1DC6 N88ZL, unfortunately not ADS-B equipped. Also I quite often see a Ghanian registered DC8 freighter (044028 9G-AXB)
Yes, that DC8 often pops into Lyneham doesn't.
I remember watching N88ZL many times at LHR, I took it for granted back then.
The KC135's are lovely to see. I wish a few more would route overhead LHR or CPT.
first for me a canadian c17 c2b3d7 callsign cfc4009 a bcc7 also given as a boeing cc-177globmaster
cheers paul
Don't know where you are Paul, but I,ve also just picked up this aircraft on my RB up here in Central Scotland. He's at 34,000ft.
Cheers,
Ian
hi an
down the road a bit in morpeth 13mls north of newcastle
cheers paul
Just a heads up for everyone with a RB living south of London. The G20 summit in April will be in West Sussex just south of Gatwick, so hopefully some interesting aircraft will appear on our boxes
Hi All, Scrolling throu' the network trafic yesterday and came across VT-DNY
it populated as Boeing 707-437 of Air India (nice photo) X checked it on Airframes and the reg has been reallocated to a A320 of Air Deccan.
It was a nice bit of nostalgia while it lasted :-)
Cheers John
Quote from: EGNXR on March 08, 2009, 09:57:38 PM
Hi All, Scrolling throu' the network trafic yesterday and came across VT-DNY
it populated as Boeing 707-437 of Air India (nice photo) X checked it on Airframes and the reg has been reallocated to a A320 of Air Deccan.
It was a nice bit of nostalgia while it lasted :-)
Cheers John
I had the same feeling today - B707 ZS-SAH, turned out to be a BizJet using her old HexCode. De ja vu....
Quote from: Tramline on March 08, 2009, 12:11:11 PM
The KC135's are lovely to see.
They are indeed.
But don't confuse the C-135 with the 707, they are very different aircraft.
8003A5 VT-VJM KFR011 A319 FL11 Near White Waltham!
....just passing overhead now! Oh yes....
Quote from: DaveReid on March 09, 2009, 03:52:05 PM
But don't confuse the C-135 with the 707, they are very different aircraft.
Didn't the KC-135 enter service first as Boeing saw the problems with the Comet windows and hung fire on the passenger version until DH kindly provided them with the info.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on March 09, 2009, 05:26:33 PM
Didn't the KC-135 enter service first as Boeing saw the problems with the Comet windows and hung fire on the passenger version until DH kindly provided them with the info.
I can't comment on whether the C-135/KC-135's development was delayed as a result of the Comet problems, but yes, it certainly entered service before the 707 (in 1957) and was a direct derivative of the Dash 80 prototype, albeit with a slightly wider fuselage. The 707 was a year later entering service and had an even wider, double-bubble fuselage whereas the C-135's is perfectly circular.
Dave,
I was at DH at Hatfield on a course in 1959 and I remember the airframes instructor at DH told us that the 135 went ahead because it had no windows and that the 707 had major structural changes due to the cabin windows.
Tom
Hi one from earlier today The Prime Minister arrived into Northern Ireland onboard 4CC2CC TF-NPB Dornier 328-31QJ Icejet.
Sadly he was here following the murder of two soldiers at Massereene Army base, in Antrim. The attack has rightly been labeled an act of extreme brutality. My sympathies go to the members of the bereaved families and those wounded in the attack.
John
On my box now AEO539 69-0019 C5A Galaxy USAF.
John
Hi a first for me a little earlier today AE08F4 USA Army 85-0148 RC12-K Huron Argus 65.
John
adfeb9 B757 AF2 99-0003 FL340 around the LHR area
AE0406 C/S S4441 99-0402 On my box - with Hieght and location spoofing - height alternating 40000 and 102350 - Location near illanois(?) - updated to real over Arbroath.
Height spoof now 40000 or 22800.
Sqwark 6636.
Heading looks to be NE.
Quote from: jgrloit on March 11, 2009, 02:14:54 PM
AE0406 C/S S4441 99-0402 On my box - with Hieght and location spoofing - height alternating 40000 and 102350 - Location near illanois(?) - updated to real over Arbroath.
Height spoof now 40000 or 22800.
Sqwark 6636.
Heading looks to be NE.
Interesting. It was tracking on PlanePlotter for about 90 minutes, from just S of Enschede to W of Inverness, presumably on its way back west over the pond. The only spurious plot for it on PlanePlotter was from a Scottish RB user, showing it over the Arctic north of Siberia.
See the other thread on Gulfstreams coming up with spurious positions on RB.
Currently on the box from Derby
43C2EE XF995 Hunter T8 23900ft
Currently on the box from Derby
45F42A DAF2104 B-538 C-130 Dannish AF 23000ft
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2009, 05:40:11 PM
Hi a first for me a little earlier today AE08F4 USA Army 85-0148 RC12-K Huron Argus 65.
John
Anyone know what this one is doing - He sems to be running around a fair bit recently - been through twice today, NOT Mode B - so Ideas Please!!!
The RC-12Ks normally operate as packs of 3. They are airborne relay facilities which are in the signals and electronic intelligence business. A typical mission requires the aircraft to orbit to the rear and parallel to the forward line of own troops (FLOT). The integrated processing facility (on the ground) sends commands to and receives information from the Airborne Relay Facility (ARF) through a secure data link. The operators in the IPF process the collected information and report the intelligence to the tactical commanders and other possible joint consumers via the JTT relay on board the aircraft. The only crew on the aircraft are the pilots.
Hi on my box now AA6922 Boeing 757 2J4ER The Yucaipa Companies. Does anyone know anything about this one is it a private aircraft?
John
Edit I found this so it may well have been a "private jet", maybe Bill was onboard!!!
The Yucaipa Companies, LLC is a Los Angeles-based holding company, focusing on private equity investments. The firm was founded in 1986 by its billionaire chairman, Ronald Burkle.
Yucaipa has a history of highly successful leveraged buyout investments in supermarket and grocery chains beginning with Jurgensen's markets in 1986. After several standalone investments in the late 1980s, Yucaipa went on to lead the consolidation of West Coast retail that occurred during the 1990s.
It recently acquired stakes in Colorado-based Wild Oats Markets, New Jersey-based Pathmark Stores, and Minnesota-based Supervalu, among others. Former US President Bill Clinton, a close friend of Burkle's, was an advisor to the company. Between 2003 and 2006, the Clintons' tax returns show total Yucaipa partnership income of $12.5 million. The 2007 summary provided by Hillary Clinton's Presidential campaign lists $2.75 million in partnership income
Currently on my box at 1890ft 4006E0 G-CCOA Bulldog which according to GINFO website is PWFU since 11/06/2002
Cheers John (Derby/EGNX)
Quote from: EGNXR on March 14, 2009, 01:41:41 PM
Currently on my box at 1890ft 4006E0 G-CCOA Bulldog which according to GINFO website is PWFU since 11/06/2002
Cheers John (Derby/EGNX)
This ModeS and the registration are NOT listed on Airframes or Gatwick (GATS... What is the GINFO source Address?
The database belongs to the UK Civil Aviation Authority and contains the complete aircraft details from the UK register.
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1
Possibly a miscode?
Hi jgrloit,
Picked this hex code up in feb but could not find any info. If you follow the link below and type in hex and tick the dereged box it comes up.
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1
Cheers John
Ah allocator pipped me to the post:-)
Quote from: Allocator on March 14, 2009, 03:50:20 PMPossibly a miscode?
Indeed so. Derby-based Cessna 172 G-BJXZ, to the best of my knowledge it has never used its correct code.
4012D3 currently in my aircraft list:
Reg: G-CENI
Serial: PFA 324-14102
Type: Spitfire Mk 26
Operator: David Balfour Smith
I heard it, but didn't see it :(
Hi Tarbat and everyone is there an Airshow on anywhere today? I got this one a short time ago. 4049CF G-FARL Pitts S-1SE Special.
John
030008 OK-1 GLF4 Botswana Mil at 20:15 Today
Cheers John (Derby/EGNX)
AE10C1
Dassault Mirage G8 France - Air Force
01 (cn 01) One of the two prototypes of the Mirage G8 twin-engined, swing-wing fighter, on display in the Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace.
2009/03/12 13:55:45 Suppose its touring the US?
Cheers
Give me strength ...
Quote from: kdt1 on March 16, 2009, 10:34:09 PMAE10C1
Dassault Mirage G8 France - Air Force
01 (cn 01) One of the two prototypes of the Mirage G8 twin-engined, swing-wing fighter, on display in the Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace.
Or not - http://www.airframes.org/reg/01
Gulfstream Aerospace C-37A
Everyone, please check Airframes if you see a strange tie-up. Anything with a numeric registration like this is probably NOT what you think it is.
Hi,
Just picked up this mode s "4CA334". It's classed as "EIDW Ground", and appears to be a Radar Test at Dublin Airport. "Remarks from airframe.org" are: -800ft sq 7777, radar test
Just picked up at 11.59 hrs "43C2F8" - reg "XS737", a Hawker Siddeley HS-125-2 Dominie T1 operated by 55(R) Sqn at RAF Cranwell for rear crew training.
The Dominies regularly fly up through the Shap Gap, on into Scotland Low Fly Zone and eventually return via Otterburn.
Various Callsigns used - They can also use the Spadadam Electronic Range, Just East of Carlisle.
I Also seen the UK and Luxembough E3C's and at times the Sentinels (ASTOR), possibly working in mixed Pairs.
(NATO??) aand (ASTOR??).
Hi on my box now 43C09F Astor 5 ZJ694 RAF Sentinel.
John Bangor Northern Ireland.
I wonder if ASTOR5 is working with the SRS in N.Ireland as he has been showing at 43000 ft on my box since 11:25 hrs today.
I had an E3C (NATO17) up before that but he seemed to transit Very Low, possibly into a local field - EGNT or EGNV with the Sentinel possibly a replacement.
I've been wondering about that also as the E3 and sentinels have been pinging on my box regularly now for the last couple of weeks. However i have good coverage over into towards Scotlland, where a lot of Military action seems to occur, and as they don't show position it's pure speculation.
John
Edit Interestingly he is still there now at 15.14 at 43000ft.
Just got a Nimrod MRA4 from Warton, at 15.27 hrs ,its mode S is 400010 and its Reg " ZJ518".
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 17, 2009, 03:10:47 PM
I've been wondering about that also as the E3 and sentinels have been pinging on my box regularly now for the last couple of weeks. However i have good coverage over into towards Scotlland, where a lot of Military action seems to occur, and as they don't show position it's pure speculation.
John
Edit Interestingly he is still there now at 15.14 at 43000ft.
I tend to expect the E3C's to be North Sea, as they frequently replace, or are replaced by Luxembough registered E3's either C's or F's .
All of those use NATO signs so I thought that they were watching for Bears etc.
as they are usually at 38000 approx.
2 unknown GAF a/C's 3F6766 and 3F67E4 using Sqwark codes of 1751 and 1752 at low level 6120 & 8000 ft on my Box.
1 is ID'd as a Tornado on Airframes - Other unknown, but I suspect both will be Tor's - Working as a Pair!!!
Callsigns GAFCL1 and GAFCL1B.
On my box now AE02F4 RCH976 USAF C130 86-0411.
John
400E6E / Antonov An-32P Firekiller / Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine
on my screen now
Quote from: anorak on March 17, 2009, 06:26:15 PM
400E6E / Antonov An-32P Firekiller / Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine
on my screen now
Interesting - that hex code belongs to Squirrel G-XLLL (which has indeed been around today).
My AirNav has it as the Squirrel.
3B9BE3 / Antonov An-32P Firekiller / Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine
on my screen now
That must be a bad case of finger trouble, this is correct I hope.
Strange Airframes has that ModeS as a French Navy Falcon.
Checking D008.dat Ukraine MOdeS starts with 50
It is indeed a French Navy Falcon 10.
Thought he was a long way from home! What can I do to correct it please?
Dave,
You can correct it in MyLog, but that will only correct the log. To amend the database you have to go to 'File', 'Database Explorer' and then at the top where it says 'Select Table' click on the inverted triangel on the right and select 'aircraft'. At the bottom, in 'Text to find' type the hex code, in 'Condition' select 'IN' and in 'Field' select 'MS'. Then click in the 'Find' box and the aircraft record should appear. Amend the record by clicking on each cell and then on 'Edit Cell'.
Tom
Thanks Tom, he appears about the same time each week, so I`ll watch to see if I got it right.
AE08F4 / 85-0148 / Beech RC12K Huron / US Mil 1 / United States Army descending through 10500` Callsign ARGUS 35
Dave.
ZJ691 Passing over Derby now tracking towards Waddington
edit its the only Glex on my box and its definatly an astor
Hi, I found 4 rather rare visitors to my "airpace" in my log:
N93J (ACE418), N94S (AD0C5F), N95S (AD33DE) and N96S (AD535D)
All four A/C landed at EDDF at about 16:00 local time. Funnily only the first A/C was recognized correctly as a Dynamic Aviation Group Inc. Beech 65, the remaining were identified as Northwest DC91s *g*
Does anybody happen to know, where these little private recon A/C came from ?
Cheers
Carsten
P.S.: http://www.iphpbb3.com/forum/64774768nx20571/planepictures--und-quotspecials-und-quot-f59/180309-dynamic-aviation-group-4-x-beech-65-t1354.html
Quote from: llama1910 on March 18, 2009, 07:31:13 PMAll four A/C landed at EDDF at about 16:00 local time. Funnily only the first A/C was recognized correctly as a Dynamic Aviation Group Inc. Beech 65, the remaining were identified as Northwest DC91s *g*
Does anybody happen to know, where these little private recon A/C came from ?
Well it's only 10 years since the DC-9s were de-registered :-)
The Utes are enroute from Iraq back to the US.
Hi a new one for me 3CE986 D-CPSW Swearingen Metro III of Bonair.
John
Just passed over Glasgow today at 35,000ft heading South-East with a modeS code of 02008D. No information on Airframes or GAS websites. Long trail clearly visible. Any ideas ?
Cheers,
Ian
Ian,
I've been piecing together some info on this ac. PlanePlotter has it as a B350. This type refers to both a Beech King Air and Falcon 50 in my past logs. I've had it at 35,000ft so it's more likely to be a Falcon 50. 02008D is alloted to Morocco and the Morrocan Air Force has one Falcon 50 for VIP duties. So...
Tom
More info on the Morrocan F50 including pic at:
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1051899/
Tom,
Thanks for that. Certainly, it's the first time I've spotted this one. As I say he was showing ModeS details but nothing in the way of ADSB.
Cheers,
Ian
05-4613 Boeing C-40, 737-7DM BBJ B737 34809 2141 L2J AE189A US Air Force (USAF) 2006 2007-02 N368BJ active
FL340 CPT heading west...
Quote from: viking9 on March 19, 2009, 12:22:08 PM
More info on the Morrocan F50 including pic at:
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1051899/
On the day that photo was taken, CN-ANO was using 020046, so it may not be the one that was sighted today.
Dave,
Having checked back my records, I actually first spotted this aircraft at Heathrow on the 20/4/82 therefore, in a way, I hope it was a different aircraft that passed over today. I suppose I will just have to wait and see if anything turns up on GAS or airframes.
Cheers,
Ian
Now being reported on the Yahoo Mode S list as B350 CN-TJC on delivery.
That's better. Made my day.
Thanks for that.
Cheers,
Ian
Quote from: DaveReid on March 16, 2009, 10:38:19 PM
Give me strength ...
Mr. Reid
Can you be more specific?
Thanks
Hi all,
010115 SU-MWC departed EGNX 18:00hrs on delivery to Midwest as MAW101 ex 400C8D G-CDKT B736 B737-683 c/n 28303 Globespan
HTH Cheers John
4O111E G-JBIS Cessna CitationII showing on the map as he tracks Soth east just south west of IOM.
John
Just spotted this on network
Embraer 505 Phenom (nice to see an Embraer with ADS-B) hope they role it out across all models.
Quote from: EGNXR on March 23, 2009, 05:59:27 PM
Just spotted this on network
Embraer 505 Phenom (nice to see an Embraer with ADS-B) hope they role it out across all models.
Do you by any chance have a hex code for it ?
MTIA
Dave
An interesting one routed across London at 1am on the morning of Monday 23. A857E6 CRJ2. The hex relates to N637BR an ex-independence air CRJ2. The FAA has this reg as cancelled to Yemen and skyliners.net says it is on a delivery flight KEF-MRS for Felix Airways as 7O-FAJ. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed now Yemen registered and therefore a miscode of its former US reg.
AN 124 RA-82077 currently heading west over North Dorset towards Gibso
On descent now 12:35 into Egun is 4D03D3 Boeing 707-307C LX-N19997 c/s NATO25. This is the 707 used to train AWCS flight crews.
Anyone have any information on :-
Mode-s 3F7D73 Flight-ID IGLOO14 at 10200 ft Sqwark 1614 at current time.
No information on Airframes.org
Seems to be alone - No wingman showing!!!
Quote from: jgrloit on March 24, 2009, 01:07:45 PM
Anyone have any information on :-
Mode-s 3F7D73 Flight-ID IGLOO14 at 10200 ft Sqwark 1614 at current time.
No information on Airframes.org
Seems to be alone - No wingman showing!!!
4631 Tornado ECR
http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/
Harrier ZG857 FL240 around a radius of 30 miles of LHR!
Quote from: DaveReid on March 23, 2009, 07:10:18 PM
Quote from: EGNXR on March 23, 2009, 05:59:27 PM
Just spotted this on network
Embraer 505 Phenom (nice to see an Embraer with ADS-B) hope they role it out across all models.
Do you by any chance have a hex code for it ?
MTIA
Dave
Sorry for the delayed reply on nights this week E40130
Chhers John
Quote from: EGNXR on March 24, 2009, 06:06:38 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply on nights this week E40130
Chhers John
Thanks.
2 New PC12 picked up today (Derby)
4B0EDA HB-FQG(10) PC-12/47E c/n 1107
4B0EE3 HB-FQP(10) PC-12/47E c/n 1117
info from FOCA-Swiss Aircraft Registar
http://www.bazl.admin.ch/fachleute/luftfahrzeugregister/index.html?lang=en
HTH Cheers John
Nice Tu-154 picked up today
154E8D SDM9031 RA-85645 T154 Russia State Tran
Also new Lynx code 43C2ED ZF563
Graham
Just saw Cathay Pacific (CX257) pass overhead but nothing on the screen. Interesting as its a Airbus A340-400 which i thought had this system fitted.
Was listening to it on Scanner as well
I've logged this A340-313X (B-HXG 780174) several times and it has never been broadcasting ADS-B data. It is the only A343 in MyLog not to have ADS-B. Odd
Quote from: Keith L on March 25, 2009, 03:17:12 PM
I've logged this A340-313X (B-HXG 780174) several times and it has never been broadcasting ADS-B data. It is the only A343 in MyLog not to have ADS-B. Odd
Strangely enough it
did have ADS-B until mid-2007 - for example if you do a search on my LHR website for 18/04/2007 you will see it coming down the 27L ILS just before 1600 local.
I have no idea why ADS-B on this and the other CPA A343s was subsequently removed or disabled.
I picked up my second B727 yesterday, 4001DA. I don't believe we see many over here in the UK these days.
AA340A ADS-B N757A Boeing 757 Catfish - tracked over Reno NV USA at 27000 feet 3/25/2009 at 1830 UTC
Picked up callsign "snatch 1" at 2000ft, showing mode s 43C508. Any ideas what this might be?
Hi mate
SNATCH1 was XZ608 LYNX AAC
cheers Mark
Saw 2 of these earlier near Northolt when I didn't have my RB running.
Yep, they've been buzzing around all afternoon 87-24584 (AE0EAF) and 87-24583 (AE0EAE) VIP transports attached to SHAPE, apparently. There were also a couple of Chinooks wearing Northolt squawks at lunchtime, 89-0142 and 89-0144
Just passed over Glasgow heading south at 41,000ft is Gulf 5 CS-DKB transmitting ADS-B.
Heading towards Lakey.
Cheers,
Ian
43c508 - C/S Snatch1 currently at 1250ft on either OTA or Spadeadam... Had someone that sounded more like a fast mover on Spade the otherday 25/3 when this aircraft was being asked about.
The Exercise that day was suspended while an EasyJet flight NCL to Belfast overflew Spade!!!
Airnav slightly surprised that the Mode-s has NOT been added to the RB Server as yet if it has been seen over 2 or 3 days!!!
Quote from: jgrloit on March 27, 2009, 01:33:37 PMAirnav slightly surprised that the Mode-s has NOT been added to the RB Server as yet if it has been seen over 2 or 3 days!!!
43C508 isn't even on GAS yet!! Someone needs to post it to GAS before it will get to the Airnav servers.
airframes.org has it as XZ608, and http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/ as a Lynx AH7.
Landed at EGUN ~ 14:25L AE04A0 EC-130J Commando Solo 99-1933 c/s RCH1020.
Details here: http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=182
Just noticed an interesting one on Mybox:-
A9A8D3 N721S Gulfstream5 - FlightId STARBUCS
From 54 45.9 W 2 34.8 To ? invalid Posn Height 43000 onscreen 15:05 to 15:19Hrs
Back again Squawk 4371
That GLF5 left Luton at about 14:35
Hi on my box now Spar 22 AE17EF 05-0730 C40C BBJ 737-7CP.
John
John,
SPAR22 overnighted at Mildenhall and departed this morning.
Tom
Hi Tom thanks for that.
Anyone any ideas on this one please? A short while ago on my box ADFDCO USAF C130 Torqe 40 93-7313. It looks like in the pictures it is a "Fire Fighter" with large Red 5 on the side?
John
A nice picture here, if you haven't seen this one already:
http://www.paulnann.com/Make.asp?Make=Lockheed&Family=%20C-130&ImageRef=pn_w2826.jpg
There is also a thread discussing these fire-fighting aircraft here:
http://www.herkybirds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66
Thanks Alocator It was that picture attracted my attention. Would they normally be based outside the USA as this was on my Box?
John
Hi on my box now USAF ADFEAE Team56 85-0033 KC-10A extender.
John
Hi on my box now FFFFFE squawk 7023 no other detail . I saw a reference to this on another site as possibly 05-0419 U-28a out of Mildenhall?
John
That's correct John. On its way to join up with HC-130N 88-2101 to cross the pond.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 29, 2009, 11:02:07 AM
Hi on my box now USAF ADFEAE Team56 85-0033 KC-10A extender.
John
c/s is actually RCH5033
Tom
On my box now 405FB5 / 95-0097 / Beech C-12R Huron (Super King Air B200C) flight ALLIED 1 at 28000 ft squawk 0603.
On my RB 14:45L 0D001B XC-UJM (TP-01) B757, Mexican Air Force squawking 7301 at 10,000 ft
http://www.heathrowcam.net/indexnew.php?page=10&view=1&photo=52671&mode=1
9V-SMU The very last B744 passenger service for Singapore into LHR was today. The airline will now operate into LHR with B77W from tomorrow.
Landed Lakenheath at 07:38L A7B7EA Fedex MD11 N597FE c/s FDX9728.
On my box a short time ago AEO195 USAF Learjet 35 C21A JOSA113.
John
Hi on my box now 43C12E RAF Hercules C130K C3P XV290 RRR5108.
John
On my RB at 21:05L ADFEB9 USAF Boeing VC-32A 99-0003 ADFEB9 c/s SAM4526 @ FL290 squawk 7750.
Hi on my box now 22.05L ADFEE8 US Navy C9B SkytrainII (DC9-32CF) 159119 JU119.
John
A day of interesting contacts
31CE22 c/s N69LN = (Mooney M20) on FAA Web site??
C00000 CF-AAA DH60G Gipsey Moth ???? Message count (1) @ 17:03pm
7C5EA9 VH-SZF EMB145
3A77DB E-3F French AF
0088AF ZS-DGW GLF2
AE206D 06-0500 GLF5
43C555 ZK018 Hawk T2
480C03 G-273 C-130 Dutch
+ the VC-32A & C-9B already posted above
and I missed them all:-(((
FAA web site
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_inquiry.asp
Cheers John (Derby/EGNX)
Hi John here is another A1F7E1 N226G Boeing 757-23A COMCO. I have seen this at Manchester Airport and photographed it. I have seen it frequently referred to as the "mysterious COMCO 757"!!
John
This mornings started out well
0D001B TP-01 B752 Mexico- Air Force
43C390 LF363 HURI BBMF
AE11DC 76-1605 E-3B USAF
ADFEED 160049 C-9B US Navy
*AE1CD1 86-0174 F-15C USAF PISTL11*
*AE1CD3 (86-0176)?? F-15C USAF PISTL12*
my 1st F-15's on the box
There is normaly an E-4 arrives prior to AF1 so keep em peeled:-)
Cheers John (Derby/EGNX)
info from
http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/index.php
http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/
HI
has anybody been getting 48fw F15,s as they are now coding their machines,i had four F15,s in d323 c/s nail but no codes showing this am however last week i got ae1797 and ae179a
Had two this morning - c/s PISTL11 AE1CD1 and c/s PISTL12 AE1CD3 climbing out of EGUN.
i think that the codes ae16f1 andae16f5 are allocated to sp f16,s it just gets better and better
davec
Had them confirmed as:
AE1CD1 86-0175 F-15E
AE1CD3 86-0172 F-15E
Well as interesting as it get up here in Northern Ireland, ADFE65 USAF C130 Rch659 91-1234.
John
Possible connection to AF1? ADFEB9 99-0033 Boeing C32A 757-2G4 USAF on my box at 22.56 UTC.
John
Departing from Aberdeen airport this morning. I wonder why the US Army were in Aberdeen - probably for the Mexican president's visit (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7973320.stm).
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3403344919_fd71254424_o.jpg)
Heading West UL9 CPT
N865F MCDONNELL DOUGLAS DC-8-63CF DC86 46088 464 L4J DGCK ABE1E7 MUA [5M] WELLS FARGO BANK NORTHWEST NA TRUSTEE 1969 2000-01-06 active
Lovely long trail as well : -)
Quote from: tarbat on April 01, 2009, 09:12:11 AM
I wonder why the US Army were in Aberdeen
They keep popping up all over. Thier home base Wiesbaden I belive is having the runway redone so they are temp based at Mildenhall. On some days I've had three on RB the closest they have been to me is EGBB/BHX. Still I'll keep looking skywards:-)
Cheers John
Im sure I just saw a Airbus A318 fly over central London heading towards City Airport. Looked on my Radar screen but nothing. It was a twin jet (looked like a smaller A319) and was around 2500ft.
Very odd
It's an Embraer 190 (PP-XMA) which is doing proving flights prior to certification to operate from City. She's got a rather natty 'Empress of London City' livery, too.
edit: Found a link to a pic (if you append a,b,c,d,e after the 190 part of the URL there are more pics) http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris_barrett/190.jpg
Hi A first for my box and I assume thanks to the addition of an external aerial this evening. 3x Tornado F3s 43CO2C ZE757 43CO3B ZE838 and 43CO47 ZE961.
Also 000000 showing with no other details any deas? I thought perhaps E3 or similar as top cover for the G20 perhaps? Not saying by the way that these were together.
John
LV - 000000 was around a fair bit earlier today,
It seems unusual for a group of Tornados to be up in the UK after dark. This is the first time that I have noticed this...
I usually get them in pairs from about 10:00hrs till dark - up on OTA, or Spade or in the low flying zone over the Border EGNT/EGNC towards EGPK /EGPH. or beyond towards EGPE.
2 on my box at 00.04 UTC 506CO" S5-AAB Afriqiyah Airways (Adria) A320-231. And a private 424145 VP-COD Hawker 850XP
John
Quote from: tarbat on April 01, 2009, 09:12:11 AM
Departing from Aberdeen airport this morning. I wonder why the US Army were in Aberdeen - probably for the Mexican president's visit (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7973320.stm).
Interesting aircraft.Sort of the US Army's version of AWACS.
Actually a US Army RC-12K radio spy plane.
Notice lots of antennas all over it also goes by name GUARDRAIL
Regulars in and out of Europe.
Mark
Maryland
I currently have an unidentified aircraft on the box:-
053977 Invalid country ...... Registration from somwhere is shown as 012345678o height 14400 Sqwak 4625.
And ideas please!!
Now showing flightId as Shark11
Also AE179C FlightID DARK21 Sqwak 4625 no other details.
AE179C is a F15 and 4625 is a Scottish Mil squawk. From the callsign I would surmise that Shark11 is also a F15
Keith,
Just picked up this one on my box here in Central Scotland. Airframes are stating that it is a bogus code often used by aircraft on test flights.
Cheers,
Ian
Keith,
Disregard the above. Getting ahead of myself. The Mode S code just picked up on my box was 053977 which airframes are stating is a bogus code used often for aircraft on Test flights. Does anyone have any ideas as to its possible identity.
Cheers,
Ian
Further to Mode S code 053977. He's back again. Flight ID now coming up as SHARK 11.
Cheers
hi,
I don't know if this mode_s is an "interesting" aircraft:
381EBA cruising at level...510 !
Does anybody has some data about it?
Here is a part of my log:
(http://lflx.free.fr/log-int.jpg)
Mode_s without aircraft name are C130
except the Israel Mil which is a B707
All those aircrafts were landed at home
except the NATO (cruising)
Quote from: derringer on April 02, 2009, 11:36:46 AM
hi,
I don't know if this mode_s is an "interesting" aircraft:
381EBA cruising at level...510 !
Does anybody has some data about it?
My guess is it's a FAF Rafale.
Possible... Rafale trained last week at home.
I hope to obtain more information during Paris
Airshow (with RBox+netbook)
Quote from: derringer on April 02, 2009, 12:01:57 PM
Here is a part of my log:
(http://lflx.free.fr/log-int.jpg)
Why have you censored the Egyptian Air Force C-130H ?
Quote from: EK01 on April 02, 2009, 11:08:43 AM
Further to Mode S code 053977. He's back again. Flight ID now coming up as SHARK 11.
Cheers
SHARK is a callsign used by 492nd FS [LN] F-15E
HTH Cheers John
Did anyone catch the low level harrier over Buckinghamshire this morning between 1115 and 1145. It was on a practice flypast of RAF High Wycombe and crossed there at exactly 1125. Tomorrow 3 April the actual flypast happens with 4 Harriers. Routing is Benson, High Wycombe, Halton, Cranfield. Overhead High Wycombe at exactly 1125. Can anyone put them up here if they catch them on thier boxes.
ADFEB6 75-0125 B742 Boeing E-4B (747-200B) US Mil 2
callsign QUIT 11
What's the specifics on this guy?
Thanks, Dave and Tarbat
Quote from: kdt1 on April 02, 2009, 11:11:27 PMWhat's the specifics on this guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-4
Quote from: jgrloit on April 01, 2009, 10:56:55 PMIt seems unusual for a group of Tornados to be up in the UK after dark.
They fly up until 10pm in my part of the country, and are regularly on the bombing range right up to the 10pm limit :(
Quote from: DaveReid on April 02, 2009, 04:13:25 PM
Why have you censored the Egyptian Air Force C-130H ?
Nothing is censored. I said it was a C130. (blue case was just the
place of my cursor)
By the way, EW240TH took-off one hour ago, the route
is probably Dushanbe,Turkmenistan
Not only on my box right now but directly overhead my house is 7101E6 HZ-NSA A310-304, not sure but maybe private?
John
edit
HZ-NSA Arabasco Arabia Aircraft Service
On my box now 44F502 Belgian Airforce A310-222 Ref CA-02 CAF608 it's showing full position info.
John
Hi on my box now AE07AF USAF 61-0275 Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker.
John
Hi on my box now, A076B4 N129SC Piper PA32-300 Cherokee Six Manx Orthopeadic Service.
John
Hi on my box now USAF C130H AE02F4 86-0411.
John
Hi John,
I had him yesterday as c/s Brewer 58 so I guess it's part of the US presidential cavalcade.
BTW, that's a 0 (zero) not an O in the code. Only the letters A to F appear in hex codes.
Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom Thanks re 0 or O thick finger or just me ? LOL.
Hi on my box now 400841 G-FPLB Beech Super King Air B200 Cobham Flight Inspection.
John
Hi now showing over the Pennines is SPAR76 a USAF C-37 (Reg 01-0076) travelling at 40000ft.
Stuart
Hi on my box now is the same AE0978 SPAR76 USAF C-37 (Reg 01-0076). He was showing ovver NW Scotland and masses of purple rain was showing from him to various directions. One group of several lines running from him to the South East.
John
Hi on my box now Scottish Air Ambulance 4008A7 G-SASA Eurocopter 135T.
John
On RB now COBRA67 climbing out from EGUN? WC-135-W 61-2667 squawking 6151
Hi I have him now also COBRA67 WC-135-W 61-2667 AE0941.
John
My 1st Mode-S Glider
405F15 G-IIOO Schleicher ASW 27-18E
Cheers John (Derby/EGNX)
Quote from: EGNXR on April 05, 2009, 02:17:59 PM
My 1st Mode-S Glider
405F15 G-IIOO Schleicher ASW 27-18E
Interesting - ICAO don't seem to have woken up to this type, strictly speaking it should have its own specific type designator rather than GLID as it has a sustainer engine (like the ASW-28E).
Quote from: DaveReid on April 05, 2009, 03:35:05 PM
Quote from: EGNXR on April 05, 2009, 02:17:59 PM
My 1st Mode-S Glider
405F15 G-IIOO Schleicher ASW 27-18E
Interesting - ICAO don't seem to have woken up to this type, strictly speaking it should have its own specific type designator rather than GLID as it has a sustainer engine (like the ASW-28E).
I believe as a former glider pilot that the ICAO differentiate between self launching gliders (those that can take off using the engine) and self sustaining gliders (those that the engine is not powerful enough for a take off, but will keep them airborne once they are up there). This may be the case for this type.
Quote from: ACW367 on April 05, 2009, 04:00:37 PMI believe as a former glider pilot that the ICAO differentiate between self launching gliders (those that can take off using the engine) and self sustaining gliders (those that the engine is not powerful enough for a take off, but will keep them airborne once they are up there). This may be the case for this type.
No, I don't think that's the case.
For example ICAO allocate codes for the Schempp-Hirth Discus, Ventus, Nimbus, etc, and use the same codes (DISC, VENT, NIMB) for both the self-launching and sustainer-engined versions in each case.
I'll talk to my ICAO contact and find out the story on the ASW-27E.
I have 2x Boeing C-40A Clipper (737-7AFC) AE04D9 165831 and AE04D8 165830
Hi on my box 59801C UR-82008 Antonov 124-100 Ruslan showing Trenton CYTR to east Midlands EGNX.
John
Hi on my box now AE589 USAF C5 Galaxy 87-0044.
John
I hase not checked the details, but this looks like a new flight with a new aircraft, the Boeing 772LR for Air India from New York direct to Mumbai. A 14 hour flight.
I am located in the North of England.
* 800393 AIC140 KJFK-VABB VT-ALB B772 Air India 2009/04/05 08:09:32
Air India's first 777LR was delivered in 2007. They have 5 777LR which operate the Delhi and Mumbai to New York non-stop services. Today's AIC140 was operated by VT-ALC and VT-ALA operated the New York - Delhi service (AIC102). Another 3 are due to be delivered shortly which will allow the introduction of non-stop services between Delhi and San Fransisco. The 777ER continues to be used on the services which transit London.
Quote from: Roland28 on April 05, 2009, 10:19:03 PM
I hase not checked the details, but this looks like a new flight with a new aircraft, the Boeing 772LR for Air India from New York direct to Mumbai. A 14 hour flight.
I am located in the North of England.
* 800393 AIC140 KJFK-VABB VT-ALB B772 Air India 2009/04/05 08:09:32
You might want to update your database to reflect the fact that the 777-200LR has ICAO code B77L, rather than B772.
43C160 callsign MARHAM
Any idea's
Hi on my box now AE1290 USAF C130H 87-0024 Talon 72.
John
Hi on my box now AE1178 USAF C17A RCH2106 02-1106.
John
Just picked up BREWR84 one of the aircraft associated with AIR FORCE ONE
Quote from: charlie on April 07, 2009, 02:11:26 PM
Just picked up BREWR84 one of the aircraft associated with AIR FORCE ONE
That's ADFEB5 Boeing E-4B 74-0787. One these always accompanies Air Force One.
Hi on my box now 43C550 ZK013, 43C552 ZK015, 43C888 ZK018 RAF Hawks.
John
Hi Re E4B just noticed he is on my log at 15.25 here in NI.
John
Hi any ideas for 43E2CA Ryder 20 UK mil?
John
43E codes are Isle Of Man not UK mil.
Stuart
Hi guys on my box 23.30 UTC 7/4/09 ADFDF8 Airforce1 82-0000 VC- 25A squawk 6614 32000ft.
John
Quote from: besty8 on April 07, 2009, 06:18:08 PM
43E codes are Isle Of Man not UK mil.
And all the IoM codes so far allocated are 43E7xx, so not one of those either.
Hi on my box now 43COA7 RRR4203 XV-105 RAF Vickers VC10.
John
PS any ideas for 43C2B8
Edit ZH002 Britten Norman BN-2T-4S Defender 43C2B8 Army Air Corps
Hi on my box now AEO66E USAF KC-135R 62-3569.
John
Logged on RB at 19:00L tonight; USAF Israel C-38A Astra SPX (IAI-1125A) ser 94-1570 (cn 090).
Tom
Hi on my box now AEO589 USAF C5B Galaxy 87-0044.
John
Hi on my box now ADFEB8 USAF C-32A 98-0002 S4582.
John
Anyone know anything about the Aircraft displaying zero's as it's Mode-S, and normally no other data??
Keeps appearing on my box in the Scottish Borders area.
Just seen showing 5610 as a SQUAWK.
I don't know anything except I had it almost all day yesterday and it's been on again today.
Rod
I see it regularly. In my log first back in August 2008, last seen 1st April 2009. I even have an alert setup for it!!
000000 on my box all day strange thing is his squawk changes every minute or so, Also get 000001 as well, I seem to remember a post on this forum about it being some kind of uav. I'll see if I can find it.
Cheers John
edit I think this is it if I remember correctly this used 000000 for mode-s
Re: Interesting Aircraft
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2009, 08:34:42 am »
EGNXR - How far NORTH can you see?
Could this Zeros Mode-S be on Spade or OTA?
Rod would this area be seen by you as well?
Nothing below 10,000ft North of Newcastle to about 34,000ft as they disapear of my polar
see attached
Cheers John
Here's my polar, if it's any use.
Rod
My Current Polar -
Looks as though the common area is Spade, OTA and the Derwent Valley areas.
Maybe we could find him yet!!!
Have got AE1BF6 on my box now unknown on airframes but the flight ID keeps changing as I watch on my flights most strange
Edit AE1BF6 quoted as 07-4635 C30J into Milldenhall on yahoo/mode-s group
I get 000000/1 as well. It must be fairly high for me to see him with hills to my north. I`ve put my polar on for interest.
May be a daft question but if 2 aircraft were using 000000 at the same time how would it show up on RB, As 2 seperate flights or 1?
Hi on my box now RAF C130 43C1O5 Pass 671.
John
Hi on my box now AA9D3C Southern Air 747-281F/SCD SOO9783.
John
Hi guys I asked about this one earlier in the week 43E2CA Ryder 20 UK mil?
It appears it is UK Mil a Puma .
John
This one has zeros as well but not its mode S. 3922E1 Europe Airpost B737 F-GIXB showing Flight ID as 00000000.
John
Hi on my box now AEO571 USAF C5B 86-0020.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on April 09, 2009, 11:49:30 PM
Hi guys I asked about this one earlier in the week 43E2CA Ryder 20 UK mil?
It appears it is UK Mil a Puma .
John
John,
Do you have a reg for the beast pls
Cheers John
Hi John XW223 if what I have is correct. Hope this helps.
John
Hi on my box 43C3A5 RAF E3-D Sentry ZH106.
John
Hi on my box now AE123F USAF C17A 04-4134 RCH4134.
John
And now 44F502 Belgian AF Airbus A310-222 CA-02.
John
152C96 Volga Dnepr Airlines Illyushin Il-76TD-90VD RA76950.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on April 10, 2009, 09:26:49 AM
Hi John XW223 if what I have is correct. Hope this helps.
John
Hi John,
XW223 should be 43C298 can I ask the source of your info pls just trying to work out if its :- a, a misscode b, recoded or a differant A/C.
Many thanks John
Hi on my box now all USAF AE012E Spar17 73-1683 DC9 AEO22C Blue 91 86-0035 KC10A AE1239 RCH4129 04-4129 C17 AE1198 RCH163 03-3115 C17.
John
HI John re XW233 Iw as taking it from the several times logged by my RB, I think he is based at RAF aldergrove? Not 100% reliable on reg just from RB, so I'll have another look at other bits and pieces I have and try and nail it better.
John
Hi on my box now 3F993E German Airforce C160D Transall 5062.
John
Hi on my box now 3F9956 a second German Airforce C160D Transall 5086.
John
Hi ADB113F UR-82072 Antonov AN-124-100 Ruslan on the box now.
John
Hi on the box now two tankers USAF AE07AB Qid86 60-0331 KC135R and AE0670 65-7980 KC135R.
John
AEO54C USAF C5A 70-0455 on MY RB Now.
John
On my box AE08D6 61-2672 OC-135B on app to EGUN.
Tom
Hi Tom I had him here in Northern Ireland also. I would love a trip to EGUN to see these beasts in the flesh. How far from Cheltenham would EGUN be as i have an offer of accommodation there in July or August?
John
Hi John,
Cheltenham to Mildenhall is about 170 miles, 2.5 hours by the fastest route.
Tom
Thanks Tom needs some thought then!!!
john
John,
If I were you I'd come over in July and go to RIAT at Fairford which is only 24 miles from Cheltenham.
Have a look at their website here: http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow
Tom
Hi Tom
Thanks for that it was suggested to me as a possibility a while ago but thanks for the link. I am in Perth Scotland the week before playing in a Lawn Bowls Championship so it is a possibility. When in Perth I hope to get acros to Leuchars. I've not been to the blue bin for several years.
John
On my box now 1) 3EB5D9 / GAF188 & 2) AE1165 / 02-0201 / Boeing C-40C BBJ (737-7CP) / USA - Air Force
Here are a couple of light aircraft on my box now 404348 G-BZFN Bulldog and 400FB7 G-PETS Diamond DA-42 Twin star.
John
And a Cirrus SR-20 A6BED4.
John
Hi on the box now 3F9949 German AF Transall 5073 C160. The pictures downloaded for it are a Japanese Navy Orion!!!!
John
Hi John
I looked up all the C160 aircraft in my log(34) and linked the pics from http://www.planepictures.net/.
It's a German site so they have all but 2 from my list. You need to use the full German reg 50+73 for the pics.
Took some time but saves the wrong pics being downloaded
Stuart
Thanks Stuart I'll check it out.
John
Drove over to Mildenhall to get some pics of this rare aircraft;
AE08D6 61-2672 Boeing OC-135B
(http://www.viking9.co.uk/AE08D6_61-2672_OC-135B.jpg)
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on April 11, 2009, 03:03:38 PM
Drove over to Mildenhall to get some pics of this rare aircraft;
AE08D6 61-2672 Boeing OC-135B
Tom
Hi Tom
I remember seeing this at the Hall in the 80's
Quote from: Blackthorn on April 11, 2009, 03:08:30 PM
Hi Tom
I remember seeing this at the Hall in the 80's
Hi Kevin,
What was it doing before it was converted to Open Skies?
BTW, I got attacked and bitten by a Jack Russell terrier owned by a lady who lives in the bungalow next to the crash gate in Pollards Lane today. Luckily I was wearing heavy cord trousers or he would have taken a chunk out of my leg. As it is I have four very painful punctures in my calf.
Another chap there said it had atacked quite a few people going past so I've reported it and they'll be getting a visit from the plod after the holiday.
Who said aircraft spotting isn't a dangerous sport? :o)
Tom
Hi Tom
It was a WC-135 with the classic weather band on the tail.
I expect you can get yourself some compensation from the dogs owners if you were on public land.
Never a dull moment at the hall :-)
Kevin
Kevin,
Thanks for the info. I was on public land in the lane but I'm not interested in compensation. I just want to see the dog muzzled and kept on a lead outside. If it did to a small child what it did to me it could kill it.
What I was amazed at was the lack of concern of the owners. Neither of them came over to help me or to see if I was alright or offer me a cup of tea or to dress the wound. The woman said, "He was just protecting me". I had to beat it off with the strap on my binos and even then it stood growling at me with its teeth bared. I have to confess that if the owners hadn't been there I would have booted it over the perimiter fence.
Yeh... the only dull moment was when I was taking the photo; ruddy weather.
Tom
The WC135 was converted to Open Skies in 1994 and was classified as an OC-135. There are several photos on Anet of this aircraft sadly none of mine.
I must get down to the Hall sometime this year.
Kevin
Well Kevin, that pic of mine certainly wouldn't qualify for Anet.
I look forward to meeting you in the flesh if you come down.
Tom
In the flesh, is that after that Jack Russell has had it's way ;-)
Hopefully not. :o)
Hi on my box now two USAF AEO3OD 74- 1670 C130H Hazrd12 and AEO32O 74-2132 C130H Reach (spelt this way) 272.
John
Hi on my box now 4O1285 G-TASK Cessna 404 TitanII Ordnance Survey..
John
Hi Guys not only on my box now but a few minutes ago directly overhead my house visual 71O32E Saudi Arabian Royal Flight SVA007 HZ-HM7 MD11.
John
Hi anyone anything on this one country shown as Mexico 0D04BF?
John
Canonjohn
I recommend you join the Mode S yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mode_S/
They have it as B763 XA-MAT of AeroMexico.
PS Make sure you use zeros in the code the letter O does not exist in Hex, only A-F are hex letters.
Cheers ACE367 I am in that group but awaiting a repir to my outlook and other Microsoft software so not able to access that particular option. Sorry about the O and 0, again aware of it not awake this morning.
John
Hi on my box now AE080B USAF C17A RCH 9165.
John
Currently on my box
405B78 G-CRZA CZAW Sportcruiser with ADSB just north of Derby now
John
On mine now AE0242 USAF KC135T 58-0065.
John
Hi two more USAF Tankers AE07C0 63-8006 KC135R and AE04F5 58-0050 KC135T.
John
Hi on my box now ADFE70 USAF C130H 92-1533.
John
I picked up my oldest mode-s aircraft today
401073 G-AERV Miles M-11A Whitney Straight (Vintage 1936)
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=&airlinesearch=&countrysearch=&specialsearch=&daterange=&keywords=G-AERV&range=&sort_order=datestamp+desc&page_limit=15&thumbnails=
That's certainly worth seeing and a bit different from hearing about endless USAF aircraft many of which really are pretty commonplace !
On my box now , oops cancel that it's common place!! We see a constant sting of Easyjet and Flybe Aircraft here in Northern Ireland. So believe me I don't find any USAF aircraft common place. Yes the rare birds are nice but we all have our own interests from this hobby.
Oh it was AE080D USAF C17A RCH551 99-0167.
John
Ye Gods, another one !
The last one from me anyhow, I'll enjoy them.
John
Hi anyone details on this one please 000497 showing on my box now?
Hi John
Nothing more than airframes.org says - it's Dassault Falcon 900EX XA-RET using a wrong Mode-S code.
Rod
Hi no apologies for this one USAF or not, on my box now. AE0110 94-1570 Israel C-38A AstraSPX.
John
On the box now 43C2E1 RAF Pilatus PC9 ZG969.
John
Hi on the box now passing Isle of Man NW 601853 Turkmenistan Airlines Boeing 767-32K-ER EZ-A700 TUA3209.
John
Hi,
According to the database, I have a Bulgarian Air Force A310 approaching the West of Scotland at FL410 and 459knots.
I doubt that it's the helicopter shown in the photo though!
3B77FB Flight ID: CTM1012 Registration 421
Ken...
Hi 3B77FB French Airforce A310-304 F-RADA 421 CTM1012 is showing on the box now overhead Islay Scotland routing Turnberry.
John
Hi John,
You must have an updated version of the database!...What does your photo show?
ken...
Hi Ken unfortunatly not. I have the same Pictures as you had. I had seen it before and checked it on this site.
http://www.airframes.org/
John
Thanks John,
Is it possible to ammend the database to show the correct information?
Ken...
HI Ken I believe the answer is yes but i don't have the skills to do so. I have seen advice on here about it though and no doubt someone will respond with suitable information. i might even be tempted to try it also. Sorry this is not much help.
John
Hi on the box now 4D03CB NATO E3A Sentry LX-N90453 NATO41.
John
Hi John,
Thanks...I'll have a look at the Forum and see if I can find a solution.
I see the Sentry as well (FL310).....I wonder where he is?
Thanks again!
Ken...
Hi tetrode,
The French Airbus type A310,A319 & A340 carry both civ & mil style reg's
So if you change them in the Database to the civy style then they do download with the correct picture. It all depends on your preferance:-)
F-RADC 418 A310
F-RADA 421 A310
F-RADB 422 A310
F-RBFA 1485 A319
F-RBFB 1556 A319
F-RAJA 075 A340
F-RAJB 081 A340
HTH Cheers John
14A55A Yakovlev Yak42 RA-42330 TUL-2261 Tulpar Air currently showing on my box NE Coast Scotland.
John
hijohn
yep picked him up here in northumberland too heading your way
cheers paul
Quote from: tetrode on April 14, 2009, 11:13:12 AM
Thanks John,
Is it possible to ammend the database to show the correct information?
Ken...
Type the ac serial number into google to find a photo of the specific ac. You need to resize it to 200 x 150 (max). This should be renamed xxxx.jpg where xxxx is the serial number of the aircraft in the AR column of Database Explorer. Store the photo in the folder \Data\Photo. Now, highlight the URL of the web page containing the large photo and do a 'ctrl C' to copy it. Open Database Explorer and find the aircraft entry. Copy and paste the URL of the page into the LK column.
Tom
Hi Paul I got a visual contact with him from the house here. He was too far off to really confirm anything but again just shows the accuracy of the RB. I opened my front door and expected to see him more or less in front of me albeit about 10nm away. And there he was, I love this radarbox.
John
hi john
yep awesome bit of kit i sit at the desk at home look on the map then out of the window and confirm what it tells me weather permitting that is.
get lots of over flights east west over newcastle so it can get very busy sometimes
cheers paul
this is my one.
Equipped with hi-tech camera and thermal imaging systems, the Eurocopter EC135 is a state-of-the-art addition to the police force just £3.75million to buy.
(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/robbiecber/2710075111_d7ebf3b47e_m.jpg)
Another helo on my box a little while ago; at 1300' - 40129E Sikorsky S-76B G-BOYF belonging to Air Hanson .
Tom
And here is a nice one 43C1EC RAF BAC 11-479FU BDN59 QinetiQ.
John
I see that 400758 G-XXEA S-76C+ chartered by the Royal Sqn at Northolt is airborne at 2600 ft. No position for him yet. Probably carrying POW and wife to Aberdeen for the memorial service for 16 killed in Bond Super Puma crash.
Tom
An unusual one for me currently on my box 3415C8 Air Nostrum (Iberia Regional) Dash8 EC-IDK.
John
Just left EGNX on his way from Keflavik-valencia or vice versa. I missed him on the ground:-(
edit EC-IDK
4D028B Luxembourg Air Rescue Learjet 35A LX-TWO descending through 4000ft. Mode S only, not sure where it's heading.
Now tracking @ 1840: A95FEF Kalitta Air 747-212F N703CK, flight no. CKS541. Looks like an unscheduled flight for today.
Chris
Hi on the RB now 400CAC Cessna402B G-NOSE Ordnance Survey.
John
Question. How the hell do carry out an air rescue with a Learjet? :o)
It is an air ambulance I believe,. The title though sorta suggests a scene from Airforce one with guys absailing from aircraft to aircraft.
John
Should be called Walter Mitty air rescue perhaps. :o)
Hi on the RB now A5B033 Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise, nice little toy it is too.
John
Nice catch there, John.
Tom
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on April 17, 2009, 02:52:02 PM
Hi on the RB now A5B033 Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise, nice little toy it is too.
John
John
A good spot. This MU-2 N466DC appears to have been based in Switzerland (ex-Swiss HB- registered), but is reported to have been travelling from Annemasse (LFLI) in France to Wick for onward transit back west across the Atlantic. I wonder if that is a permanent export.
Hi on the box now 484130 KLM 737-8K2 PH-BXA appears to be their retro colour scheme jet.
John
On the network now is what I believe is the very first ABS-B equipped glider. 4849C7 PH-1348 LS-8. It is currently themalling overhead its home base of Soesterburg airfield.
It's been joined by PH-1300 now.
Skies are started to get crowded :-)
Rod
Partly related to this thread - I've just Google Earth'ed Sosterberg - and I've never seen a more blatent example of censorship - very crude, and confined precisely to the airfield boundary.
Rod
Strange happenings on network G-BRZS over Kansas???
It was here in Lancashire this morning. They move fast, these C172's!
Rod
Rumor has it AAC981 N7942B went tech for AA and it is filling the Gap;-)
A1E7F8 N2216X Cessna 337 Super Skymaster an unusual one which is on RB now no position unfortunatly.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on April 19, 2009, 10:48:33 AM
A1E7F8 N2216X Cessna 337 Super Skymaster an unusual one which is on RB now no position unfortunatly.
John
Hi John,
UK based, have seen this one at Tatenhill Staffs not sure if its based there but he's one I pick up regularly.
HTH John
On RB now heading uptowards the north east and tracking just south of Glasgow is a YAK42 c/n 4520422505122 of Tulpar Air. Mode S code 14A55A. No routing details.
Ian
Hi John thanks for that ref A1E7FB.
John
It must be the good weather!! A40978 Aero Commander 500 N35967 on the RB now.
John
Canonjohn
A couple of links that should be useful to you.
LAAS have a database of all foreign registered aircraft that they know of in the UK.
http://www.laasdata.com/fra/
It shows for example that your recently noted N-reg Cessna 337 is actually based near to you at Belfast Aldergrove.
OTT spotters give details of aircraft crossing the Atlantic on deliveries etc.
http://ottspotters.com/
With these two websites, you will be better able to understand which are routine UK based aircraft. Or those which are coming over the Oggin, where you are well placed to give us the early heads up that they are headed our way.
Hope this helps.
ACW367
Cheers ACW367 very useful thanks.
John
There seems to be a fly-in of Ikarus C-42's somewhere near me!
Rod
Quote from: ACW367 on April 19, 2009, 12:39:56 PM
Canonjohn
A couple of links that should be useful to you.
OTT spotters give details of aircraft crossing the Atlantic on deliveries etc.
http://ottspotters.com/
Hope this helps.
ACW367
Thanks for that link AWC367,
I just tied up 80044B from this morning:-)
VT-AYA B738 AI160
Cheers John
Hi 30013F Dassault Falcon 900EX I-FLYW is on the RB now.
John
EGNXR
My pleasure. Another useful resourse is a guy blogging in Seattle who ties-up new Boeings during their test flights and advises when they depart on delivery.
http://pugetsoundlogs.blogspot.com/
Rgds
ACW367
Managed to catch this morning's Emirates A380: UAE202 from JFK-DXB
8960E4 A6-EDC routing DUB-WAL-MCT @ FL390 and also got a nice contrail pic from the back garden as it's a lovely, clear day.
What a cracker of a picture. What did you use to get one that good.
Cheers,
Ian
Hi Ian, thankyou :)
Shot handheld with Canon EOS40D + Canon EF100-400 IS lens and a small levels tweak in Photoshop.
Chris
HI Chris like the shot also. I use the 40D and I was thinking about the 100-400 lens for this season. I think I just made my mind up!!!
John
Hi John, I don't think the 100-400 can be beaten for versatility but optically it is not the best L lens. In good light though you will not be disappointed.
You should get some pretty good en-routes up there over BEL :)
Chris
A380 A6EDB Just crossing west coast w/bound now. Trailing well
394A60 Beluga F-GSTA just outbound from Hawarden turning NE towards MCT
Emirates A380 crossing IOM heading for Belfast. On now A6-EDB.
Cheers,
Ian
Hi Ian, just picked that one up on the network but missed it on the hardware. Do you know if it actually passed over the IOM or north of the island? I've got a few coverage issues here due to the location of the antenna.
Chris
Passed over the island.
Syd
Chris,
As Syd states it passed over the IOM towards Mikel then across to Ireland south of Duffy.
Cheers,
Ian
Ian/Syd, thanks for that, must be more of a blind spot than I thought then. Will have the antenna and pre-amp above the roof by the end of the week so hopefully that will sort it.
cheers
Chris
HI Chris thanks for the info on the 100-400. I would be planning on using it mostly at airshows/airports etc so hopefully the light issue would be less of a problem. I have found the 40D pretty good with the kit lenses supplied and with photoshop we can get away with a few minor adjustments.Yep we do get a good selection of en-routes, it's a shame a few don't stop off. It's getting boring photographing Flybe, Easyjet and even the biz jets are becomng regulars!!
John
C02865 B735 C-FPHS, flight id CFPHS
Current operator seems to be Pacific Sky Aviation and used as VIP transport
Quote from: WAL 2T on April 20, 2009, 02:31:41 PM
C02865 B735 C-FPHS, flight id CFPHS
Current operator seems to be Pacific Sky Aviation and used as VIP transport
It's been sitting at Farnborough since last Tuesday, departed shortly after 3pm today and landed at Prestwick 10 minutes ago.
Thanks for the info, lost it after DCS
I see it did a little jaunt across Barbados and Bermuda en route to Farnborough via Gander :)
cheers
Chris
2 On the box now
A00001 N1 GLF4 US Government and
A134A6 N177RA DHC-7 GAS Says PAN AM Express
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=177RA
Says US Governement
Sun-Air Dornier 328 Jet OY-NCL SUS951 Landed at Liverpool a few minutes ago
HI 4007FF G-JCBJ Sikorsky S76C is showing on the box now, with flight ID JCB2.
John
Hi a very striking CL-600-2B16 A&ADC3 N594RJ is on the box now.
John
Here's an unusual one. 4843E6 Cessna T207A Turbo Skywagon of KLM Aerocata.
John
Inbound EGNX And on the box now 50801B Antonov Design Bureau AN124-100 Ruslan UR-82007 ADB1450.
John
Although not in itself an interesting aircraft, I thought I would highlight this one so that you can do any necessary database updating.
Just had A70002 GLF5 N550GA on my box just west of London. Most of you will already have this reg in your database as the Gulfstream G550 demonstrator with C/N 5155. However in February they replaced C/N 5155 with this factory fresh airframe C/N 5211. There is a photo of the new N550GA on airliners for people to upload.
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N550GA&distinct_entry=true
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=550GA
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on April 20, 2009, 06:37:49 PM
Inbound EGNX And on the box now 50801B Antonov Design Bureau AN124-100 Ruslan UR-82007 ADB1450.
John
This was spotted climbing out over Liverpool and when I checked back through the logs it was indeed climbing to FL320. Suspect the route information (UGGG - EGNX) was stale and the a/c was outbound from Warton.
cheers
Chris
Cheers Chris thanks for the correction.
I've been to Warton but only saw Hawks and a Nimrod, still better luck next time, who am i idding compared to local traffic it was great.
John
Hi John, just thought I'd mention it as someone had reported seeing a 124 over South Liverpool around that time. I'm assuming it was outbound from Warton ferrying aircraft in/out for maintenance as it definitely wasn't out of LPL, MAN or Hawarden.
cheers
Chris
4BB5D6 TC-MNV A300C4 of MNG Airlines Cargo currently climbing out over Liverpool bay towards the IOM. Looks like a charter out of Manchester.
Also another AN-124 on the box this evening: 508003 UR-82029
This was spotted climbing out over Liverpool and when I checked back through the logs it was indeed climbing to FL320. Suspect the route information (UGGG - EGNX) was stale and the a/c was outbound from Warton.
cheers
Chris
[/quote]
Hi WAL 2T,
Late reply but this deperted EGNX and I can't remember where it was outbound to but this site may be of help for future tie ups.
http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight
HTH Cheers John
Quote from: WAL 2T on April 21, 2009, 05:46:37 PM
4BB5D6 TC-MNV A300C4 of MNG Airlines Cargo currently climbing out over Liverpool bay towards the IOM. Looks like a charter out of Manchester.
Hi All,
Also seen overhere in the Netherlands at about 17:30 LT.
Hi John, many thanks for that. The guy's FL report over Liverpool for the AN124 must have been a bit conservative! I get the EGNX outbouds just before TNT and the first log on my box was FL150 so that pretty much tallies up.
all the best
Chris
Quote from: WAL 2T on April 21, 2009, 06:17:41 PM
Hi John, many thanks for that.
Hi Chris,
it is a great pleasure to me! If you are interested see the details of this from "MyLog" below:
ModeS: 4BB5D6
Reg: TC-MNV
A/C Name: Airbus A300C4-605R
Airline: MNG Airlines Cargo
Callsign: MNB366
StartTime: 2009/04/21 15:29:39
EndTime: 2009/04/21 15:33:24
Altitude: 40000
GS: 431-440
StartPos: N 50 20.3 E 002 03.2
EndPos: N 50 33.6 E 001 47.4
HI 394D01 757-2Q8 F-GTIB Eagle Aviation on the RB now currently SW of Blackpool.
John
Quote from: John Racars on April 21, 2009, 06:52:54 PM
Quote from: WAL 2T on April 21, 2009, 06:17:41 PM
Hi John, many thanks for that.
Hi Chris,
it is a great pleasure to me! If you are interested see the details of this from "MyLog" below:
ModeS: 4BB5D6
Reg: TC-MNV
A/C Name: Airbus A300C4-605R
Airline: MNG Airlines Cargo
Callsign: MNB366
StartTime: 2009/04/21 15:29:39
EndTime: 2009/04/21 15:33:24
Altitude: 40000
GS: 431-440
StartPos: N 50 20.3 E 002 03.2
EndPos: N 50 33.6 E 001 47.4
Thanks for that John, The A300 departed Manchester at 1730UTC as MNB781 heading out to the North West.
cheers
Chris
AN124 UR-82007 has put in another appearance tonight.
Currently on the box at FL330 with routing information CYTR-EDDP, flight no. ADB1452
On the Box now A34631 N31TR B722 @ 32000ft
Nice to get a 727 Biz
Seen on the box today a nice old lady: a Piper J-3C-65 Cub with registration PH-LIK , built 1944, ICAO:484545
Morning all, anyone got any info on 4844B3 flight id P4PRT? picked it up this morning but now showing woth full ads-b presently over manchester area flying ESE at FL390.
Stuart
Hi,
I picked up one of these on a couple of days ago. I watched it on the map as it was heading into Paine Field http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747_Large_Cargo_Freighter. I guess there are only three of them in the world, maybe 4, if the one they had scheduled for service in 2009 is online.
I was just looking at my logs. It looks like I picked up a couple of them. One was N780BA going from KCHS -KPAE and from KPAE - RJGG. N747BC was going from KPAE - KIAB.
Interesting looking aircraft http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing/Boeing-747-4J6(LCF)-Dreamlifter/1453748&tbl=&photo_nr=3&sok=&sort=&prev_id=1455120&next_id=1446736
Prince Albert's Falcon 2000 currently on the box: 4D400C 3A-MGA, FL400, Mode S only
One that never usually pops up on my RB: 484339 Air Astana B752 P4-FAS, flight no. KZR1387. Picked up heading NNE at RADNO and turned right routing towards CHASE... odd route if it's the Almaty-LHR service.
Quote from: WAL 2T on April 28, 2009, 04:25:42 PModd route if it's the Almaty-LHR service.
It isn't. Looks like it made a 50-minute stop at Lasham.
Thanks for the info, mystery solved. Wondered why it wasn't on the LHR arrivals board today. Outbound to Almaty is tonight at 21:05
cheers
Chris
Quote from: WAL 2T on April 28, 2009, 04:25:42 PM
One that never usually pops up on my RB: 484339 Air Astana B752 P4-FAS, flight no. KZR1387. Picked up heading NNE at RADNO and turned right routing towards CHASE... odd route if it's the Almaty-LHR service.
This ac landed Norwich around 17:00 today.
Tom
Hi all it's great to be back. On the box now is 506C14 a Slovenia registered Gulfstream 4 S5-ADC. ElitAvia?
John
Hi saw this on the box 400BC4 Gulfstream5 G-HRDS Air Harrods.
John
Today I heard and logged N501UW departing the Washington DC area as Air Patriot-501 which caught my attention. Turns out it is no longer a US Airways plane. It's used by the US Dept of Justice for repatriations to Latin America.
Hi on the box now is 896079 aB747-2B 4BM(SF) Dubai Air Wing A6-GDP c/s DUB008.
John
I have an unusual one here, at 4300ft to 4500 ft, Mode-S 101010
No details on GATS or Airframes.
Anone any ideas - it seemed to be moving rather slowly, as it has been on the box for a long time for the altitude.
ANother unusual one here - Heights 4300ft to 4600 ft Mode-S F00000 Flight-ID ZZZZZZZZ was heard working Newcastle Tower - bad background noise, from Aircraft went QSY to route while changing Squawk to 7000 No Other details available, unsure of direction but seems slow and low!!!!
Just a heads up that there's a Libyan Arab Cargo AN-124 (5A-DKL) due in at Manchester tomorrow ETA 10:45 local, ETD 14:00. Thanks to TAS Manchester for that information.
Hi on the box now a GLF5 A6D676 N54KB Miranda International Aviation BJT34 it is showing North of Scotland, to the N of Oban.
John
Hi on the box now travelling N toward Carlisle is 71032E MD11 HZ-HM7 SVA007 Saudi Arabian Royal Flight.
John
Another one on the box now, ACE355 GLF4 N93AE American Express, "That'll do Nicely".
John
Hi on the box now 4059F2 Emb-135BJ Legacy Jet Options Ltd G-IRSH.
John
One for your mydb updates: S7 888 (Dublin-Moscow Domodedovo) tonight is VQ-BDE, their latest A320 acquisition.
Now on the box with ICAO:4248DB and flight id SBI888 routing up the Solway coast towards BAGPO
Hi 4401D7 a very nice Cessna 750 Citation X OE-HJA Jet Alliance on the box now.
John
Hi John,
What is the heading of this a/c? May be I can pick up this one when it is crossing the Northsea directing Dutch-, Belgian or Frenchcoast....
HI John he wasn't tracking so not sure of his heading, sorry.
John
OK John, no problem. Nice try.
A7E534 is a GLF4 N608CL Cassandra Lee Flight Operations LLC, very nice colour scheme., sadly no track.
John
Libyan AN-124 was 5A-DKN, landed EGCC @ 10:46. Wonder if anyone caught it on the box? didn't have mine switched on this morning.
Hi WAL 2T,
I'm 5 miles N of EGCC, nothing came up on My Flights or Map. Bit strange.
Hoping to see it depart between 14.00-15.00 hts this pm.
Cheers
Phil
Hi all on the box now is 506C14 a Slovenia registered Gulfstream 4 S5-ADC. ElitAvia? i saw this also May1st.
John
Quote from: phil zech on May 04, 2009, 11:18:45 AM
Hi WAL 2T,
I'm 5 miles N of EGCC, nothing came up on My Flights or Map. Bit strange.
Hoping to see it depart between 14.00-15.00 hts this pm.
Cheers
Phil
Hi Phil,
Many thanks for that. It seems that the a/c mustn't have been mode-s operational which is odd. I did pop over to the AVP earlier to watch it go out before so didn't have the box on. It ended up going out late at 3:50PM an hour after push-start clearance. Pic of it lining up for 23L attached.
cheers
Chris
(actually I didn't check the details for the change of aircraft. 5A-DKN was reported this morning via libhomeradar with a miscoded id: 00C006)
[attachment deleted by admin]
Hi Chris,
Yes I found out from Yahoo Mode S group is was 00C006. Which I assume is a mis code.
This did in fact show on take-off as ZS-YVT !!!
They dont make it easy for us do they.
Cloud was to low to see on take-off even from Sale.
Maybe next time !!
Nice shot by the way.
Cheers
Phil
Hi A1F3FD Glf5 N225EE KAI77 of Kaiser Air is currently S bound on the box at 35000 sqwk 5066. He is shown as Farnborough to Inverness but it appears he is on the return leg.
John
Edit now 40900
I picked up Hex code 00C006 and I wondered what it was! I got an odd callsign/flight ID for this too - 350T3U32
LCR should be operating additional AN124 pick-ups from EGCC on 13th and 20th May so this is a potential opportunity to tie up the other aircraft.
Caught this evening transiting the UK was a brand new Mustang on delivery to Spain.
34340A EC-LAF C510
Someone got a picture of it night-stopping in Goose Bay yesterday.
http://flightaware.com/photos/view/photo/48145-3a2c0afb5e99463ce63b00059c19f4150ff524ff;tail=ECLAF;o=2
Hi All, New user here based in Lanarkshire,Scotland.
This was scurrying over Scotland at the weekend
(http://i44.tinypic.com/3006uyd.jpg)
Hi Brimon and welcome to the forum!
Sorry to put a downer on your first post, but are you sure about that? There are some old photos on Airliners.net, where the photos come from. Can you tell us the Mode-S code of the "Mig"?
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on May 05, 2009, 08:34:34 PM
Hi Brimon and welcome to the forum!
Sorry to put a downer on your first post, but are you sure about that? There are some old photos on Airliners.net, where the photos come from. Can you tell us the Mode-S code of the "Mig"?
Rod
Unfortunately Rod I am just new to this & was so busy playing about with the thing,& to be honest I don't really know what I should record,that I didn't pay it much attention until I looked in the log on Saturday.I do recall though it was showing as a Polish aircraft.
I know what to look for now though! Thanks for the advice.
As you said Rod, looks like an old picture?
The hit on the Polish MIG ties up with F-RADC which is an A310 operating for the French AF.
Now that rings a bell!!
HI 50801C Antonov Design Bureau AN124 Ruslan UR-82008 ADB1488 is on the box now ht 29325 hdg 084 Sqwk 1417. Possibly to Prestwick?
John
Hi Brimon,
Welcome. Nice to see another user from Lanarkshire. If you need any advice or have any queries don't hesitate to inform a very helpful forum. There are also loads of threads you can plough through giving useful information.
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on May 07, 2009, 09:38:03 AM
Hi Brimon,
Welcome. Nice to see another user from Lanarkshire. If you need any advice or have any queries don't hesitate to inform a very helpful forum. There are also loads of threads you can plough through giving useful information.
Ian
Thanks Ian,
I am in Lanark area & have spent years looking up.I decided rather than guess what they were & where they were going I would try to track them.
Must admit I though when I bought the box a week or so ago I thought "I'll use it sometimes" ....now I am adicted.
Bought myself an airband scanner & now looking at antennas for both the scanner & airnav, any recommendations gratefully received.The wife is going to end up killing me!
Brimon,
I'm just along the road from you in East Kilbride and, like you, have been spotting for many years. In my case, 40 years.
I have installed in the loft a BS1100 aerial which I purchased from AOR. It came complete with 10m of coax and fittings. It has improved the range greatly. You could try their website www.aoruk.com
I'm sure others will probably have their favourites. If you check back there are several threads on the subject. Just sweeten the wife up with a bunch of flowers now and again and when she calls you for dinner be sure to show willing !
Cheers,
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on May 07, 2009, 01:50:57 PM
Brimon,
I'm just along the road from you in East Kilbride and, like you, have been spotting for many years. In my case, 40 years.
I have installed in the loft a BS1100 aerial which I purchased from AOR. It came complete with 10m of coax and fittings. It has improved the range greatly. You could try their website www.aoruk.com
I'm sure others will probably have their favourites. If you check back there are several threads on the subject. Just sweeten the wife up with a bunch of flowers now and again and when she calls you for dinner be sure to show willing !
Cheers,
Ian
Ian,the hill at East Kilbride interferes with my view of the last 150Ft of descent into Glasgow airport,any chance you can get the spade out & dig a couple of hundred feet away from blantyre up? No hurry within the next week or two will do.
Hi on the box now 7103EB Saudi Arabian Special Flight Services Glf4 HZ-AFY ht 40000 Sqwk 7652.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on May 08, 2009, 07:03:51 AM
Hi on the box now 7103EB Saudi Arabian Special Flight Services Glf4 HZ-AFY ht 40000 Sqwk 7652.
John
just past over me in donegal, Saudi Arabian Special Flight Services.
2009/04/03 10:27:27
Quote from: Brimon on May 07, 2009, 03:23:31 PM
Ian,the hill at East Kilbride interferes with my view of the last 150Ft of descent into Glasgow airport,any chance you can get the spade out & dig a couple of hundred feet away from blantyre up? No hurry within the next week or two will do.
Brimon,
Got the wife working on the problem now At least I think that's what the spade is for!
Ian
Beware wife with spade !!
Just watching G-WJAN, ex My Travel 752(winglets?) with flight id of 116L. This aircraft now belongs to Thomas Cook, not sure if it's been painted yet.
Passing DCS, looks like heading towards Prestwick
Just been reliably informed that it has been painted :)
A64AFB - Private B737-7 BBJ N500LS heading NW past Blackpool FL280
Departed BHX
HI I have A64AFB - Private B737-7 BBJ N500LS now just leaving the Irish Coast Wesbound at 38000 Sqwk 7646.
John
The BBJ was used by the billionaire chairman of the co. which owns Victorias Secret amongst other things. Seeing as it is on it's way back to Columbus OH I would imagine that it still is. Just something which may be of interest to the cross-dressing spotter fraternity ;)
Hi 738C02 747-271C/SCD 4X-ICM CAL- Cargo Air Lines ICL931 Liege (EBLG) to NY (KJFK) 29950 Sqwk 0114, currently on the box.
John
Hi there,
On the network now RFDS (Western Operations)
VH-KWO
PILATUS
C/N 363
Just recorded over London was AB2EE0 N82DU EA50 Embraer Phenom (C/N shows it is the 8th example built). OTTSpotters have that it came across the pond and will be on display at EBACE Geneva.
An interesting aircraft on two fronts is 4012C3 G-MASH. It is not ADS-B but it is a transponder equipped Westland-Bell 47G built in 1969. What makes it doubly interesting is that the registered owner is Kinetic Avionics Ltd. The rivals in this industry.
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=detailnosummary&fullregmark=MASH
Airnav support, to keep up with the Jones's maybe you need to get your company an ADS-B equipped Hiller HT-12 or the like ;-)
Quote from: DaveR on March 09, 2008, 02:54:54 PM
Ok, I'll try again
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2321210388_ab0d1ee005_o.jpg)
Thanks for all the tips. I was watching the footy but to continue would be torture for me as a Teessider. So perhaps while I'm on a role
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2320534267_07f1af1bc1_o.jpg)
Right better knock it off now unless I see something really good.
Hi All,
On the screen now:
Airbus A380 F-WWOW (c/n 001);
Flightid: AIB101
Position: north of EDDL, heading nne
Those local to these parts may have noticed G-FPLB (ICAO:400841) Beech 200 belonging to Cobham Flight Inspection up and about for much of the afternoon. This aircraft has been calibrating the new CAT III ILS installation at Liverpool RW27.
As seen whizzing over my back garden at a rate of many knots.
3A3E6F Air Caraibes A332 F-OPTP flight no. CAJ551 routing towards TLA and descending. Prestwick? EDI? anyone?
F-OPTP now heading back out to the South passing Dean Cross through FL280. Flight no CAJ1552
15407A Volga-Dnepr Airlines AN124 Flight VDA4325 UNNT - KVCV - Tracked going over Reno NV at 33000 FT at 2336 utc 11May
Lots of aerial photography going on today in the Scottish Highlands. The following aircraft all logged today:
Reg Flight ID Type Airline
G-BWLF C404 Blom Aerofilms
G-MAPP GMAPP C402 Simmons Aerofilms Limited
G-NOSE GNOSE C402 Ordnance Survey
G-TASK GTASK C404 Ordnance Survey
PH-PIX PHPIX SW3 Aerodata Remote-Sensing B.V.
Hi Tarbat interesting any idea what the reason is?
I have logged this one today over most of the afternoon and wonder if it was involved also? C818A ZK-MOH Aero Commander 690 NZ Aerial Mapping Limited.
John
Well at least it won't be Google street!!
Old timer on the box right now: ABFFF5D DC8-71F N872SJ of Murray Air which was at Shannon over the weekend.
Also: 154094 AN124 RA-82068 of Polet Flight, flight no. POT846
I was mobile on Monday, with the RB and laptop on the passanger seat.
In the Buxton area at about 19:30 Hrs, when paused, I noticed a Mode-S of 0000C4 - Flight-ID AEW - Log shows on system from 19:27 till 19:37 hrs Full ABS-B with start position 52-55.3N by 1-04.5W end position 53-39.4N by 1-58.6W
Anyone any ideas?
Quote from: jgrloit on May 13, 2009, 12:21:28 PM
I was mobile on Monday, with the RB and laptop on the passanger seat.
In the Buxton area at about 19:30 Hrs, when paused, I noticed a Mode-S of 0000C4 - Flight-ID AEW - Log shows on system from 19:27 till 19:37 hrs Full ABS-B with start position 52-55.3N by 1-04.5W end position 53-39.4N by 1-58.6W
Anyone any ideas?
Hi yes I have this logged too but didn't spot it at the time. The hit on libhomeradar for this aircraft reports a flight no. vv00000 of which the vv prefix belongs to Aerosvit.
Quote from: jgrloit on May 13, 2009, 12:21:28 PM
I was mobile on Monday, with the RB and laptop on the passanger seat.
In the Buxton area at about 19:30 Hrs, when paused, I noticed a Mode-S of 0000C4 - Flight-ID AEW - Log shows on system from 19:27 till 19:37 hrs Full ABS-B with start position 52-55.3N by 1-04.5W end position 53-39.4N by 1-58.6W
Anyone any ideas?
According to airframes this is a miscode for N474EA a B737-448 with c/n 24474. The correct modeS should have been A5D05B. Seems to be one helluva miscode !
Quote from: WAL 2T on May 13, 2009, 12:39:02 PMHi yes I have this logged too but didn't spot it at the time. The hit on libhomeradar for this aircraft reports a flight no. vv00000 of which the vv prefix belongs to Aerosvit.
Quote from: jgrloit on May 13, 2009, 12:21:28 PM
I was mobile on Monday, with the RB and laptop on the passanger seat.
In the Buxton area at about 19:30 Hrs, when paused, I noticed a Mode-S of 0000C4 - Flight-ID AEW - Log shows on system from 19:27 till 19:37 hrs Full ABS-B with start position 52-55.3N by 1-04.5W end position 53-39.4N by 1-58.6W
Anyone any ideas?
Interesting. I had it northbound from 19:03 to 19:23 UTC on Monday, level at FL280, tracking from roughly Boulogne to Kettering.
The VV prefix is also commonly used by the US Navy, so maybe another miscoded E-6 ?
Quote from: DaveReid on May 13, 2009, 12:48:27 PMThe VV prefix is also commonly used by the US Navy, so maybe another miscoded E-6 ?
On the other hand, N474EA was ferried from Nimes to OKC via KEF on Monday, so scrub the Mercury ... !
I picked it up just East of Corby and tracked it up to where the A74M runs into the M74 just south of Glasgow, still at FL280. NAT-B/C routing then?
Looked a bit further into this. According to my records c/n 24474 is/was registered to Aerosvit as UR-VVJ. Therefore it could be a lease return.
Ian
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on May 12, 2009, 10:55:13 PMHi Tarbat interesting any idea what the reason is?
My guess is the Ordnance Survey are taking advantage of the clear skies we've got all this week to renew their aerial photography of the Highlands.
In the skies today were:
Reg Flight ID Type Airline
G-MAPP GMAPP C402 Simmons Aerofilms Limited
G-NOSE GNOSE C402 Ordnance Survey
G-TASK GTASK C404 Ordnance Survey
PH-PIX PHPIX SW3 Aerodata Remote-Sensing B.V.
ZK-MOH N Z Aerial Mapping Limited
Quote from: malc41 on May 13, 2009, 09:56:37 AMWell at least it won't be Google street!!
We've already been done - http://tarbatness.blogspot.com/2008/08/google-street-map.html
Hi 400BC8 G-BNUN Beech 58P in full BMA colours is on the box now, ht 1800 sqwk 4367.
John
HI 4CA242 Ryanair 737-8AS EI-DCL RYR426 ht 31000 hdg 141 sqwk 7023 in full Boeing dreamliner colours on the box now.
John
Working Scottish on 126.925 just asked for descent into WICK Female US pilot said it was first time this type has been in Europe
I logged this this morning at 9.25 on Radarbox. AB2ED N82DU Emb500 Phenom100 registered to James C Frost?
John
Well they do say its cold at altitude
Hi on the box now Estonia registered LJ60 51102E ES-PVP registered to AIA (U3) Avies?
John
Canon John re N82DU see my post #892.
This aircraft came in on May 9th for display at EBACE Geneva. It is obviously on its way home now.
HI ACW and thanks saw on another site also a reference to this aircraft, never trust a woman!!!!
A nice catch early this morning was 896257 B737-86Q A6-FDA of Flybubai.
John
Hi Canonjohns, what time was A6-FDA at ?
Cheers
HI701 5.33utc 6.33 local.
John
This one 4843DF PA31-350 Navajo Chieftain PH-OTH of KLM Aerocartia looks fantastic in KLM colours. Ht 9100 sqwk 4366.
John
Hi All
5A-DKN A124 Libyan Air Cargo at 9100ft going into MAN Code 00C006
Cheers
Phil
Quote from: phil zech on May 16, 2009, 09:36:19 AM
Hi All
5A-DKN A124 Libyan Air Cargo at 9100ft going into MAN Code 00C006
What a sight !!! Just eye-balled approx 4 miles out - one of the slowest descents seen -took an age to get down from 9000ft!!
For some reason my box was showing the reg as ZS-YFT on same code???
Good morning at EGCC today with lots of biz visiting for the game Old Trafford also!!
Marpleman
Cheers
Phil
An interesting one on the network is 34239A Registered EC-330 with callsign CASA330. It is a KC-30A destined for the Royal Australian Air Force testing over spain with CASA.
HI anyone any info for 4009FD G-SPHU EC135T-2 ht 1825 sqwk0020. At that height seems local to me but not our police heli which is G-PSNI.
John
EDIT: Check on Airframes shows
G-SPHU Eurocopter EC-135T-2 4009FD RHD - Bond Air Services Remarks: Strathclyde Police
-UNKNOWN- 4009FD wrong ICAO24 edit
Remarks: Sending incorrect ICAO24 address 4009FD (of G-SPHU) on mode-S. (2007-02-02)
HI guys anyone seeing A944B7? He is a Glf5 N697A, showing on the map presently south of Enniskillen NI and showering masses of purple rain.
John
Hi Heading SE is 89621F A320-232 A6-DLM Abu Dhabi Amiri Flight C/SA6DLM he is over Northern Ireland ht28500 decending hdg 150 sqwk 3377.
John
Edit just coasting out Northern Ireland continuing to decend now 15350 18.59 utc.
Edit Dublin seems the likely airport now. A Polet 124 from Abu Dhabi is reportedly on the ground at Belfast International as i type.
Currently have C818AC Aero Commander ZK-MOH of N.Z.Aerial Mapping on the box. Long way from home for this one.
On the box now P-632 Air Koryo TU-204 working for Cubana
Hi up and about very late is this very nice Challenger 424252 VP-BGM Canadair CL-600-2B16 ht 37000 sqwk1424.
John
Not such an interesting aircraft but a great callsign.
400A34 BIGGLES G-CELB B733 Jet2 (Channel Exp... 2009/05/24 18:14:54
Does anyone know anything about this aircraft that appears in my log quite often?
C818AC ZK-MOH Aero Commander 690 NZ Mapping Ltd
Thanks
Terry
Quote from: gzerovti on May 25, 2009, 09:48:37 AMDoes anyone know anything about this aircraft that appears in my log quite often?
C818AC ZK-MOH Aero Commander 690 NZ Mapping Ltd
Some previous discussion at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=543.msg23176#msg23176
Were the other mapping aircraft in your list at the same time?
Hi Tarbat,
Thanks for the reply.
I have looked through my log for today and I cannot see any other survey aircraft listed.
It came into my log at 10.58 and about the same time on Saturday. I have seen it in the log several times though and at first I used to think it was the ANZ flight that comes over every day to Heathrow.
Terry
Here is a very unusual visitor 7C3803 DHC-8-202Q Dash8 VH-LCL flight ID VH-LCL, LADS Hydrography -Laser Airborne Depth Sounder, ht 24000 sqwk 2763.
John
This one's been all over the map this afternoon. Over Antarctica, then over Australia drawing boxes on the screen, even over Scotland occasionally. Altitude of 110,000ft is interesting as well!!!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3566287731_ef7afe4c5f_o.jpg)
110,000ft what engines is it fitted with!!!
If the Awayday post is anything to go by, perhaps it's got a baked bean digestor rocket ;-)
Rod
Hopefully two of them, one on each side.
Quote from: tarbat on May 26, 2009, 02:54:38 PM
This one's been all over the map this afternoon. Over Antarctica, then over Australia drawing boxes on the screen, even over Scotland occasionally. Altitude of 110,000ft is interesting as well!!!
It certainly covered my map display in purple rain.
Emirates A380 A6-ADD flight number UAE201 crossing westbound over Edinburgh now !!
Cheers,
Ian
Thats A6-EDD ;-)
They are really spreading themselfs around lately.
So is it true the A380 finishes on the Dubai to JFK route tomorrow,
being replaced by Boeing 777s.
You are quite correct. It should read A6-EDD. Got over excited with finally seeing one overhead this neck of the woods and yes the JFK route finishes tomorrow to be replaced with 777's.
Cheers,
Ian
Perfect timing so, obviously they choose the scenic route for there farewell journey ;-)
Best wishes.
Good effort!
The picture isn't actually G-CCJM as I couldn't find one, but the type is correct.
13.45 : EIA427 N249BA approaching West Cork off the sea, heading west towards Kerry.
Boeing 747 Dreamlifter
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?search_active=1&search=&sheadline=&domains=Airliners.net&sitesearch=Airliners.net&client=pub-8297169501225184&forid=1&channel=1924797129&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT%3A%23E6E8FA%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23000000%3BVLC%3AE6E8FA%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3A45678C%3BLBGC%3A45678C%3BALC%3AE6E8FA%3BLC%3AE6E8FA%3BT%3AC4C8CC%3BGFNT%3AC4C8CC%3BGIMP%3AC4C8CC%3BLH%3A36%3BLW%3A639%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcdn-www.airliners.net%2Fgraphics%2Fopen_file_header_image.jpg%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.airliners.net%3BFORID%3A1%3B&hl=en&search_field=datedesc&q=N249BA&submit=
(http://homepage.eircom.net/~squad701/AirNav%20RadarBox%202009%20Shot%20at%2020090531%201255%20UTC.gif)
40081A - BAE146-300 G-LUXE - Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements, flight id: METMAN
ZF573 - An Islander owned by the RAF anyone know what it is used for seems to be up and about alot!
Tom
Quote from: ukv1290 on June 01, 2009, 05:47:41 PM
ZF573 - An Islander owned by the RAF anyone know what it is used for seems to be up and about alot!
Do you have a mobile phone ? :-)
UKV
Here is the official story from the RAF website. http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafnortholt/aboutus/aircraft_equipment.cfm
"The Islander operated by the RAF Northolt Station Flight is a military variant of the Britten-Norman BN-2T Islander aircraft. The Flight operates two CC Mk2 aircraft, registrations ZF573 and ZH537, in the photographic mapping and light communications roles. The aircraft can be configured in a passenger or freight configuration and can also be used for pilot/aircrew training. The Station Flight was formed in August 1991 and currently operates with 8 pilots, 1 navigators and 11 engineers. " " Some minor modifications have been made to the aircraft in order to accomplish their flexible role. "
They also now have ZH536, the flexible role quote and the fact they have more "engineers" than pilots is the telling one. You are right that they are up and about at all times of day and night and will often run relays with one taking off 20 mins or so before another lands. They can often be found operating on Heathrow approach 120.4. The callsigns seen on the Mode-S (ie KRF03) are fixed and do not reflect the individual Rafair callsigns they use on their missions. Their customer is not the RAF and that is about all that needs to be said on this forum.
Awsome! Thanks for that information!!
Tom
Hi Guys
N828BX DC8 ATI (AB4EC2) just passed north of Stockport, heading almost due West at 34000 ft trailing beautifully!!!
What a splendid sight - not many knocking around these days :-(
Lot's of visable freigters up and about in the North West tonight
Cheers
Rich
Too true - earlier this evening I had the bins on An124 UR-82008 overhead and heading south, beautifully glinting in the sunshine - it was at FL300 but seemed a LOT closer.
Rod in Chorley
Also earlier on
N742MA (A9FB0C) B737-83N MIAMI AIR ??
Appeared to be operating a "MAC" flight, calling "RCH733" @35000ft hdg 133
Getting too dark now!!
Marpleman I clocked this MIAMI AIR 73 yesterday....... puzzled me but I'm no expert
wish I had seen the dc8....... a rare sight worth seeing
Evening All
here are a couple of funnies for today - any ideas??
Firstly, this one's been popping up on the list all weekend,but put in another couple of appearences today:-
484BCF - not showing on the data base, no type, nothing, but sporadic altitudes being displayed? It's a Dutch coding, but I cannot find anything on GAS or the web.
When it appeared today, twice this morning, it corresponded with a cream/beige Cessna 400 series/Navajo or similar with tip tanks, buzzing around the EGCC (Manchester) holding zone at around 6000 feet - this was around 11 am BST.
Secondly,and more interestingly, early evening saw 3F9330 appear on the list - again not showing on my data base, but showing on the Aerodata RadarBox Analyser as a German AF F4!!!!
Whilst I'm familiar with the AirNav by exception giving spurious reg's/pictures based on often repeated mil codes etc, I can't recall much along the lines of the Hex code being wrong?
Anyone aware of any German F4's knocking about early evening in the North West - Warton or Valley perhaps and en-routr home?
Apologies if the later should have gone in the "interesting mil" section, but didn't seem worth opening a new post!
Unfortunately no DC8's tonight!!!
Cheers
Rich
Hi Rich,
I belive 484BCF is PH-SVX PAY2
http://www.airframes.org/reg/phsvx
http://www.libhomeradar.org/aircraft/PH-SVX.html
3F9330 reported as 38+48 F4 on one of the mil forums but not 100% confirmed as tactical codes are sometimes reused
EDIT :- 3xF4 Refueling with a KC10 up Scotland way
HTH John
Air Force 1 on the box between 05.45 and 06.33 from Dublin.
On it's way to Saudi Arabia, looks like I missed it by about 10mins,
if it did go overhead Dublin, not a happy camper :-(
Yeah I logged AF1 also...467 messages from it between 06:20 - 06:59 but start altitude reported as 30975 and end altitude reported as flying at 5775 feet - disinformation I would think or was he coming down for a reason en-route to Saudi?
...a little earlier;
ADFEB5 74-0787 BE- Boeing E-4B (747-200B) US Mil 2 Callsign BOSS87
Clocked 1065 messages Start altitude 33000 - End altitude 8000 between 05:30 - 06:16
...and a few hours later;
ADFEB7 98-0001 B752 Boeing C-32A (757-2G4) US Mil 2 Callsign S91
Clocked 298 messages from it flying through at 33,000ft between 08:58 - 09:27
Not looked any harder to see what else might have come through...
*UPDATE* I did notice a few 'interesting' callsigns from 'unrecognised' US Mil aircraft although I have used up all of my 151 punts on airframes.org so couldn't check out the type, F-15 escort maybe?
REAPR11 (formerly known as GRIM11 & RAMBO11) AE25D5
MUGGER23 AE2D01
EAGLE12 AE2CF6
DEADLY23 (also formerly known as GRIM11 & REAPR11) AE2817
DEDLY21 (formerly known as HITMN21 HOSER21 DEATH21) AE2803
Regards,
-=Glyn=-
John
Thanks for the info re the Dutch Cheyenne - seems to fit the bill!
As regards the GAF F4, I also had the KC10 showing at the same time, so I suppose one of the Phantoms must have come slightly south at some point
Thanks again
Regards
Rich
Citation 560xls SP-KCS (48A451) just over EGCC trailing like a beauty heading due East @ FL410
Rich
Hi I'm seeing this on network presently heading NW towards towards Strumble AAE2CF B737-7BC BBj AEJ Services N800KS ht 36000 hdg 335 sqwk 2367.
John
Guess who!
You would think that they would transmit full ADS-B data.
TWO FAA CV580's in formation near Louisville - anyone know why they still use these beauties?
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/FAA%20Convairs.jpg)
Beech Super King Air B200GT
ModeS - 406006
Reg - G-SYGB
On full ADS-B,
FL270 Over Yorkshire this afternoon.
One of the smallest aircraft to appear in my list.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3413/3632266203_64ca5eb10b_o.jpg)
A long way from home - it's based at Halton. Used to be Rotax-powered, but now has a Jabiru.
Yes, tracked down to 1600ft, so suspect he went into Easter Airfield.
Good job we had the outline then :-)
I logged this one yesterday: N348MS (http://airwayphotos.net/index.php?action=show_list&form_post=1&search_register=N348MS) - Scaled Composites / Virgin Galactic
Logged another Scaled Composites aircraft today, this time it was N281PR (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N281PR)
Lucky you - are you near Mojave?
Rod
Location, Location, Location!
My apologies, not sure why my location in the profile doesn't appear in the forum. Anyway I am located in southern California (Riverside County near March ARB) which is south of the Mojave desert but I can receive stuff from Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Bakersfield, Edwards AFB, 29 Palms down to Orange/San Diego counties.
Hi this is an unusal one for me anyhow. 471801 HA-FAB Farnair Europe f27-500 Friendship ht 18100 sqwk 2546.
John
AE0978 01-0076 C-37A c/s SPAR76 ht 40000 sqwk 7123 hdg NW currently N of Liverpool showing on the map.
John
Update just coasted out hdg NW abeam Blackpool.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on June 17, 2009, 07:12:54 PM
AE0978 01-0076 C-37A c/s SPAR76 ht 40000 sqwk 7123 hdg NW currently N of Liverpool showing on the map.
John
Got him - passed direct over EGCC two minutes ago,trailing nicely in the sun
Rich
On radar over Blackpool right now SPAR 76--AE0987.
Regards Terry.
Nice one Rich if he stays on current track I might just see him also.
John
Biz Jet crazy tonight !!
N685TA gulf 5 (A91774) FL383 full ADS-B exactly same route as SPAR76 five minutes earlier!!
Rich
John
N685TA GV now tracking further north hdg 300 deg - but again trailing nicely
keep your eyes peeled
Rich
HI re AE0978 I have a shower of purple rain seems to be from that source anyone else?
John
Cheers Rich will do.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on June 17, 2009, 07:22:46 PM
HI re AE0978 I have a shower of purple rain seems to be from that source anyone else?
John
He was ok with me - tracked him from EGNX to over the coast EGNH as per Terry mentioned
rich
AE0978 Now overhead my home clear as a bell. Passed directly overhead not trailing but glinting in the sun.
John
Purple rain lasted very short time but appeared to be from his track?
John
Quote from: Marpleman on June 17, 2009, 07:14:27 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on June 17, 2009, 07:12:54 PM
AE0978 01-0076 C-37A c/s SPAR76 ht 40000 sqwk 7123 hdg NW currently N of Liverpool showing on the map.
John
Got him - passed direct over EGCC two minutes ago,trailing nicely in the sun
Rich
Bit too far west for me to see him now!
James
Looks like N685TA GV is going to track very close to overhead me also eyes peeled.
A91774 N685TA GV ht 43025 sqwk 3234.
John
Nice Indian Biz Jet 800140 VT-TBT Dassault Falcon 2000 Taj Air Ltd Ht 43600 sqwk 6613.
John
An Ilyushin Il-62M (RA-86466) and a Ilyushin Il-96-300 (RA-96016) visited Eham today . Aboard the first one was the president of Russia. Not regular customers overhere.
Frank
Hi all,
The Rolls Royce Spitfire was up twice yesterday 403A2C G-RRGN out of EGNX East Midlands but I did not pick him up on my box even though he passed directly overhead my house. So it looks like its not mode-s yet just an allocation. Has anyone picked this up?
Cheers John
G-LUXE doing circuits at Northolt.
Thought I was seeing things for a moment. RCH728 appearing on the map transmitting ADSB over Scotland. Turns out it is N763BK B767-3Z9 c/n 23765 formerly of XL Airways now with Ryan International. Obviously doing a troop carrying flight but, nonetheless interesting to be transmitting ADSB.
just seen
43c202 zd703 h25b 32 squadron royal flight 24000ft .....somewhere over the north midlands
Just had N2CC (A18D86) GLF4 jumping around the screen like a frog!!
One minute he's approx 12 miles east of me at EGCC, twenty seconds later, he's 12 miles west.........................full ADS-B also
anyone else picking him up?
by the way this was with version 2 before any one gets too carried away!
Cheers
Rich
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/3681538898_fb72d976a1_o.jpg)
EW-269TI (510044) Antonov AN12BP Ruby Star at FL24 on the box - no ADS-B unfortunately - anyone seen him
Think it was in Farnborough last week with racehorses??
Rich
This aircraft has appeared again today, and it's good to see that autopopulating actually works sometimes!! The Airline field has been populated with "Haltergemeinschaft LTV"
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2558/3684147878_0d79b05735_o.jpg)
Just watched a FCS AC returning home to EDVE.
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z157/neroon79/Airnav%20RADAR%20Box/FCSAC2.jpg)
And landing...
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z157/neroon79/Airnav%20RADAR%20Box/AirNavRadarBox2009-30BetaShotat2-3.gif)
Anyone know anything about an Isreali aircraft Mode-S 738A55 currently at 25000 Squawk 3435 over the borders or southern Scotland>
Nothing listed at GAS or on Airframes.
Got two - 738A55 and 738A56 - both unknowns.
Can anyone shed any light on 505D98/OMHLX showing off the North Cornwall coast. I`ve tried Airframes.
He must be watching
Quote from: anorak on July 03, 2009, 05:21:55 PM
Can anyone shed any light on 505D98/OMHLX showing off the North Cornwall coast. I`ve tried Airframes.
B733 24011, ex EI-DOM, probably on airtest from Lasham.
Thanks Dave, thought it might be from Lasham, they seem to airtest over here. Wonder if they have a spare seat?
Quote from: tarbat on July 03, 2009, 04:35:01 PM
Got two - 738A55 and 738A56 - both unknowns.
Hi Tarbat,
400 - 738A53 Ferry Reg N80344
414 - 738A54 Ferry Reg N8010R
456 - 738A55 Ferry Reg N80348
470 - 738A56 Ferry Reg N8011N
All Raytheon T-6 Texan II (PC-9M US Built) TEX2 for Israel Air Force, Fuel stopped at Wick then on to Ostend. 2 today, 2 yesterday.
HTH John
Fed-up flightcrew?
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/Crap.jpg)
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on July 05, 2009, 06:10:48 PM
Fed-up flightcrew?
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/Crap.jpg)
Rod
Great find Rod! :-)
That's a classic...
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Quote from: RodBearden on July 05, 2009, 06:10:48 PM
Fed-up flightcrew?
(http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/Crap.jpg)
Rod
Surely worthy of one of your special logo's eh Rod??
:-)
Rich
I wonder why an Australian helicopter, with an Australian sounding pilot, is flying "sightseeing" trips from Skibo Castle?
He's not popular with the Tain Range controllers at the moment!!!
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2536/3693082391_3342d861d2_m.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3693082391/sizes/o/)
Hi All,
Just in my area of reception. The first Garuda since been under European ban?
(http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp18/Bierboum/AirNav/Garuda.png?t=1246908683)
OK-TEC
CSA must have had a very light load factor on their flight into EGCC this evening - (and once before in Feb):-)
Wonder who served the refreshments??
Hi John,
The aircraft in question was on delivery to Viking and is due to be re-registered as SE-RHV ,
Best wishes,
Mark
Hi Mark,
Thank you for this information!
Informations in the Dutch AirNews says today that European ban's against some Indonesian carreers, Garuda Indonesia included, can be espected to be abolish in the next coming two weeks.
Hi everyone,
Could people in Europe please check their logs for C-GPGD?
It is the Challenger of Canadian billionaire Paul G Desmarais, who is said to be very influent in Europe and have put Sarkozy in power. With the G8 summit, I'm sure he is around...
Unusual to see an autogyro with ModeS:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3701059131_22ba8e793c_o.jpg)
probably trying to beat the rush before they all need it?
Does anyone know why DHL 757 BCS100F is flying a continual orbit between Cottesmore and Wittering at 10,000ft. Is this a flight test?
Hi all just back from a week bowling in Perth, on with the box and this beauty appeared. 4001DA VP-CZY Boeing 727-2P1 Adv(RE) Super 27 ht 35000 hdg 025 sqwk 5030. Overhead my Location.
John
HI This one is now 16.50UTC hdg 205 ht 35025 sqwk 5030 heading back towards NI coastline.
John
Welcome back John - are you picking him up on radio? He's on my MyFlights, but non-ADS-B.
Rod
Hi Rod not on Radio tried local freqs but nothing heared I am seeing him on the map now just left NI airspace heading SW.
John
Picked up VP-CZY crossing between Ireland and Scotland went northwards at FL350 over TRN and Prestwick turned southwards in a big left hand turn trailing nicely and flw south over Arran back to Northern Ireland. Believe it was on a test out of Shannon.
Air Dubai 737 A6-FDC just left Glasgow for Dubai on delivery with a mode S of 896266 and a flight number of FZ9737 . Last saw it 10 minutes ago south of Teeside.
Hi on the box now is 440047 Dornier 328-300 328Jet of Tyrolean Jet Service flight TJS32 OE-HTJ ht 29000 sqwk 3261.
John
Hi Guys,
Open golf on this week at Turnberry. Expect plenty bizjets heading for Prestwick.
Ian
Hi all a very nice Corporate Jet crossing Northern Ireland hdg NE. 3C51C1 A319-133X CJ D-ADNA DCS359 Damiler Chyrsler Aviation ht 24000 decending sqwk 622 hdg 028. Looks like inbound to Prestwick possibly for the British Open golf.
John
Edit not Prestwick possible Edinburgh.
Edit nope Glasgow.
Hi this one just passed overhead my home A9A3C6 Boeing 737-7AK BBJ N720CH ht 36000 hdg 300 sqwk 5637. Reg operator N720CH Inc.
John
Hi all a nice one leaving Dublin for Tel-Aviv Ben Gurion A12922 4X-BAU Boeing 757-3E7 of Arkia Israeli Airlines. Ht 29400 climbing hdg 123 sqwk 2737.
John
Hi all a nice onre this evening AAE99E DHL McDonnell Douglas DC8-73(F) N802DH DHL908 ht 37025 sqwk 2010 from Wilmington Ohio to Leipzig Halle.
John
No position, but nice to see in the list :-)
Strange one today:
Mode S: 7277A8
Reg: P-632
AC: Tu-204-300
Country: DPR Korea
Airline: Air Koryo
It sent Cubana flight IDs, and I know Cubana flies a Tu-204 to SKBO. Yesterday, for example, it was a Cuban-registered Tu-204-100.
I wonder, though, why Cubana is flying the North Korean Tupolev ... is it bought, leased, or what?
The Cubana Tu-204 went via Shannon on delivery, and just has a North Korean box in it. It was delivered new - delivery was delayed for a while waiting for finance I believe.
Maybe they just wanted to piss the American's with that Hex Code!
Rick
Hi here's a nice one up and about late on. 4CA18B Locheed Hercules L-100-30 EI-JIV OSRL Oil Spill Response (Air Contractors) (Safair) ABR01P Ht 18000 hdg 000 sqwk 5427.
John
Spy Plane,my first one at 50,000ft.
C-FPXY Pilatus PC12 fl280 Polehill hding NW
C-FPXY arrived at Fairoaks this morning.
Graham
Just noticed A6-KNH inbound LTN/STN. Nothing special here except this is the first Canadair aircraft I have noticed with ADS-B equipment.
Graham
Dreamlifter just passing to the NE of London.
Hi re Dreamlifter He is decending presently 24000 hdg 325 sqwk2770 inbound Prestwick?
Continuing descent now17500 hdg 319
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on July 22, 2009, 05:57:36 PMHi He is decending presently 24000 hdg 325 sqwk2770 inbound Prestwick?
Probably - that's his usual stop en route from Naples.
Regular stopover at Prestwick on its way to Charleston.
Picking up 80-1091 U2 now
Hawker Hunter T8B picked up between 13.23 and 13.35
Alt 22900 start 4300 end
Located 4 miles N of Huntingdon
Mode S
43C155
43C3EA
43C1BB
43C600
43C3C4
43C3E3
43C3E4
43C13C
43C5FC
43C601
43C3BE
43C3F7
43C3B1
I have checked the usual sites Airframes.org and Garwick Aviation Society but no good
Help Anyone
Have you tried http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/
The first one (43C155) is logged as ZA542, a Tornado GR4.
thank you
I will try that website and see where is leads me
Cheers
Quote from: charlie on July 23, 2009, 04:51:26 PM
Mode S
43C155
43C3EA
43C1BB
43C600
43C3C4
43C3E3
43C3E4
43C13C
43C5FC
43C601
43C3BE
43C3F7
43C3B1
I have checked the usual sites Airframes.org and Garwick Aviation Society but no good
Help Anyone
Hello Charlie,
From my own logs
43C155 = ZA542 TOR
43C3EA = ZG511 or ZG530 HAR unconfirmed seen reports for both
43C1BB = ZD744 TOR
43C600 = ZJ235 B412
43C3C4 = ZD409 HAR
43C3E3 = ZG504 HAR
43C3E4 = ZG505 HAR
43C13C = ZA557 TOR
43C5FC = ZJ242 B412
43C601 = ZJ237 B412
43C3BE = ZD403 HAR
43C3F7 = ZH659 HAR
43C3B1 = ZD346 HAR
HTH Cheers John
Hello
Cheers John a great help
Thanks again
Charlie
Swiftair MD83 EC-JUG just off Prestwick heading to Palma as SWT552 is showing a modeS of AB686C which identifies it as its old identity of N834NK
EC-JUG just appeared on my box, unfortunately not tracking
Presumably somewhere east of EGCC, @FL310 sqwk 2240
Rich
G-ZXEL extra 300 on the box now blades air display team showing at sunderland
Just in this moment:
ADFEB6 75-0125 Boeing E-4B (747-200B) near EDDM in FL30
Regards
Thomas
A6770A N5155A Beech Super King Air 200C floating around Bogotá. Mode-S only. Starting altitude 8000ft suggests it came out of El Dorado (SKBO).
Registered to Aviation Specialties in Beltsville, MD and alleged by some to be a CIA aircraft used in "extraordinary renditions".
picked up a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T helicopter at 10:38 over south lincolnshire today
Was he invited or just testing eastern radar?
puddy
Have you got a mode-S code for that, Puddy?
Sukhoi don't make helicopters!
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on July 29, 2009, 03:25:39 PM
Have you got a mode-S code for that, Puddy?
Sukhoi don't make helicopters!
I agree, sounds like the spurious aircraft details problem again.
And I don't see the point of posting under "Interesting Aircraft" without quoting the hex code, which would at least give us a clue as to what was really picked up!
A5E280 N47892 Unknown US Department of State (Mode-S)
Appears to be a C-27A Spartan ferrying around American mercenaries, I mean contractors, doing Drug War things. The C-27A is a former US military version of the Aeritalia (Alenia) G.222.
Quote from: perezoso on July 31, 2009, 12:25:44 AMA5E280 N47892 Unknown US Department of State (Mode-S)
Appears to be a C-27A Spartan ferrying around American mercenaries, I mean contractors, doing Drug War things. The C-27A is a former US military version of the Aeritalia (Alenia) G.222.
Yes - it also wears serial PNC-3002 (Policia Nacional de Colombia).
In the same vein, this morning:
A259E3 N2500N C560 Unknown
Cessna Citation formerly registered to the US Department of State, transferred last year to the Colombian Air Force (still sending US Mode-S), said to outfitted with surveillance electronics for snooping on FARC and narcos.
And speaking of spooks, the day before yesterday, this flew in:
A474F7 N3867X Lockheed 382G-44K-30 Airline: T3d
An alleged spook plane, registered to T3D&H LLC of Wilmington, DE, said to fly for the CIA (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=N3867X). (Personally, I have no idea if that's true or not.)
N712AX B767-200 Scanderberg FL340 UL9 Heading West past CPT - no trail though.
Quote from: Tramline on July 31, 2009, 04:36:40 PM
N712AX B767-200 Scanderberg FL340 UL9 Heading West past CPT - no trail though.
Tramline,
Seen this guy a few times. According to Airframes it is c/n 23307 a B767 with ICAO code of A98391 and now operated by Skyking Airlines but according to RB it is still coming up as belonging to Scanderberg Air.
Rod, Any chance of sussing out a logo for either company ?
Cheers,
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on August 01, 2009, 11:43:14 AM
Quote from: Tramline on July 31, 2009, 04:36:40 PM
N712AX B767-200 Scanderberg FL340 UL9 Heading West past CPT - no trail though.
Tramline,
Seen this guy a few times. According to Airframes it is c/n 23307 a B767 with ICAO code of A98391 and now operated by Skyking Airlines but according to RB it is still coming up as belonging to Scanderberg Air.
Rod, Any chance of sussing out a logo for either company ?
Cheers,
Ian
Thanks Ian,
I should have noted it came up with an 'SGB' flight number - Sky King. Naturally, JP Fleets 2009/10 does not have it listed within their fleet :-(
Cheers,
Quote from: EK01 on August 01, 2009, 11:43:14 AM
Rod, Any chance of sussing out a logo for either company ?
See the logos thread
Rod
Thanks Rod. Got your information from the logo thread.
Cheers,
Ian
On Box Now =>
Mode-S 000001 C/S SCARLET1 ht 1445 Squawk 3754 (Newcastle Approach)
Visual at approx height - Apache looks to be heading towards the North of the Spadadam range.
Newcastle approach Squawk due to a SAR heli and a Medivac Heli at low-level in the same area!!!
Hi this crossed above my home a short while ago. A1F7E1 N226G Boeing 757-23A Comco ht 34000 hdg 298 sqwk 4470. Always seems to generate a lot of interest.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on August 02, 2009, 04:00:56 PM
Hi this crossed above my home a short while ago. A1F7E1 N226G Boeing 757-23A Comco ht 34000 hdg 298 sqwk 4470. Always seems to generate a lot of interest.
John
I logged this one in my area of the world around 2300z today. It was in southeast Virginia heading southwest. I usually log it several times per month.
Checking my log from yesterday
3F8516 1022 A310 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 (9-13)
airfframes says "Theodor Heuss" German Government (Bundesregierung) Airbus A310 modified VIP version, named 'Theodor Heuss'
so why is the database confused ?
Quote from: fatkat on August 03, 2009, 07:48:54 AM
Checking my log from yesterday
3F8516 1022 A310 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 (9-13)
airfframes says "Theodor Heuss" German Government (Bundesregierung) Airbus A310 modified VIP version, named 'Theodor Heuss'
so why is the database confused ?
I guess that this is the old 1022 or 10+22 registration issue reported many times?
Hi on the box now 06A038 A330-203 A7-HHM c/s Amiry2 (Qatar Amir Flight) ht 38000 hdg 328 sqwk 5756 N of Dublin hdg NW.
John
edit c/s now QAF002
Quote from: fatkat on August 03, 2009, 07:48:54 AM
3F8516 1022 A310 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 (9-13)
airfframes says "Theodor Heuss" German Government (Bundesregierung) Airbus A310 modified VIP version, named 'Theodor Heuss'
so why is the database confused ?
See www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3129.msg29305#msg29305 for a detailed discussion of this ongoing issue. There's a fix on the horizon, but it looks like it will have to wait until V3 has settled down.
Hi on the box is 40114C Cessna 750 CitationX G-CEDK shown as belonging to the Duke of Westminister. Ht 21000 sqwk 6471.
John
Quote from: RodBearden on July 29, 2009, 03:25:39 PM
Have you got a mode-S code for that, Puddy?
Sukhoi don't make helicopters!
Rod
If its any help the reg was 84 84
I am a new user and I dont know what a hex code looks like
puddy
Quote from: puddy on August 04, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
Quote from: RodBearden on July 29, 2009, 03:25:39 PM
Have you got a mode-S code for that, Puddy?
Sukhoi don't make helicopters!
Rod
If its any help the reg was 84 84
I am a new user and I dont know what a hex code looks like
Almost certainly this is what you were picking up:
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/Russian%20Air%20Force%20Su-25.jpg)
As a new (or even an experienced) user, you're not to be blamed for being confused by the conflicting descriptions (the reasons for which are well documented in previous posts).
HI all on the box and directly overhead my home is 8960B4 UAE Dubai Air Wing Boeing 747-422 A6-HRM c/s DUB 001 ht 35975 hdg 30 sqwk 3247.
John
Quote from: DaveReid on August 04, 2009, 09:02:09 AM
Quote from: puddy on August 04, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
Quote from: RodBearden on July 29, 2009, 03:25:39 PM
Have you got a mode-S code for that, Puddy?
Sukhoi don't make helicopters!
Rod
If its any help the reg was 84 84
I am a new user and I dont know what a hex code looks like
Almost certainly this is what you were picking up:
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/Russian%20Air%20Force%20Su-25.jpg)
As a new (or even an experienced) user, you're not to be blamed for being confused by the conflicting descriptions (the reasons for which are well documented in previous posts).
According to Airframes 3FAA54 relates to a VFW-Fokker CH53G (S-65) with a c/n of V65-082 and belonging to the German Army with a registration of 84+84.
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on August 04, 2009, 10:05:30 AMAccording to Airframes 3FAA54 relates to a VFW-Fokker CH53G (S-65) with a c/n of V65-082 and belonging to the German Army with a registration of 84+84.
The clue is also in the callsign used on this aircraft - GAMM84
Hi all here is one with local Northern ireland interest, Shorts built and was in Ireland for a record parachute drop attempt. 4025BA Shorts SC-7 skyvan3-100 G-BEOL.
John
Hi all and another one again in connection with the parachute jump. 403A11 Shorts SC-7 Skyvan 3-100 G-PIGY.
John
just passed over central UK
B757, flight MIKESJE, Reg N757AF, ModeS AA3410, C/N 25155/371
I logged it on 13/7 as callsign RONS
anyone tell me who it belongs too? cheers colin
Quote from: TedLoon on August 05, 2009, 03:55:18 PM
just passed over central UK
B757, flight MIKESJE, Reg N757AF, ModeS AA3410, C/N 25155/371
I logged it on 13/7 as callsign RONS
anyone tell me who it belongs too?
It belongs to Paul Allen's company, Vulcan Aircraft.
cheers dave I just googled it>>>>> The company Vulcan Aircraft Inc. belongs to the co-founder of Microsoft and also owner of the yacht Tatoosh, Paul Allen
colin
Hi a new one for me looks very nice too in the picture. 400CAA Reims F406 Caravan II G-TURF of the UK Coastguard (Reconnaissance Ventures). Height 21400 no squawk.
John
Hi this one is currently showing E of talla AAE2CF Boeing 737-7BE BBJ N800KS AEJ Services flight ID 052173 ht 3800 hdg 325 sqwk 5416.
John
Hi 4D028B learjet 35A LX-TWO Luxembourg Air Rescue ht 37975 sqwk 3503.
John
Just coming over the channel at the moment with full ADSB 7T-VCW H25B Hex code 0A0041
Quote from: tommyg on August 06, 2009, 08:16:05 AMJust coming over the channel at the moment with full ADSB 7T-VCW H25B Hex code 0A0041
Coming up here with only partial ADS-B - no groundspeed, track or VRate.
Hi this one just overhead Turnberry heading S E C02A0B Pilatus PC12/47 C-FPXY ht 22000 hdg 111 sqwk 5065.
John
John,
Back again this afternoon at 15.22 with a call-sign of '1'. Quite often PC12 deliveries are made via Prestwick so whether this one was delivering through this morning heading for Canada and had to turn back and retry this afternoon I am not sure.
Ian
C-FPXY has been around for the best part of a month. Its in quite a bit at Prestwick and Islay and comes and goes to somewhere down south.
ABA4FE Canadair CL600-2B16 N85 of Federal Aviation Admiistration I/D FLC85 ht30000 hdg360 sqwk 5052.
John
If you can manage to have your network reception on long enough (and today seems to be particularly bad for cutting out) our old friend Pilatus PC12 C-FPXY is back on again currently heading north towards SHAP and MARGO at FL260 transmitting ADSB.
Ian
C-FPXY Inbound Islay probably from Fairoaks
Just landed at Islay again. The pilot must be fond of the malt whisky !
Ian
Vodka burner 508015 ADB1776 EGNX-LPPT UR-82027 A124 Antonov Design Bu... 2009/08/07 19:52:40
Hi all 400D98 Embraer 135BJ Legacy G-SIRA (Amsair) c/s TWJ3 ht 37000 sqwk 4230. I believe this is Sir Alan Sugar's personal aircraft.
John
AA90A0 N780BA B747-400LCF Dreamlifter heading north from LOndon just past Lamborne. at 15:30
Graham
B-HIH CX 742F FL300 descending into CWL - basic CX colours with a white tail?
Tramline
Is the CWL Cranwell?
Quote from: malc41 on August 11, 2009, 06:12:09 PMIs the CWL Cranwell?
CWL is the IATA designator for Cardiff/Wales.
Thanks Dave
P4-KCB 484492 B767 AIR ASTANA just dep EGCC heading due East FL 188
Think it's been in for maintenance
It's the old KLM machine
Nice all the same to see it in the late evening sun (gasp!!!)
Rich
The Cathay was/is due for scrap at Kemble!
H
Quote from: ice on August 14, 2009, 08:57:15 AM
The Cathay was/is due for scrap at Kemble!
It's reportedly still at Cardiff - perhaps they are removing useful bits like the engines before they fly it to Kemble.
Quote from: DaveReid on August 14, 2009, 09:12:35 AM
It's reportedly still at Cardiff - perhaps they are removing useful bits like the engines before they fly it to Kemble.
Q1. What are the gliding charicteristics of a Jumbo?
Q2 How do you launch said monster glider?
<Ducking>
Sorry couldn't resist:-)
John
Just crossing the channel with full ADSB RV6 G-NPKJ 403F3A seems to have departed Manston.
Picked up PR-PRW operating a reach flight, RCH370 here routing DVR heading east. Assume that it is either an issue with the Mode S addess or they have actually leased a Brazilian registered B767
jollygreen
RCH370,
This is Ryan Intl N637TW still using its old miscode from a previous Brazilian registration.
Didn't realise Specsavers had an aircraft.
Quote from: knight01 on August 26, 2009, 04:37:09 PMDidn't realise Specsavers had an aircraft.
ADS-B too, so you will see it on the map.
At the moment got a hex code of 000000 but with a Flight code of BAW284 altitude of 1230 and sqk of 1411
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on August 27, 2009, 09:46:05 AM
At the moment got a hex code of 000000 but with a Flight code of BAW284 altitude of 1230 and sqk of 1411
Sounds like the same dodgy transmissions I was getting from this a/c this morning. Lost it on finals to EGLL 27L at 10:45 local sending null lat/lon coordinates.
Back on again at approx 14:55 with a status of NA
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on August 27, 2009, 01:59:06 PMBack on again at approx 14:55 with a status of NA
Must be a different aircraft this time - the earlier one (G-BNLA/400400/BAW284) is still on the ground at Heathrow.
A3522F N313CG
This one appeared today (again). This is an ATR-42 operated by the US Drug Enforcement Agency. Based on comparing the news and appearances of this aircraft, I'm pretty sure this is an extradition airplane.
In a policy that's controversial for a variety of complicated reasons, the Colombian government often prefers to extradite alleged drug dealers, especially those of a right wing political persuasion, rather than prosecute them at home.
This ATR-42 seems to be the plane that they they get a free ride to Miami on!
For those that are interested the first BA A318 G-EUNA Flt no. BAW9261 is being delivered to LGW on 28th Aug ETA 1855 local time. both A318's will be Gatwick based when not flying from LCY.
Hi All,
Herewith I show you a picture with KLM newest B777 enroute on her first commercial flight:
(http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp18/Bierboum/Screenshots/th_10371808-28-2009.jpg) (http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp18/Bierboum/Screenshots/10371808-28-2009.jpg?t=1251449017)
Quote from: DaveReid on August 27, 2009, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on August 27, 2009, 01:59:06 PMBack on again at approx 14:55 with a status of NA
Must be a different aircraft this time - the earlier one (G-BNLA/400400/BAW284) is still on the ground at Heathrow.
Must have picked up on the ground hence the NA still had BAW284 in the C/S field
Graham
Hi just seen this nice one. A270C9 North American Mitchell B25 N25644.
John
Sorry my fault as i mistyped the entry.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on August 29, 2009, 10:48:40 AM
Hi just seen this nice one. A270CA North American Mitchell B25 N25644.
John
Airframes.org says this is a PA28
Your query for aircraft ICAO24-address A270CA.
N25645 PIPER PA-38-112 PA38 38-81A0034 L1P A270CA SALE REPORTED 1981 active
Hex A270C9 is a Mitchell
N25644 NORTH AMERICAN B-25D 100-20644 A270C9 VULCAN WARBIRDS INC 1943 2004-04-20 active
Hex A270C9 N25644 logged at 10:41 at 2000ft overhead. Impressive.
Just seen UAE 242 A6EDA A380-861 8960E2 First one i can recall overflying me here in Manchester.
Just watching G-DHLE, the new B767 300 F of the new UK freight airline DHL Air on a training flight from East Midlands, heading north.
Rod
G-DHLE is heading to Prestwick for some circuits.
Hi there,
Off the coast of Malaysia now,picked up Greek Air Force Mirage 2000-5EG.Reg 554, FN/MJN580.Wonder if anyone eles has caught this A/C.
Regards Terry.
Disreguard this,it a Royal Oman Air Force A320.Conflicting info AGAIN!
On the face of it not that interesting, until you look at the squawk code (0037 = Royal Flight Helicopters). Princess Royal visiting Tain Royal Academy. Just shows the value of looking at the squawk code!!!
Airline name : Group Capt Timothy Chetnole Hewlett, OBE, Royal Air Force, director of royal travel.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/3904401276_db4c0be4de.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3904401276/sizes/o/)
Quote from: Terry on September 09, 2009, 04:42:16 PM
Off the coast of Malaysia now,picked up Greek Air Force Mirage 2000-5EG.Reg 554, FN/MJN580.Wonder if anyone eles has caught this A/C.
Disregard this,it a Royal Oman Air Force A320.Conflicting info AGAIN!
My RadarBox is hedging its bets with one photo of each :-)
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/554.gif)
I have 2x US mil only have mode S AE2401/JAZZ31 and AE2407, any ideas please?
Bristow helicopter doing practice approaches to the Beatrice rigs and wind farm. Message from ATC - "we believe the traffic to be the wind farm"!!!
On the network with ADS/B, if anyone wants to track it's progress.
EZ-A009 B737 Turkmenistan A/L (601860) skirting down south around FL138 just lost him off the map around 30-40nm south of EGCC
Possible delivery flight, routing KBFI-CYYR ???
Rich
C17 FL370 A7-MAB CPT-DVR UL9. Saw this beast yesterday, it's in full Qatar colours with 'Qatar' in huge letters on its underside. Impressive! I believe it was on delivery?
Air Asia X A340 9M-XAC descending at 25000ft over Staffordshire last night at about 7.45pm. Possibly going to Stansted, but wasn't sure this service had started yet. It was the aircraft in Oakland Raiders livery and looked pretty impressive in the evening sun.
Got this to day somewhere over Ireland wasn't on map so don't know where it was heading NATO29 LX-N20000 4D03D2 Boeing 707-307C was at 36000ft
Hi guys,
Just picked up overflying Glasgow and clearly seen and also appearing in 'My Flights' and transmitting ADSB was AFL334 from Havana to Moscow. No registration details or aircraft type details given, but the modeS code of 4248F8 was shown on the RB. On checking with Airframes, the details are VQ-BBG an Airbus A330-243 with c/n 1047 newly delivered to Aeroflot on the 18th of September. One to look out for.
Cheers,
Ian
Nice one noted here in Leeds:
If anyone (like me) was wondering what an SHS file is, here's what Google says:
The Shell Scrap Object is part of the Microsoft embed objects inside objects philosophy. Basically, what happens is that the shell script is wrapped around an object and the .SHS extension (which normally can't be seen even with extensions turned on) is added to the file. An .SHS file is really potentially quite dangerous because it can have anything executable in it along with a vast collection of dangerous script code in the wrapper. At least one worm uses the Shell Script object. Note: This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.
Probably not a good idea to upload any more of those :-)
Quote from: DaveReid on September 22, 2009, 12:12:47 PM
If anyone (like me) was wondering what an SHS file is, here's what Google says:
The Shell Scrap Object is part of the Microsoft embed objects inside objects philosophy. Basically, what happens is that the shell script is wrapped around an object and the .SHS extension (which normally can't be seen even with extensions turned on) is added to the file. An .SHS file is really potentially quite dangerous because it can have anything executable in it along with a vast collection of dangerous script code in the wrapper. At least one worm uses the Shell Script object. Note: This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.
Probably not a good idea to upload any more of those :-)
Dave,
Just FYI when I went to have a look at the SHS file, Windows Vista came up with a message stating it did not recognise the file type. So, as you say, be warned if you go ahead.
Only the third one of these I've got in MyLog.
Rod
I have a flight showing a flight ID of A6-AAM but a registration of A6-EKN. Its modeS is 896012 which Airframes shows as A318 A6-AAM of RAK Airways. Now approaching abeam Edinburgh to the west at FL380 heading northwest.
Quote from: rUNWAY 31 on September 26, 2009, 09:33:58 AMI have a flight showing a flight ID of A6-AAM but a registration of A6-EKN. Its modeS is 896012 which Airframes shows as A318 A6-AAM of RAK Airways.
A310 A6-EKN may well have had hex code 896012, but that would have been before Emirates sold it to Royal Jordanian 10 years ago !
You're right though, the AirNav server is still showing those details, complete with a photo taken in 1996 ...
Still, now that we're told the V3 release is imminent, expect good news on the database before too long !
Luxembourg Air Rescue, LX-TWO, ModeS 4D0208B, Learjet 35A not sure if this counts as unusual but it is the firs time I have picked it up somewhere north of London no ADS-B.
N88ZL Boeing 707-330B on the box about 23.15,
this was used by Beyonce for her Australian tour which just ended.
Maybe she's on the way home again ?
Hi A nice Biz jet showing is AB5381 Gulfstream 2 N829NL of New Light Church World Outreach and Worship Center, ht 38000 sqwk 6462. Nearer my God to thee!!
John
Hi All a nice BBJ showing on my flights approaching NW NI Coastline, A63943 N50TC of Tracindda Corp. Boeing 737-72TBBJ Ht 26750 decending hdg 154 sqwk 7674. Possibly into Belfast Aldergrove?
John
Edit, Nope abeam aldergrove now and too high.
Dublin seems a good call now?
Hi All
Airbus 38413A A380-861 F-WWSB c/s AIB33E is on the box abeam Stornowy ht 35000 hdg 197 Sqwk 0307.
John
Hi all
A nice BBJ crossing Dublin Westbound a short time ago. 424143 VP-CSK B737-8GG/W BBJ2 (Sultan Al Kabeer) c/s VPC3K ht 38000 hdg 293 sqwk 3225.
John
Cubana IL-62M flew over today. Just Mode-S, so I don't know where he was headed.
Picked up flybe DHC8 G-FBLE enroute Birmingham - Athens. It also had to make a tech stop for a minor problem at Eastleigh so was able to log as seen when it departed via Goodwood to Athens
Quote from: Paulc on October 15, 2009, 05:25:24 AM
Picked up flybe DHC8 G-FBLE enroute Birmingham - Athens. It also had to make a tech stop for a minor problem at Eastleigh so was able to log as seen when it departed via Goodwood to Athens
I think you mean G-FLBE.
Dave -yes finger trouble again or another senior moment :)
Not an interesting aircraft in itself but a first for me. A LH CRJ9 tracking on the screen. First time I have seen a CRJ track.
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 18, 2009, 09:04:12 AM
Not an interesting aircraft in itself but a first for me. A LH CRJ9 tracking on the screen. First time I have seen a CRJ track.
Although it seems to have no heading...
Quote from: Fenris on October 18, 2009, 10:48:01 AM
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 18, 2009, 09:04:12 AM
Not an interesting aircraft in itself but a first for me. A LH CRJ9 tracking on the screen. First time I have seen a CRJ track.
Although it seems to have no heading...
It probably does send
heading (which ANRB doesn't display), along with TAS, but not
track or groundspeed (which ANRB does display if sent).
Picked up a Antonov An-124-100 Ruslan today for the first time. Cruising at FL330, did not have ADS-B.
Mode-s: 508015
Registration: UR-82027
A first for me - a Dash-7.
Rod
HI all
Purple rain remember that?
Just in from work and A92FE7 is showing off the NW NI Coastline its a Gulfstream G-IV at 40000 sqwk 5646 Registration N691RC. It disappeared left a long purple rain trail and was then showing of the western coast of South America before reappearing of the NI Coast.
John
Just picked up G-BUUP Atlantic Airlines Flight ID NPT642 ModeS 4008F3, is this ATP new to the fleet as I have not picked it up before?
Just had a Gulfstream 4 N9999M, ADF7B1 on approach to Luton with full ADS-B. Nice to see on the map.
Quote from: Spaice on October 20, 2009, 08:54:56 PM
Just picked up G-BUUP Atlantic Airlines Flight ID NPT642 ModeS 4008F3, is this ATP new to the fleet as I have not picked it up before?
I have it logged pretty well continuously since June 2008, but not much before then.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2703/4036308041_d042aa869c_o.jpg)
Quote from: tarbat on October 23, 2009, 10:08:42 AM
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2703/4036308041_d042aa869c_o.jpg)
Cloaking device failed again then!
Quote from: Fenris on October 23, 2009, 01:35:10 PM
Quote from: tarbat on October 23, 2009, 10:08:42 AM
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2703/4036308041_d042aa869c_o.jpg)
Cloaking device failed again then!
hi ufo.
I knew it Fenris it had to happen, but its OK, its a Scottish U.F.O. and its here for the haggis season, and to take Nessie back home.
from pat watching the skys.
First time in MyFlights.
Rod
Have ADB3505 An225 UR-82060 descending into East Midland with a hex code of 508035 at this time. Non ADS-B equipped.
Quote from: rUNWAY 31 on October 23, 2009, 05:21:28 PM
Have ADB3505 An225 UR-82060 descending into East Midland with a hex code of 508035 at this time. Non ADS-B equipped.
Flying directly overhead me now, very noisey!
Picked here in Cambridgeshiew 1854 local
ModeS 508035
Am confused with this one:
Flight SVA900 just flown over - Saudi Flight code and ANRB shows New York to Riyadh (via Brussels) flight.
And yet reg is TF-AMI - both ANRB database and www.airfames.org show this as belonging to Air Atlanta Icelandic
Any explanation please - I'm still a novice here!
ModeS = 4CC3C9
The prefix of the call (TF) is Icelandic.
Sry no more info.
Got Miami Air 737-81Q N733MA modeS A9D744 on the box as RCH754 at FL390, non ADS-B equipped, squawcking 3440. Dont see them very often over here.
Pinza the aircraft is operated by Air Atlanta for Saudia, quite common.
Pinza,
Saudi Arabian Airlines have leased from Air Atlanta Icelandic TF-ATI and TF-ATJ as well as TF-ARM and TF- AMC the latter 2 used for freight flights. As far as I know TF-AMI was with Saudi Arabian but has since returned to Air Atlanta Icelandic unless the return has been delayed.
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on October 25, 2009, 07:50:49 PM
As far as I know TF-AMI was with Saudi Arabian but has since returned to Air Atlanta Icelandic unless the return has been delayed.
Thanks EKO1, rUNWAY31 and jannuh.
TF-AMI would still appear to be on lease to Saudi judging by tonight's flight!
Pinza,
further information on TF-AMI. The Libhomeradar site shows it has been active with a number of airlines recently. In October alone it has been operating for Saudi, Asiana, Cathay Pacific and Omni Aviation as well as for itself as Air Atlanta.
It would appear that it is currently again with Saudi but tomorrow - who knows ?
Ian
This has been trudging south - north over England witth full ADS-B for the last hour or so. No info on Airframes.org, and it's using the old flight ID of GB Airways.
Any ideas on what it is?
EDIT - it's just passing Edinburgh now, still at FL80
EDIT - last seen heading towards Aberdeen, presumably a helicopter!
Rod
Just picked up a Dash 8 SX-BIP (468930) on my flights at 4000 feet - not ADSB, but a quick run upstairs seemed to give the impression its just landed at EGCC as either that or a Flybe machine just went buy, but I've no FlyBe Dashes on at present
Any ideas chaps?
Cheers
Rich
Hi Rich - here's a link to Planepictures - it's an Olympic Dash-8 - 100, but what it's doing in Manchester I haven't a clue:
http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?srch=SX-BIP&stype=reg&srng=2 (http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?srch=SX-BIP&stype=reg&srng=2)
Rod
Quote from: Marpleman on October 26, 2009, 05:18:52 PM
Just picked up a Dash 8 SX-BIP (468930) on my flights at 4000 feet - not ADSB, but a quick run upstairs seemed to give the impression its just landed at EGCC as either that or a Flybe machine just went buy, but I've no FlyBe Dashes on at present
Any ideas chaps?
Cheers
Rich
Don't worry chaps - it has landed EGCC
Gone to Air Livery for a paint job
That was lucky - nearly missed him!
Rich
Chee
Quote from: RodBearden on October 26, 2009, 05:22:23 PM
Hi Rich - here's a link to Planepictures - it's an Olympic Dash-8 - 100, but what it's doing in Manchester I haven't a clue:
http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?srch=SX-BIP&stype=reg&srng=2 (http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?srch=SX-BIP&stype=reg&srng=2)
Rod
Cheers Rod - you may see my later post - it's gone into Air Livery for some work - long way from home?
Only noticed it as it came up as "not seen" on my Aerodata RadarBox analyser
The best £15 I ever spent!
Quote from: EK01 on October 26, 2009, 10:27:09 AM
further information on TF-AMI. The Libhomeradar site shows it has been active with a number of airlines recently. In October alone it has been operating for Saudi, Asiana, Cathay Pacific and Omni Aviation as well as for itself as Air Atlanta.
It would appear that it is currently again with Saudi but tomorrow - who knows ?
Ian
Thanks Ian,
Gosh! Perhaps not an 'interesting aircraft' in itself, but certainly has had an interesting history this month!
Cheers
Chris
Quote from: RodBearden on October 26, 2009, 05:11:35 PM
This has been trudging south - north over England witth full ADS-B for the last hour or so. No info on Airframes.org, and it's using the old flight ID of GB Airways.
Any ideas on what it is?
EDIT - it's just passing Edinburgh now, still at FL80
EDIT - last seen heading towards Aberdeen, presumably a helicopter!
Rod
Rod,
The GAS site has it as F-WJXZ an EC255LP Super Puma. Presumably on demo or delivery.
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on October 27, 2009, 11:42:51 AMThe GAS site has it as F-WJXZ an EC255LP Super Puma. Presumably on demo or delivery.
Some more info at http://radarspotters.eu/forum/index.php/topic,1283.msg9860.html#msg9860
Cheers Tarbat.
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on October 27, 2009, 11:42:51 AM
The GAS site has it as F-WJXZ an EC255LP Super Puma. Presumably on demo or delivery.
EC2
25LP aka Super Puma Mk II+
Thanks, chaps.
Rod
Quote from: DaveReid on October 27, 2009, 12:17:02 PM
Quote from: EK01 on October 27, 2009, 11:42:51 AM
The GAS site has it as F-WJXZ an EC255LP Super Puma. Presumably on demo or delivery.
EC225LP aka Super Puma Mk II+
My chubby little fingers again, Dave. Thanks for the correction.
Ian
SX-BIP DHC-8 srs 100 is due to fly Manchester - Exeter Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Will be in new Olympic Air colours. Look out for it.
Hi all
Up and about late and showing on the map the interesting A7EF54 N610G Boeing 757-2L of COMCO just E of Dublin hdg Easterly ht 26950 hdg088 sqwk 7753.
John
(http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp18/Bierboum/Screenshots/2009110101.jpg)
(http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp18/Bierboum/Screenshots/13190611-01-2009.jpg)
Have ATR72 N641AS showing a modeS of A86903 at FL175 squawking 5427
CEF5022 OK-AAA at FL390 498421 passing Edinburgh south east bound squawking 1153 no type showing
got him south of flambough head now 19.52 local
Quote from: Runway 31 on November 11, 2009, 07:31:45 PMCEF5022 OK-AAA at FL390 498421 passing Edinburgh south east bound squawking 1153 no type showing
Czech AF A320 3085, not sure where OK-AAA comes from ?
thanks dave
id the same reg yesterday as well
paul
Thanks Dave. Wasnt showing the reg yesterday when it went northbound and wasnt showing until I clicked it tonight then it came up on the screen.
Alan
I believe it took off from Inverness
Quote from: Runway 31 on November 11, 2009, 08:06:11 PMThanks Dave. Wasnt showing the reg yesterday when it went northbound and wasnt showing until I clicked it tonight then it came up on the screen.
Yes, the AirNav server populates 498421 as "OK-AAA" for some reason.
hi alan
i had him recorded here in newcastle yesterday with that reg showing
hi all
just popped up with me is mode s400f6e reg g-woco aircraft type wacf any idea what this is
paul
Paul,
According to the GAS site Mode S code 400F6E relates to a WACO YMF-5C registration G-WOCO belonging to Classic Aviation.
thanks for that ek he's still showing mode s only up here in newcastle
Paul,
Should have added that the GAS site has the s/n as F5C091. He will only have Mode S. Unlikely to be ADSB equipped.
thanks ek nice to find up and about bit different to the easy jet airbuses that clog up my flights into newcastle
cheers paul
Got 747SP VQ-BMS 4248SP of Las Vegas Sands coming over the border around Carlisle northbound squawking 3262
Can any one near Bournemouth confirm VP_CHM BAC 1-11 airbourne at this time?
Runway 31, VP-CHM A320 s/n 3379 SAAD Aviation went overhead here, mid Devon, and south across Berry Head this p.m., heading to France.
Yes, VP-CHM is an A320 nowadays, it hasn't been a 1-11 since 2003.
does anyone know which aircraft is E8403F?
thanks
I wonder if all new Mode S boxes come pre-coded with TEST1234?
Quote from: Aerotower on November 15, 2009, 11:58:58 PM
does anyone know which aircraft is E8403F?
thanks
According to the Libhomeradar site, E8403F relates to B767-300ER, HC-CHA of Lan Airlines. The c/n is 27613.
Ian
B744 - N780BA
busy tracking mode S896063 A319 A6-ESH of the Sharjah royal flight picked him up bye Fort William and tracked him down to other side of Coventry before i lost him
Paul
Seen here a few minutes ago at FL410 heading ESE somewhat south of Bedford having passed over Milton Keynes.
Bit annoyed to have missed A6-ESH by minutes - at that FL my indoor antenna should easily have picked it from Rugby - hey, ho serves me right for being in the pub...
Didn't turn Radarbox on until 1923, by which time it was in the blind spot of my restricted Polar Diagram...
However, was pleased to log the following:
VQ-BSO ModeS 424954 - a newish Dassualt Falcon 7X of Shell Aircraft.
Picked it up from 1939-1951 overflying the Midlands at 39,250 feet sqwarking 7632 on flight SHE905.
Hi on the box now is this one 4D0215 Airbus A318-112 CJ Elite SVW19JC LX-GJC Silver Arrows? ht 37975 sqwk 7624 hdg 298. currently just overhead my home NW bound.
John
A possible heads up. Read in this months Air Intl. that the first AF A380 is due for its first revenue service to JFK today. Maybe a hit for those of us in the UK.
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on November 20, 2009, 12:08:29 PM
A possible heads up. Read in this months Air Intl. that the first AF A380 is due for its first revenue service to JFK today. Maybe a hit for those of us in the UK.
Graham
Graham,
See posting on page 7 of the discussion forum. All the details are there. Posted on October 29th.
Ian
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on November 20, 2009, 12:08:29 PM
A possible heads up. Read in this months Air Intl. that the first AF A380 is due for its first revenue service to JFK today. Maybe a hit for those of us in the UK.
Graham
Followed the landing at JFK on LiveATC. The Captain (during the landing) was a female pilot.
Quote from: YXUphoto on November 20, 2009, 06:49:11 PM
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on November 20, 2009, 12:08:29 PM
A possible heads up. Read in this months Air Intl. that the first AF A380 is due for its first revenue service to JFK today. Maybe a hit for those of us in the UK.
Graham
Followed the landing at JFK on LiveATC. The Captain (during the landing) was a female pilot.
Anybody had any success in following this with ANRB? I tried and failed!
Perhaps better luck on on it's return flight...
Did manage to see 9V-SKC do one circuit of the Lambourne hold on flight SIA318 (Singapore - Heathrow) - on the network - one day I'll catch an A380 within my own reception area...!
Hi posting this as it is a first for me. 3D9259 FKI727B D-GBRD Partenavia-P68B ht 05000 sqwk 3626.
John
Heading North towards the south west of England via Berry Head Airbus A310 HZ-NSA 7101E6
This GA out of Luton
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on November 20, 2009, 08:36:45 PM
Hi posting this as it is a first for me. 3D9259 FKI727B D-GBRD Partenavia-P68B ht 05000 sqwk 3626.
John
D-GBRD Partenavia P68 FLM Aviation arrived into George Best Airport Friday at 9pm as FKI 727B. Possibly to repair D-IFLM Dornier Do.228-200 Manx2 (broken down and has been in here from Thursday.
Can anyone explain this..?
2 aircraft same Flight ID, same squawk code
Quote from: jetset on November 21, 2009, 09:19:30 PM
Can anyone explain this..?
2 aircraft same Flight ID, same squawk code
It's a known bug. RadarBox gets two aircraft with similar hex codes mixed up.
G-LSAE = 400F4C
G-RVMB = 400F48
(one bit difference)
Thanks Dave
Any links to this known bug.?
I haven't got a clue when it comes to software design, but surely a 'C' is a 'C' and an '8' is an '8'
Quote from: jetset on November 21, 2009, 11:55:29 PM
Thanks Dave
Any links to this known bug.?
I haven't got a clue when it comes to software design, but surely a 'C' is a 'C' and an '8' is an '8'
C and 8 are hexadecimal digits.
Expressed as binary equivalents:
C = 1
100
8 = 1
000
OK call me stupid, but if C=1100 and 8 =1000 then why doesn't 1100=C and 1000=8
I know I'm going off topic here sorry
Quote from: jetset on November 22, 2009, 12:24:56 AM
OK call me stupid, but if C=1100 and 8=1000 then why doesn't 1100=C and 1000=8
They do - the hexadecimal and binary values are absolutely equivalent.
Currently in MyFlights at FL320 MD11F Cargoitalia EI-UPI (4CA2C6)
New one on me - anyone any ideas where he is/going to??
Not ADSB unfortunately
Rich
Morning Rich,
According to Libhomeradar he is routing Milan - JFK.
No position though.
Regards
Phil
Cheers Phil
Whilst on the board, just "seen" Malaysian Govt/Air Force 9M-NAA A319CJ (750156) routing directly over my house (Stockport) at FL339
Of course - wall to wall cloud (It's apity hearing them doesn't "count"!!)
Picked this little blighter up on the network last night whilst over the Middle East and wondered where he was off to - little did I know!!
Rich
Just picked up an IAI Astra N722AZ (A9AB12) - whilst not particularly unusual, has anyone seen the colour scheme!!! - flying banana comes to mind - blue tail, red engines bright yellow all over - looks like a flying test card -shouldn't be difficult to spot!
rich
Hi Rich just saw it on the box looks weird for sure but I'd love to get a photograph of it.
John
Hi all, first post although I've been lurking for quite a few months.
Can anyone help with a tie up for a flight just passed over Halesowen ?
AGZA236 mode S 004021 It was showing a Zimbabwe flag but unfortunately no reg or route info.
Regards
Steve
Quote from: SJ on November 23, 2009, 08:40:59 AM
Hi all, first post although I've been lurking for quite a few months.
Can anyone help with a tie up for a flight just passed over Halesowen ?
AGZA236 mode S 004021 It was showing a Zimbabwe flag but unfortunately no reg or route info.
Regards
Steve
Steve,
According to Libhomeradar, this is Z-BAV an MD11F of Avient Aviation. It is c/n 48408 ,ex N408SH. Unfortunately, no routing information given.
Ian
Many thanks Ian, since I posted I've found out that it routed EINN-EBLG-FCPP
Thanks
Steve
I have Spanair 8715 B717 EC-KFR 3425D7 on the box just now non ADS-B at FL370 and sqawking 2253. May not be to unusual or interesting to some of you out there but there are not to many of these come over Scotland
Hi see this on the box now, Metman 40081A G-LUXE BAe 146 FAAM Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurement. Sqwk 3330 Swanick military
John
Brilliant day for visuals and con trails today - saw my first A380 (AF006) overhead me via BKP, POL, also saw AN124-100 UR82027 (no routing given for callsign ADD2282). Interesting read on Wikipedia - only 24000 hrs airframe life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-124.
Hi popping in and out on the box now 400E22 G-ZEXL Extra EA-300/L E300 Excel Aviation Ltd.
John
A Blades aircraft?
Hi
Currently in my flights somewhere over NW England??
HS-PGQ B717 (88005E) Bangkok Airways at FL360
Not ADSB annoyingly as usual!!
Anyone any ideas what this little beauty is doing this far away from home?
Rich
It landed in Glasgow EGPF and will be going back to the US at the end of its lease. Already been a couple through this year doing the same.
Alan
Alan
Thanks for the info
Rich
Hi all I see this nice one currently abeam Barra of the Scottish west Coast 710006 SVA7617 HZ-AIF B74SP-68 Saudi Arabian Airlines ht 37975.
John
Just noticed in my RB log:
018021,AAW111,5A-ONE,A342,Libyan Air Force One/Afriqiyah Airways,14:19:53,29/11/2009
Tom
QuoteHi all, first post although I've been lurking for quite a few months.
Can anyone help with a tie up for a flight just passed over Halesowen ?
AGZA236 mode S 004021 It was showing a Zimbabwe flag but unfortunately no reg or route info.
Regards
Steve
Steve,
According to Libhomeradar, this is Z-BAV an MD11F of Avient Aviation. It is c/n 48408 ,ex N408SH. Unfortunately, no routing information given.
It appears this aircraft came to an unfortunate end in Shanghai yesterday with the loss of 3 lives.
Steve
Mexican Challenger currently in My flights
XA-MYN (0D031B) through FL380 through NW England
Rich
Quote from: SJ on November 29, 2009, 07:01:06 PM
According to Libhomeradar, this is Z-BAV an MD11F of Avient Aviation. It is c/n 48408 ,ex N408SH. Unfortunately, no routing information given.
It appears this aircraft came to an unfortunate end in Shanghai yesterday with the loss of 3 lives.
[/quote]
Yes, it had only been delivered to Avient 8 days before its last outing.
Lots of controversy about Avient too, a Google search should prove instructive.
Hi all not tracking sadly but I'm seeing this on the box, DC-8-73 AAF10C DHL2796 N804DH DHL (ASTAR) ht 33200 sqwk 4245 Superdomestic- Shannon inbound UK.
John
Hi a first for me is this 0A0015 Air Algerie Cargo C130 flight id DAH2784 reg 7T-VHL ht 14150 sqwk 1155 Transit (ORCAM) UK.
John
Not much else about either, but at the same time amongst the mundane is UR82007.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on December 04, 2009, 09:39:44 PM
Hi a first for me is this 0A0015 Air Algerie Cargo C130 flight id DAH2784 reg 7T-VHL ht 14150 sqwk 1155 Transit (ORCAM) UK.
John
Yes, in MyFlights now at 24925ft somewhere over the Midlands - still sqwarking 1155
Chris
Here's one that is unusual approaching the West Coast of Ireland 8003A5 Flight id KFR11 reg VT-VJM A 319-133CJ Kingfisher Airlines ht 30000 decending sqwk 4225 Superdomestic - Shannon inbound UK hdg 137.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on December 04, 2009, 10:48:02 PM
Here's one that is unusual approaching the West Coast of Ireland 8003A5 Flight id KFR11 reg VT-VJM A 319-133CJ Kingfisher Airlines ht 30000 decending sqwk 4225 Superdomestic - Shannon inbound UK hdg 137.
John
Thanks to Wikipedia the owner of this beauty is:
Dr. Vijay Mallya (Kannada/Konkani:ವಿಜಯ್ ಮಲ್ಯ, born 18 December 1955) is an Indian drinks and aviation billionaire and former Rajya Sabha MP. The son of industrialist Vittal Mallya, he is the Chairman of the United Breweries Group and Kingfisher Airlines, which draws its name from United Breweries Group's flagship beer brand, Kingfisher.
Mallya has an estimated net worth of $1.2 billion.[2] He receives substantial press coverage that focuses on his lavish parties and his hotels, automobiles, Formula One team Force India, Indian Premier League Cricket team Royal Challengers Bangalore and his yacht, the Indian. It seems he has the names of his three children under the cockpit windows.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(UB-Group)/Airbus-A319-133X-CJ/1260910/&sid=f9d698dc8eaaa885168336a376b5a100
Hi tracked him all the way down and on the ground at Luton 2345pm.
John
Hi all,not tracking and maybe of more interest here in NI, being locally built. A40C4E reg N360AB Shorts 360-300 Air Cargo Carriers ht 11000 sqwk 1172 Transit (ORCAM) UK.
N360AB arrived in Prestwick last night from Keflavik
Hi showing on the RB is A25188 EIA5127 N249BA B747-409 (LCF) Dreamlifter. Into Prestwick?
John
Currently on my RB, Air Force One over north Scotland.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2518/4175717075_df4eec5eae_o.jpg)
Hi tarbat,
I also have AF1 and it's supporting aircraft.
Shame AF1 is listed as Air France???
Must be heading back to the US from Olso with his Peace Prize!
Ken...
Hi not got AF1 but the E4B is on my box ADFEB5 Jade 55 74-0787 ht 30025 sqwk3375.
John
There's also a US-Airforce Gulfstream C20C around (ADFDE3, S50050, 85-0050) at FL400....possibly connected to the Pres's two aircraft?
Ken...
All doing their bit for Global Warming! Just shows they don't really believe it's due to mankind's piffling contribution to 'greenhouse gases'. :o)
Hi I have these for AF1 ADFEB5 Jade55 74-0787 E4B ht 30025 sqwk 3375. AF1 ADFDF9 92-9000 ht 32000 sqwk 7662. ADFDE3 S50050 C20C 85-0050 Ht 40000 sqwk 0303. ADFEB9 C-32A S93 99-0003 ht 32000 sqwk 3375.
John
can I have the details i.e reg etc
Kind regards
Michael
ps picked up a US airforce 747 200eb in airspace over lincolnshire id sate 66
Hi Michael the details are in my post below. The E4B was using Jade on RB and possibly State 66 was his radio call sign.
John
The Airbus A400-M
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8407825.stm
nice job.
from pat
LOL,
I'm with you Tom....It's a bit ironic that the whole entourage will be back over here again soon when he comes of to the Copenhagen 'Climate Change' conference!!
Interesting for us though!!
Was also picking up AF1 on the air band...until he went 'Atlantic' after 129.100.
Ken...
Hi Ken,
I tracked the lot of them on PP mlat.
On the subject of Global Warming, I never cease to be amazed how few people know that the greatest contribution to global warming is water vapour. The yearly exchange between the oceans and atmosphere is about 90 billion tonnes. Against this massive exchange of carbon the changes contributed by humans are very small: we are adding only about 7 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere each year.
Tom
Hmmm...
It's a morning for 'interesting' flights!
I have a Cessna 172 at FL339 just south of Glasgow at the moment. Seems like a mixed up code according to Airframes.org
Ken...
Tom,
Is it possible to use mlat with Radarbox?...I've just found a giude on the planeplotter site and it just mentions the SBS-1.
Ken...
Quote from: tetrode on December 11, 2009, 11:48:30 AM
Hmmm...
It's a morning for 'interesting' flights!
I have a Cessna 172 at FL339 just south of Glasgow at the moment. Seems like a mixed up code according to Airframes.org
Ken...
Ken,
This American Airlines aircraft giving this miscode has been doing this for months now. You would have thought something would have been done about it by now.
Ian
Quote from: tetrode on December 11, 2009, 11:54:39 AM
Tom,
Is it possible to use mlat with Radarbox?...I've just found a giude on the planeplotter site and it just mentions the SBS-1.
Ken...
Ken,
Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been out Xmas shopping.
The short answer is Yes.
To expand on that, to be a Ground Station, you need to have an SBS-1 and provide raw data to the PP network. This is used to plot non-positional aircraft. SBS-1 users who are Ground Stations do not pay the modest Mlat fee.
Anyone who purchases PP can become a Master User for a small fee. This allows you to track non-positional aircraft using mlat. You do not have to have an RB but if you have one you can upload RAW data to be shared on the PP network.
You pay only for one copy of PP but can register several PCs, laptops etc for mobile operation. I have two sharer codes which allow me to run PP/mlat on my desktop and laptop, but not at the same time.
Have a look at the COAA site here for further info:
http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm
Tom
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on December 11, 2009, 11:33:57 AM
Hi Michael the details are in my post below. The E4B was using Jade on RB and possibly State 66 was his radio call sign.
John
John I dont understand all the numbers can you tell me what is the aircraft reg is please? I had input air force 1 but nothing came up on my box this morning
Thank you
Michael
Details of the us airforce jet over lincolnshire any info welcome
Hello
Just spotted Kalitta Air N704CK Boeing 744 over Southampton.. Bit strange as crashed in Brussels 2008. I guess the transponder from N704CK must be in something else. Any ideas. Cheers Pete
Hi see below this is the Dreamlifter which went into Prestwick yesterday. Why so many hits(attached below) on my box?
A25188 EIA IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:25
A25188 EIA IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:57:36
A25188 EIA IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:07
A25188 EIA IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:13
A25188 EIA IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:02:43
A25188 EIA IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:05:02
A25188 EIA512 1 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:59:58
A25188 EIA512 1 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:04:58
A25188 EIA512 B LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:04:43
A25188 EIA512 V LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:54:59
A25188 EIA51251 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:54:49
A25188 EIA51251 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:02:23
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:08
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:09
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:36
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:37
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:48
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:57:54
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:57:55
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:58:02
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:03
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:04
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:10
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:11
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:58
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:02:27
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:02:28
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:02:55
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:02:56
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:04:48
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:04:50
A25188 EIA5127 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:05:06
A25188 EIA5IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:46
A25188 EIA5IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:55:48
A25188 EIA5IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:57:55
A25188 EIA5IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 01:57:56
A25188 EIA5IA51 LIBG-KCHS N249BA B744 Boeing 2009/12/12 02:00:32
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on December 11, 2009, 11:16:00 AM
Hi I have these for AF1 ADFEB5 Jade55 74-0787 E4B ht 30025 sqwk 3375. AF1 ADFDF9 92-9000 ht 32000 sqwk 7662. ADFDE3 S50050 C20C 85-0050 Ht 40000 sqwk 0303. ADFEB9 C-32A S93 99-0003 ht 32000 sqwk 3375.
John
Hi Michael
Hope this helps an e.g for Airforce one AF1 above is Mode S ADFDF9, registration 92-9000, height ht 32000 and squawk code sqwk 7662.
Re the other Mil aircraft look here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-4
and here
http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/index.asp
John
2315Z - A8F54C DHC2 Beaver N67667 Venture Travel LLC. Climbing to FL130 squawk 0375.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on December 15, 2009, 11:45:43 PM
2315Z - A8F54C DHC2 Beaver N67667 Venture Travel LLC. Climbing to FL130 squawk 0375.
Sounds a bit unlikely - it's a long way from home, and rather high for an unpressurised aircraft.
Quote from: golf on December 12, 2009, 10:50:10 AMJust spotted Kalitta Air N704CK Boeing 744 over Southampton.. Bit strange as crashed in Brussels 2008. I guess the transponder from N704CK must be in something else. Any ideas.
No mystery here. N-numbers get re-used, as in this case.
Quote from: DaveReid on December 16, 2009, 12:20:02 AM
Quote from: viking9 on December 15, 2009, 11:45:43 PM
2315Z - A8F54C DHC2 Beaver N67667 Venture Travel LLC. Climbing to FL130 squawk 0375.
Sounds a bit unlikely - it's a long way from home, and rather high for an unpressurised aircraft.
Reportedly a Twin Otter on delivery from Viking to the Maldives.
Offtopic: anyone noticed we hit a record? This topic had 100K views today. :-)
Quote from: DaveReid link=topic=543.msg40516#msg40516
Sounds a bit unlikely - it's a long way from home, and rather high for an unpressurised aircraft
Reportedly a Twin Otter on delivery from Viking to the Maldives.
Well, it may well be a Twin Otter but it certainly is not too high for a Beaver, the service ceiling of which, if I remember rightly, is 15,000'. I frequently flew Army Beavers at FL120 on airways in the 60's and 70's.
I also frequently flew gliders up and down the Pennines in wave in excess of 15,000'. I can't remember a 'pressurisation' switch in any of them. :o)
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on December 16, 2009, 08:38:04 AM
Well, it may well be a Twin Otter but it certainly is not too high for a Beaver, the service ceiling of which, if I remember rightly, is 15,000'. I frequently flew Army Beavers at FL120 on airways in the 60's and 70's.
I also frequently flew gliders up and down the Pennines in wave in excess of 15,000'. I can't remember a 'pressurisation' switch in any of them. :o)
Fair enough - in fact the Twotter isn't pressurised either. Nor the Shorts 330/360 - I've made plenty of cups of lukewarm coffee in those at FL150 :-)
saw this in my log today
also saw this
AND THIS
oooo and a french airforce mirage 2000c
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Nielman2424, but you need to check some of these Mode-S codes, especially European military ones (I suggest www.airframes.org). It appears that the Mirage 2000 is actually a TBM-700 :-(
Trouble is that RB currently looks up the registration - in this case "100", in Airliners.net, and grabs the first matching one that it finds. As "100" is not unique, this can lead to bad information.
ArNav apparently plan to get this procedure more bullet-proof in the (near?) future.
Rod
ohh well...lol..... can only go on the info that radar box reports...never mind cheers for info will make a note of that website
neil
Evening All
Had the box on all day, but unfortunately not watching all day, and was just looking in the log for today, and this little fella popped up
O4CO76 5Y-VVR a Dash 8 operated by Blue Bird Aviation between 16:40 and 16:51 at FL240
Anyone else notice him passing through Manchester area airspace today?
Any ideas?
Happy Xmas to you all!
Rich
Good Morning
The same Blue Bird Dash 8 was around us this morning about 09.00. That's the north of Scotland as we are in Orkney.
Merry Xmas
Claire
Hi,
Yesterday I picked up the same cheeky little sausage around London 16:15 hours.]
John
Quote from: golf on December 12, 2009, 10:50:10 AM
Hello
Just spotted Kalitta Air N704CK Boeing 744 over Southampton.. Bit strange as crashed in Brussels 2008. I guess the transponder from N704CK must be in something else. Any ideas. Cheers Pete
Registration is still N704CK but now relates to c/n 23391 a B747-246F. This is according to Airframes. Suggest you change your details on RB via Database Explorer and also delete the incorrect photos which show the old N704CK in bits after it's accident.
Not very interesting but have 468A13 SX-BPS ATP showing in MyFlights at 24000 ft sqwarking 0635 somewhere over the Midlands. Flight AGS111 of AirGo Airlines (Greece) - new airline for me anyway!
N767A B767 (AA5B89) ARAMCO SAUDI currently fully ADS-B just over Wallasey heading east south of EGCC
Rich
Ocean Air 767 PR-BRW as RCH 835 over Newcastle heading northwest 1226. Now informed that it is N637TW with a miss coded box, over GOW 1241
BA Boeing 777 (G-RAES) inbound to Newcastle's runway 07 .. a diversion of the Boston to Heathrow flight.
Shame snows too deep to get off my drive !
Also a couple of more normal BA A320 diverts heading our way
Bat 21
Following more snow while in the hold the BA777 has given up on Newcastle & is now looking to go to Glasgow
Quote from: Bat 21 on January 06, 2010, 08:16:26 PM
Following more snow while in the hold the BA777 has given up on Newcastle & is now looking to go to Glasgow
Just watching that now after your 'heads-up' - thanks :-)
Thanks Bat 21 - now watching on the network - cheers!
Looks like its headed for Prestwick?
OTT EGKK at 1223 with a mode s of 010136 and flight No KBR4410 an A320 and landed at EGGD 1240 SU-??? any info please.
Steve.
747 Dreamlifter N780BA just passed the East of London heading North. The Flight route says its going to Prestwick. Not sure about that but heading for the North. 7/1 15:25 GMT
Graham
Thanks Graham, saw this out of my office window in Sandy but no box at work.
New Lufthansa A319 D-AIBA currently on Approach to Heathrow
It's shown as an A342 and the picture is of an A342 in Star Alliance c/s, (which of course was the previous use of this reg.)
I can also rember this reg. being allocated to an A300 years ago.
Unusual to see three uses of the same registration ?
Made me smile, anyway !
I have Bradley Air Services Twin Otter C-GNDN C06758 showing in my flights at FL470!!!! somewhere over Scotland squawking 5464. Airframes shows this as a G5 of Skyservice.
Hi this is an unusual one for me C06758 DHC-6-300 Twin Otter C-GNDN ht 47000 ?? sqwk 5464. It shows as Bradley Ar services but I assume it is a miscode? i heared it on the radio around Lakey but missed any other details still listening.
John
Hi all Another canadian registration. C0632C United Nations (Voyageur Airways) DHC-7-102 C-GLOL ht 1800 decending sqwk 1047. I heared this on Scottish 123.775 calling Voyageur 700. I think inbound to Prestwick runway 13?
John
On Prestwick approach this time inbound from Bilbao en-route Reykjavik after a night stop
Quote from: Horsham Spotter on January 07, 2010, 12:53:57 PM
OTT EGKK at 1223 with a mode s of 010136 and flight No KBR4410 an A320 and landed at EGGD 1240 SU-??? any info please.
Steve.
Hi Steve,
SU-KBD
Cheers
Dave
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 10, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
Hi all Another canadian registration. C0632C United Nations (Voyageur Airways) DHC-7-102 C-GLOL ht 1800 decending sqwk 1047. I heared this on Scottish 123.775 calling Voyageur 700. I think inbound to Prestwick runway 13?
John
Hi John
It was initially leased to the UN back in April 2007 - maybe on it's way back home??
I also picked up the "Twin Otter" - It was a Gulf V (c/n 5230) operated by Skyservice as Runway 31 correctly concluded
Rich
Rich
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 10, 2010, 01:34:44 PMHi this is an unusual one for me C06758 DHC-6-300 Twin Otter C-GNDN ht 47000 ?? sqwk 5464. It shows as Bradley Ar services but I assume it is a miscode? i heared it on the radio around Lakey but missed any other details still listening.
It's not a miscode, just hopelessly out-of-date data being returned by the AirNav server.
Twin Otter C-GNDN was destroyed in an accident in August 1996.
Just heard a continuous low rumbling sound coming from the skies above my house (Cumbria), loaded up RB to find this beast in My Flights at FL260
15407C / RA-82044 / Antonov / An-124-100 Ruslan
FlightID:VDA4762
Is this common? Rumbled the skies for a good 5 minutes!
Hi Bailey - that's my second AN-124 today - had UR-82007 earlier!
They fly over sometimes, but often stage through Prestwick, so it was presumably climbing out from there over you.
Rod
Bailey & Rod,
I had
* 508015 ADB2422 UR-82027 A124 Antonov Design Bu... 2010/01/09 12:56:09 in my logs on Saturday lunchtime.
Dropped from 11900ft to 8000ft from 12:56 to 1300. I was using bog standard aerial indoors (due to weather!!!) so must have been over the Midlands. Guess it was dropping into East Mids?
Chris
PS
508015 ADB2422 UR-82027 A124 Antonov Design Bu... 2010/01/11 20:49:00
Sqwarking 2224 and on its way home (from E Mids?)
Quote from: DaveReid on January 11, 2010, 12:09:21 AM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 10, 2010, 01:34:44 PMHi this is an unusual one for me C06758 DHC-6-300 Twin Otter C-GNDN ht 47000 ?? sqwk 5464. It shows as Bradley Ar services but I assume it is a miscode? i heared it on the radio around Lakey but missed any other details still listening.
It's not a miscode, just hopelessly out-of-date data being returned by the AirNav server.
Twin Otter C-GNDN was destroyed in an accident in August 1996.
I'm intrigued as to why it is still broadcasting callsign CGNDN?
* C06758 CGNDN C-GNDN Bradley Air Services 2010/01/10 13:44:09
Is the Mode-S box now associated to a totally different airframe with the same reg?
Cheers
Chris
The registration C-GNDN has been reissued to the GLF5
go to airframes.org and enter the Hex code C06758:
C-GNDN Gulfstream Aerospace GV-SP (G550) GLF5 5230 L2J C06758 SYB - Skyservice Business Aviation
The aircraft is broadcasting the Hex code and the Flight ID, but the aircraft description and owner are coming form the RB database. Use DataBase Explorer to correct this manually.
Thanks Allocator,
Spend an inordinate length of time using the great airframes.org site.
Am 90% confident in my own mind that I queried this one over the weekend on the site.
I'm either cracking up - or the data has only just been updated in last 48 hours!
Cheers
Chris
Either way, my database now updated...
82027 showing on my box now. These also visit Brize, 82068 &82045.
Dave.
Quote from: RodBearden on February 27, 2009, 04:33:07 PM
Tom or JRS or anybody - call you please tell me the Mode S or Reg of the Global HawK?
Rod
AE120F is possibly 02-2008. It displays 022008 for a flight ID. I logged this today. A Global Hawk is supposed to be heading to Haiti, so this is probably it. Logged as high as 52,100ft.
Thanks or that, freq!
Rod
Hi all
Egyptian Government GLF3 01006F flight ID SUBGU registration SU-BGV ht 40000 sqwk 5633 is on my list sadly no position. Comms on 132.860.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 16, 2010, 11:00:04 AMEgyptian Government GLF3 01006F flight ID SUBGU registration SU-BGV ht 40000 sqwk 5633 is on my list sadly no position. Comms on 132.860.
SU-BGU is currently using SU-BGV's code, so that's probably what you picked up.
Got a visual confirmation on the correct altitude for this one - it's just landed in Portmahomack!!
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4281569364_d449f75c48_o.jpg)
Hello
We had G-LUXE of the Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements on our box today for a few hours but it didn't have ads-b so I looked it up on google to find more information. I found 2 sites. one that showed a log of the positions and altitudes and another with a map. they are:
for the map http://www.faam.ac.uk/public/gluxe_position/satmap.html
and the log http://www.faam.ac.uk/public/gluxe_position/posrep.html
the data for this flight was:
Date/Time Latitude Longitude Altitude
17/01/10 1100Z 55°30.3N 4°34.9W 236 ft
17/01/10 1105Z 55°21.1N 4°36.3W 7401 ft
17/01/10 1110Z 55°23.5N 3°58.3W 15798 ft
17/01/10 1115Z 55°33.6N 3°15.1W 21818 ft
17/01/10 1120Z 55°53N 2°41.9W 22448 ft
17/01/10 1125Z 56°13.9N 2°40.6W 22442 ft
17/01/10 1130Z 56°33.9N 3°0.2W 21871 ft
17/01/10 1136Z 56°45.6N 3°31.9W 20522 ft
17/01/10 1140Z 57°4.6N 3°42.3W 20539 ft
17/01/10 1144Z 57°30.2N 3°57.1W 21365 ft
17/01/10 1150Z 57°54.3N 4°10W 25260 ft
17/01/10 1155Z 58°13.2N 4°5W 27074 ft
17/01/10 1201Z 57°41.2N 3°51.6W 27150 ft
17/01/10 1209Z 58°9.8N 4°0.2W 25188 ft
17/01/10 1212Z 58°2.1N 3°43.1W 25188 ft
17/01/10 1217Z 57°42.4N 3°42.6W 25230 ft
17/01/10 1220Z 57°59.3N 3°44.1W 24282 ft
17/01/10 1224Z 58°11.3N 3°30.9W 23298 ft
17/01/10 1231Z 57°45.1N 3°27.2W 23272 ft
17/01/10 1240Z 58°8.6N 3°13.7W 21388 ft
17/01/10 1250Z 58°10.7N 3°11.6W 19863 ft
17/01/10 1254Z 58°6.1N 2°56.2W 19469 ft
17/01/10 1259Z 57°55.1N 2°59.5W 19410 ft
17/01/10 1305Z 58°18.9N 2°56.8W 17504 ft
17/01/10 1312Z 57°51.3N 2°44W 18534 ft
17/01/10 1319Z 57°30.6N 3°32.4W 25112 ft
17/01/10 1325Z 57°38.4N 3°53.4W 28958 ft
17/01/10 1331Z 57°43.5N 4°35.5W 28948 ft
17/01/10 1335Z 57°49.6N 4°22.4W 27114 ft
17/01/10 1340Z 57°24.2N 4°18.5W 27091 ft
17/01/10 1345Z 57°46.2N 4°24.3W 25801 ft
17/01/10 1350Z 57°45.3N 4°8.1W 25211 ft
17/01/10 1355Z 57°30.3N 4°12W 25240 ft
17/01/10 1400Z 57°56.3N 4°12.4W 23446 ft
17/01/10 1405Z 57°45.3N 3°55.2W 23327 ft
17/01/10 1410Z 57°39.8N 4°0.3W 22832 ft
17/01/10 1415Z 58°5N 3°57.4W 21372 ft
17/01/10 1422Z 57°39.2N 3°45.7W 21447 ft
17/01/10 1426Z 57°55.7N 3°46.3W 20197 ft
17/01/10 1430Z 58°6.5N 3°34.5W 19466 ft
17/01/10 1435Z 57°41.5N 3°28W 19472 ft
17/01/10 1450Z 57°39.1N 3°17.1W 17543 ft
17/01/10 1457Z 58°8N 3°11.1W 15614 ft
17/01/10 1501Z 57°53.9N 3°1.9W 15627 ft
17/01/10 1505Z 57°45.9N 3°4.7W 15358 ft
17/01/10 1510Z 58°7.8N 3°2.6W 13665 ft
17/01/10 1520Z 57°56.9N 2°52.8W 12894 ft
17/01/10 1537Z 57°42.5N 3°30.4W 19348 ft
17/01/10 1545Z 57°37.6N 4°28.9W 23314 ft
17/01/10 1552Z 57°23.5N 5°12.1W 19590 ft
17/01/10 1555Z 57°9.1N 5°26.6W 19630 ft
17/01/10 1602Z 56°37.1N 5°59.2W 19669 ft
17/01/10 1606Z 56°21.2N 5°49.4W 18599 ft
17/01/10 1610Z 56°5.5N 5°34.4W 13826 ft
17/01/10 1617Z 55°40N 5°3.5W 5636 ft
17/01/10 1621Z 55°33.5N 4°44.4W 1932 ft
I just thought I would post this in case anyone else had an interest in this aircraft.
Hi this currently showing in my flights, 044027 9G-AXA DC-8-63(F) ht 32000 sqwk 7674.
John
Hi John
I think this was Aid flight from East Mids for Haiti
Steve
Thanks Steve, nice to see an old stager like this playing it's part in this terrible crisis.
John
9G-AXE 044033 Meridian DC8-63F FL250 around the LHR area
F-WWSE C/N 040 A380 ModeS 383EFA Flight ID AIB040E
Over Germany at 1430Z
Using the same modeS as 9V-SKD C/N 8 when it was in test flight's
Could this be the next Air france or Lufthansa.
Quote from: Horsham Spotter on January 22, 2010, 02:33:43 PMCould this be the next Air France or Lufthansa.
Will be F-HPJB for AFR.
Hi Noted this just a while ago. A321AC Flight I/D and registration N3000B ht 27050 and sqwk 7706.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 23, 2010, 10:57:26 AMHi Noted this just a while ago. A321AC Flight I/D and registration N3000B ht 27050 and sqwk 7706.
Rarely seen over this side of the Pond since its demos at the 2006 Farnborough show.
Quote from: DaveReid on January 23, 2010, 11:11:05 AM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on January 23, 2010, 10:57:26 AMHi Noted this just a while ago. A321AC Flight I/D and registration N3000B ht 27050 and sqwk 7706.
Rarely seen over this side of the Pond since its demos at the 2006 Farnborough show.
Reg: N3000B, Type: Raytheon Aircraft Company 3000, Operator: Raytheon Aircraft Company, C/N: PH-1, ModeS: A321AC.
Steve
Quote from: Horsham Spotter on January 23, 2010, 12:23:49 PMType: Raytheon Aircraft Company 3000
aka T-6B Texan II (ICAO TEX2)
It departed from Edinburgh this morning having arrived last night
152C2E AZS8010 RA-76846 IL76 Aviacon Zitotrans 2010/01/23 17:35:13 at 33000 ft on my screen now, squawk 2015
Hi this is a first for me currently approaching NI Coastline.DCR Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft und Raumfhrt, 38101A AIB569 F-WWDB Airbus A320-214 ht 38000 hdg131 sqwk 6366. squawk indicates inbound to France.
John
152C2E RA-76846 IL76 Aviacon Zitotrans 2010/01/24 11:20:02 @ 30000ft sqk 3556 on it`s way home?
An aircraft type not seen before,anybody any idea whats it's used for.
Quote from: lambertw on January 24, 2010, 11:43:40 AMAn aircraft type not seen before, anybody any idea what it's used for.
It's the long-range version of the Il-76 freighter, probably on a Haiti mission.
Thanks you DaveReid for info.
We've got a lovely Meridian An12 UR-CAH (50815B) bobbing along somewhere in the Manchester area at FL250
Unfortunately no ADS-B, but still nice to see on the log
Rich
Heard him droning overhead just now - shame it's dark!
Rod
had the same An12 going north at 19:52! think he came out of Doncaster?
Mark
Yep I logged UR-CAH too last night.
However just logged An26 UR-CHT (5081EA) near to Rugby at 2053 tonight too!
Must have been close as I have taken my indoor aerial inside due to gusty winds.
Chris
Quote from: Pinza on January 27, 2010, 09:06:54 PM
Yep I logged UR-CAH too last night.
However just logged An26 UR-CHT (5081EA) near to Rugby at 2053 tonight too!
Must have been close as I have taken my indoor aerial inside due to gusty winds.
Chris
Hi Chris
The "26" was over around Manchester this evening also - let's hope they re-appear during the lighter evenings?
Rich
VT-AIH A319 400829 Abeam LHR decending into Stansted I think.
Quote from: Tramline on January 28, 2010, 05:23:25 PMVT-AIH A319 400829 Abeam LHR decending into Stansted I think.
Or 800429, even !
Blimey Dave! I fear posting these days with you correcting me at every turn, but you're right - again. Normally, I'm meticulous but just seem to go to pieces on this thread.
Note to self - come on!!
Quote from: Tramline on January 28, 2010, 05:33:49 PM
Blimey Dave! I fear posting these days with you correcting me at every turn, but you're right - again. Normally, I'm meticulous but just seem to go to pieces on this thread.
Note to self - come on!!
Sorry :-)
It was just that the 400xxx code (i.e. a UK hex) stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb !
Nice little fella currently on my flights operating out of a light strip somewhere NW near Manchester
D-EARY FWP149D (3D067A)
buzzing around at 2000 feet
Rich
Got my box on and just had an An124 "UR-82073" anybody else see it to give an indication of whereabouts he was?
A321AC N3000B 3000 RAYTHEON AIRCRAFT... 2010/01/31 16:38:38 at 26000 ft sqk 1023
Is there a silhouette for this one please?
Anorak - see this thread for a TEX2 silhouette (and others): http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1290.msg42446#msg42446
Rod
Thanks Rod, all done.
Got another AN124 on the screen,"UR-82027 on squark 3125" Colin.
Hi Just overhead my home in Bangor Northern Ireland, making a superb sound, at 2300 inbound to Aldergrove is 508190 Antonov AN-12BP flight id MEM4035 reg UR-CGW Meridian Aviation.
John
One in to EGCC today, funny yellow one with propellers(as described by Mrs CAM), i think this may have been C-GCUH.
My log shows C04C00 14:59-15:16 decending 8580-580, which is where
I lose them from EGCC.
TASmanchester shows it in todays report http://www.tasmanchester.com/MAN_Reports.html
any one confirm?
CAM
Quote from: CAM on February 05, 2010, 08:15:15 PM
One in to EGCC today, funny yellow one with propellers(as described by Mrs CAM), i think this may have been C-GCUH.
My log shows C04C00 14:59-15:16 decending 8580-580, which is where
I lose them from EGCC.
TASmanchester shows it in todays report http://www.tasmanchester.com/MAN_Reports.html
any one confirm?
CAM
Hi CAM
Yep ,it's a Bombadier (Canadair) CL415 on delivery to Croatia (?), coded "811", but delivery reg confirmed as C-GCUH, con number 2075
Reckon Mrs CAM gave a pretty good account!!!
They normally night stop opposite Ocean Sky ramp so I'd imagine he'll be off sometime tomorrow
Regards
Rich
Cheers Rich, seems to be a strange arrival at EGCC, especially if the Mrs notices ! or is this just a del flight?
BTW Im just down the road in Hazel Grove.
CAM
Just this second come on My Flights;
Kosmos Antonov An12B RA-12988 (1432BC) trundling along at FL250 somewhere NW England around EGCC - darn these dark nights!!!
edit - just eyeballed him (thanks to the distinctive roar!!) heading due South East over Marple/Stockport - nearly shook the roof tiles off!! (20:51 local time)
Rich
Quote from: CAM on February 05, 2010, 08:42:10 PM
Cheers Rich, seems to be a strange arrival at EGCC, especially if the Mrs notices ! or is this just a del flight?
BTW Im just down the road in Hazel Grove.
CAM
Yes it's a delivery flight - there were half a dozen of them last year to various parts of the globe, so not too uncommon but very welcome
Did you just hear the Antonov???
Not sure all I can hear is G-GMPB up above, just now.
CAM
N787EX is on the network on the way to KBLI.
B787 AAB001
Just gone off, was at 12300ft
CAM
Quote from: CAM on February 05, 2010, 09:07:16 PM
Not sure all I can hear is G-GMPB up above, just now.
CAM
Hope you've not been causing trouble?
No Not Me Gov, wish it would go and circle somewhere else.
We've got a Dreamlifter N249BA (A25188) full ADSB EIA5217 FL380 heading North just 15 miles West of EGCC as I type
type first for me!!
Rich
Hello,
At the moment i'm pickup up two Iraqi hex's, Unknown type or Reg - No ADS-B
7281FA
7281FB
Both at FL270, Swk 6351 & 6362.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jonjo
Two of the four Texan IIs currently on delivery via the UK.
Thanks Dave
Jonjo
Hi all
Here's one on my flights now. ABFF5D National Airlines Flight ID MUA801registration N872SJ DC-8-71 routing Shannon to Bourgas.
John
John,
For info MUA801 N872SJ actually routed Goose Bay-Prestwick-Bahrain Sheikh Isa Air Base and departed Prestwick 0011 this morning.
Alan
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 06, 2010, 10:37:52 PM
Hi all
Here's one on my flights now. ABFF5D National Airlines Flight ID MUA801registration N872SJ DC-8-71 routing Shannon to Bourgas.
John
Good catch John - was he ADS-B?
Good to see the classic aircraft still getting around - I fear their days are numbered given the increase in pax airliner conversions now taking over traditional freight ops, however I have noticed a considerable increase in Russian built frames (An12 &26's) buzzing around UK airspace over recent weeks - long may they continue!
Rich
Quote from: Marpleman on February 07, 2010, 11:46:15 AMGood catch John - was he ADS-B?
Good to see the classic aircraft still getting around - I fear their days are numbered given the increase in pax airliner conversions now taking over traditional freight ops, however I have noticed a considerable increase in Russian built frames (An12 &26's) buzzing around UK airspace over recent weeks - long may they continue!
Nope, this is a good old clockwork Mode-S-only aeroplane, in fact I don't think I've ever logged an ADS-B-equipped DC-8.
This airframe is a pax airliner conversion too, incidentally - first delivered to United Air Lines in 1969.
Quote from: DaveReid on February 07, 2010, 12:07:08 PM
Quote from: Marpleman on February 07, 2010, 11:46:15 AMGood catch John - was he ADS-B?
Good to see the classic aircraft still getting around - I fear their days are numbered given the increase in pax airliner conversions now taking over traditional freight ops, however I have noticed a considerable increase in Russian built frames (An12 &26's) buzzing around UK airspace over recent weeks - long may they continue!
Nope, this is a good old clockwork Mode-S-only aeroplane, in fact I don't think I've ever logged an ADS-B-equipped DC-8.
This airframe is a pax airliner conversion too, incidentally - first delivered to United Air Lines in 1969.
Cheers Dave - didn't think it would be
Remember picking up a couple of the Ghanaian examples last summer, and they were the same
It's almost as old as I am!
Nevertheless, great to see it hopping around and not sat rotting away in some desert
Rich
Hi this one on my flights now 4248D9 flight id VQBMS reg VQ-BMS B 747SP-21 Sands Las vegas ht 38000 hdg 290 sqwk 4113.
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 09, 2010, 09:23:31 PM
Hi this one on my flights now 4248D9 flight id VQBMS reg VQ-BMS B 747SP-21 Sands Las vegas ht 38000 hdg 290 sqwk 4113.
John
hi john
yes he is 59 n/miles north of me now.
from pat
Buzzing Texas today:
A0C0AB N148CS US Customs & Border Patrol P-3B AEW
Our sad, militarized border... but interesting plane.
Quote from: perezoso on February 11, 2010, 04:56:04 AM
Buzzing Texas today:
A0C0AB N148CS US Customs & Border Patrol P-3B AEW
Our sad, militarized border... but interesting plane.
Hmmm.
Comes up on both GAS and airframes.org as a Lockheed
P-38 which, if my memory serves me correctly, is a World War Two fighter (Lightning) - I'd like to see an AEW radome on one of those !
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/P-38.jpg)
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/P-3B.jpg)
Spot the difference :-)
G-SAMJ using callsign Ravenair 14
Listed as Partenavia P-68B Victor, owned by Ravenair, Liverpool.
Flying around Orkney Islands this morning - not seen one of these up here before.
smcm
AS8153 N454DR EMB-505 (Phenom 300)
With ADS-B, sending N-number as flight ID.
Press release says this is the fifth EMB-505 produced, and the first delivered. (Late December to a Fort Worth oil company.)
Hi All
A real nice catch even without a position. A96F69 B707-138B Reg N707JT Qantas John Travolta ht 40225 sqwk 5614 transit (ORCAM) Paris. Going like grease lightning!!
John
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on February 13, 2010, 07:28:59 PM
Hi All
A real nice catch even without a position. A96F69 B707-138B Reg N707JT Qantas John Travolta ht 40225 sqwk 5614.
John
Good to see this old bird.
Hi this is for me anyhow an unusual one. E440EA flight I/D ARCAVIO reg PR-LGE MD-11F of Varig Log ht 30025 hdg 258 sqwk 3370. Showing on the map coasting out Scotland just S of Turnberry and hdg toward N Ireland.
John
Hi on my flights now is A8E6FC flight id RPM151 (on radio as Cobalt 151) reg N673BF 767-238ER. Ht 36000 Hdg 293 Sqwk 5753
John
Antonov A225 Reg. ur82060 ModeS 508035 took off from Doncaster/Sheffield (Robinhood) EGCN. AT 12.30pm today,a first for my log.
so that was the noisy plane I heard this afternoon, also in my log 12:54 til 13:28 utc
Anyone any ideas about RAMPAG33 currently on my screen (See attach). Unusual data - Mode s 000000 Squawk 7700.
Syd
just picked up over Colorado ID. LLCOOLJ Alt. 33000 GS. 474 no other info
Just picked up on the network D-AECE 3C5465 Embraer 190 doing what looks like a test flight in Brazil plotting on the map, The first E190 I have seen with ADSB unless anyone knows different
None of Air Canada's E190 have it.
Quote from: spanman on March 05, 2010, 03:24:11 PM
Just picked up on the network D-AECE 3C5465 Embraer 190 doing what looks like a test flight in Brazil plotting on the map, The first E190 I have seen with ADSB unless anyone knows different
Let's hope it's a new incentive from Embraer and not just test flights or specific customer installed kit?
Good find anyhow!
Rich
0AC0F8 Colombian Hexcode Flt No. HK4682 FL250 around LHR area about 1250.
Never saw it, could not find it on Airframes either- any clues - might be interesting!
20-1102 B744 87C001 JAF001 Downwind to land at LHR FL50
20-1101 B744 87C000 JAF002 On Approach to LHR FL70
Had him on my box also, no info on Airframes.
Quote from: Tramline on March 06, 2010, 01:59:55 PM
0AC0F8 Colombian Hexcode Flt No. HK4682 FL250 around LHR area about 1250.
Never saw it, could not find it on Airframes either- any clues - might be interesting!
Quote from: anorak on March 06, 2010, 03:05:39 PM
Had him on my box also, no info on Airframes.Quote from: Tramline on March 06, 2010, 01:59:55 PM
0AC0F8 Colombian Hexcode Flt No. HK4682 FL250 around LHR area about 1250.
Never saw it, could not find it on Airframes either- any clues - might be interesting!
HK-4682 737 ex EasyJet, on delivery to Aires, I think.
Visible on the network at the moment:
Mode S FAC688 (octal 76543210), callsign ATC1, location showing as Toulouse Airport, altitude 450', GS zero, heading (i.e. track) 360.
Obviously a miscode or possibly spurious - any ideas, anyone ?
Good to see this S61 on the map - currently off the Dutch coast.
Rod
Afternoon All
Just come in from a forced shopping expedition, and notices A7-MAA sat in todays "My Log"
It's the second (?) Qatar C17 (06A248) was at FL320 between 13:42 and 13:55 flight ID LH0B240
Are these getting any more common sights these days? It's the first time I've seen any being picked up
Wasn't ADS-B by the way :-(
Regards
Rich
Hi Rich the Qatar C17 is the same one as earlier in the week. it is presently parked at Belfast Aldergrove it's location on the previous time also.
it seems it was and is again in to collect Ground Equipment for an A340 of the Qatar Royal Flight including steps etc, which are made in Dungannon by Mallaghan Engineering. Local rumour suggests it may be back next Wednesday also.
John
That Qatari C-17 landed at KIAD on 2/26 and left the next day. It was using the same ID.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 27, 2010, 11:08:24 PM
Hi Rich the Qatar C17 is the same one as earlier in the week. it is presently parked at Belfast Aldergrove it's location on the previous time also.
it seems it was and is again in to collect Ground Equipment for an A340 of the Qatar Royal Flight including steps etc, which are made in Dungannon by Mallaghan Engineering. Local rumour suggests it may be back next Wednesday also.
John
Cheers John
Those steps must be special???
any ideas when due to depart - clouds a bit patchy today ,but you never know!
Regards
Rich
Edit - It's ok guys - just picked it up heading home at 11:30 am this morning - total cloud cover
Rich
A7-MAA showing on screen now.
Hi I saw this on the radarbox NAMC YS-11A-205 shown in Piedmont Airlines Colours reg N247P. I have it working Belfast City on 130.85 routing from West Freugh and to report coasting in Ballywalter. The pilot has a Southern accent. At this time i'm not sure of it's destination but working the Harbour I wondered if it might be Newtownards?
John
Edit no further afield i think next to report the Mournes.
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 28, 2010, 04:40:01 PM
Hi I saw this on the radarbox NAMC YS-11A-205 shown in Piedmont Airlines Colours reg N247P. I have it working Belfast City on 130.85 routing from West Freugh and to report coasting in Ballywalter. The pilot has a Southern accent. At this time i'm not sure of it's destination but working the Harbour I wondered if it might be Newtownards?
John
Edit no further afield i think next to report the Mournes.
John
I'm afraid it's a "Database special" - it's actually a cessna T182 (A24B45) based at Athboy County Meath
regards
Rich
Disappointing, I know, the YS-11 was a great aeroplane, but it's almost 30 years since they last flew for Piedmont. The airliners.net photos are from 1978/1979.
Even by AirNav standards, that's pretty out-of-date :-)
My Favourite so far:
Avianca Flight AVA9776 Ex- Bogota right now is being operated by N401AV - shown in the picture downloaded as an F-4D Phantom !!!
Now that's a cool way to travel.......
Hi
Another out of date one turned up here a short while ago.
Pan Am Boeing 707-321 mode S A9A4D2 Registration N720PA.
Obviously we knew this was not right so Airframes tell us it is a Piper PA-28-181.
Claire
Quote from: dl1812 on March 28, 2010, 08:48:03 PM
My Favourite so far:
Avianca Flight AVA9776 Ex- Bogota right now is being operated by N401AV - shown in the picture downloaded as an F-4D Phantom !!!
Now that's a cool way to travel.......
Here what happened to the former N401AV - I guess those must be passengers waiting to board :-)
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/Aerospace%20Walk%20of%20Honor.jpg)
The Belgian DHL B752 fleet has today been transferred on mass to the German Register to be operated by EAT Leipzig. The first two have been seen on the network
3C70A1 D-ALEA ex OO-DLN
3C70AB D-ALEK ex OO-DPN
The extra advantage is that the D-ALE* series has not been used previously for airliners. So no old photos exist on Airliners.net to mess up the database system.
* ADFDF9 AF1 92-9000 B742 USA - Air Force 2010/03/29 05:28:59
Obama coming back from Afghanistan http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8591866.stm
Thanks, Jonjo
Quote from: orkney on March 28, 2010, 09:08:36 PMAnother out of date one turned up here a short while ago.
Pan Am Boeing 707-321 mode S A9A4D2 Registration N720PA.
Obviously we knew this was not right so Airframes tell us it is a Piper PA-28-181
Another great aircraft, one of the original, smoky, pre-turbofan 707s with P&W JT4s. Incidentally this one spent 10 years on the British register as G-AYVG with Donaldson and British Midland after Pan Am disposed of it in the early 1970s.
The photo RadarBox brings up appears to be taken at Hong Hong in the late 1960s - this has to be a strong contender for the most out-of-date RadarBox aircraft details/photo, unless anyone knows differently :-)
try this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8592070.stm
mike
Quote from: DaveReid on March 28, 2010, 10:23:09 PM
[
Here what happened to the former N401AV - I guess those must be passengers waiting to board :-)
These new Airfix kits are bigger than in my day !
AF1 stopped off at RAF Mildenhall for a fuel stop between 04:45 and 0600 BST today. However, I didn't get a hit either in nor out. :(
Graham
Anyone know whats going on here? Tracked a BA A320 heading north then it turned 180 and headed back. Listed as a flight from Gatwick to Heathrow. Seems a long way of doing this. Unless it's some kind of charter for those who want a flight familiarisation/eclipse viewing etc
I think I'm right in saying that BA flight numbers starting with a 9 are normally charters or one offs.
If you look at the particular flight routing against the c/s it's showing gatwick to Heathrow. On that premis, it's way off beam!
Quote from: Southwest on March 29, 2010, 03:45:59 PMI think I'm right in saying that BA flight numbers starting with a 9 are normally charters or one offs.
If you look at the particular flight routing against the c/s it's showing gatwick to Heathrow. On that premis, it's way off beam!
Yes, BAW9xxx flight numbers are invariably non-revenue e.g. positioning or engineering flights, and don't correspond to a specific route.
As such, it's a waste of time having them in a routes database at all, as today's example shows.
Thanks for that Southwest and Dave, another followed suit just after. BA probably have plenty of time to do these kinds of flights at the mo with the strike!
The other thing that BA do with 9000 series flight codes is fear of flying courses for panicky flyers. These ofthen go out over the south coast and back again for around 50 mins flying time. My wife did one, out of Gatwick on a BA A319.
Quote from: DaveReid on March 28, 2010, 10:23:09 PM
Quote from: dl1812 on March 28, 2010, 08:48:03 PM
My Favourite so far:
Avianca Flight AVA9776 Ex- Bogota right now is being operated by N401AV - shown in the picture downloaded as an F-4D Phantom !!!
Now that's a cool way to travel.......
Here what happened to the former N401AV - I guess those must be passengers waiting to board :-)
(http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/Aerospace%20Walk%20of%20Honor.jpg)
Dave
If you look closely at the picture, you will notice two female Database compilers, checking the details to the database recods!
:-)
Rich
Luxembourg NATO AWAC.
Quote from: shaun on March 30, 2010, 11:56:51 AM
Luxembourg NATO AWAC.
Pardon me for asking a daft question, but how do you get the screen shot to include the grid at the left of the page?
Quote
Pardon me for asking a daft question, but how do you get the screen shot to include the grid at the left of the page?
P/quote]ress the "print screen" button on your keyboard and then open a graphics editor (eg. paint) and press paste it there then save it in whatever format you want (jpg gif tif bmp or png)
hope this helps.
Andrew
I see WAD51, Nimrod R1 XW664 just about every day at around FL240. Anybody any idea what this aircraft is doing.
MTIA
Alan
XW664 and XW665 are engaged in ISTAR duties.
Tom
Thanks for the reply Tom, what are ISTAR duties?
Alan
"The Nimrod R1 is a derivative of the Nimrod MR2 maritime patrol aircraft and is operated by No 51 Squadron, from RAF Waddington. The Nimrod R1 has a highly sophisticated and sensitive suite of systems used for reconnaissance and gathering electronic intelligence. The ability of the Nimrod to transit at high speed and then loiter in an operational area at lower speed for long periods makes it ideally suited to the task. Air refuelling can extend the Nimrod R1's endurance should the task demand. The Nimrod R1 is operated by a four-man flight deck crew of two pilots, a flight engineer and a weapon systems officer, and an electronic reconnaissance crew of 24 reconnaissance- equipment operators commanded by a mission supervisor. The aircraft is fitted with two inertial navigation systems and a satellite-based global positioning system to assist in the requirement for accurate navigation.
The Nimrod R1 can be distinguished from the maritime MR2 aircraft by the absence of the tail-mounted Magnetic Anomaly Detector boom."
Alan,
ISTARS - Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and the Reconnaissance.
There are only two R1s in existence XV249 and XW664, not XW665 as I said above, it having been retired some months ago. Rare to see them in this country as they are usually deployed to Aghanistan. However, recent heightening of the terrorist threat here is keeping one busy in our skies along with some other newer types which should be out in Afghanistan helping our troops.
Tom
Gotta love the Flight No. on this one..
A Greek Lockheed, are these photos of two different aircraft?
Quote from: shaun on April 01, 2010, 02:03:22 PMA Greek Lockheed, are these photos of two different aircraft?
Yes, the RadarBox aircraft details/photo bug strikes again.
You are indeed looking at photos of two different aircraft - a Greek Air Force F-16C and a rather forlorn-looking PZL-130 Orlik, the latter on display at the Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego (Polish Aviation Museum) in Krakow.
And in fact it was neither of those aircraft that you actually picked up - RadarBox is known to return those spurious photos and details for hex code 48D842, which is in fact CASA 295M msn S013 of the Polish Air Force.
Here are the photos that RadarBox
should have displayed:
(http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/small/3/5/7/1451753.jpg) (http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/small/6/9/5/1408596.jpg)
Thanks Dave,
In future will this bug be corrected?
Quote from: shaun on April 01, 2010, 03:40:02 PMThanks Dave,
In future will this bug be corrected?
I certainly hope so, as do many other RadarBox users.
AirNav have been promising action on this for more than a year, so I would expect that a fix is imminent any day now ...
Quote from: DaveReid on April 01, 2010, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: shaun on April 01, 2010, 03:40:02 PMThanks Dave,
In future will this bug be corrected?
I certainly hope so, as do many other RadarBox users.
AirNav have been promising action on this for more than a year, so I would expect that a fix is imminent any day now ...
AhemCough01AprilCough ;-)
Saudi Ministry Of Finance B737 HZ-MF1 (7101E2) at FL400 full ADS-B heading 281 direct over Stockport now
Rich
HZ-MF1 over Dublin FL32,0 14.55,
landing at Shannon.
TC-ANA A319 Turkish Govt (4b85c1) full ADS-B heading 281 at FL370
Just passed over Stockport at 15:20
Rich
TC-ANA departed Dublin 17.30 after refuel,
heading west towards the US.
Antonov AN-124 back in at Prestwick. Will depart shortly for Israel.
Its RA-82042
Very nice indeed :)
Just noted UAE777 climbing out of Everett en-route to Dubai on delivery. hex code of 89619A, no registration showing.
Just noted a new Ryanair 737 EI-EMD 4CA84C at FL410, looks fresh out of the factory en-route Dublin
400D77 G-FULM S76 Air Harrods 2010/04/16 18:28:13
mmmm Mr al fayed's chopper I presume, going by the two obvious clues here. :)
It just flew right over my house.
Just had this little thing broadcasting positional data.
Yes, I spotted that too.
Hi I also saw this one and did you notce just north west of it a DHL 757 unless it was a miscode, seemed to be southbound?
John
Good morning all.
Please find enclosed an attachment below of the Tiger Club invasion of Gatwick yesterday.
Steve.
Excellent! There are more pictures and details here.
http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21902
Avia Nova A320 EI-ELE just departed Shannon probably on delivery. Ex G-TTOG of Easy Jet. Looks like it is en-route Lands End this time.
Just been watching an unknown Dutch code 484A11, no details but flying very very high showing as 125800 and squawking 0000, anyon else picking it up?
Stuart
I can see 484AA1 at 40000 - TVF3017E PH-HSW B738
It was definitley 484A11, gone from my screen now. It was showing from 16.39 till 17.12 and start and finish altitude was 125800.
Almost certainly an incorrect altitude readout.
I wonder what could get the Dutch that high?
A new one for me with full position info was RA-76951 IL76 152C97 10.18 till 10.39 today flying north west towards Glasgow.
Quote from: anorak on April 24, 2010, 05:02:45 PM
I wonder what could get the Dutch that high?
It's a great shame the ISS and Shuttles are not ADS-B equipped........now there's a thought!
I'm sure that they are - just not in any mode that we can detect!
Quote from: besty on April 25, 2010, 09:52:30 AM
A new one for me with full position info was RA-76951 IL76 152C97 10.18 till 10.39 today flying north west towards Glasgow.
This flight dept EMA about 10.00am VDA4724 to JFK
Here's a new one for me. At 1505 today SU-BAU Egyptian Airforce Herc. at 2456.8NM over Burkina Faso. Flight ID 0000000.
Perhaps not.
424972 VVLK1778 2010/05/05 17:29:08
Any one have an ID please?
Overhead Cornwall (19:45)
ModeS: ADFEB8
FlightID: S7177
Reg: 98-0002
Aircraft: B752
IS this what they call Airforce 2 ?
Working London 132.950 as SAM7177
Quote from: anorak on May 05, 2010, 04:50:55 PM
424972 VVLK1778 2010/05/05 17:29:08
Any one have an ID please?
Vladivostok (VLK) VQ-BEU A330-301 c/n 55 ex Aer Lingus EI-DUB
Is this the first time we've had two 787's up together?
Rod
An RAF hawk, and an antonov.
Interesting plane over Luxembourg the last days:
Registration :N525EZ Cessna 525B
Owner : Eli Zabar -> The best grocery in New York City(believe me !).
Maybe an error in database ?
Hosch
No - it's right - I researched it when I did the logo some time ago.
Rod
Thanks Rod !
He could parachute some sandwiches ;-)
Hosch
I am picking up 0D0431 on my flights. Airframes shows as Do328J XA-FAS. It is squawking 5471 and is at FL340. Non ADSB.
Currently giving the Tain Range controller something to do!! A formation of 4 Germans wanting to route through (no, that will be around) the bombing range on their way to Perth.
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4621791530_9458c5514d_o.jpg)
Seems like these guys are doing a round-Britain flight.
http://walesairnetwork.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/achtung-achtung-german-airborne-armada-lands-at-caernarfon/
And there's SIX of them now.
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4621835704_56a648f373_o.jpg)
EDIT: RAF Tornado aborts bombing run, followed by one of the German pilot saying "Sorry, I understood that I was cleared to transit the zone"
We are not long back from Kirkwall airport and seen around 12 of the German aircraft still lined up there. There were 18 in total but some had left before we got there. The local news says they are doing the tour of Britain from 12-24th May. Quite interesting to see and got a few photos too.
Andrew
Thanks Andrew. I'd be interested in any photos you got. 10 aircraft so far have managed to avoid the Tain Range zone!!
Hello Tarbat
I'll get you some photos sent in a couple of days when I get to my other computer as this one doesn't handle CR2 files as it doesn't have photoshop on this one. It should be Friday or thereabouts.
Andrew
Its the Flying Farmers tour. I believe they are stopping the night at Hatton near Longside.
Quote from: Runway 31 on May 19, 2010, 07:11:12 PMIts the Flying Farmers tour. I believe they are stopping the night at Hatton near Longside.
Are you sure? Reports on scotavnet suggest that these are not the flying farmers, but a group of German pilots doing a round-Britain tour. The German pilots told ATC that they were heading to Perth.
We're expecting some of the flying farmers at Easter Airfield today, but unfortunately I can't get there today :(
Flying Farmers:
G-AXOT, G-BSPE, G-BFSS, G-SACH, G-HIND, G-GOSL, G-BIES, G-LADS, G-BDUY, G-CCPV, G-BZAM, G-CFSB, G-CEKW, G-BORK, G-BCRR, G-HOPE, G-CRUZ, N787CE
German Round-Britain Tour:
D-EBNO Be33
D-EITG C172
D-EHGA AA5
D-EDSD Robin
D-EMGZ C172
OE-KNN Pa28RT
D-ESHK Robin
D-EOJI C172
D-ECTL C172
D-EKAZ Pa28
D-EKLF SR22
Your right enough Tarbat, Iam picking the various replies up wrongly putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.
As you say they are 2 different groups the Germans spent the night in Perth and the farmers in Hatton. The farmers are doing day trips to Tain and other places, night stopping Thursday and Friday at Hatton before departing on Saturday.
Does anyone know if our German friends are including Barton on their little jaunt?
Rgds
Rich
7C11767 VH-EWP an F27 on no position info squark 6263
A6-EDI EK A380 seen at LHR 30th May. Aircraft only deliverd 28th May so poss first service.
My favourite flight ID.
One that was of interest to me was Rubystar An12BK EW-275TI hex 510045 on the screen in ful ADSB approaching Jo-burg last night. Never seen an An12 like that before.
Alan
Can anyone explain to me about the flight ID here and the subsequent logo?
Look out for the men in sun glasses Shaun. They know where you are!!!
Im not sure what you mean, i know this aircraft is anti-terrorism and fitted with ANPR.
www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=543.945
Have a look at this.
I still don't get it. Unless this is a *wink**wink* say no more thing?
hello
I think the zzzzzzzz is used by military intelligence if I remember correctly from the logos thread.
Andrew
Thank you, im not going to say any more because they probably think i'm a terrorist now.
Hi Showing full details just West of Leeds Bradford NW bound is 48434F B767.33AER Reg P4 MES ht 34000 hdg 331 sqwk 5016 , Roman Abromovich's personal jet.
John
Currently OTT Glasgow 23.54
Just had a A380 OTT showing as AIB380 383E7A Airbus Industries F-WWOW at 36000 heading N/W.
USAF 747-200 SKIP13 75-0125 ADFEB6 just airborne out of LHR turning South
Just seen coming out of Durham Tees Valley is Cobham Flight Inspection CLB61 G-COBM Beech B350 40628F, not seen this one showing full ads-b before.
Stuart
Here are Military aircraft that I have received since I received my RadarBox on June 9th.
I don't know if they appeared on the map but I did see a few SAM flights on the map.
Another strange flight ID.
Just Got AFR6431 Air France Cargo Mode S 392283 F-GIUD on the network was on route to Prestwick but has diverted to LHR as it has developed a weather radar problem is currently in the hold at Bovingdon
Just been checking my log and Steven Jobs plane recorded. It's a Gulfstream 5 with the registration N2N. Probably means the price of Apple computers won't be coming down for a while then :) Can't be cheap running that thing!
Sandy
I wonder if he chose that registration because of Isaac Newton and his alleged apple...
He's over North California at the moment.
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on July 04, 2010, 04:49:09 PMI wonder if he chose that registration because of Isaac Newton and his alleged apple...
Somehow I doubt it - the Apple Newton wasn't exactly one of their greatest successes.
:-)
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4787113148_aebd04d600_b.jpg)
Quote from: tarbat on July 12, 2010, 04:04:06 PM
:-)
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4787113148_aebd04d600_b.jpg)
Nice one !!
These blighters are causing us a few headaches in the Updater Team as no one is able to confirm the correct registrations carried on them, or if they're civil or mil.
Even Dave Reid can't help us!!
I recall seeing one of these machines at Heathrow a few years back, it had the registration TET1EY. I assume from the reg it must have been a corporate craft and not military. :)
Sandy
MCE4 Tristar K1 ZD949 FL270 going west to east just over Marham as I type. MCE is Marshalls callsign so probably a test flight. First time I've seen this type of callsign.
This counts as interesting - on MyFlights now.
Rod
Hi Rod Ref 4K-8888, I was watching him also nice one indeed. I have the radio on but not heared anything yet. Mind you quite a few Dublin inbounds are scurrying around Thunder Clouds with lightning presently.
John
It's descending through FL110 as I type this shame it's not ADS-B!
Perhaps someone will tell us where it lands.
Rod
Hi Rod
A day off work looming possibly he is on 128.5 decending into Belfast Aldergrove. Loud and clear but his accent is very difficult.
John
Excellent - thanks, John.
I lost him at 8000ft.
Rod
It is owned/operated by ESW Business Aviation which is an airline based in Baku, Azerbaijan, i thought it might be bringing in a football team for one of our Belfast Clubs, Cliftonville. On checking they are playing against a Croatian team so not sure!!.
John
Mystery solved it brought in FC Qarabag Khankendi from Azerbijan to play a N.I. side Portadown.
John
A Goose flying over Manchester airport with full ADS-B!
Rod
I have changed it to a McKinnon G21G Turbo Goose - G21T
So have I - I see it's landed at Farnborough.
Cheers!
Rod
It spent last night in Glasgow where it arrived from Stornoway.
This has been around most of the day, Sentinel perhaps?
Quote from: anorak on July 21, 2010, 08:09:22 PMThis has been around most of the day, Sentinel perhaps?
I would doubt it - the Sentinels normally use their allocated hex codes, and I've yet to see one above FL470 (although the FL639 is probably spurious).
An interesting type substitution tonight. Because of the French ATC strike EIN528 from Paris CDG to Dublin that is normally A320 size aircraft is being operated by EI-ORD, their A332.
Hello
Just wondering if this is a replacement for D-ALCQ which crashed the other day and since it is using a Lufthansa Cargo callsign. If we find it is transferred to Lufthansa Cargo long term then I will change the database.
Andrew
Would not think its been transferred to them, just under hire! Little to quick for anything to be replaced full time.
Quote from: anorak on July 21, 2010, 08:09:22 PM
This has been around most of the day, Sentinel perhaps?
This is shown when the system reports "Broken or Miscoded Transponder", I have it on my screen almost daily! can cover more than one airframe.
The Sentinels do have their own codes and are in the main AirNav Database
Hi All ABA53C N85CL F9EX Cleveland Browns. was just on the box a rare visitor?
John
A9BF71 N727VJ B727-44 C/N 19318 Heading North at FL380. Cloudy but good to see this old girl about still.
Database shows it in Kingfisher Air Colours.
Quote from: Tramline on August 12, 2010, 07:05:19 AM
A9BF71 N727VJ B727-44 C/N 19318 Heading North at FL380.
ICAO R721
TTF9031 Russian A/F AN-124 going into Brize Norton RA82040.
Quote from: Alan Parker on August 13, 2010, 03:22:02 PM
TTF9031 Russian A/F AN-124 going into Brize Norton RA82040.
How do you know he was going into Brize?
710086 / SVA9023 any ideas please, nothing found on Airframes?
Quote from: viking9 on August 13, 2010, 05:11:09 PM
Quote from: Alan Parker on August 13, 2010, 03:22:02 PM
TTF9031 Russian A/F AN-124 going into Brize Norton RA82040.
How do you know he was going into Brize?
Heard it on the scanner.
Sorry in a rush and put this on the wrong thread.
Anorak
710086 is A320-214 HZ-AS20 c/n 4392 of Saudi Arabian Airlines and its on its delivery flight.
Also on delivery this time is 06A08C A7-AIC A321-231 c/n 4406 en-route to Qatar Airways.
Another delivered today was LX5207 4B1881 A330-343E HB-JHH c/n 1445 for Swiss International.
All courtesy of John Hargreaves
Thanks, put right in to my database. No chance of a photo? :-)
They are all in the d/b so if you click on the flight the details should be downloaded.
Alan
Quote from: anorak on August 13, 2010, 06:51:55 PM
No chance of a photo? :-)
hello
Since it is a new aircraft it hasn't had anyone take a photo of it yet and upload it to Airliners.net . Normally the longer the aircraft has been in service and the more it visits major airports , the more chance there is of a photo being taken of it and uploaded to Airliners.net.
Andrew
Had a DC-3 today registered to Kenn Borek Air Ltd, nice to see a blast from the past.
Sandy
Currently in My Flights
0D0C1D XA-TUF Cessna 208 Caravan of Vuelamex at 13000 ft somewhere in the north west around EGCC
Any ideas what he's upto so far from home??
Rich
UR-CFB Antonov 12 (508130) Aerovis VIZ2360 trundling south past EGCC at FL230 heading 180 making a glorious racket in the sun set (honest!)
Rich
I love the sound of An-12's droning over! I never have any idea why they're flying around Lancashire - anyone know? They are pretty regular over-flyers.
Rod
Rich,
The XA-TUF had UN titles on it so that may explain. Its next stop after Edinburgh was Stuttgart.
Alan
Showing with full ADS B on screen N123CZ Cessna Citation CJ3 currently at FL430 heading south east over North Yorkshire.
Stuart
Showing in my log now is SFR551 ZS-RSG 00AECF Lockheed L-100-30 Hercules, currently at FL250.
Very unusual visitor not only a civilian Herc but also a South African visitor too.
Stuart
Quote from: besty on August 30, 2010, 05:13:36 PM
Showing in my log now is SFR551 ZS-RSG 00AECF Lockheed L-100-30 Hercules, currently at FL250.
Very unusual visitor not only a civilian Herc but also a South African visitor too.
Stuart
It is currently on lease to Air Contractors, so is currently based in the UK. Should become quite regular for us british users.
Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Stuart
Quote from: besty on August 30, 2010, 06:33:17 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Stuart
Picked it up also.
Heard it heading east over EGCC - lovely sound, but patchy cloud prevented seeing it - hopefully it will be buzzing around a bit out of Dublin around the north west for a few weeks?
Rich
Wonder what this is doing over Lancashire...
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on September 05, 2010, 01:50:56 PM
Wonder what this is doing over Lancashire...
Rod
Hello
He has just landed at Wick - EGPC.
Andrew
This thread has grown to a somewhat unmanageable size since I started it, so I'll lock it and start another :-)